Star Wars Griefing Thread (RISE OF THE SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net
General Grievous is NAWT a DROID!
View attachment 1099169
Fake news designed to divide the robot horde. Your lies will not save you, meatbag!*

*Actually that is a story I would have liked to seen in some media - the republic trying to tell the droid armies their leader is partially organic and Grevious trying to save face. Could have been interesting.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think I may just have stumbled across the mother lode. Yee Gawds. 9000 words in defense of Reylos. Oddly enough, most of the screencaps don't look like they're from Fandom Menace types, more like the SJWs accusing the Reylos of being racists. But whatever. Get cup of cofee or whatever and settle in. Enjoy! Even the Tweet that kicked it off was pretentious twaddle.

View attachment 1100242

When Systemic Hatred of Women Online Goes Unnoticed, What Does it Say About Us?

I remember when they started doing this with Twilight, saying the only reason it got mocked as much as it did because it was popular with women. And not, you know, a steaming pile of sparkle shit.

Kiwi Lime Pie

The tasteful winter treat. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
If that was Boyega's book collection, then I feel SO bad for him now.

I remember when Boyega did press stuff for The Force Awakens. You could easily tell that he was super excited to be a part of it. Ever since The Last Jedi ... That excitement just hasn't been there.

Not that I can blame him. They ruined any potential his character had ... And he most definitely had the most potential out of all the new characters.
Initially, it was nice to see Boyega all gung-ho about being part of the SW trilogy and taking a true interest in the franchise -- especially if those books are part of his personal collection and not part of a staged publicity shot. It also helped that his character showed potential in TFA.

Instead, the character of Finn ended up being squandered and underutilized. Worse, one could argue that as a minority, his character was little more than a token whose presence merely ticked off woke checkboxes and nothing more. It's no wonder Boyega finally expressed his frustration through his candid thoughts on social media once Episode IX finished filming and edits.

How much better might it have been if Finn's defection served as the impetus for other troopers to question their programming, training, etc. -- more-so if Finn somehow convinced some of his colleagues that also served Phasma to abandon her and join him in standing up to and against the First Order. Instead, we got the mishmash of conflicting, inconsistent ideas that Disney tried to pass off as a bona fide trilogy.

Even if Episode IX has reached the 1 billion mark or matched/exceeded its expenses, the buzz over and for the film certainly doesn't seem to be there any more like it was for its predecessors at the same point in time. With every subsequent release of SW content by Disney, except perhaps for The Manadlorian, fan interest and support has consistently diminished. It remains to be seen if this leads to Disney putting SW largely on ice or if they continue to release SW content with a continued emphasis on quantity over quality.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
I remember when they started doing this with Twilight, saying the only reason it got mocked as much as it did because it was popular with women. And not, you know, a steaming pile of sparkle shit.
But people made of Star Wars and Star trek a lot, almost all forms of media that are popular get made fun of. Also feminist were calling out Twilight for romanticizing abuse and stalking, and the overall creepy relationships. But now it's sexist to make fun of it.

jellycar

50% Patty Hearst/50% Natasha Romanoff
kiwifarms.net
Fake news designed to divide the robot horde. Your lies will not save you, meatbag!*

*Actually that is a story I would have liked to seen in some media - the republic trying to tell the droid armies their leader is partially organic and Grevious trying to save face. Could have been interesting.
Aw I loved Ajasti Ventress...and Shaak Ti....

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
Aw I loved Ajasti Ventress...and Shaak Ti....
Yeah too bad we won't get to see more Shaak Ti thanks to Ahsoka. They are shafting alot of female characthers to make way for the new ones, I like Ahsoka, but why aren't we allowed to have more than one prominent Togruta characters? Is filoni afraid of Shaak ti upstaging his indestructible OC?

Last edited:

Qi Meng Dealer

kiwifarms.net
If that was Boyega's book collection, then I feel SO bad for him now.

I remember when Boyega did press stuff for The Force Awakens. You could easily tell that he was super excited to be a part of it. Ever since The Last Jedi ... That excitement just hasn't been there.

Not that I can blame him. They ruined any potential his character had ... And he most definitely had the most potential out of all the new characters. Honestly, at the end of TFA, I was kind of sad that Rey ended up being the Jedi. When Finn picked up that lightsaber, with almost no hopes of defeating Kylo, I found myself rooting for him (more than I ever have for Rey). What makes a hero interesting is when they stand up against obstacles that appear to be bigger and stronger than them. Rey never had that going for her, at any point, in this trilogy.
I would've welcomed an ST where Finn and friends were able to overcome Kylo even without the Force (or at least their side had the weaker Force users) through grit and ingenuity instead of what essentially ended up as a dick-measuring contest between Rey and Palps. Don't ask me how that will fit with canon or how that will come to pass, I'll leave that exercise to better minds/writers than me. I mean, if Disney were looking for something new in the main, numbered series, that would've been a better bet than them telegraphing Rey to be The One from the get-go.

Poe-Shen Zcela

Enjoy the cream boys. On hiatus for a bit
kiwifarms.net

Rei is shit

kiwifarms.net

Idiotron

kiwifarms.net
I don't think that's Boyega's collection.
Call me cynical but i think that it's part of a SW fan image before TFA coming out.
He's in show business, none of those people are genuine.
It's either part of the contract with Disney or he did it on his own but it's fake.
I like the small touches, like the books in the worst condition being clearly visible to show you that he's been collecting these for a while.
It reminds me of people buying those shirts with pre-faded comic book logos to show that they've been fans before it was cool:

Iwasamwillbe

Wielder of the Death Note
kiwifarms.net
So now The Rise of Skywalker has grossed a box office of $1.001 billion dollars to it's $275 million dollar budget, despite being panned by both critics and fans alike.

@Jaimas and @Judge Holden do either of you have an explanation as to how, other than "cooking the books"?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

Absolutego

Burning in the Melting Pot
kiwifarms.net
So now The Rise of Skywalker has grossed a box office of $1.001 billion dollars to it's $275 million dollar budget, despite being panned by both critics and fans alike.

@Jaimas and @Judge Holden do either of you have an explanation as to how, other than "cooking the books"?
I wasn't called out but I have a few:
-Hardcore loyalists and the 3rd world preferring movies that are just "shiny things happening" for ~2 hours.
-The sunk cost fallacy pushing "brand loyalists" who might've disliked TLJ to buy anyways
-Most people are looking for something to do with family around Xmas and Star Wars supposedly has mass appeal
-It being hyped as a disaster demonstrably brought some people to the theater out of curiosity (I tried/failed to convince the rest of my group it wasn't going to be so bad it's good, so we saw it in theaters)

TROS is probably enough of a critical/opinion disappointment for reform to happen within Lucasfilm, but if we had another Solo situation where they were stupid enough to have another movie coming up in May, I bet that would've bombed hardcore as a reaction to TROS.

Poe-Shen Zcela

Enjoy the cream boys. On hiatus for a bit
kiwifarms.net
Not to mention that the $275 million budget is probably lowballing it, or at least not taking into account the extensive reshoots and marketing on top of it.

I'd say the biggest reason is because of the holiday. People are still used to Star Wars being an event regardless of their excitement for it, and it's the holidays, so expect people to go there with family & friends despite how they might feel about it. Also worth considering that some studios held their films back from releasing because they feared Star Wars would take some of their audience, leaving only Cats and Jumanji to compete with it.

I keep referencing feelings because, according to the Variety article I shared, TRoS received the lowest CinemaScore of the trilogy, or the first to not get an A or above. The CinemaScore might not mean much, but it is interesting considering the 86% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes and how it's still frozen at that score for verified audience reviews:

brave_VG8goZAPVL.png

brave_lfD08p7TVA.png

I would just chalk the CinemaScore dropoff to there still having been good will from the audience toward Star Wars because of TFA when they went to see TLJ, and it quickly dried up by the time TRoS rolled around.

Last edited:
Tags
None