• Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.
  1. The site is being DDoS attacked again. They've changed their bot behavior since last time. I've added a mandatory CAPTCHA at a Cloudflare level. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Star Wars Griefing Thread (Formerly about Last Jedi)It's nothing like Empire... like.... at all, we promise

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by CowReserach Inc., Jul 23, 2017.

1. I'm not surprised. He said he was a fan of the KOTOR games and even admitted that Kylo Ren was based on Revan to the point of calling him the "Scourge of Malachor" which never made much sense since Rebels shows that the place is uninhabited and the comics or whatever just show him going down there to get a lightsaber. What exactly is he the scourge of? Nothing. JJ just wanted his own Revan and the title sounded neat I guess without putting much thought into it other than Revan parallels.

• Feels Feels x 2
    GeneralFriendliness

GeneralFriendliness General of Dokar's Soy-Slayer Regiment

kiwifarms.net
  2. Only issue here is the damn story and theming will be tard helmet worthy.

• Like Like x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Ok here's what I'm thinking - Kathleen Kennedy is fucking frantic desperately trying to save her job with episode ix, and following the backlash against tlj she has decided to go full bore in the opposite direction, and because she doesn't understand star wars fans she thinks the opposite is nazis. The black beans are obviously space Mexicans, who grill up Luke and serve him in the jedi enchilada - now available at taco bell!

• 🤔 Thunkful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. [​IMG]
    Yo soy Jedi Eater! I am the Eater of Worlds, Tacos and of Jedi! Now... yo quiero mi Taco Jedi!

• Like Like x 5
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    #6724 GeneralFriendliness, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
  5. There has been a worrying rumor I read back that JJ might actually make Revan Canon to have HIM redeem Revan

• 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  6. Reminder that canon Revan is a darkside male regardless of what JJ or EAware say.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Your Weird Fetish

Your Weird Fetish Intersectional fetishist

kiwifarms.net
  7. Well, it'll stay that way, since women can't be evil, in nuWars.
    Expect Revan to wear a red cap.

• Feels Feels x 1
    RomanesEuntDomus

RomanesEuntDomus May contain nuts.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. My first thought? They're plagiarizing Harry Potter now. (Death Eaters.)

They already had Space-Cthulu or whatever the fuck the tentacle thing was in Solo. I finally got around to watching it, and fell asleep for about 2o minutes in the middle, so maybe I'm not remembering it quite correctly? Sure didn't feel like I missed much.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Elwood P. Dowd

Elwood P. Dowd Here, let me give you one of my cards.

kiwifarms.net
  9. Maul, Dooku and Grievous were actually...well not great, but I'd say okay? Serviceable. They didn't feel like they couldn't possibly be connected to the plot at large, they did sort of fit into the narrative and they weren't so...weirdly out of context.
    'Okay, sure of course the Sith would have a badass with a double lightsaber, why not? Those dudes are all edgelords and I can't wait to see him and this conflict develop over the three movies and oh never mind he's dead.'
    'Well I guess the Jedi are a big organization now so there must be people who leave it and Christopher Lee is killing it so replacing Maul is fine, I can't wait for some really meaty scenes demonstrating his importance to the plot and okay so he's dead too, nevermind.'
    '.........robot cyberguy general named Grievous? Uh.....well cyborgs are a thing and so are generals so why not I guess? Did I miss a scene while getting popcorn - how is he so important? Is there some backstory with Obi-wan I missed?'

• Agree Agree x 7
    JohnDoe

JohnDoe New Year's Resolution: End the Saracen Threat!

kiwifarms.net
  10. Exactly. Every single one was fine in their own right, they were just not used in a way to really use them to their potential.
    Basically, instead of fleshing out the characters, they popped into and out of the movies far too quickly.

• Agree Agree x 12
    RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. Jesus, give it a rest with the fucking desert planets.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Goodbye Horses

Goodbye Horses Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Part of the problem, and this was a larger problem with the prequels overall, was the huge time jump between Phantom and Attack. It was not necessary to have a movie about child Anakin and it just sort of necessitated having a disposable villain.

I firmly believe that Phantom should have been scrapped, and that the prequels should have opened with Anakin being paired with Obi-Wan for his first foray out of the Jedi academy and the next three films focused on their friendship growing and Anakin slow-falling to the Dark Side with the clone wars as the backdrop.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    JohnDoe

JohnDoe New Year's Resolution: End the Saracen Threat!

kiwifarms.net
  13. Going off of that, having an animated series in the place of TPM in the style of Genndy's Clone Wars would have also been kickass. Then we'd have probably:

Old Republic?

???

Genndy-like animated series about Obi Wan and Qui Gon going to Tattooine and finding a young Anakin.

Ep: 1: The Phantom Menace (V2)
    Anakin and Obi-Wan learn about the mysterious Trade Federation's involvement on Geonosis, ending on a big cliffhanger scene in the Arena. Dooku pops up and is a threat here. Anakin and Obi Wan are forced by him into the arena after narrowly escaping him in a duel.
    Ep 2: Attack Of The Clones: Fight scene in the Arena, roughly the events of Attack Of The Clones. Dooku's still a threat here, and introduces his new cyborg lackey, Grievous, who is shown wrecking Jedi both strategically on the field of battle and blade to blade. Dooku lops off Anakin's arm and incapacitates Obi Wan with ease, is fought off by Yoda. Grievous is still a threat.

Genndy Wars

Ep: 3: Revenge of the Sith: Palpatine's plans reach fruition, similar to RoTS in our own way. No Chewbacca and Padme doesn't die to avoid plotholes from RoTJ. However, Palpatine lies to Vader and he is crushed. Grievous escapes Obi Wan (although he is heavily wounded and it is clear Obi Wan would have killed him otherwise) on Utapau and assists in executing Order 66, mostly by coordinating both drone and clone strikes on Jedi.

Fall of Grievous series?
    Exiled Jedi series?
    Founding of the Rebellion series?
    OT

Luke's New Jedi Order?

???

Notice how much room there is for more content here, and this is strictly keeping as close to Lucas's films as possible. That's a world of possibilities. I can't imagine using Rey as a character and getting anything out of her, except as maybe the personification of a Keeper Of Secrets in a game of Dark Heresy.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Dr W

Dr W Synthesizing Mustard Gas

kiwifarms.net
  14. Might be related:
    https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201901/6536/
    Looks like Disney CEO Bob Iger deleted his Twitter account after some sort of negative backlash of some kind. His old business account is still up but it hasn't been active since 2014.

• Informative Informative x 7
    GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
  15. He's probably just sick of dickheads yelling at him for shit he can't control.

• Informative Informative x 3
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. I've got bad news for you, kiddo...

• Feels Feels x 1
    Chester Rigby

Chester Rigby Eventually relevant. Trust me.

kiwifarms.net
  17. In the movies, obviously. We've covered Chuck Windy's wedding fart extravaganza a few times in this and his own thread.

• Agree Agree x 3
    RomanesEuntDomus

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. This sounds similar to a video I watched a long time ago.

While I like the Phantom Menace the way it is despite its flaws, I think this version would have been miles spectacular to watch and love.

• Informative Informative x 3
    Godzilla@1989

Godzilla@1989 Marlon Brando's eyes!

kiwifarms.net
  19. Gettin' ready for that presidential run he's repeatedly denied he's going to do?

• Like Like x 1
    Elwood P. Dowd

Elwood P. Dowd Here, let me give you one of my cards.

kiwifarms.net
  20. Any misgivings I have about the sequels doesn't change my stance that the prequels were kind of a mess.

Its sad too because a lot of the material surrounding the prequels were good. A lot of the books were good, the animated shows were good, and there were a couple of good games as well. The movies though...just...ugh. Redlettermedia pretty much said it all, so I don't really need to elaborate. It doesn't help that the CGI has not aged well at all. II and III in particular look like the actors are surrounded by an invisible box the entire time and can't interact with the world around them.

I don't necessarily hate the prequels, and I never got mad at George Lucas for them like a lot of other fans did. They just weren't that good.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.