Star Wars Griefing Thread (RISE OF THE SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
It looks like Robert Meyer Burnett got his hands on one version of Colin Trevorrow's script for Episode 9.
This is exactly why we can't have nice things. We don't deserve this awesome fun adventure story, we deserve the shit that JJ Abrams ass blasted over the screen and called it Star Wurs: Rise of the Suckwalker.

God damnitt, just listening to the draft it sounds A-MAZING
Listening to Burnett layout that whole script legit depressed me.

Even with Force Awakens being A New Hope clone and even with The Last Jedi blowing everything up, that script for IX would have made the whole experience worth it.

Admittedly, Carrie Fisher's death makes bits of it impossible, but not to a degree that it kills it. The handling of Luke, Rey, and Kylo in this script is MUCH better.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
More like dismissive and mocking since they see Vietnamese people as darker skinned savages worth only abducting to fix the incel problem and/or for organs. They see it as a place that needs to be owned by them.

They also think black people are stupid monkeys who threw away the stuff Euros gave them and see them as a cheap pit to earn money from. So Disney trying to court them while ooking and eeking about diversity to their Soy audience is really fucking stupid; it's one or the other; you cannot get both.

But then Disney hates that answer, given that the constant editing for Fall of Star Wars was because JarJar admitted that he couldn't make a movie that everyone would like.
I never thought I could hate a country so much, because of Hollywood pandering. They call white Americans racist yet they are ok and even comply and agree with the racism china has just for more cash. I think south park is the only show to call out this blatant pandering to china, and how much big hollywood blockbusters change to suit the commie's party needs.

Making a lot of money by pandering to communist go figure.

Why are these suits so terminally dense? Is it desperation or stupidity?

Between this, the last two Terminator films, and the awful first draft of Sonic, how many more morons can the theatre industry sustain?
It's nepotism and knowing the right people, talent, skill and experience may help you get to the entertainment industry, but it pails in comparison, Kathleen Kennedy got her job because she had alot of money, and was buddies with Spielberg and Lucas. Not because she was particularly talented, or at the very least incompetent. Katie Lucas basically could just recton ventress in the Clone wars into her self insert just being the daughter of George Lucas.

Just watch this featurette if you want to know what full blown nepotism looks like in Star Wars.

Last edited:

InspMagnum

kiwifarms.net

Between this, the last two Terminator films, and the awful first draft of Sonic, how many more morons can the theatre industry sustain?
The suits are desperate to tap into that juicy chinese market. Hollywood is fully aware of China's game, and they are fully aware of how backwards and un-progressive the chinese audiences really are, especially in comparison to hollywood's "values", but they know that if they pander to them correctly, there is a chance to strike rich on that massive potential market. Hollywood is currently playing a fine line between trying to attract the pro-diversity pro-feminism pro-lgbt consoomer crowd in the west, while at the same time they are trying to attract chinese movie-goers who literally care for none of that, but at the same time they still retain some hilariously bigoted views that make /pol/ larpers look like pussies.
1579062527852.png

In the near future, however, possibly 10 or maybe even 20 years, it's going to all be directed at China. The western market is going to lose out to the massive population of China's audience. It's easier to pander to the chinese audience, thanks to their authoritarian government turning it's citizens into mindless puppets, so it's much MUCH easier to make a big hit off of, say, some shitty block buster that would completely bomb here in the states. So long as you play by China's rules, you have an entire cash cow to mìłķ .

Toast Sandwich

kiwifarms.net
The suits are desperate to tap into that juicy chinese market. Hollywood is fully aware of China's game, and they are fully aware of how backwards and un-progressive the chinese audiences really are, especially in comparison to hollywood's "values", but they know that if they pander to them correctly, there is a chance to strike rich on that massive potential market. Hollywood is currently playing a fine line between trying to attract the pro-diversity pro-feminism pro-lgbt consoomer crowd in the west, while at the same time they are trying to attract chinese movie-goers who literally care for none of that, but at the same time they still retain some hilariously bigoted views that make /pol/ larpers look like pussies.
View attachment 1099060
In the near future, however, possibly 10 or maybe even 20 years, it's going to all be directed at China. The western market is going to lose out to the massive population of China's audience. It's easier to pander to the chinese audience, thanks to their authoritarian government turning it's citizens into mindless puppets, so it's much MUCH easier to make a big hit off of, say, some shitty block buster that would completely bomb here in the states. So long as you play by China's rules, you have an entire cash cow to mìłķ .
Hey it's not like the western market isn't a mass of equally impressionable puppets too. One giant mass of people has their non-elected government decide which norms are promoted in their society, and another giant mass of people has its non-elected media corporations decide which norms are promoted in their society.

I've seen what the media execs like to promote. I'll take the influence of the authoritarian government.

Jaimas

Give 'Em the Crab Jab
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Pure unbridled narcissism.

These people have been isolated in the ideological bubble so long that they think that this bubble represents all of reality, and they want to force this ideology on an unwitting populace. To hear them tell it, their propaganda, which has all the subtlety of an episode of Captain Planet, is flawless in design and will lead to their glorious superior future.

The problem, of course, is that the bubble they're in is tiny and fucking irrelevant. They've completely become detached from the needs, desires, and concerns of regular people. All they care about is the combination of positive affirmation on the Twitterbox and pushing their stupid dumb idiot asshole political beliefs onto everyone else.... Political beliefs that have become increasingly unhinged and are increasingly pissing off Joe Average. No one listens to their news. No one watches their movies. They get the most successful entertainment property in the history of human endeavor and they render it unprofitable in less than half a decade. The propaganda isn't working. They're absolutely fucked, and everyone can see it except them.

They keep trying to balance their need to pander to their own political echo-chamber and to China, but both these factions ultimately will kill them. The ultra-woke isn't a market and Joe Average knows that when he hears that a work of fiction is flashing its progressive bonafides, it's going to be complete shit. And everyone but the woke knows it. The best part? Complete capitulation to China won't save them either. As I explained earlier, Disney does not make money on these movies. Even in China. What's kept Disney afloat up until now is its buyouts of other networks, which is not going to avail it forever. One way or another, this shit will end, and likely, it will take Disney with it.

See, Chinese money isn't free. You don't just operate in China. You partner up with another company and that company takes a cut. So does the Chinese goverment. So do Chinese distributors, and so on. So it's nowhere near as profitable as they like to pretend. But let's for a moment assume that it is, just for the sake of argument. Assuming that somehow they focus entirely on China and somehow manage to forestall the inevitable end, and likewise assuming that the ongoing trade war with China doesn't catch them in the crossfire (it will), that means that there's an entire market not being catered to that any random moron can wander in and appeal to and make bank doing it.

It's going to start small but give it time it's going to eventually be able to count on reliable audiences and new studios are eventually going to rise that can compete. And since they're not going to have to go through the big boys, they can undercut them, set up better terms with theaters, or even dodge the fucking thing and release on their own online. At the same time, the few studios having outbreaks of common-sense will realize that pandering to a western market with shit they actually want is a great way to make shittons of money.

It gets even better, too. With them being so focused on gatekeeping, their quality has decayed to the point that not only is something better coming along an inevitability, but they've also ensured that it will be absolutely nothing like them when it happens. 2020 is going to be fucking glorious.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
i think the chinese domestic film industry is good enough at pandering to chinese audiences
i don't think hollywood will really get a foot in the door and dominate the chinese market like it does the west

John Waters Art Bong

Patty Hitler told me everything.
kiwifarms.net
Just a rando reporting in- I saw Rise of Skywalker having not seen the other two new films. It didn't make a lot of sense, but it seems the things I didn't understand, no one else understood either. I was also very disappointed no real explanation was provided as to how Palpatine survived the 2nd Death Star explosion.

I also thought one thing was particularly weird. It was she scene where Rey and friends go to the desert planet and walk in on alien Mardi Gras and she has a vision of Kylo Ren. It was a lot like a scene in 'Jaws the Revenge' where Ms. Brody, while at a street festival in the Bahamas, has a psychic vision of the shark. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but it hurt me to have a flashback to Jaws 4 during a Star Wars film.

Toast Sandwich

kiwifarms.net
They don't even know who they're pandering to. They are completely oblivious to the fact the Chinese are not woke at all and are actually the most racist fucks on the planet.
Consider though that the Han Chinese aren't that different from South Koreans, and South Korea has been transformed into the most consumerist nation on the whole planet. Not to mention it's already very feminist for an Asian nation too. It's consumerism that opens the door to this style of liberal signally politics.

Media corporations are capable of long term thinking of a sort, the long game, because they don't ever want to lose out on profit opportunities where others might gain. It could easily just take the knock-on cultural effects of a small scale media incursion there to allow them to eventually push their product to an insane degree.

Last edited:

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
That saga took place after the death of Prince Xizor, who evidently had a female companion called Guri:

View attachment 1095393

She looks great, but she doesn't seem to have enough info for a page.
As you said you couldn't find much information on her, Guri and Xizor are actually referenced in the Fantasy Flight Games Edge of Empire RPG. And I think all their stuff was vetted to ensure cannon compliance. Turns out
she's actually a droid with a synthetic skin, hair, etc. IIRC (which I may not), Luke Skywalker uncovers this in a novel she appears in and she eventually betrays Xisor despite having been created to be his most trusted assassin and bodyguard. Yes, we have a sexy terminator who turns to good in Star Wars.

The FFG Star Wars RPGs are good by the way, and the best implementation of the Force that has been done, but does have a few flaws most notably, imo, that space combat is really unintuitive.

Jupiter Ascending isn't trying to be anything more than it is. It wandered in just trying to be something like Last Starfighter, not taking itself too seriously, only for the entrenched gatekeepers to lose their fucking minds because fucking video games.

I didn't think it was great by any stretch, but it was enjoyably dumb. The fact that so many in the Sci-Fi community tried to do what the mainstream press attempted with Joker, however, is pretty telling now that we have thebenefit of hindsight.
Oh, I enjoyed Jupiter Ascending. It's total adolescent girl fantasy in terms of plot mind - fabulous wealth but still ordinary background, princess but kickass, hot protective bodyguard, forbidden love that you have anyway, giant chintzy wedding but without having to marry someone. It's basically Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for traditional girls. Or maybe Twilight is a better parallel. She's riding on some guys back at breakneck speeds at one point, even.

Last edited:

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net

Sam Witwer is the chad fan we need.
Someone get this man a beer. Return of the Jedi is an awesome movie, has always been an awesome movie, and will always be an awesome movie.

And the Ewoks are great. Sorry not sorry. I am very pro-Ewok. I think that's because I'm a huge Tolkien fan, and the Ewoks have always been very "Tolkien-esque" to me.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
Consider though that the Han Chinese aren't that different from South Koreans, and South Korea has been transformed into the most consumerist nation on the whole planet. Not to mention it's already very feminist for an Asian nation too. It's consumerism that opens the door to this style of liberal signally politics.

Media corporations are capable of long term thinking of a sort, the long game, because they don't ever want to lose out on profit opportunities where others might gain. It could easily just take the knock-on cultural effects of a small scale media incursion there to allow them to eventually push their product to an insane degree.
south korea has been a de facto american colony / vassal-state for over half a century now, similar to germany and japan
china is nowhere near that situation

Shield Breaker

^_^
kiwifarms.net
Keri Russell is certainly easy on the eyes, but unfortunately all you see of her for a brief moment is...well, her eyes. The rest are just kind of alright. Not ugly by any stretch, but certainly not on the high end either.

To be fair, it's not like Star Wars has had a lot of women in it anyway. The original trilogy had Leia, Mon Mothma, and Jabba's slave dancers, while the prequels had Padme and her handmaiden decoy. But these actresses were certainly attractive. One need only point to Leia in a metal bikini.

Unfortunately, we can't have beautiful actresses in big general audience movies anymore, because something something male gaze.
What these joyless pink haired weirdos forget is that girls don't want to be the frumpy looking bitch that screws everything up. We want to be the kick ass chick who looks good doing it. There's a huge difference between bimbo shit like Barbed Wire and a Sarah Connor or Leia Organa.

Tags
None