Star Wars Griefing Thread (RISE OF THE SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net
Rupert Murdoch will be forever known as the autistic exceptional individual for selling 20th Century Fox to Disney and are being ruined for no reason why they were doing fine without them.
Even if Rupert didn't sell 20th Century Fox, the company's days were still numbered as his sons didn't GAF about properly managing FOX and on their own would've screwed it over one way or another. At least by selling it, Murdoch got one MF of a nest egg for the family estate and trust fund.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I must say these images actually interest me unlike anything we saw in the ST. The part about R2s (poor R2 who was treated probably the worst of all of the OT characters) Shell being carried by Chewbacca is actually pretty emotional. Not surprised they rejected all of this for the disposable shit they gave us.
“Disposable” is the perfect adjective. RoS just felt like no one really gave a shit. The Emperor’s back, the single biggest twist in the trilogy, and it happens offscreen. Leia’s a Jedi now. Finn has something important to say and never says it. Rey loses control and kills Chewie, but it’s okay, he’s actually alive. 3PO has to sacrifice his mind, but it’s okay, we can just get his memory back. Rose and Finn aren’t together any more.

It frankly felt contemptuous towards itself, like the writers just wanted to get it over with and had no faith in the audience’s intelligence. As if the writers consciously came up with shitty plot devices with no more thought than, “This is where we need the story to go.” “These are the emotional beats we need to hit.”

Gallofag

McIntosh hates Mexican Disney characters.
kiwifarms.net
Instead, we got the most awkward and least convincing grooming scene ever seen in a production that didn't involve Chris Hansen
Hey that's like one of the top five scenes in a StarWars film.

Okay this kinda pissed me off, it's possible that the artist they hired for Alien archive, a canon source book. Looks like they might of ripped off an fan artist from Deviantart They changed the body so it wouldn't be to obvious in my opinion. The heads totally line up!

I heard this wasn't the first time they did this shit. Can someone fill me in?

Last edited:

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
that's more applicable to the "here's your nazi imagery bro" first order.
empire in the OT isn't really that much explained, in ANH you just have alderaan, but considering it's a whole fucking galaxy that's more on the level of nuking hiroshima. they're more about absolute force, and you can debate if that's good or bad (if you blow up every bank being robbed it will definitely stop after a while). as others said the empire will have a positive effect in some parts of the galaxy.
It's probably the history autist in me, but when I first saw ANH and the scene where Tarkin said the Emperor dissolved the Senate, I immediately thought of the old Roman Republic getting replaced by the Roman Empire. My mind filled in a bunch of the world-building from that, which was perfectly fine for the OT, and it made the Empire an interesting antagonist. Even if Lucas was slapping Teh Nat-zees imagery in for easy visual cues.

Here's the dialogue, because a lot of people forget it in the shadow of that scene's more memorable ending:

General Tagge: The Rebellion will continue to gain support in the Imperial Senate--
Grand Moff Tarkin: [walking in with Darth Vader] The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I have just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the Council permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away.
General Tagge: That's impossible! How will the Emperor maintain control without the bureaucracy?
Grand Moff Tarkin: The regional governors now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.
Maybe younger me was naive and overly imaginative, but I thought it was fascinating that the Rebels were facing off against a newly formed Empire that was just getting its footing in the world. Then it got stuck as the Faceless Bad Guy faction that had to be destroyed by the Heroic Good Guys. Which was fine, because that became a backdrop for adventure and great characters, and that's what made the movies so good after all.

In real history, it was Julius Caesar's bold machinations that brought an (arguably deserved) end to the Republic. Having Emperor Palpatine turn out to be just another space wizard was kind of banal; ultimately the characters and Vader's arc carried the movies. But that bit in the prequels with Jar Jar fucking Binks being the catalyst that killed the Old Republic burned me out on the Star Wars setting.

At least the prequels spent 3 movies showing Palpatine maneuvering around the Republic's end days. It was badly done, but at least they tried. ROTS just doubled down on the evil space wizard gimmick, and tripled down on the meaningless evil tropes.

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Haven't seen people shitting on the actors for this cinematic Hindeburg, the only one in the cast that actually does a shitty job is Daisy Ridley who could be replaced by a plank and no one would notice.
Old as fuck I know, but I just saw this for the first time today. (stopped giving a shit about Star Wars 2 decades ago) And I gotta say, Daisy Ridley has exactly 2 acting modes: sweaty/greasy and angry, or sweaty/greasy and confused. There's nothing fucking else to the character but rage and puzzlement while marinated in sweat and/or grease. Is that the fault of 2 or 3 different writers/directors? or is the fault of a greasy bitch who couldn't act the starring role in a grade 4 play about a greasy bitch?

I mean, she is GREASY. Every scene she's been in from ep 7 on she's just looking like she's about to bust out in a face of 8th grade zits from hell. She has to be the LEAST attractive Star Wars heroine of all 9 movies. I'd rather let smoove grandpa Billy Dee Williams fuck me in the ass then fuck Daisy Ridley in any hole on her greasy body. /shudder

Last edited:

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
The man when hit with criticism for how stupid his Military Dino idea was, chose to double down and try to talk at the audience at how "NO YOU GUYS IT TOTALLY CAN WORK! HERE'S SOME STUPID OBSOLETE EXAMPLES OF WAR ANIMALS BRUH!"
The JW reboots are shit films and military dinos are only there to sell toys. To their credit it worked.
Has there ever been a more exceptional boss then KK in media? She has basically lost billions of dollars in revenue for disney just because she wanted her shitty waifus and ideology pushed. Star wars used to be the hottest shit on the market even during the prequel days, with merch selling like hotcakes. Today you can get things for surplus prices. How does one destroy a cultural and financial giant that has been going strong for 40yrs in about a 1/10 the time.
Not in media, but my favourite exceptional boss is Gerald Ratner https://thehustle.co/gerald-ratners-billion-dollar-speech
Off the top of my head, they stole the style of some Soul music covers for Solo movie posters and copied some fan ship models with the pegs still attached for a marvel SW book. Both are in the thread somewhere.

Based_Papa_John

Papa Lied, Memes Died.
kiwifarms.net
Since it will take me too long to quote everyone who's mentioned the topic, here's my two cents:

One of my problems with the OT is that it is rather simplistic when it comes to the moral issues of the Empire and the Rebellion (not saying that Lucas is an idiot, that's just a personal quibble of mine). One of the things that the Prequels do well is introducing some level of nuance to the issues surrounding governance and tyranny.

Based on what the movies have shown, the late Republic was a bloated mess. Schlerotic, inept, and impotent, it was only a matter of time before civil war would happen. The fact the Trade Federation could blockade and invade Naboo - the equivalent of New York invading Vermont - with the only response being a "fact-finding" commission shows that the republic was on its last legs. Ten years later, civil war did break out, forcing the central government and executive to assume greater power. The Empire was the only way that a galactic government could survive at this stage without dissolving into smaller states.

As for the Rebels, I am becoming more and more convinced that they are the effective bad guys. As one has pointed out, think about it from the average citizen in the Empire. Sure, the Empire is authoritarian, but from your perspective Palpatine did so much to restore order and stability to the galaxy. Not only did he defeat the Separatists, but he devised ways to get administration done easier through the moff system. Up until the Battle of Yavin, the Senate still existed, and seemingly had some autonomy if Vader & co were afraid of their reaction to capturing Leia, so the Emperor did not have absolute power.

On the other hand, you have a group of rebels that somewhat adhere to the same faith of those that tried to kill Palpatine without due process and were the guardians of the status quo. These terrorists want to restore the very system that was so incompetent and inept. That would have been like advocating for a return to the Weimar constitution when the Nazis were at the height of their popularity. For most galactic citizens, the Rebel Alliance seems to be a group of religious fanatics devoted to bringing back the very system that brought the galaxy to the brink of ruin. As bad as the Empire is, I'd say most would rather keep the Empire than go back to the Republic.

The handsome tard

Hyperion is working on the cure, it wont be cheap.
kiwifarms.net
You know, looking back, what would truly be the "jedi way" of dealing with the separatists and the republic?
In my opinion I think the Jedi should have focused on easing the tension between both factions and work towards some sort of agreement or deal. Their focus was to bring peace, thus see both sides of the equasion over what is better for the republic only. The separatists werent exactly WRONG, its their methods that were getting innocents killed and thats where the Jedi should have stepped in to actually solving the problem with the least amount of violence as possible.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Old as fuck I know, but I just saw this for the first time today. (stopped giving a shit about Star Wars 2 decades ago) And I gotta say, Daisy Ridley has exactly 2 acting modes: sweaty/greasy and angry, or sweaty/greasy and confused. There's nothing fucking else to the character but rage and puzzlement while marinated is sweat and/or grease. Is that the fault of 2 or 3 different writers/directors? or is the fault of a greasy bitch who couldn't act the starring role in a grade 4 play about a greasy bitch?

I mean, she is GREASY. Every scene she's been in from ep 7 on she's just looking like she's about to bust out in a face of 8th grade zits from hell. She has to be the LEAST attractive Star Wars heroine of all 9 movies. I'd rather let smoove grandpa Billy Dee Williams fuck me in the ass then fuck Daisy Ridley in any hole on her greasy body. /shudder
Yes, there’s just something unappealing about Daisy Ridley, she does nothing to get my willy excited.

Gallofag

kiwifarms.net
Off the top of my head, they stole the style of some Soul music covers for Solo movie posters and copied some fan ship models with the pegs still attached for a marvel SW book. Both are in the thread somewhere.
Such a scummy thing to do, Lucasfilm won't except fan submissions or even allow writers to pitch stories to them, yet they will steal fan work creations behind there back, without credit or permission. Matt Martin pretty much confirms about picking and choosing there writers, and they chose mostly shit people.
Damn it Lucasfilm.

Imperial Citizen

kiwifarms.net
I think that the Empire would have ended up starting a rebellion due to the inevitable corruption that would have happened with the appointment of regional governors.

The Moffs were only loyal to the Emperor and were made to enforce his orders. They would crush any form of dissent which would have made rebellion the only solution for disenfranchised groups to achieve their objectives.

Even with the Death Star, there would still be people willing to form a space taliban to score any victory against the Empire.

Godzilla@1989

DESTROY US ALL!
kiwifarms.net
I’ve been going through several videos and articles at the time the acquisition was announced in 2012 and it’s very clear that Iger’s rhetoric is foolishly centered around economics.

For example, in the investors call after the deal was announced, Iger boldly claimed that there was high demand for a new film following the release of Revenge of the Sith. Yet nobody asked for more after 2005.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
I’ve been going through several videos and articles at the time the acquisition was announced in 2012 and it’s very clear that Iger’s rhetoric is foolishly centered around economics.

For example, in the investors call after the deal was announced, Iger boldly claimed that there was high demand for a new film following the release of Revenge of the Sith. Yet nobody asked for more after 2005.
The look on George's face, is a look of deep regret and terror.
They changed the body so it wouldn't be to obvious in my opinion. The heads totally line up!
I brought it up like a month ago, but the book messed up with how kaleesh legs are supposed to look like.
jordyn.png

Untka.png

The author had to mention that of all things, and the artist wanting to cover there own ass, change the legs because to make it less obvious they ripped off a fanartist. or the storygroup isn't as organize as they want us to believe and ultimately useless.
This book traces almost everything from multiple official sources. They even had the gall to trace an character select option from the old republic.
AlienArchive_Togruta02.jpg

, and they chose mostly shit people.
Damn it Lucasfilm.
"Yeah we won't accept any story ideas or pitches presented to us, will just pick and choose people who align with our agenda while stealing fan-art. Sorry Abel g Pena, you might be a good writer, who wrote good stuff in the pass, but you are critical with our new stuff so will never hire you again."

Timothy Zahn is lucky he gets to write for nu-lucasfilm again, too bad Filoni has more control far more control over Zahn's own characters than he has.

Gallofag

kiwifarms.net
Timothy Zahn is lucky he gets to write for nu-lucasfilm again, too bad Filoni has more control far more control over Zahn's own characters than he has.
So it was Filoni's idea that Thrawn got taken out of the empire by deus ex machina space whales, and Ruhk's death in Rebels? wowSuch respect for the Eu.

Last edited:

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey that's like one of the top five scenes in a StarWars film.

Okay this kinda pissed me off, it's possible that the artist they hired for Alien archive, a canon source book. Looks like they might of ripped off an fan artist from Deviantart They changed the body so it wouldn't be to obvious in my opinion. The heads totally line up!

The book was honestly filled with a lot of traced shit from both old EU art and models as well as fanmade stuff. Its not the first time Disney Wars has done something shitty like this, with Marvel's SW comics and Hidalgo & friends' crummy nu-guides stealing or tracing fanart and fan designs for SW material. Its both lazy and disrespectful and makes Matt Martin's bullshit comments about not accepting fan input all the more shameless and deceitful. Some here have posted videos about these controversies before in this thread and we've also posted pics from the Marvel comics showcasing panels that are obviously traced, rather poorly at that too.
1579945156006.png

Disney's Galactic Atlas is full of examples of that kind of shit too.
1579944644298.png
1579944660984.png

So it was Filoni's idea that Thrawn got taken out of the empire by deus ex machina space whales, and Ruhk's death in Rebels? wowSuch respect for the Eu.
Zahn has confessed that he has no control over the future of his characters and Filoni is in complete control which is weird to me and it says a lot about how poorly managed things are within nu-Lucasfilm despite false promises of "more consistent narratives". It gets weirder since apparently for Rogue One they wanted Ackbar to be one of the main characters for the film but they couldn't use him because JJ had "already claimed him" for TFA, which kept them from using the character in RO despite that Ackbar is only in TFA for like 10 seconds and says fuckall, simply existing for some hollow member berry effect while being denied a real role in another film. Nu-Lucasfilm is just a huge mess in terms of management, and its laughable how there are still blind devotees convinced that Disney and Lucasfilm have done a "spectacular job" at creating a more "cohesive and consistent" narrative which is complete bullshit. The management of Disney Wars stories makes the narrative of TORtanic look like The Silmarillion.

Last edited:

God of Nothing

kiwifarms.net
The book was honestly filled with a lot of traced shit from both old EU art and models as well as fanmade stuff. Its not the first time Disney Wars has done something shitty like this, with Marvel's SW comics and Hidalgo & friends' crummy nu-guides stealing or tracing fanart and fan designs for SW material. Its both lazy and disrespectful and makes Matt Martin's bullshit comments about not accepting fan input all the more shameless and deceitful. Some here have posted videos about these controversies before in this thread and we've also posted pics from the Marvel comics showcasing panels that are obviously traced, rather poorly at that too.
View attachment 1114428

Disney's Galactic Atlas is full of examples of that kind of shit too.
View attachment 1114417View attachment 1114418

Zahn has confessed that he has no control over the future of his characters and Filoni is in complete control which is weird to me and it says a lot about how poorly managed things are within nu-Lucasfilm despite false promises of "more consistent narratives". It gets weirder since apparently for Rogue One they wanted Ackbar to be one of the main characters for the film but they couldn't use him because JJ had "already claimed him" for TFA, which kept them from using the character in RO despite that Ackbar is only in TFA for like 10 seconds and says fuckall, simply existing for some hollow member berry effect while being denied a real role in another film. Nu-Lucasfilm is just a huge mess in terms of management, and its laughable how there are still blind devotees convinced that Disney and Lucasfilm have done a "spectacular job" at creating a more "cohesive and consistent" narrative which is complete bullshit. The management of Disney Wars stories makes the narrative of TORtanic look like The Silmarillion.
TORtanic at the very least had potential and occasionally did strike the moral ambiguity and grand adventure tones from KOTOR and KOTOR 2 that Ruin tried to ape. Then the attack of that other super advanced Space Empire that was not forshadowed at all and makes absolutely no sense to exist happened with Discount Nihilus pretending to be someone else.

Speaking of bastardizations of the Old Republic Era:

For the love of what little remains sacred, can't anything be left alone?

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
TORtanic at the very least had potential and occasionally did strike the moral ambiguity and grand adventure tones from KOTOR and KOTOR 2 that Ruin tried to ape. Then the attack of that other super advanced Space Empire that was not forshadowed at all and makes absolutely no sense to exist happened with Discount Nihilus pretending to be someone else.

Speaking of bastardizations of the Old Republic Era:

For the love of what little remains sacred, can't anything be left alone?
...ffs Disney make something original!

Tags
None