Star Wars Griefing Thread (Formerly about Last Jedi) - It's nothing like Empire... like.... at all, we promise

JohnDoe

Its too hot to deal with your nonsense, faggot.
kiwifarms.net
Screw Jar Jar Abrams, let's get Michael Bay to direct IX!
I know you're joking but I mean....he couldn't do worse. Stick with me here:
Bay is actually competent and experienced as a director, evidenced by a career of 14 big grossing movies.
Bay actually has his own distinct style and creative bent as a director. (Big, loud, and action-packed!)
Bay has respect for his audience, or at least their money.

If Bay was in charge of the sequel films they might be as shallow as they are now, but at least they'd be visually stimulating and actually try to please the fanbase. Bay might not give us a beautiful filet mignon of a movie, but he can serve up a nice big juicy hamburger and fries that can be enjoyed better than an overly pretentious and disrespectful SJW 'subversion'.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
I know you're joking but I mean....he couldn't do worse. Stick with me here:
Bay is actually competent and experienced as a director, evidenced by a career of 14 big grossing movies.
Bay actually has his own distinct style and creative bent as a director. (Big, loud, and action-packed!)
Bay has respect for his audience, or at least their money.

If Bay was in charge of the sequel films they might be as shallow as they are now, but at least they'd be visually stimulating and actually try to please the fanbase. Bay might not give us a beautiful filet mignon of a movie, but he can serve up a nice big juicy hamburger and fries that can be enjoyed better than an overly pretentious and disrespectful SJW 'subversion'.
You aren't wrong. Considering Jar Jar Abrams stupidWrath of Khan remake for Star Trek and stupid A New Hope remake for Star Wars ("remake" as in throwing in some new elements to the original movie while making a mockery of key scenes like Spock's death and the trench run by endless winking at the audience), Michael Bay actually would've been a good choice for director. Cheesy as they are, applying the Transformers formula to Star Wars would have been better than what we got. Let's remember the scene everyone loves in TLJ is the hyperspace ram, and let's consider how Michael Bay might've done a scene like that.

I was never a Transformers fan, and I only ever saw the first Michael Bay Transformers movie, but it seems like proof that if you want simplistic and crowd-pleasing movies you might as well as grab Michael Bay to make a bunch of explosions.

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net
Disney wishes they could make something this awesome.
Not going to lie, that style of fighting would have made Endgame 10x more memorable than the one we got (thought it's not the say the one we got sucked; in fact it was great).

Also, like WorldClassBullshitters, I myself think Game of Thrones is a pile of garbage. I mean, come on, it's neoliberal propaganda. However, the video shows that he's sympathetic to the fans that hate the season right now since he went through something similar with TLJ.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slayer Regiment
kiwifarms.net
I find it kind of odd how when people and fans started criticizing and dissing Disney's SW films, books, etc, the MSM, twitter, youtubers, white knights, vloggers and whatnot were ready to call all the critics and disappointed fans all sorts of meaningless insults, like nazis, bigots, gamergaters, altrights, russianbots, trolls, cishet male scum, racists, sexists, MRAs, etc while doing their best to defend Disney Wars. Yet now that GoT is fucking up and fans are raging about it, the MSM, white knights, etc all agree that it's gone to shit and I'm hardly seeing any articles call the angry GoT fans trolls and whatnot or barely even trying to defend GoT or D&D. What gives?

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I find it kind of odd how when people and fans started criticizing and dissing Disney's SW films, books, etc, the MSM, twitter, youtubers, white knights, vloggers and whatnot were ready to call all the critics and disappointed fans all sorts of meaningless insults, like nazis, bigots, gamergaters, altrights, russianbots, trolls, cishet male scum, racists, sexists, MRAs, etc while doing their best to defend Disney Wars. Yet now that GoT is fucking up and fans are raging about it, the MSM, white knights, etc all agree that it's gone to shit and I'm hardly seeing any articles call the angry GoT fans trolls and whatnot or barely even trying to defend GoT or D&D. What gives?
They made their white saviour girl power badass into a power hungry, vengeful bitch.

At least from what I can tell. Never watched it or read the books. Every summary I was told about it had me backing away, and that was from the fans.

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net
Hmm...
Main girl of Star Wars remained good and perfect throughout...
Main girl of GoT turns evil and kills a bunch of folk...

Maybe?

(could also just be investment, GoT has been going on for 8 years now)

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net
I feel like they have to defend Disney since Bob Iger is probably a gigantic asshole behind the scenes.

• Informative
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
They made their white saviour girl power badass into a power hungry, vengeful bitch.

At least from what I can tell. Never watched it or read the books. Every summary I was told about it had me backing away, and that was from the fans.
Hmm...
Main girl of Star Wars remained good and perfect throughout...
Main girl of GoT turns evil and kills a bunch of folk...

Maybe?

(could also just be investment, GoT has been going on for 8 years now)
So if I understand this correctly, they only care because the female MC turned evil? So if Rey turns evil in the next movie or does something incredibly selfish, the MSM and white knights will suddenly stop giving a fuck and have a raging hateboner for Disney-Lucasfilm despite having done way worse with the franchise, the setting and Luke himself?

Gee its almost like the only thing they care about is if something has a vagina or not. How sexist of them./s But seriously, its a shame Rey going evil (might) not happen since Rey is a completely uneventful character, but I hope that Reylo not happening or that the film's lack of a non-cishet rep is enough for the defense force to lose their shit like they have for GoT.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
So if I understand this correctly, they only care because the female MC turned evil? So if Rey turns evil in the next movie or does something incredibly selfish, the MSM and white knights will suddenly stop giving a fuck and have a raging hateboner for Disney-Lucasfilm despite having done way worse with the franchise, the setting and Luke himself?
Well, that and Disney is a vast conglomerate that owns what, half the film business now? Winding up on the Mouse's shitlist is virtually identical to winding up on the industry's shit list, so if they want to keep that sweet, sweet access, they need to defend Disney no matter the cost.

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
Got to love the absolutely poor timing on the announcement that D&D are doing future Star Wars films. Right when people are witnessing the ongoing dumpster fire that is the last few episodes of GoT.
What did they do with GoT to piss people that much (I never was that interested in it so that's why i don't follow stuff about it)
Oh and reminder i don't feel bad for Lucas because i must remind you he refused to bring any other company in for the selling event, Lucas wanted to sell to Disney. He made his bed and lies in it knowing he sold everything out the Rat and that everything since is partially his damn damn fault.Everything bad about the movies since 1999 is his fault directly or not and he doesn't deserve pity for what he did

GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
What did they do with GoT to piss people that much (I never was that interested in it so that's why i don't follow stuff about it)
In short, the final battle with the big bad "final boss" villain was a huge let down apparently and they turned the main female character the fanbase and MSM loved into a bad guy.

• Feels
  • Agree
Reactions: Dr W and Flexo

Dr W

Heaven is void of light
kiwifarms.net
Everything bad about the movies since 1999 is his fault directly or not and he doesn't deserve pity for what he did
While that is true, he does deserve pity for what happened to him. Lucas actually cared about Star Wars when he made the Prequels, he thought they were good enough. There were good ideas and good effort, just poor execution.

With Disney Wars, there isn't even a hint of passion or devotion to the franchise. Just a cold attempt to squeeze as much money out as possible.

Iceland Heavy

kiwifarms.net
I thought GOT was supposed to be one of those morally grey shows without actual "good" guys.
I only know about GoT through memes, secondhand info from my friends watching it and general pop culture osmosis, so someone who actually watches it could tell me if I'm wrong. But it sounds like certain Dany fans were happy to whitewash her actions because she was the closest thing to a woke slay queen the show had, so when she went full Curtis LeMay combined with shitty execution it came as something out of left field. That's my understanding of it anyway.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino