Star Wars Griefing Thread (Formerly about Last Jedi) - It's nothing like Empire... like.... at all, we promise

Cheap Sandals

REEEEEEEE
kiwifarms.net
I feel bad for the employees who tried their best, but the Star Wars fish is rotting from the head. Disney got woke, now they go broke.

For real, though, how fucking hard is it to write a Hero's Journey story? It's only the most famous story structure in world literature. It's not like the secret of the OT's success is a mystery. It's a well understood and beloved formula. And formulas are formulas because they work! How did a major corporation fuck up something so simple? How????

Larry Anon

Poly-gendered Interdimensional TurboSlut
kiwifarms.net
whatever happened to making a good movie?
I've sort of developed a theory about what I think is really happening with Star Wars, Star Trek, Terminator, Post Endgame Marvel movies, etc etc.

All throughout history, when an invading army conquered a foreign country, one of the first things they would do is to burn down their libraries, destroy their temples, deface their statues, and wreck all of their cultural icons. This was done to demoralize the conquered people and cut off any connection they once had to their past. This was done to make the population docile and easier to control.

This isn't about making good movies, and it never was. This is about destroying our culture and demoralizing us. The SJWs/Globalists/LGBTs are an invading army. They intend to be our new masters, and they want to implement their culture in our society. But they have to destroy our culture first in order to be successful.

Look at Galaxy's Edge. That was easy fucking money. At some point, you have to realize that for them to have fucked it up this badly, they kinda had to do it on purpose. It's literally the only thing that makes sense.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slayer Regiment
kiwifarms.net
Oi!
If you like good news, everyone, then do I have news for you which may in fact actually be bittersweet...

I have found a list containing a huge chunk of IX spoilers, majority of which matches up with everything else that's been said or been confirmed so far (sadly they don't contain the shit I've said in this thread and they're also missing some 4chan posts). Some of which date back to February or before and have been proven true so far while others remain yet to be seen but seem to have evidence supporting it.
The list even has a disproved spoilers section (which only contains one thing so far) which reveals that the claim of Rey being Han's illegitimate daughter is untrue as Pablo Hidalgo said that they didn't break up until 5 years before TFA which was when Emo Ren fell to the darkside and everyone became a more miserable loser than they already were.

There's a lot of spoilers on there, but here's something I thought I'd share which is a list of the known planets (many of which are still not named) that are confirmed or unnamed for the film:
-Creepy castle/domain planet (reforging Kylo Ren’s mask).
I mentioned this one before as being in the unused concepts from TFA and was the fortress of the Jedi Killers. Looks like they brought it back as Ren's personal getaway.

-Jungle Planet
This is most likely Batuu as the info retrieved from toys at Galaxy's Edge, which I posted about before, suggests that this will be where the movie starts off and where the nu-gang says goodbye to Leia.

-Swamp Planet (Kylo Ren finding the Oracle)
The Oracle is this weird spider lady walking on a giant head which serves as a new not-Yoda. Kylo Ren meets her to learn about The Beyond. There's a 4chan leak that goes into more detail on this if you all want to know more.

-Kijimi (Snow planet, market, Thieves’ quarter and droid factory)
Confirmed and its where they meet Zorry Bliss. I spoke about this in detail before many pages back.

-Pasaana
Muslim planet and the new not-Tatooine I spoke about before. Its here where Finn reunites with his sister and Poe apparently falls for her.

-Return to the Jungle Planet.
They apparently return to Batuu?

-Death Star ruins Planet (Plains and water)
Possibly Endor. I posted some pics of concept art before which suggests underwater scenes of the Falcon exploring the ruins to search for the mystery box mcguffin.

-Jordan Planet #2 (Supposedly Tatooine)
Tatooine is said to be in the movie's ending scene, as many rumors have said the film ends with Rey going to the Lars homestead and the movie ending with her looking out to the two suns. This is one of the oldest spoilers I gave in this thread. If anyone here remembers, I posted pictures of two jars given to Lucasfilm employees, with one containing black beans and the other containing sand, both representing two key locations in the film representing dark and light+end and beginning. Which makes one suspect these chucklefucks were referring to Tatooine. This is further made suspect by the pictures that were released of JJ and his fucks after they finished shooting IX, which was in a desert location.

Forgive my messy formatting here, but I'm writing in a bit of a rush.

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net
I've sort of developed a theory about what I think is really happening with Star Wars, Star Trek, Terminator, Post Endgame Marvel movies, etc etc.

All throughout history, when an invading army conquered a foreign country, one of the first things they would do is to burn down their libraries, destroy their temples, deface their statues, and wreck all of their cultural icons. This was done to demoralize the conquered people and cut off any connection they once had to their past. This was done to make the population docile and easier to control.

This isn't about making good movies, and it never was. This is about destroying our culture and demoralizing us. The SJWs/Globalists/LGBTs are an invading army. They intend to be our new masters, and they want to implement their culture in our society. But they have to destroy our culture first in order to be successful.

Look at Galaxy's Edge. That was easy fucking money. At some point, you have to realize that for them to have fucked it up this badly, they kinda had to do it on purpose. It's literally the only thing that makes sense.
Nice conspiracy theory but I have a far simpler answer one that's been the downfall of many would be titans:

Arrogance: All these corporations think they can sell shit based on brand recognition alone and are slowly finding out the hard way that treating your customers like shit is bad for business.

Larry Anon

Poly-gendered Interdimensional TurboSlut
kiwifarms.net
Nice conspiracy theory but I have a far simpler answer one that's been the downfall of many would be titans:

Arrogance: All these corporations think they can sell shit based on brand recognition alone and are slowly finding out the hard way that treating your customers like shit is bad for business.
Well, I mean they're literally destroying/removing civil war statues. I think they want to get rid of Jefferson's statue next.
They already tried to copypaste their ideology over our culturally relevant art, and we didn't accept that shit. So now they'll just wreck it completely. I think that's a reasonably fair assessment.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyway, the director said that the film is going to piss of the “sexist man baby trolls” and using the TLJ mocking tactics.
Oh goodie. FemTerminator will kick some douchebag in the balls over being called "pretty" or told to "smile more" or whatever.

whatever happened to making a good movie?
That's a financial risk. Hollywood decided you can just make whatever movie and try to shame people into liking it or else be called a bigot.
Movies like TLJ seem to prove them right, since these movies generated controversy but also a shitton of money. Seemingly, it's lost on these people that the movie only generated money out of momentum for the brand, not due to shame tactics.

More realistically, it's arrogance. The moviemakers of today think they can just make whatever they want whatever way they want and the audience will have to like it. Moviemakers are high on their own farts and think they are much smarter and better than all these regular folks.

The arrogance also extends to them thinking they can just force their idiotic ideology down the audience's throat while they are at it.

The Shadow

The Shadow knows!
kiwifarms.net

Hanlon's razor says "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
You want some pics of someone dismantling their new saber? Pics of some broken sabers? Or pics of its pieces before being put together?
A teardown similar to this style of video would be epic, although i don't think Disney are being that cheap for the lightsabers (yet)

Oh goodie. FemTerminator will kick some douchebag in the balls over being called "pretty" or told to "smile more" or whatever.
Given the rumor of the feminator plotline it's also going to shit all over the originals too
John Conner gets ganked in the opening scene/minutes and half black teenage girl is the new saviour of mankind

Last edited:

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Hanlon's razor says "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

It also says: "...but never rule out malice."

The new "woke" versions of everything do too much shitting over the established versions - and shitting on white male characters in particular - for this to not be purposeful. Why relegate the original Ghostbuasters to embarassing cameos in the female-centric reboot movie? Why invert Luke's values and turn him into a grumpy hermit who needs a strong, independent woman to teach him how to care about others? Why insert a Mary Sue character into the Marvel Universe whose defining trait is her contempt for men (most of whom are strawmen made to be some sort of obstacle for her to overcome?) Why make a Terminator movie where the established male hero is killed and replaced by a black woman guarded by a troon robot? Why make a reboot of the Rocketeer and the first thing you decide on, is that the title character MUST be a black female? Does this sound like the sort of decision influenced by economics, or by the desire to stick it to the White Man and give all his toys to all of the poor, sweet women and POCs that he's oppressed for the past few centuries?

This is just Affirmative Action, Movie Style. Re-rigging the game because Leftists figure White Men got everything by cheating and good ol' boy networks. The problem is, because White Women and POCS are too busy rehashing the Woke versions of formerly White Male characters, they're missing out on playing decent original characters that were originally designed to be women and POCs. Tell me, after reading about the lives of these real life, historical gunslinging women, that you wouldn't want to see a movie starring a character that was based on them. Or one based on the life of The Black Swallow of Death, Eugene Bullard?

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
It also says: "...but never rule out malice."

The new "woke" versions of everything do too much shitting over the established versions - and shitting on white male characters in particular - for this to not be purposeful. Why relegate the original Ghostbuasters to embarassing cameos in the female-centric reboot movie? Why invert Luke's values and turn him into a grumpy hermit who needs a strong, independent woman to teach him how to care about others? Why insert a Mary Sue character into the Marvel Universe whose defining trait is her contempt for men (most of whom are strawmen made to be some sort of obstacle for her to overcome?) Why make a Terminator movie where the established male hero is killed and replaced by a black woman guarded by a troon robot? Why make a reboot of the Rocketeer and the first thing you decide on, is that the title character MUST be a black female? Does this sound like the sort of decision influenced by economics, or by the desire to stick it to the White Man and give all his toys to all of the poor, sweet women and POCs that he's oppressed for the past few centuries?

This is just Affirmative Action, Movie Style. Re-rigging the game because Leftists figure White Men got everything by cheating and good ol' boy networks. The problem is, because White Women and POCS are too busy rehashing the Woke versions of formerly White Male characters, they're missing out on playing decent original characters that were originally designed to be women and POCs. Tell me, after reading about the lives of these real life, historical gunslinging women, that you wouldn't want to see a movie starring a character that was based on them. Or one based on the life of The Black Swallow of Death, Eugene Bullard?
I can't understand this desire to want to destroy and take from, rather than add to.

What would be so bad about creating new, compelling characters who happen to be women or POC, why does it also have to go hand in hand with shitting on white male characters?

It's the story of SJWs in general though beyond just movies, it's not enough to try prop people up, oh no, it's got to come at the cost of tearing others down and that is just wrong.

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
They're essentially just nu-troopers painted red
I wonder if that it's another attempt from JJ to make money out of his OC, like the C3P0 with a red arm in TFA.

the torn 501st fanbase
I will always feel bad about the 501st. These people really loved Star Wars but they keep being treated like shit. Now they're used as cheap extras on The Mandalorian.

This isn't about making good movies, and it never was. This is about destroying our culture and demoralizing us.
They keep calling it "deconstruction" but it's destruction and replacement.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Mainstream pop culture has been in the shitter for well over a decade, maybe even over 2 decades, it's always been a handful of quality things in a sea of garbage like the Transformers movies, reality TV, books like Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey for years and years.

The woke era is just the latest incarnation of suck, it's the same idiocy but it's convinced itself that it's actually deep and smart, self serious garbage is still garbage.

That takes a little bit of the sting out of it, it still sucks but sucking has been the status quo for a long time, so things aren't as different as they may seem.

Let's compare the Star Wars Prequels to the Sequels for example, a lot of people are going easier on the Prequels nowadays, which is understandable, but that still doesn't change the fact that they aren't very good movies either.

Or that upcoming Terminator, yeah it's going to be shit, but every Terminator movie after 2 has been shit anyway so...

But there is a special kind of suck to the Woke era, stupid is one thing but today's culture is so vicious and mean spirited, it's not just a bad movie, it's bad movies that feel like an attack on you personally, the viewer, even the dumbest shit from yesteryear just wanted you to have a good time no matter who you were, it didn't hate you personally.

To put it another way American culture has been dumb for decades, but in most recent years it's crossed the line into being literally evil and that's something altogether.

I just..... I fucking hate the idea of living the rest of my life in a culture that feels completely alien to me and openly hates me, something's got to change.

I guess I wound up not taking any of the sting out of it after all.

Comicsgeist

kiwifarms.net
I can't understand this desire to want to destroy and take from, rather than add to.

What would be so bad about creating new, compelling characters who happen to be women or POC, why does it also have to go hand in hand with shitting on white male characters?

It's the story of SJWs in general though beyond just movies, it's not enough to try prop people up, oh no, it's got to come at the cost of tearing others down and that is just wrong.

They view boy's IPs like Bond, Dr. Who and Starwars as 'owing' black and female characters to those audiences as 'cultural reparations' for a failure to represent those groups previously.
SJWs are petty, petty people. They campaign for 'black Bond' like a broken record every time casting is discussed, but you get the feeling that they're not as interested in representation quite as much as they're interested in an easy culture war win. That sort are never happy with representation unless it's achieved by taking something they don't even like or care about, away from people they resent, as a scalp or trophy.
Then there's the fact that a bunch of squirrel brains have taken over Starwars, from Kennedy to the female dominated story group, formerly lead by Kiri Heart, you now have a boys property managed by women, who are far more likely to self-insert into storylines and have a harder time identifying with male characters.
All this adds up to a bunch if ideological idiots in charge of Starwars who have active distain for the IP. How likely is somebody that hates an IP to actually produce a good story? Not very is the obvious answer.

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
I think the real problem isn't that they're trying to tear down whites or men or whatever (not usually) but rather that these people are absolute shit in terms of writing and creativity skills while also being very ideological (i.e. the "we need more women/PoCs/fags/troons/dogfuckers/whatever" crowd). To make people watch/play/read their shit products, they have to cannibalize stories and characters that people actually like. They have access to these stories and settings because we've been pushing "diversity" as an inherent good so you have all sorts of unqualified women and PoCs in there because they need representation. Higher ups and others don't care about this because to a certain audience, diversity really does sell, and besides, it's the product name that sells (see the long-standing trend of remakes and sequels dominating everything). It's basically like the story of the Atari engineer who supposedly said "I could put horse shit in a cartridge and sell a million". We all know how that turned out, and at this rate Hollywood and many other industries will find it out too as Disney is slowly waking up to.

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net
They view boy's IPs like Bond, Dr. Who and Starwars as 'owing' black and female characters to those audiences as 'cultural reparations' for a failure to represent those groups previously.
SJWs are petty, petty people. They campaign for 'black Bond' like a broken record every time casting is discussed, but you get the feeling that they're not as interested in representation quite as much as they're interested in an easy culture war win. That sort are never happy with representation unless it's achieved by taking something they don't even like or care about, away from people they resent, as a scalp or trophy.
Then there's the fact that a bunch of squirrel brains have taken over Starwars, from Kennedy to the female dominated story group, formerly lead by Kiri Heart, you now have a boys property managed by women, who are far more likely to self-insert into storylines and have a harder time identifying with male characters.
All this adds up to a bunch if ideological idiots in charge of Starwars who have active distain for the IP. How likely is somebody that hates an IP to actually produce a good story? Not very is the obvious answer.
Call me autistic, but this stem from the real problem, the corporations are the real ones responsible for Hollywood being too brand-focused. They got hit hard by the 2008 recession and need to have the studios shift away from making riskier original films and instead make more safer branded franchise installments people know.

Comicsgeist

kiwifarms.net
Call me autistic, but this stem from the real problem, the corporations are the real ones responsible for Hollywood being too brand-focused. They got hit hard by the 2008 recession and need to have the studios shift away from making riskier original films and instead make more safer branded franchise installments people know.
There is a lot to that in all fairness. The movie star is dead, long live the brand! (Which movie goers will consume with bovine passivity on the basis of name recognition alone.)

These branded products, I'm loath to call them movies, then become the focus of marketing departments as all brands tend to. When your product costs an average of 150 million dollars to produce then the marketers are going to insist on pandering to ensure that as broad a number of demographics as possible are appealed to so that they can reduce the risk of recouping that cost.

If you watch Grace Randolph's channel on YouTube, she is obsessed with demographics and you can bet that the marketing dept. at Disney are too. To them it's money left on the table if your tracking numbers for women and POC are low. That's when the marketing dept. starts to interfere with the creative process by insisting on racial and gender quotas in the product. The result tend to be bland homogenous movies.

Last edited:

ZehnBoat

here comes dodo
kiwifarms.net
I think the real problem isn't that they're trying to tear down whites or men or whatever (not usually)
oh that is the real problem
they don't really give a shit about women and minorities
all that matters is they get to say AHA TAKE THAT WHITE MAN and feel like they're the big revolutionary
if they were interested in propping up whatever minority they fetishized they would push for more original stuff with minorities.
but they don't
they kick and scream I WANT THIS BUT I WANT IT WITH NO WHITE MALES!

they literally have nothing to do in their lives so they decided they'll just make up their own giants to fight
also funny to note, they say they care about the oppressed, but the idea of a white male homosexual doesn't seem to exist for them.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is a lot to that in all fairness. The movie star is dead, long live the brand! (Which movie goers will consume with bovine passivity on the basis of name recognition alone.)

These branded products, I'm loath to call them movies, then become the focus of marketing departments as all brands tend to. When your product costs an average of 150 million dollars to produce then the marketers are going to insist on pandering to ensure that as broad a number of demographics as possible are appealed to so that they can reduce the risk of recouping that cost.

If you watch Grace Randolph's channel on YouTube, she is obsessed with demographics and you can bet that the marketing dept. at Disney are too. To them it's money left on the table if your tracking numbers for women and POC are low. That's when the marketing dept. starts to interfere with the creative process by insisting on racial and gender quotas in the product. The result tend to be bland homogenous movies.
oh that is the real problem
they don't really give a shit about women and minorities
all that matters is they get to say AHA TAKE THAT WHITE MAN and feel like they're the big revolutionary
if they were interested in propping up whatever minority they fetishized they would push for more original stuff with minorities.
but they don't
they kick and scream I WANT THIS BUT I WANT IT WITH NO WHITE MALES!

they literally have nothing to do in their lives so they decided they'll just make up their own giants to fight
also funny to note, they say they care about the oppressed, but the idea of a white male homosexual doesn't seem to exist for them.
Its what I have always textwalled about. Marketing and PR departments are infested with professionally obnoxious speds obsessed with looking #hashtagWOKE and base their work around three major assumptions

a) that aggressively and explicitly cutting out/replacing/demonizing anything FFFFFFFFFUCKING WHITE MAAAAAAALE will automatically make all people of coloureds and LGBTQHAAKSDHJAKSJDA types go into a spending frenzy for the product out of sheer revolutionary gratitude, while FFFFFFFUCKING WHITE MAAAAALES will be too scared of being called bigots to stop spending their money on the product

b) that all people of coloureds and LGBTQHAAKSDHJAKSJDA types need to become lifelong mass money spending customers is extremely blatant and hamfisted pandering rife with whatever buzzwords are currently in vogue on the marketing teams social media pages

c) that any criticism, backlash, or simple disinterest in the product can be immediately and effectively countered by claiming it to be vile and dangerous bigotry and harassment from FFFFUCKING WHITE MAAAAAAnbabies who are scared and outraged at the brave decision to have wammen and homogays and non white niggos feature in media for the first time in history

Obviously this is fairly flawed reasoning since it literally does nothing but piss off and alienate the traditional fanbase while doing everything possible to put off people from these shiny new demographics either through insulting condescension, destroying any sense of a welcoming fanbase, or in rare cases where they actually believe the shit they are told, scaring them off through tall horror tales about the evil bigot nurdbabies who will cyberrape them for showing interest.

Basically its the kind of logic that could only ever come from extremely sheltered and shallow bubbles of privilege and social media obsession with zero contact either with the evil white prole masses they rant about, or the special snowflake non white/straight/male/whatever peoples they think can be turned into eternally loyal and grateful paypigs through smug headpats

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net

This all started I argue back when Heaven’s Gate bombed hard and studios and their corporate overloads used that as a excuse to justify focusing on franchises more. Hence why I think Michael Cimino is a icon for corporations.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino