• ”u ppl are sad sad fucks u know that”

Star Wars Griefing Thread (Formerly about Last Jedi)It's nothing like Empire... like.... at all, we promise

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by CowReserach Inc., Jul 23, 2017.

1. Oh crap! A skeleton war would be... let me check my guide:
    [​IMG]

Damn you humans and your voodoo!

• Feels Feels x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Flexo

Flexo serial #3370318

kiwifarms.net
  2. Of course not. But given the choice between "The audience is rejecting our work" and "We are the victim of... MEMETIC WARFARE" guess what appeals to paranoid narcissists.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  3. I mostly remember that because I still have no clue what they could branch out into but that could be because I never watched any of them. Marvel (and theoretically DC) can only keep branching out because you're talking about a publisher with a century worth of material of multiple genres. So it's weird when people suggest cinematic universes of Ghostbusters or random movie monsters.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. It came out before girlbusters, but there was Ghost Negotiator Tenma, the Sony-produced ORIGINAL BUSTING DO NOT STEAL Japanese sitcom.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Feels Feels x 1
    XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. The director of a BobaFett spinoff film warns fans about boycotting Starwars, "There will be consequences".

https://archive.fo/mFw0L

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 2
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    Henk Hill

Henk Hill Clouds?

kiwifarms.net
  6. Lucasfilm losing a shitton of money is a consequence, yes. And..?

But seriously, "no talented director will take these projects?" That's it? That's the big consequence? Dude, that's where we already are- when talented directors turn up, they either get fired or get their talent micromanaged away so Kathleen Kennedy and her Keystone Katlady writing staff can squeeze in a few more dopamine hits for themselves, resulting in the same Human-Centipede-esque redigested corporate slop.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Krokodil Overdose

Krokodil Overdose [|][||][||][|_]

kiwifarms.net
  7. Possible answer:

I don't care if talented directors work on films I'm boycotting.

Add invective to taste.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  8. Since TFA talented directors were refusing to work with Star Wars. I remember that Quentin Tarantino and Christopher Nolan were some of the names cited as potential filmmakers to handle the first episode of the trilogy, I belive Spielberg refused too. And here's the irony: Tarantino is working on the new Star Trek movie now, and Nolan probably will direct the next James Bond debut, another two legendary franchises that are, right now, way more respected by fans.

Eat shit, Disney. Nobody respected wants to deal with this horrible environment you have created.

• Winner  x 11
    • Agree  x 3
    • Like  x 2
    • Informative  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  9. This whole debacle is a consequence, you made your bed and lay in it. Add another few sheets and comforters named "Progressive Values" and "Subverting Expectations" and you'll be paralyzed in your sleep. Get fucked, Disney.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    NumberingYourState

NumberingYourState WORTH IT ×
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Which is a shame, since people like Nolan would have had the clout to tell Kennedy, "no, we're doing it this way" and make it actually happen. Instead they get talented young'uns who they can hold by the balls and force to stamp out #woke product #67422b.

But that's really your point: they ultimately did this to themselves, and now they're reaping the consequences.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Krokodil Overdose

Krokodil Overdose [|][||][||][|_]

kiwifarms.net
  11. I find it interesting how the Boba Fett director doesn't realize that if Rian Johnson had actually fought the Disney execs to make the movie different from what we saw then he wouldn't be constantly doubling down on his decisions and blaming GamerGate on twitter.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 8
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Stock Image Photographer

Stock Image Photographer What kind of fruit do you like the most?

kiwifarms.net
  12. :autism: IF YOU DONT WATCH THIS MOVIE, ILL MAKE A MOVIE YOU DONT WANT TO WATCH :autism:

yeah
    *yawn*

• Like  x 12
    • Winner  x 6
    • Agree  x 2
    • Semper Fidelis  x 1
    •  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    ZehnBoat

ZehnBoat %Femalename

kiwifarms.net
  13. Does it even cross the minds of these people that SW (movies) shouldn't be made anymore?
    Times have changed, new blockbusters and winning formulas have arrived on the scene, with Marvel effectively taking the crown from SW.

Wouldn't it be better to make a new major franchise?
    It doesn't even need to be original or anything, just show the audience that you tried creating a new IP, instead of blatantly rehashing what came before.

No, of course not.
    Let's keep making "subversive" movies that don't have the balls to actually change anything because of corporate meddling.

SW had its heyday, it was great, lives on in people's memories and in the additional material.
    Please stop jerking off the cashcow. :(

• Feels Feels x 11
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    mrdk_04

mrdk_04 In semi-autist hell.

kiwifarms.net
  14. Like how I won't have to watch your shitty Boba Fett film since it was cancelled? I see no downside to this.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  15. It's also a lot about marketing. If they admit that the movie was crap, noone will watch it. If they declare the lackluster viewership and lukewarm bordering on hostile reception on trolls, they might be able to sucker in a few dopes that don't think 45% on Rotten Tomatos is an indication of a huge fuckup.

Ghostbusters tried to push the angle that people should watch Ghostbusters multiple times - not only cause it's that """good""", but also to show it to them dang dirty trolls. :story:
    """Oddly enough""", TLJ had plenty of reviewers remarking how TLJ would improve every time you watched it, indirectly urging people to rewatch it a couple of times. My inner cynic sees a pattern here.

That is literally what people are hoping to achieve.

Quite fittingly, I remember a forum post from back in the heyday of the SWTORtanic, where a fan made a heartfelt appeal to all the people considering to unsub to just stay on the game a little longer. His reasoning was that if people stay on board, the game will have a chance to slowly evolve into the direction everybody wants and that it will become marvelous if just enough people stick around to support it. Furthermore, he asked the players to consider future generations, that might not be able to check out this game if it ended up being shut down due to a lack of interest by players worldwide.

He then closed his post by announcing that he'd unfortunately have to unsub, cause he felt there was little fun to be had for him in this game, but that he was eager to try it out in the future, when all the shit got fixed and there's actually content to be played.

:story:

Hollywood is insanely risk-averse. They love to rely on old and tested franchises, that's why for the past couple years, every movie had been a sequel, prequel, remake, reboot, soft reboot, adaptation or whatever of an already existing story.

Part of me hopes that Disney will buy up all major franchises, and while they piledrive them into the ground, Hollywood will finally come to their senses and start making original movies again, that don't rely on established franchises.
    :optimistic:

ftfy

•  x 5
    • Winner  x 4
    • Like  x 1
    • Informative  x 1
    • Optimistic  x 1
    RomanesEuntDomus

RomanesEuntDomus Ask me about DIN Standards
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. See that’s why you think. Smart man died in the (So far the best of the new shit) first movie to avoid the shame of being in any of the rest.

• Like Like x 7
    • Feels Feels x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    GnomeofDoc

GnomeofDoc What? I like weird old guns.

kiwifarms.net
  17. When a person agrees with Jonny McIntosh you know they're a hopelessly lost cause . That it's the director of the worst Star Wars film is just the icing on the cake.

[​IMG]

• Feels Feels x 15
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 4
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. And we should care why?

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  19. It disturbs me how these two attention whoring chuckleheads manage to get thousands of idiots give them asspats just for saying the stupidest or most self-important shit imaginable. I mean 9.8k likes for a tweet like that? Part of me wants to hope a lot of those are bots but I should know better by now. :optimistic:

• Feels Feels x 6
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    GeneralFriendliness

GeneralFriendliness Lone Locust of the Apocalypse

kiwifarms.net
  20. Wait, Boba Fett's going to be directed by James Mangold??

So the twelfth announced/confirmed director for a Disney Star Wars project in a row is another white/jewish man?

Kathleen, it's almost like you don't really believe in the diversity principles you strive to advocate for.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 7
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Absolutego

Absolutego Ghost of ¡Jeb!

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.