Star Wars Griefing Thread (Formerly about Last Jedi) - It's nothing like Empire... like.... at all, we promise

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slayer Regiment
kiwifarms.net
The more I read the more I want to know...
Instead of professional performers, by 2018 Chapek’s team had pivoted to an idea that the much lower paid Operations Castmembers who would staff the shops and rides and restaurants could be used to elevate the experience at a cheaper pay scale and would interact with the visitors with themed phrasing and gimmicky greetings. All of the interactive land performers, the roaming droids and drones who would be controlled remotely by higher-paid professional puppeteers, plus the rooftop stunt shows and unique alien characters that would not have come cheap were all cut by early 2018.
This explains so much. All the named shop owners and aliens with bios and descriptions who don't exist (which I've mentioned before) and all the little details and the obviously vacant areas feeling like they're missing essential occupants, it all makes sense. Not to mention all the treads and footprint markings from droids and animals in the park despite their absence. I mean for those who didn't read my GE info dumps (which start at page 500), each store in the park has an owner with unusual attention to detail despite not existing. This explains so much of that, all cut for the sake of cheapness and thinking Instagram whores and the SW label would be enough to bring in park goers and make cash. The absolute arrogance.

Last edited:

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I just really can't get over how incredible this all is.

I remember in the 2000s Disney went through a rough patch, a lot of people seemed to just kinda be over them or at least discontent with their current state, I remember the "save Disney" campaign around 2004/2005 that ousted Michael Eisner.

Then a funny thing happened as the decade ended and the 2010s began, Disney became cool again, people liked them and were interested again.

So it took less than a decade for Disney to revive it's public image only to then fall flat on it's face again, it's just mind blowing.

How I long to return to 1998, when I got the Star Wars trilogy on VHS for Christmas of 1997 (granted it was the SE but that's all I knew as a kid) and I could watch the movies as much as I wanted, back before the Prequels, before the Sequels, before all this bullshit.

I still have that VHS boxset too.

Last edited:

ManateeHunter

Resident Mecha Girl Tentacle Hentai Activist
kiwifarms.net
I just really hate how they handled Phasma. Here I was, thinking she was gonna be this cool dominatrix badass villain, then they killed her off in the most stupid way possible in TFA, resurrected her, then made her die like a chump again in TLJ. For all the talk on "strong independent wahmen characters" they sure love to fuck her up.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
I just really hate how they handled Phasma. Here I was, thinking she was gonna be this cool dominatrix badass villain, then they killed her off in the most stupid way possible in TFA, resurrected her, then made her die like a chump again in TLJ. For all the talk on "strong independent wahmen characters" they sure love to fuck her up.
I can understand their thought process. They rather sacrifice the opportunity to set up a credible, competent antagonist who can actually pose a serious challenge to the protagonists, in favor of making sure it's very obvious who is the real Mary Sue that the audience should be cheering on.

Relic 31

kiwifarms.net
The more I read the more I want to know more...

This explains so much. All the named shop owners and aliens with bios and descriptions who don't exist (which I've mentioned before) and all the little details and the obviously vacant areas feeling like they're missing essential occupants, it all makes sense. Not to mention all the treads and footprint markings from droids and animals in the park despite their absence. I mean for those who didn't read my GE info dumps (which start at page 500), each store in the park has an owner with unusual attention to detail despite not existing. This explains so much of that, all cut for the sake of cheapness and thinking Instagram whores and the SW label would be enough to bring park goers and make cash. The absolute arrogance.
It was already an uphill battle basing the park on the sequel trilogy characters and ideas, but then they cut so many things in the interest of greed and laziness that the park was always doomed to it’s current failure.

Anything even remotely interesting or creative was burned away, and all that remains is the echoes of someone’s ideas.

The funniest thing is that these idiots thought they were guaranteed success, that people would pay their ridiculous per day ticket prices, buy their overpriced food and drinks, and be satisfied with half-baked stores and poorly conceived rides.

Actually, I take that back. The funniest thing is seeing it all blow up in their faces.

GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
Funny thing is she wasn't even supposed to be in TFA. The film was almost 90% done when Kathleen Kennedy showed up one day to the art room and saw a sketch of a silver nu-trooper, she then went gaga over it and ordered them to put it in the movie but make it female despite not having enough time to even make that possible, hence her limited appearance. And she was conveniently revealed during the peak of the feminist gaming drama over the non-issue that was skimpy female armors in games, which just added more wood to the fire that was pop culture drama and conveniently creating a lot of free press for Phasma which involved endless clickbait articles about how she's the "wake up call" fandoms need to "grow up". Also that trash compactor gag irritates me to no end, not just because its another memberberry moment but the fact that wasting time going around a highly secure base to look for a trash compactor just to toss a random trooper into it is stupid in and of itself when Han would normally just shoot the fucker without a second thought. She was honestly more wasted and underwhelming than both Fetts.

In other news Hux not-Tarkin has no fans.
1565766185096.png

Last edited:

GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
Not surprising, going from a ruthless bastard to an utter buffoon without warning would kill any character's credibility.

Any word if he's in IX, or is he just getting discarded entirely?
I mentioned before that he is (like around page 520 or 540 maybe) but he's been demoted and will now be playing second fiddle to "Allegiant General" Whyte Pryde.
1565767196216.jpeg

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
I can understand their thought process. They rather sacrifice the opportunity to set up a credible, competent antagonist who can actually pose a serious challenge to the protagonists, in favor of making sure it's very obvious who is the real Mary Sue that the audience should be cheering on.
Finn, since he takes out Phasma both times? Wonder if that's acceptable given the progressive stack, does a cishet (assuming FinnxPoe isn't canon) black guy have an advantage over a white woman (maybe lesbian/bisexual since I think someone posted Phasma is canon homo).
I don't know if its been mentioned in the 600 pages, but the thing that got my blood churning was the "period planet of thot"

so much fluid

oh and shaming chewie for eating fried chicken wtf.

and every other second of the cancer.
Are you talking about the novel with Phasma and Vi Moradi written by that woman who thinks it's very important that periods be represented in books (especially Star Wars books)?
In other news Hux not-Tarkin has no fans.
Poor guy. I liked his performance in TFA even though his character was a blatant Tarkin knockoff. Him and Kylo were the only two interesting characters in the movie.

ManateeHunter

Resident Mecha Girl Tentacle Hentai Activist
kiwifarms.net
Funny thing is she wasn't even supposed to be in TFA. The film was almost 90% done when Kathleen Kennedy showed up one day to the art room and saw a sketch of a silver nu-trooper, she then went gaga over it and ordered them to put it in the movie but make it female despite not having enough time to even make that possible, hence her limited appearance. And she was conveniently revealed during the peak of the feminist gaming drama over the non-issue that was skimpy female armors in games just adding more heat to pop culture drama and creating a lot of press for Phasma with endless clickbait articles about how she's the "wake up call" fandoms need to "grow up". Also that trash compactor gag irritates me to no end not just because its another memberberry moment but the fact that wasting time going around a highly secure base to look for a trash compactor just to toss a random trooper into it is stupid in and of itself when Han would normally just shoot the fucker without a second thought. She was honestly more wasted and underwhelming than both Fetts.
JFC when the character design you like the most is revealed to be some last-minute woke jerkoff character…

Please go to Hell Kathleen. Fuck you.

GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
Finn, since he takes out Phasma both times? Wonder if that's acceptable given the progressive stack, does a cishet (assuming FinnxPoe isn't canon) black guy have an advantage over a white woman (maybe lesbian/bisexual since I think someone posted Phasma is canon homo).
Who can say really. Standards are so wacky I can't keep track. But as far as being a lesbian goes, I don't think she's actually been involved with anyone. Although its mentioned that the tribe she came from were a bunch of violent "free love" warrior hippies who engaged in casual sex or something regardless of gender. And I was told that the new comic she got recently had a female rookie nu-trooper fall in love with her only for Phasma to constantly scold her then eventually betray her, and all the while in the comic Phasma revealed that she was sort of a coward who sacrifices others, even her own, just to survive. She's also a huge "racist/xenophobe" due to hating anything having to do with aliens and scolding a former comrade for snorting spice and drinking wookiee alcohol because they were alien goods.
Are you talking about the novel with Phasma and Vi Moradi written by that woman who thinks it's very important that periods be represented in books (especially Star Wars books)?
That seems to be the most likely culprit.
And the author is writing a LeiaxHoldo comic as we speak...
1565769091402.jpeg

Seriously Disney, stop pushing this character already. She's fucking everywhere now. Also for those of you barely interested, the comic's story revolves around Holdo and Leia going on a getaway for some private time on Coruscant where Leia teaches Holdo how to ride a speeder, and it ends with them getting trapped in the criminal levels of Coruscant where they fight off gangsters despite being in their 60s.

Poor guy. I liked his performance in TFA even though his character was a blatant Tarkin knockoff. Him and Kylo were the only two interesting characters in the movie.
Hux's actor really got the short end of the stick in all this, and his and Finn's characters are probably the most shamed and humiliated ones under Disney (not counting the abuse suffered by pre-Disney characters). Neither characters even get a role or meet&greet at Galaxy's Edge surprisingly despite supposedly being sequel focused.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's impressive that they're spite forcing a character who appeared and died in a movie they're going to mostly wipe. I know it's the mentally exceptional monkeys at Marvel and the Story Group doing it, but seriously, absolutely no one likes Holdo as she stands.

And the thing about Hux, Finn, and many other characters were they all had potential in even a mediocre writer's hands (no seriously, there's a reason I was doing the scripts besides as a way to see what could have been; I was highlighting this). But at no point are they given something to build on. In the case of Poe, he never had anything since they fucking rewrote him to ensure Oscar Isaac had nothing to do for the movie for very vague reasons.

Shit, it's embarrassing that Disney won't even use 2/3's of their "trio" for their fucking park and are pushing wokeshit that don't sell.

Remind me tomorrow to write a pt. 5 to TLJ, I think I have my ending in mind too...

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 890078
I looked her up on Amazon, and from what I saw, she's a reasonably competent writer of trash-tier romance novels. Not as bad as I was hoping- no perpetual present tense or Chuck Wendig word salad, even though she meanders as many female authors are wont to do.

Though it is extremely telling that Disney is hiring romance novelists to do their pulp sci-fi tie-ins instead of... you know, science fiction writers. She must work for cat food and Ben & Jerry's.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
1565769091402.jpeg

Seriously Disney, stop pushing this character already. She's fucking everywhere now. Also for those of you barely interested, the comic's story revolves around Holdo and Leia going on a getaway for some private time on Coruscant where Leia teaches Holdo how to ride a speeder, and it ends with them getting trapped in the criminal levels of Coruscant where they fight off gangsters despite being in their 60s.
Why are they even pushing for Holdo at this point? Putting aside how generally disliked she is, the bitch died and became literal space dust, she literally has no bearing on the plot going forward (unless they pull a resurrection out of their ass just to spite the fanbase).

At least George had the sense to downplay Jar Jar Binks after TPM, when are these guys gonna take the hint?

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
I looked her up on Amazon, and from what I saw, she's a reasonably competent writer of trash-tier romance novels. Not as bad as I was hoping- no perpetual present tense or Chuck Wendig word salad, even though she meanders as many female authors are wont to do.

Though it is extremely telling that Disney is hiring romance novelists to do their pulp sci-fi tie-ins instead of... you know, science fiction writers. She must work for cat food and Ben & Jerry's.

This would explain why the very first thing a plot summary of these books/comics tells us is what kind of perversions the main characters are into. Why the hell do I NEED to know about a character's specific sexual practices if that information really doesn't factor into the story? There wasn't even any romance in the first Star Wars movie (A New Hope) other than some ogling of Leia done by Luke (a horny teenager who didn't know he was looking at his sister,) In the second and third movies, Han and Leia hooked up after a lot of romantic sparring, but overall, the romance was sprinkled on pretty lightly. The main focus was the war the characters were waging and the struggle that revolved around Luke coming into his own power and saving his father. If you had told me after ROTJ had ended, that Leia would dump Han and go diving into the purple muff of an incompetent military leader who couldn't command a popsicle stand without running it to the ground and setting it on fire, I would have scoffed. But here we are. If you had told me that Disney was going to turn the franchise into a badly written Harlequin romance novel - one written by third-string, C-tier authors whose works don't even get to have Fabio featured on their covers - I'd have laughed. But here we are.

If you had told me that Disney would take the greatest "money in the bank" cash cow sci-fi franchise and give it to radical man-hating feminists to run so they could implement a social agenda -with predictable results - I would start thinking that aliens were conducting mindwarp experiments on Disney personnel. And the sad thing is, that most women who see the new Disney Star Wars movies, probably hate them as much as I do. What woman (other than a BPD sadist) wants to see a movie filled with bumbling men who get constantly humiliated and bullied? What woman wouldn't have enjoyed the male characters more if they had shown competence, menace or initiative? Even Kylo Ren, the most conventionally "attractive" male character looks like he belongs more in a Grade Z Anime love triangle, than as a morally ambiguous villain in a Star Wars movie.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino