Star Wars Griefing Thread (Formerly about Last Jedi) - It's nothing like Empire... like.... at all, we promise

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slayer Regiment
kiwifarms.net
Disney's marketing Han's ship as Rey Sue's.
Stick a fork in me, I'm done...

Also they released the trailer for the not-Boba Fett show.
Feels a bit circlejerky, but I will give credit in that it actually looks like Star Wars aesthetically speaking, but the first few seconds starts off with another ugly TFA alien which according to a lot of Behind the Scenes junk they'll be recycling costumes from TFA and TLJ, so I have little optimism about seeing any familiar or pleasant looking aliens, unless that Dewback figure is an indication of some better things. Also according to info this guy has no real connection (biologically speaking) with Jango or Boba, simply wearing the same armor, and most sources hint that this guy is actually a character from Chuck Wendig's novels who bought Boba Fett's helmet from some Jawas...

Filoni is really stepping up his wolfaboo status with that new shirt of his.

Last edited:

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net

Feels a bit circlejerky, but I will give credit in that it actually looks like Star Wars aesthetically speaking, but the first few seconds starts off with another ugly TFA alien which according to a lot of Behind the Scenes junk they'll be recycling costumes from TFA and TLJ, so I have little optimism about seeing any familiar or pleasant looking aliens, unless that Dewback figure is an indication of some better things. Also according to info this guy has no real connection (biologically speaking) with Jango or Boba, simply wearing the same armor, and most sources hint that this guy is actually a character from Chuck Wendig's novels who bought Boba Fett's helmet from some Jawas...

Werner Herzog is in this apparently.

GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
Remember when we were laughing at obese girls crying over Twilight trailers?
Now we have grown men crying over Star Wars.
How times have changed.
I think the twilight fans and Star Wars fans are one and the same now considering how obsessed with shipping/pairings they are. Almost every discussion online surrounding this movie is Reylo shit, followed by Palpatine shitposting, mockery and finally theoryfags making dumb theories about Snoke and Palpatine joining forces or Rey being the secret love child between Leia and Lando (which honestly shouldn't even be possible since Leia cheated on Han with Holdo).

Spatula

kiwifarms.net
I think the twilight fans and Star Wars fans are one and the same now considering how obsessed with shipping/pairings they are. Almost every discussion online surrounding this movie is Reylo shit, followed by Palpatine shitposting, mockery and finally theoryfags making dumb theories about Snoke and Palpatine joining forces or Rey being the secret love child between Leia and Lando (which honestly shouldn't even be possible since Leia cheated on Han with Holdo).
You forgot to add the Marvel fans.

Dr W

Heaven is void of light
kiwifarms.net
You've seen from my extensive analyses on the 'character' of Rey that she fills the exact same role as Bella from Twilight. "Totally average" girl (brunette, constantly open mouth, slack jawed thousand yard stare) suddenly gains power/affection from supernatural beings and spends her time miraculously solving problems and being in the center of several men fighting over her.

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also according to info this guy has no real connection (biologically speaking) with Jango or Boba, simply wearing the same armor, and most sources hint that this guy is actually a character from Chuck Wendig's novels who bought Boba Fett's helmet from some Jawas...
As much as I despise Wendig, that sounds more promising than them delving into fandalorian territory.

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net
Kind off topic, but was Lucasfilm's Willow released by MGM back in 1988. I asked this because I saw it on dvd from Disney at Wall-Mart.

GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
As much as I despise Wendig, that sounds more promising than them delving into fandalorian territory.
He is a fandalorian. In Chuck's book, the guy IS a possibly gay Mandalorian who wants to carry on the legacy of the Fetts and "muh Mando ways". Filoni is almost worse than Traviss when it comes to Mando jerking too. Whole show is just mando bait to try and appeal to that autistic part of the fanbase they alienated. That is of course if the rumors are true that this mando and Wendig's mando are one and the same. I wish they had just made George's original Underworld idea into a show, which was less focus on mando shit and more focus on crime, bounty hunting and smuggling.

Also, there's a lot of talk going on about whether or not this show will succeed since it will be a Disney+ exclusive, Disney+ being Disney's new Netflix wannabe which is said to be expensive and doomed to fail unless they play their cards right, possibly costing the company billions due to the investments they've made into some very expensive Marvel and SW shows.

So it got me thunkin, what's the most likely fate for Disney's netflix wannabe? Will it struggle to compete? Will Disney+ crash and burn? Or will it actually prove as big or bigger than netflix in the long run due to the claims of all the shows being on par with big budget MCU films in terms of production quality?

Last edited:

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He is a fandalorian. In Chuck's book, the guy IS a possibly gay Mandalorian who wants to carry on the legacy of the Fetts and "muh Mando ways". Filoni is almost worse than Traviss when it comes to Mando jerking too. Whole show is just mando bait to try and appeal to that autistic part of the fanbase they alienated.
Oh, that's as bad as I was afraid then. If it were some random dude on Tatooine who bought the helmet at a Jawa flea market and cons his way off the planet it could have been good.

GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
Oh, that's as bad as I was afraid then. If it were some random dude on Tatooine who bought the helmet at a Jawa flea market and cons his way off the planet it could have been good.
That would require too much writing and creativity on their part.

“Sluggish toy profits, legit first flop in franchise history? Nah that’s rubbish!”

Let's celebrate as they use Carrie Fisher's digitized corpse for profits! Yay! Also for a fan panel, its a lot less packed than the fan panels from the last con.

Dr W

Heaven is void of light
kiwifarms.net
“Sluggish toy profits, legit first flop in franchise history? Nah that’s rubbish!”

I'm curious about the 'real fans', whoever they are. I still consider myself a Star Wars fan. Just a fan of the older ones.

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That would require too much writing and creativity on their part.
A washed-up grifter pushing middle-age finds the helmet for sale. He buys it and makes his way to Mos Eisley where he finds a smuggler crew. He convinces them that he is the True & Honest Boba Fett and that he got stranded on Tatooine after Jabba was killed. He joins up with their crew in exchange for passage to Nar Shadda and they find out his real identity en route. Mandalore and the Mandalorians are never mentioned outside the title and Boba/Jango are an afterthought outside the origin of the helmet. I would watch that.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

This doesn't look like shit. It might be decent and I like the main actor. Too bad I won't be watching it any time soon to find out, since I won't pay a single fucking dime for Waltflix.

He is a fandalorian. In Chuck's book, the guy IS a possibly gay Mandalorian who wants to carry on the legacy of the Fetts and "muh Mando ways". Filoni is almost worse than Traviss when it comes to Mando jerking too. Whole show is just mando bait to try and appeal to that autistic part of the fanbase they alienated. That is of course if the rumors are true that this mando and Wendig's mando are one and the same. I wish they had just made George's original Underworld idea into a show, which was less focus on mando shit and more focus on crime, bounty hunting and smuggling.

Also, there's a lot of talk going on about whether or not this show will succeed since it will be a Disney+ exclusive, Disney+ being Disney's new Netflix wannabe which is said to be expensive and doomed to fail unless they play their cards right, possibly costing the company billions due to the investments they've made into some very expensive Marvel and SW shows.

So it got me thunkin, what's the most likely fate for Disney's netflix wannabe? Will it struggle to compete? Will Disney+ crash and burn? Or will it actually prove as big or bigger than netflix in the long run due to the claims of all the shows being on par with big budget MCU films in terms of production quality?
I can't imagine that many people will shell out the money for that service, unless Disne pulls all movies they hld the rights to from all competing platforms. It will blunder along, but it'll not be a total disaster, unfortunately.

The Shadow

SCIENCE FICTION PERFORM DISTINCTIVE
kiwifarms.net
Disney's marketing Han's ship as Rey Sue's.
Smithers pipes up
But it has a new radar dish!
Isn't it basically Jodo Kast the series?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino