Star Wars Griefing Thread (Formerly about Last Jedi) - It's nothing like Empire... like.... at all, we promise

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So anyone here wonder if Rian's films really are done for this time or is he just going to claim they're totally still happening? I'm honestly growing sick and bored of this Ring-Around-the-Rosy-Rian shit. Its clear his shitty films ain't happening, but I wonder how long he plans to keep this lame game going.

TFA was the equivalent of seeing a roughed out piece of marble surrounded by scaffolding.
That was the biggest problem with TFA for me right there. JJ had no structure or set-up whatsoever and could deliver no payoff on his marble "work of art" because of it, instead relying completely on others to finish his featureless "masterpiece" which is what gave jokers like Rian plenty of room to fuck shit up. He was supposed to make something out of that chunk of marble, not leave it featureless other than chiseling the words "Star Wars" on it and making a few cracks, like some "minimalist" modern art hack.

A way I like to interpret this is by visualizing JJ as a 19th century artist who has never really created a masterpiece of his own but is still moderately successful in his community, having made quite a few paintings that, while derivative or unfinished, are still fairly popular. Then one day, he is commissioned by a local noble couple (let's just call them Lord Iger and Lady Kennedy) to paint something to surpass the work of a previous artist whose original work they have just purchased, but instead of making something original or creative, all he did (with the blessings of Lord Iger) was take the original painting and then for some reason cuts out everything but a few pieces, and he then pastes the remaining centerpiece onto the blank canvas. Then he proceeds to repaint the remaining portion of the painting to make it look slightly different from the original and now declares that his work is finished. He then boldly claims that the empty parts of the canvas must be filled with your imagination, a decision for which he is hailed as a master artist by everyone for his "minimalist genius" bullcrap despite not actually creating anything new, devaluing the work of his predecessor by removing all the things that made it whole and leaving a mostly blank canvas full of empty space to be filled by any fool that comes along. The "blank canvas" term is probably the most recurring criticism that has been given to TFA. A truly blank canvas film.

Later on, the same nobles hire another local artist of similar status to make a successor to Mr. Abrams' painting: the local Mr. Rian van John. Upon seeing his predecessor's work, Van John was hit by a surge of inspiration, and by "inspiration", I mean diarrhea. Van John quickly took the mostly barren and cheap canvas of Mr. Abrams from off the wall and proceeded to shit all over it, much to the shock of all those present. He then declares his work complete, calling it a deconstructionist masterpiece. The Nobles then clap their prissy little powdered hands with joy and excitement, now more eager than ever to show off their newest and revolutionary commission to the world. So in short, JJ and Disney-Lucasfilm set themselves up for that one. And all this is without including all the terrible set-up the story team forced onto the film via all their terrible decisions involving Marvel, Wendig and making a show for 10 year olds starring Aladdin with a slingshot the most important and referenced piece of SW canon.
Will the Disney Wars years, late 2015 to late 2019, go down in history as the worst period for pop culture?
Yes. Things got so stupid they were comparable to political party infighting.

Edit:
All this talk about the reshoots introducing the "Secret Skywalker" is getting around fast.
Imagine if they're stupid enough to do this. Are they actually crazy enough to bring back Ben Skywalker as Jaicen Skywalker to be Luke's lost son or some shit? While completely ignoring the fact as to why he never bothered to help out before or stop his exceptional cousin? Or maybe help his dad through his crippling depression? Or are they just going to retcon Rey into being Han and Leia's lost daughter like some of the earlier leaks implied? It'd be typical of nu-Lucasfilm's bad decisions, but on the bright side, Reylos would be on suicide watch.

Last edited:

Godzilla@1989

DESTROY US ALL!
kiwifarms.net
Yes, it's gone over as saying scores are as follows (I don't know what these scores mean, I am repeating Doomcock verbatim)
Audience comp: 1/4 Star Wars nuts, 1/4 Star wars fans, 1/4 normies, 1/4 kids.
Act 1: 65
Act 2: 12
Act 3: 4
Aggregate audience score: 29
Rey kicks the shit out of the Emperor (which I fucking called.)
This was the first variant, "JJ/KK Variant"
Second Variant: "Iger Variant" = "65" (not specified). Anakin and Luke come back.
Third variant: "Lucas" variant
Score = "88", "Secret Skywalker" introduced. Rey(?).
75% rumor is somewhat mixed. 25% of each variant has been redone. Audiences and act scores not specified for second and third screening.
Estimated cost for all the reshoots: 300 million dollars
Lucas came back. He'll be ignored.

Doomcock believes Kennedy might resign or be fired. Exogol has basically been confirmed at this point. @PseudoScrooge @GeneralFriendliness
So with Iger seizing oversight into Star Wars, will his variant make it to theaters instead perhaps?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

JESUS oh god this will be a trainwreck
LEIA WAS GOING TO BE THE LAST JEDI AHAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

How could you fuck up audience response that badly, holy shit. This was a terrible fucking idea. Oh my fucking God. They should have made Jar Jar a Sith over this stupid shit.

Personally bringing her back at all seems incredibly disrespectful to her passing, especially by using a virtual zombie to "resurrect" her. But if they were going to bring her back at all, they should've at least used an actress with a digitally altered face or a lookalike. But my guess as to why they didn't just go the more reasonable route and find a successor is that they either probably fear backlash from those who believe actors can never be replaced (despite that their very nature as performers should allow room for successors that can honor their predecessors) while also being seen as disrespecting Carrie Fisher (even though TFA was already a huge disrespect to her character's past achievements while TLJ was a disrespect to both her character and her actual personage), OR its Disney-Lucasfilm's usual superficiality working at full force where they believe anything in SW is defined solely by visuals and OT + Aladdin Rebels references, so having to recreate Carrie via digital necromancy to ensure a perfect visual match is achieved is a must for them. I should also note that I really hate this trend of using the images of the deceased for digital zombie puppetry. They should've just done what ROTS did and hire a lookalike like they did with Tarkin. Overall, letting her survive in TLJ was a mistake, and they had time to change it but didn't because its not what Kennedy desired. Leia had to become the true and only star. Now we get this huge insult to Fisher via this uncanny valley zombie.
This is why you have a lot of actors in their wills/contracts that their digital likeness is barred forever in the event of their death.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Personally bringing her back at all seems incredibly disrespectful to her passing, especially by using a virtual zombie to "resurrect" her. But if they were going to bring her back at all, they should've at least used an actress with a digitally altered face or a lookalike. But my guess as to why they didn't just go the more reasonable route and find a successor is that they either probably fear backlash from those who believe actors can never be replaced (despite that their very nature as performers should allow room for successors that can honor their predecessors) while also being seen as disrespecting Carrie Fisher (even though TFA was already a huge disrespect to her character's past achievements while TLJ was a disrespect to both her character and her actual personage), OR its Disney-Lucasfilm's usual superficiality working at full force where they believe anything in SW is defined solely by visuals and OT + Aladdin Rebels references, so having to recreate Carrie via digital necromancy to ensure a perfect visual match is achieved is a must for them. I should also note that I really hate this trend of using the images of the deceased for digital zombie puppetry. They should've just done what ROTS did and hire a lookalike like they did with Tarkin. Overall, letting her survive in TLJ was a mistake, and they had time to change it but didn't because its not what Kennedy desired. Leia had to become the true and only star. Now we get this huge insult to Fisher via this uncanny valley zombie.
Gotta love how we're entering the Zombie Actor period in Hollywood; I predicted this shit ever since they did a CGI-Tarkin, but honestly this trend's been going on for literally years, over a decade actually.

After all, what's more expensive, paying the actor millions for their likeness, or just let them fucking die so you can enslave some Filipinos to make it for a few dozen thousand dollars? With the money saved, you can then use those millions to bot-swarm critic sites, bribe the critics, buy your own tickets, and every other disgusting tactic with all that you saved, cutting down costs significantly already.

Film is fucking dead-dead.

All this talk about the reshoots introducing the "Secret Skywalker" is getting around fast.
Imagine if they're stupid enough to do this. Are they actually crazy enough to bring back Ben Skywalker as Jaicen Skywalker as Luke's lost son or some shit? While completely ignoring the fact as to why he never bothered to help out before or stop his exceptional cousin? Or maybe help his dad through his crippling depression? Or are they just going to retcon Rey into being Han and Leia's lost daughter like some of the earlier leaks implied? It'd be typical of nu-Lucasfilm's bad decisions, but on the bright side, Reylos would be on suicide watch.
Oh... so they're gonna do this to again grope for hardcore fans with literal trinkets and memberberries? After they shat on them to the point that pretty much all of them are fucking done with Nu-Wars and who will not watch their last gasp?

Jeeesus Christ they ain't gonna ever learn.

Side Note: Am I the only one who's getting sick and tired of these channels doing this begging routine for subs? Because it's been months; I get it. Stop please.

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
This was mentioned very briefly at the end of clownfish's video talking about the new rumors and i thought it should get a highlight.

Gotta love how we're entering the Zombie Actor period in Hollywood; I predicted this shit ever since they did a CGI-Tarkin, but honestly this trend's been going on for literally years, over a decade actually.
After Fischer's death and Disney saying she'd be in the next movie anyway there were reports about actors changing their contracts to prevent stuff like that.

Commander X

kiwifarms.net

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
Will the Disney Wars years, late 2015 to late 2019, go down in history as the worst period for pop culture?

One standout though would be Blade Runner 2049.
I don't think so; I think it's going to go down as a period of extremes. You have Wokebusters... but you also have Joker. You have Game of Thrones violently shitting itself to death accompanied by sad trombone music... but you also have Chernobyl. There is good stuff out there, but the dross is so much shittier than previous simply because it's been endlessly recycled, Human Centipede style, to the point where it will taint previously good things if you let it.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can't because people are too stupid to think "Oh I like this video I should sub to this person" while watching a video unless they are reminded.
It's more that I'm tired of them kvetching about the sub drops and purges and the new algorithm. It's been months since that happened and I'm tired of hearing it.

It's not paid promotion level, but it just grates like a splinter in the brain.

Speaking of splinters in the brain, I can't wait until Disney manages to get their streamed shows leaked so we can find out how fucking shit those will be so we can save some people from losing money they could use for Taco Bell.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
I see your point and it is a good point. For one thing, the FO has blown up not 1 but 5 planets, which killed enough people that it might be measured in trillions. And it goes without saying, the Geneva Convention doesn't apply to the galaxy far, far away.

But here's the thing:
In the old movies, Luke discards his light sabre instead of striking down Palpatine or his father. It is a clear victory of virtue over evil. The protagonists should be heroic and do "the right thing", even in the face of literally unrelenting evil.
On the other hand, "the right thing" is based on our morals and ethics. Sure, you could say they have different morals in Star Wars, but pragmatically speaking, since it is a story, it is inevitably going to be based on our understanding of what is right and wrong.

And here's the deal: Sending a detachement that pretends to be on a diplomatic mission, claims diplomatic immunity to negotiate with someone, just so that detachment can then use that diplomatic immunity as a cloaking mechanism and surprise attack the enemy is one of the worst things that anyone can do in a war. It is pretty much only outclassed by a holocaust-style genocide. This has to be something that is true for all halfway civilized people, since the ability to have negotiations, to have diplomatic immunity, is absolutely necessary. It is in no one's interest to abuse this basic rule, since it takes away your ability to ever negotiate again with anyone.
If you're the guy that will pretend to talk things through before suckerpunching your enemy, no one will ever stop pounding your face into the dirt, no matter how often you beg for mercy. And they'd be justified in doing so. That's why pretending to be on a diplomatic mission is inevitably a dick move by Poe.

Again: The argument that the Resistance does not have to play by the rules since the First Order does not play by the rules either does make sense... but the Resistance are the good guys, they have to embody certain virtues and values to be the good guys and pretending to have a desire for negotiations is not a trivial matter.
I think you're overthinking this. Laws of war exist and there are reasons for them that are good on paper (though as @Uranus Pink noted, really, the biggest crime in war is losing) but even so, they're very abstract and have very little emotional impact inherent to them. You see a torture scene, and it feels wrong because you empathize to some degree with the victim, making it viscerally repulsive; you don't need to cite chapter and verse of some UN convention to get that feeling. We expect the good guys to be good, but we tend to rate that by how good their actions feel based on how we experience them in the moment, not how they uphold (or don't) some legislation we've never read.

To the specific point, the paucity of storytelling in Disney Wars plays a part here. The Rebellion and the Empire (sorry, "Resistance" and "First Order") are the only two factions, and they're playing a zero-sum game. No tactic would be off-limits because nobody (in-universe or in the audience) seriously believes that they're going to negotiate in good faith, and there's apparently no other factions to worry about, so it's total war all the way down. If the game had more players, it could get political, but it doesn't.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
Did Halo go woke? I haven't heard a damn thing about it since Halo 4, and I only ever played the original.
A bit late, but yeah.

Everyone already knows how the writing took a nosedive, but, one thing I'm shocked nobody is mentioning is how blatantly they tried to replace Masterchief with a black dude. He was only in 3 missions out of 15 while the other guy was on the rest.

Which was odd to me as, obscure lore aside, the Masterchief didn't have to be white. His physical appearance was a mystery so he might as well had been any minority... but once they revealed he was an old white dude. Well you know the rest.

Naturally, the fandom didn't take this well and they demanded Masterchief back, and they had to backtrack on this. Too bad we can't do the same with Luke.

DAILY. However, my point is, I need help in addressing my friends and family. They are so blinded in a deep haze, that they can't "see the forest for the trees," perhaps because as I said, there is just so much. Even real fans I know--for example, I tuned into the livestream for the last Celebration, like a fool. Some of the very same people who were jumping up and down and screaming against the atrocity that was Episode 8 the year before were IN the audience, jumping up and down and screaming for more Disney product.
Not by fighting what you hate, but by saving what you love....but unironically. Let me explain:

I personally do watch Clownfish and Doomcuck, because it's cathartic and a bit of Schadenfreude after what they did to the old trilogy. And if they are into that type of thing watching those might help. But I assume your family and friends, like your average moviegoer, don't care that much and just see a trailer on youtube and then watch the movie.

As they say, Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for next product

So if you want them to get REALLY angry, just show them not what we hate of Disney, but why we loved Star Wars in the first place (aka saving what we love). Invite them to a marathon and binge-watch the old movies.

As I've said before, TFA seems like an amazing movie...if you haven't watched a New Hope. Then it becomes clear how bad it is. Honestly most of the few people that seem to genuinely, and unironically, love TLJ haven't seen either the prequels or the original trilogy. So for them, this is as good as it gets.

You don't see how bad as villains Kylo and Snoke are until you see Vader and the emperor. Or how Bad Rey and Kylo's lightsaber skills are compared to the Jedi in the prequels. Nothing Disney has done comes even close to match the lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin in Mustafar, Rey and Kylo seem like kids playing with broomsticks in comparison.

I could go on.

The point is, once you have the real deal, you can't go back to the cheap imitations.

I suppose it's still possible to still prefer Disney. But, honestly, if you have watched Star Wars at it's best, and you still think Disney's abomination is better... A guy that, unironically likes the taste of Orange juice+toothpaste has much better taste than you.

Last edited:

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Exactly, even when an anime or manga is formulaic, they're still more often than not good natured enough that you're entertained, SJW media on the other hand is so mean spirited it sucks any potential fun out of anything.
SJWs have a habit of making media that very narrowly focuses on their agenda and goes out of its way to insult and belittle you if you do not enjoy that very specific agenda. But I doubt that most people, even amongst the SJW crowd unironically enjoy that agenda. I think they just know they are expected to love it or they just get off on the misery that agenda causes other people (for instance fans of the original Ghostbusters, who are unhappy with the low-brow humor and shitty acting).

We live in weird times where media outright insults you for being invested in it . . .

Again you are assuming the plot is crucial to the story. The Director and Co-Creator of the Script [Rian Johnson] doesnt work that way
The point is that there is no such line of dialogue that the people on Canto Bight are perpetuating the war. That is nothing that is said or stated within the movie. That is what YOU interpret into the movie. It is possible that Ruin said it afterwards, but there is nothing in the movie to this end.
The movie shows profiteers. Nothing more.

Nothing really makes super sense in these movies Military Strategy wise.....thats why George never focused on it.
I would disagree. Sure, the movies use soft-sci-fi rules inspired by WW2 dogfighting but other than that, strategy wise, the old movies are very sound.
They follow a setup of rules. TLJ does not.
Don't misunderstand me. I am not saying the movie is RIGHT with what it is asserting. I am saying to read the movie as a text you need to look at what its asserting in its own language and address that. And address "Ok if Poe is wrong in the moral language your using movie then what does that mean elsewhere?" That tells you alot about the themes, plot, messages, etc of the film
I guess we could agree to this:
The movie treats Poe's decision as a mistaken in tone and character-interaction, but according to what is actually happening (ie: a big fucking ship with insane strategic value to the FO is destroyed), the movie shows that he was right and that it was a massive victory.

I think you're overthinking this. Laws of war exist and there are reasons for them that are good on paper (though as @Uranus Pink noted, really, the biggest crime in war is losing) but even so, they're very abstract and have very little emotional impact inherent to them. You see a torture scene, and it feels wrong because you empathize to some degree with the victim, making it viscerally repulsive; you don't need to cite chapter and verse of some UN convention to get that feeling. We expect the good guys to be good, but we tend to rate that by how good their actions feel based on how we experience them in the moment, not how they uphold (or don't) some legislation we've never read.
Sure, but my point isn't "This feels morally wrong, cause the Geneva Convention says so", my point is "This feels morally wrong and the Geneva Convention also says that it is a severe crime."
When I watched the scene, I was genuinely mad, not only at the lame yo-momma-joke, but also at a supposedly good main character doing something that I felt was wrong.
Even though Hux goes into a longwided speech about not showing any mercy, the funny thing is: He does honor the diplomatic immunity that Poe claims for himself.

To the specific point, the paucity of storytelling in Disney Wars plays a part here. The Rebellion and the Empire (sorry, "Resistance" and "First Order") are the only two factions, and they're playing a zero-sum game. No tactic would be off-limits because nobody (in-universe or in the audience) seriously believes that they're going to negotiate in good faith, and there's apparently no other factions to worry about, so it's total war all the way down. If the game had more players, it could get political, but it doesn't.
Sure, but a bad deed stays a bad deed even in that context. As I said, Luke would have ben justified in striking down Vader and Palpatine in anger and it would have ended the war. But the movie showed him winning by virtue, not by power.

It is a fantasy story, so I expect the good guys to play by the good-guy-rules. I know that blowing up 5 densly populated planets vs. claiming to be a diplomat is very heavily slanted, it's a matter of principle to me.
Not a particularly important one, though.

I dislike Poe for being a constantly mugging chuckelfuck that sucks the gravitas out of every scene that he's in with bad jokes. It was worst in TFA, but even in TLJ I still don't really like him.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
Except the movie is about how all war [and Political oppression] in the Galaxy is not about a giant conflict between the Light and Dark Side of the force BUT is a conflict from the hyper rich [income inequality] and the Military industrial complex. So [Within the Narrative Logic the Round head gave us] all the Military action on screen is SUBVERSIVE because Space Wizards and noble resistance fighters [and space nazis] are all pawns of evil corporations.
Yeah, this was another idiotic creative choice by Ryan Johnson.

Ultimately the dark side vs light side was a metaphor. The choice between doing the easy path but giving yourself to your worst impulses and do, as simple as it sounds, evil, or do the harder but good path.

In the end, the real conflict was never in the space battles or corporations or in politics, but inside you. It was always internal. Which is why Darth Vader being corrupted was a big deal. Turning Anakin to the dark side doomed the galaxy: redeeming Darth Vader saved it

Will you choose the dark or the light?

Something similar happened with Lord of the rings. Those epic battles were important, yes, but ultimately it was, among other things, about resisting temptation.

So him focusing on corporations to score woke points is beyond stupid. This isn't Hunger games and their shady rich people. Star Wars, with Lucas, was always about the battle INSIDE you.

...Not to mention ignorant as banks were controlled by the empire anyway so they were in fact controlled by space nazis. So they were never the main issue anyway.

weapon sellers are at best an amoral neutral third party. Not the main villains.

Last edited:

Lodoss Warrior

Defender of the lolcows of Lodoss
kiwifarms.net
On the one hand, I'd be eager to see how Lucas could salvage this final episode, if Doom's anonymous source proves accurate.

On the other hand, there's a real possibility that Lucas could salvage the reputation of Plan IX. Since I think this franchise should be put down like Old Yeller, this film's reception (not necessarily profit margins) could prolong this zombie series and vindicate Bob Iger et al.

Ghostse

Waffle SS Untermenchenfurher
kiwifarms.net
Holdo was fucking exceptional. Her "plan" sucked, and that was the real problem. You could have come up with a sequence of events that make more sense and still have your stupid fucking "TRUST WOMEN" horseshit, but have it actually be good.

For example:
#butwhatifitwasgood
They are evacuating Not-Yavin. A couple F.O. star destroyers arrive before they are complete, and begins attacking the fleeing transports. Escort fighters are tasked to deal with the FO TIE's; Poe wants to engage the few F.O. star destroyers, he's shut down, but the pilots are with Poe. Poe leads a bombing run; the FO star destroyers turn out to be more difficult to take down than expected, but they pull if off, taking out the FO star destroyers, losing a few fighters (including Page Tico's Y wing). While they're celebrating, then the rest of the FO fleet arrives, and the resistance fleet is just barely able to escape.

The Fleet comes out of hyperspace at their rendezvous. Almost immediately the FO arrives, resuming their attack on the Fleet. The Fleet has to get our of the range of the Imperial interdictors so they can jump away, one of the transports is having engine trouble. Poe wants to go provide X-wing cover, to force the FO interdiction ships to back off so it can jump, but then the FO Dreadnaught arrives and just one-shots it.

Poe realizes that the FO has a tracking device somewhere in the Fleet. He tells Frumpy and the Black Guy to take a ship to get a splicer who can disable it; he'll have the ship dump its trash before jump, and they can hide in the field until they figure out the best place to go - Poe doesn't know the jump destination, another thing that's pissing him off about Vice Admiral Tumblr.

After everyone jumps away, Rose recognizes the Canto system in the list of what's near by; she doesn't want to go there, but knows they can find what they want there. There, now Rose does something useful, you're welcome.

The ships in the fleet are having trouble keeping up with all these jumps, and many are starting to develop mechanical problems, and Poe is getting sick of running, he wants to turn and fight; at least go out swinging, many others feel the same way. Adm Tumblr tells him to calm his tits, she's got a plan, they just need to stick to it, the FO can't follow them forever.

They lose another ship in the next jump, barely able to evacuate it before the FO shows up. Adm Tumblr says she's going to split the fleet - transports and troop ships will jump to a different system than their warships. Poe says there's no way of knowing which ships - or how many ships - are being tracked by the FO. If there is a ship in the "soft target" fleet with a tracker on it, they'll be almost defenseless and sure to get destroyed by the FO. Tumblr says to trust her it will be fine, "You need to trust in the force", but its too much for Poe and he organizes a mutiny.

Holdo tries to get him to see reason, but he has her taken the brig, dismissing her with a "We're goign to win". Poe orders the navigation officer to start finding them systems that will give them maximum advantage against the FO. Poe decides to give rose and finn 3 more jumps to find a splicer.

Meanwhile Leia comes out of her space coma, sensing Holdo needed her. She confronts Poe as he's about to order the fleet into a costly space battle - Finn and Rose are barely able to report about being betrayed and Rey being with the FO fleet. Leia puts an end to the mutiny, puts Holdo back in charge.

Holdo needs Poe, and says she's going to hold off bring him up on charges until after the crisis is over. Holdo finally reveals the plan: the plan was always to let the FO track the ships. Leia and Holdo planned a sector-wide rope-a-dope to overwork the FO hyperdrives, and then jump to Not-Hoth where the Resistance had a weapon on the surface capable of taking out the Dreadnaught. They needed the Rope-a-dope so the Dreadnaught can't just jump away, it'd have to wait for the hyper-drive to cool down (since its such a massive ship, jumping puts strain on the hyperdrive). Holdo knew the Raddus was bugged, had this all planned, but she had to play her cards close to her chest and like the only plan was running because of FO tapping of their comms & having a traitor in the fleet.

Disabling the tracker would have completely ruined the plan. Not listening and trusting his mom Holdo almost undid months of planning and would have rendered meaningless the sacrifice of several ships.

Then everyone shows up on Not-Hoth; Kylo Ren, now supreme leader, knew about the planned trap, and launches a strike on the ground weapon; he damages the power generators, its going to take several minutes to recharge the cannon. He'd also landed FO commandos on the planet earlier, and they attack the base.

You have the Rebel Resistance Fleet fighting desperately against the FO (a fight made harder because all the 'soft' ships are there, since Poe stopped Holdo from sending them away) in space, while on the ground they are fighting to keep FO special forces from blowing up the ground weapon.

Rey and Kylo have a second show down fighting for control over the generator, and Luke intervenes, buying the Resistance enough time to get the weapon online, and destroy the dreadnaught, but firing the final shot makes the ground weapon explode - but it doesn't matter, with the Dreadnaught destoryed, The FO panics and their star destroyers flee. Leia orders rescue craft launched to pick up survivors from the dreadnaught; They don't have the ability to deal with so many prisoners, so they'll leave them in the base they are re-abandoning because "We need to be better than them".

There. A real, actual plan that DOES rely on Holdo not telling Poe shit.

Last edited:

ZMOT

kiwifarms.net
And the Geneva Convention doesn't exist in Star Wars so it can go eat a dick in the context of Fiction.
but we can assume something similar exists because we know how people work, even in a galaxy far far away. sure, you can always argue war is war and who's gonna care, star wars the hague? and sure, the emperor was quivering with fear getting sanctioned, but the point still stands. you don't go around genociding whole planets because if you do there's a good chance the same happens to you. even on a galaxy scale, if you fight against the population you gonna lose (and given it's age you can assume sheev was aware of that).
so even if we don't know the actual paragraph there's still logic.

however, the worst part about shit like this is that it was never an issue before. star wars was a "simple" story about bad guys doing bad things, the good guys doing good things and triumphing at the end. you don't have to go balls deep into politics, law and philosophy to give it depth (the OT left it out almost completely), this isn't fucking star trek.
what's next, the mandalorian having a star wars mengele episode so we discuss the merits of inhuman experiments? "but they're aliens anyway, lolz!" fuck that shit.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino