Star Wars Griefing Thread (Formerly about Last Jedi) - It's nothing like Empire... like.... at all, we promise

• I am killing the Proving Grounds board in a week, unless someone has an idea to make it work. (Thread) (Update 1)

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
Disney had there chance with the Rei being a palpatine back at the beginning and they blew it hard. The obvious continuation for the Star Wars franchise in the modern cultural era would have been for the plucky rebels having to deal with the consequences of winning the revolution. Now they have to GOVERN the galaxy. Han Solo isn't a rebel general sudo smuggler anymore. He has to sit in staff meetings. Leia has to organize political coalitions and against that back drop the Imperial Remnant is waging a vicious terrorist campaign.

Why? Well because when the New Republic was established there were inevitably losers. Destitute clone troopers, fanatical true believers, various races who benefited from the Empire and are now subject to ethnic reprisal from the people who were once under their boot heel. Luke Skywalker and his new jedi order work to try and heal the galaxy, with their most promising padawan Ben Solo.

But he is not the main charachter. The main charachter is actually Rei, who was created using the Emperors genetic material to impregnant a surrogate (but she does not know that yet). She is raised as the greatest weapon of "the resistance", those people fighting against the tyranny of the New Republic.

And away we go. That would have been epic. But nooooooo. Such a plot would have been beyond the brainlets modern American english departments and film schools are producing. Instead we got JJ Abrams fan fiction.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Being built after 2008 is the problem. After I upgraded the processor and graphics card a couple years back they just wouldn't run past the intros. I've tried all the fixes and nothing works.
These games play on an ipad/android tablet FFS go buy one at Wal-mart for $100 and have a spin...

Ghostse

Waffle SS Untermenchenfurher
kiwifarms.net
Being built after 2008 is the problem. After I upgraded the processor and graphics card a couple years back they just wouldn't run past the intros. I've tried all the fixes and nothing works.
If you run Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 pro, you have hyper-v on your system and could spin up a VM.

Godzilla@1989

DESTROY US ALL!
kiwifarms.net
If there's any silver lining to this massive shitstorm it's that at least without Lucas' involvement it's so, so, so easy to ignore it as non-canon.

Could you imagine if Lucas himself made the sequel trilogy and still fucked it up? How depressing that would be? Instead because all of this is just glorified fanfiction it's safely ignored.
If Lucas were back in charge he’d put the Disney timeline in a alternative universe.

Zap Rowsdower

The Canadian Chuck Norris
kiwifarms.net
Also, with all the talk about the prequels I'd just throw in that this is one of the best 3 minute stretches in ANY of the films. I loved Episode III when it wasn't cool to do so.

I don't get it?

If the CIS sent a fleet to attack Coruscant, why didn't the Republic just take a transport and hyperspace ram it into the main Separatist flagship?

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
Yes...but also a bit no too and that's the scary part. Sure we've definitely had our unfortunate share of "woke" infested bullcrap that spawned the likes of Terminator : Dark Fate, TFA, TLJ, Doom : Annihilation (yes that was a thing folks), Batwoman, and so forth but we've also had things like GoT crash and burn (and yes I know there was an element of woke crap in that too besides say Arya killing the Night King though I'm almost convinced that was thrown in there less for the "woke" points and more simply to be unexpected), The Hobbit movies, Attack on Titan (from what I've been hearing), the Legend of Korra (again some "wokeness" in that too but not enough to utterly derail the show), and a few other examples I might list later. Point being, writing/story-telling in this decade has really gone down the drain along with creativity with or without the help of SJWs.

Edit : Add to the second category of works of fiction that flopped or were very disappointing in the story department

Alien Covenant (...how could I forget that gem)
Final Fantasy 13 : Lightning Returns (yeah...I went there)
Final Fantasy 15
Halo 5
Kingdom Hearts 3
Mass Effect 3
MGSV
Resident Evil 6
Star Trek : Into Darkness (thanks JJ...)
The Predator

Edit 2 : Add the following to the first category

Dr. Who (from what I've heard)
Ghostbusters 2016
Star Trek Discovery
Wait how is Kingdom Hearts 3 a flop or disappointment story wise.? It was given it as a gift today (I played 1, 2 and some parts of those between them and I know what happens in the prequel game)

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li

Poe-Shen Zcela

kiwifarms.net

Its Mike Zeroh thou
Man, I miss listening to his Future Star Wars content.

I didn't care whether or not he was right. I just enjoyed his droid-like dedication as long as he didn't repeat himself. Helps that he wasn't a shill & that he inspired a hilariously embarrassing, diaper-shitting spergout from Rian Johnson on Twitter.

Also that outro music is sick. It's burned into my brain:

verissimus

kiwifarms.net

Posting this not so much for the person's take or even necessarily for the content of the video, but for the fact that Disney, et. al. are trying to promote this movie and yet they don't even have Adam Driver present (not that I personally care)? Like...wtf. How? Why?

Reactions: Miller and Adamska

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some Disney media THOT: "Alright everyone (the cast)! Give us your reaction! Your true and honest reaction of how you felt after watching your own movie, The Rise of Skywalker!"
The entire cast of Plan 9: [Their faces filled with shock and regret]

>when you can't even get your own cast to like the movie
1575350781182.png
1575350895926.png

Geez louise, just look at these faces. And JJ just completely bewildered by their reactions with a "how could you do this to me on live TV?" face.

I'm starting to get a little white pilled again... May be this will be a White Christmas after all...

I mean just look at them. Even Daisy is completely and utterly perplexed that she's doing an Abeloth face. And Rose Tico over there just transformed into a lifeless Daruma doll. And Boyega just can't even move. The whole time he's just staring off into space during the interview with a "I really wish I weren't here right now" expression. And then Ian himself, Papa Palpatine's actor Anthony Daniels in another show of brutality just fucking blurts out "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" Just look at those faces. Daisy's face alone is just the pure incarnation of distilled horror. Mama Abeloth would be proud of such a grimace.

Hell even if these idiots were all just ribbing on JJ, Boyega's completely emotionless and disappointed expression throughout the whole interview speaks volumes of what might actually be going on.

Edit:

Posting this not so much for the person's take or even necessarily for the content of the video, but for the fact that Disney, et. al. are trying to promote this movie and yet they don't even have Adam Driver present (not that I personally care)? Like...wtf. How? Why?
Adam Driver really hasn't been that outgoing in public appearances. There was some liveshow he did a few months back (or less) where crazy Reylo fans started jumping on stage. Not to mention he's been harassed by stalkers for a while now and others keep sending him crazy messages. He might actually be afraid of too much public exposure.

Last edited:

Godzilla@1989

DESTROY US ALL!
kiwifarms.net
Some Disney media THOT: "Alright everyone (the cast)! Give us your reaction! Your true and honest reaction of how you felt after watching your own movie, The Rise of Skywalker!"
The entire cast of Plan 9: [Their faces filled with shock and regret]

>when you can't even get your own cast to like the movie
View attachment 1034478View attachment 1034481

Geez louise, just look at these faces. And JJ just completely bewildered by their reactions with a "how could you do this to me on live TV?" face.

I'm starting to get a little white pilled again... May be this will be a White Christmas after all...

I mean just look at them. Even Daisy is completely and utterly perplexed that she's doing an Abeloth face. And Rose Tico over there just transformed into a lifeless Daruma doll. And Boyega just can't even move. The whole time he's just staring off into space during the interview with a "I really wish I weren't here right now" expression. And then Ian himself, Papa Palpatine's actor, just fucking blurts out "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" Just look at those faces. Daisy's face alone is just the pure incarnation of distilled horror. Mama Abeloth would be proud of such a grimace.

Hell even if these idiots were all just ribbing on JJ, Boyega's completely emotionless and disappointed expression throughout the whole interview speaks volumes of what might actually be going on.

Adam Driver really hasn't been that outgoing in public appearances. There was some liveshow he did a few months back (or less) where crazy Reylo fans started jumping on stage. Not to mention he's been harassed by stalkers for a while now and others keep sending him crazy messages. He might actually be afraid of too much public exposure.
I honestly think Driver would survive front his shitfest. Dude does a good job with the crap material given to him, kinda like Robert Pattinson with Twilight.

Speaking of Twilight, who’s a shittier character in your opinion, Bella or Rey?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino