Star Wars Griefing Thread (Formerly about Last Jedi) - It's nothing like Empire... like.... at all, we promise

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slayer Regiment
kiwifarms.net

GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
I liked it as well, but as I stated awhile ago, it’ll be the last good MCU movie as the franchise will rot in the same manner as Star Wars.
Doesn't help that the Russos are also talking about wanting to get woke according to online jabber, but I think the MCU will push out 2 or 4 more good or financially successful movies before that happens, especially the next Guardians of the Galaxy one, which I think will actually be the last really good one (or possibly the point where things start to really dip) for the MCU. The next Black Panther could also be as good as the first unless rumors are true about them wanting to have BP's sister take the spotlight from him. I have little hope for the Dr. Strange sequel, although I may be biased because I didn't like the first one at all either. But these all could still be successes, huge even. What may actually make or break things is if rumors of the FemThor movie coming are true, then again Captain Marvel was a success despite that all it had going for it were cringeworthy 90s references and cat memes.

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net
Doesn't help that the Russos are also talking about wanting to get woke according to online jabber, but I think the MCU will push out 2 or 4 more good or financially successful movies before that happens, especially the next Guardians of the Galaxy one, which I think will actually be the last really good one (or possibly the point where things start to really dip) for the MCU. The next Black Panther could also be as good as the first unless rumors are true about them wanting to have BP's sister take the spotlight from him. I have little hope for the Dr. Strange sequel, although I may be biased because I didn't like the first one at all either. But these all could still be successes, huge even. What may actually make or break things is if rumors of the FemThor movie coming are true, then again Captain Marvel was a success despite that all it had going for it were cringeworthy 90s references and cat memes.
I was going to say X-Men, but does anyone expect it to be different as the other ones though and do something new? Plus, it doesn’t help that Dark Phoenix could flop as hard as Solo for Disney-Fox.

The worse that could happens though is if Kevin Feige leaves and a Kathleen Kennedy takes over Marvel.

• Agree
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

CheezzyMach

Totally Narly Swan Duuude
kiwifarms.net
On the off chance that episode 9 does bomb * I have my doubts that it will personally * how hard do you think Disney will throw Kennedy and Lucasfilm under the bus? I'd expect Kennedy to get the Don Mattrick treatment at least.

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net
On the off chance that episode 9 does bomb * I have my doubts that it will personally * how hard do you think Disney will throw Kennedy and Lucasfilm under the bus? I'd expect Kennedy to get the Don Mattrick treatment at least.
If it bombs, there’s also a chance that Disney will go the route of the DCEU and course correct itself by getting rid of her like Warner did to Zack Synder.

GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
I was initially on the "there's no chance it'll bomb" train before Solo, but now I just don't know. Personally, I still see it easily making over 700mil, but from there its anyone's guess. As for Kennedy, I don't think she's going anywhere sadly unless she wants to. She's pretty damn influential, knowing all the right people and having all the right connections thanks to her start as Spielberg's "skillful secretary". At best, if things hit south really hard, I can see the whole of Lucasfilm paying the price while Kennedy gets a pass for her status. In short, Lucasfilm might get the axe like Lucasarts did, they'll put SW on a brief or long term hiatus only to bring it back under one of Disney's other studios, and Kennedy will simply get a cushy new gig elsewhere in the company either as Fiege's replacement or the head of one of Disney's new acquisitions.

And speaking of Kennedy and Spielberg, Bob Iger personally invited both of them and JJ to a private tour of the new Star Wars theme park to shill despite Spielberg having zero connection to any of this other than his ambiguous bond with JJ. Yet strangely, they didn't even bother to invite George, the actual father of the franchise who hasn't even seen this park or given any word on it, yet they expect me to believe George has any real input now when they talk about how he's influencing IX and the Mandalorian, despite how much they dismissed him and the overall mixed view of his talent among the general masses. When asked a few months back if George had ever visited the park, they simply said he's not involved in any way and that he's retired from SW, despite that he wanted to be involved with Disney and even briefly worked on Rebels before getting the shaft.

The fact that Spielberg got the invite instead makes that old South Park parody of him as the master of Lucas somewhat more relevant.

CheezzyMach

Totally Narly Swan Duuude
kiwifarms.net
I was initially on the "there's no chance it'll bomb" train before Solo, but now I just don't know. Personally, I still see it easily making over 700mil, but from there its anyone's guess. As for Kennedy, I don't think she's going anywhere sadly unless she wants to. She's pretty damn influential, knowing all the right people and having all the right connections thanks to her start as Spielberg's "skillful secretary". At best, if things hit south really hard, I can see the whole of Lucasfilm paying the price while Kennedy gets a pass for her status. In short, Lucasfilm might get the axe like Lucasarts did, they'll put SW on a brief or long term hiatus only to bring it back under one of Disney's other studios, and Kennedy will simply get a cushy new gig elsewhere in the company either as Fiege's replacement or the head of one of Disney's new acquisitions.

And speaking of Kennedy and Spielberg, Bob Iger personally invited both of them and JJ to a private tour of the new Star Wars theme park to shill despite Spielberg having zero connection to any of this other than his ambiguous bond with JJ. Yet strangely, they didn't even bother to invite George, the actual father of the franchise who hasn't even seen this park or given any word on it, yet they expect me to believe George has any real input now when they talk about how he's influencing IX and the Mandalorian, despite how much they dismissed him and the overall mixed view of his talent among the general masses. When asked a few months back if George had ever visited the park, they simply said he's not involved in any way and that he's retired from SW, despite that he wanted to be involved with Disney and even briefly worked on Rebels before getting the shaft.

View attachment 757479
The fact that Spielberg got the invite instead makes that old South Park parody of him as the master of Lucas somewhat more relevant.
That's why I brought up Don Mattrick. After he single handily bricked the Xbone's chances to be competitive with the PS4 via his dumb "if you don't have decent internet buy a 360" comment he suspiciously left Microsoft two months later while the Xbox division was restructured and "gamer" Phil Spencer was put in charge.

I could see the same happening to Kennedy even if it's just her being moved to another Disney subsidiary like Fox.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's why I brought up Don Mattrick. After he single handily bricked the Xbone's chances to be competitive with the PS4 via his dumb "if you don't have decent internet buy a 360" comment he suspiciously left Microsoft two months later while the Xbox division was restructured and "gamer" Phil Spencer was put in charge.

I could see the same happening to Kennedy even if it's just her being moved to another Disney subsidiary like Fox.
I expect IX to perform remarkably well compared to regular movies but really lackluster to the other SW movies. There's just too many people who will watch it to get closure on this trilogy and it is a brand with strong recognition.
That being said, in case it notably underperforms, Kennedy will be """promoted""" to another post, where she can do no harm. Or Disney will establish another layer of management below her that's going to run the show while she stays on as a figurehead.

Disney will never boot her publically, they will either relocate her to a different division, disjoin her from actual power or come up with the aforementioned "Kennedy chose to retire early" shtick. Whatever they do, they will sell it as an upgrade of her career.

Last edited:

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net
I expect IX to perform remarkably well compared to regular movies but really lackluster to the other SW movies. There's just too many people who will watch it to get closure on this trilogy and it is a brand with strong recognition.
That being said, in case it notably underperforms, Kennedy will be """promoted""" to another post, where she can do no harm. Or Disney will establish another layer of management below her that's going to run the show while she stays on as a figurehead.

Disney will never boot her publically, they will either relocate her to a different division, disjoin her from actual power or come up with the aforementioned "Kennedy chose to retire early" shtick. Whatever they do, they will sell it as an upgrade of her career.
I see Kennedy running Warner Bros if she leaves Disney.

Dr W

Heaven is void of light
kiwifarms.net
What questions remain to be answered, other than "how will Jar Jar Abrams fuck up the finale?", and how many rebuked fans will leave it to rot, like Solo? The only thing that Star Wars has a strong recognition for now is failure and nostalgia that once was.

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net
And speaking of Kennedy and Spielberg, Bob Iger personally invited both of them and JJ to a private tour of the new Star Wars theme park to shill despite Spielberg having zero connection to any of this other than his ambiguous bond with JJ.
Not entirely true.

Lucas originally wanted Spielberg to direct RotJ and might have gotten him too if Lucas hadn't had a big fight with the DGA previously and so was banned from using Spielberg.

That's my next what-if after Toshiro. What if 80s Spielberg had gotten to direct RotJ...

Raging Capybara

kiwifarms.net
I can't see even the slightest chance of it bombing
Solo bombed, man. And please, don't come with the "spin-off" excuse. It was a 300 million dollar giant blockbuster, they wanted to make bank with this.

And, let's be honest, all those people who made hours long videos about how they hated TLJ will still go and see it anyway,
But just once, Star Wars has always made tons of money from repeated views. I'm definately NOT going to watch it, though. And not even a torrent, I refuse to see this movie in any way or form. Not even piracy is worth this garbage.

Dr W

Heaven is void of light
kiwifarms.net
But just once, Star Wars has always made tons of money from repeated views. I'm definately NOT going to watch it, though. And not even a torrent, I refuse to see this movie in any way or form. Not even piracy is worth this garbage.
I might poke around for a torrent. Maybe. I think though, I'll just wait for MauLer, E;R, CVS, and the other fun crew to tear that movie apart for me.

I'm also telling everyone I know to either torrent or wait.

GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
Not entirely true.

Lucas originally wanted Spielberg to direct RotJ and might have gotten him too if Lucas hadn't had a big fight with the DGA previously and so was banned from using Spielberg.

That's my next what-if after Toshiro. What if 80s Spielberg had gotten to direct RotJ...
When I'm referring to his connection, I'm referring to his connection to New Wars, which, as far as I know, he has no involvement other than recommending JJ to Lucas to direct episode 7 years ago.

Reactions: Flexo
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino