Star Wars Griefing Thread (RISE OF THE SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
Lot of modern films don't get villains right anymore, we'll never get a cool villain like Darth Vader again.
Disney was famous for its iconic villians but now they don't even try to have a villain or do a stupid unmemorable twist villain. No coincidence that Star Wars has no new memorable cool villains under current Disney.
They don't write iconic villains anymore because they don't want you to root for the villains. The only problem is that the hero is always perfect, so people prefer the character who has flaws (the bad guy).

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We live in a society where a movie about a blue hedgehog has a better chance at the box office than a Harley Quinn movie and a Star Wars movie.
That would be hilarious but I don't see it happening. Sonictism isn't what it used to be compared to Mariotism/Nintendotism now. At best the movie will probably be as profitable as that Detective Pikachu movie, but even then it might only make slightly more or less since at its core the Sonic movie is just the same generic "goofy fictional character travels to the real world and makes friends in New York while trying to stop the bad guy" storyline that has been done to death.

Man, looking back, you realize how shockingly young Vader was...

With Starkiller in TFU, it made sense, he was a naturally gifted warrior trained by Vader himself. It felt awesome beating the shit out of Vader in that game since it felt like a natural progression, hell, Sideous says Galen could have been his equal one day had he lived after that game (I dont count his clone as being "him" in the sequel...in fact I dont consider TFU 2 to be canon at all).

I think a problem with Vader in comics and books that have him facing foes is that you know that he cant die but if his foe is the protagonist, they cant die either (unless its the end), so they try to have Vader "outsmarted" or "temporarly stopped". Truth is, Vader had so many close calls that I've realized he should have died MULTIPLE times, especially in his earlier days when he wasnt as adapted to the suit. It stops being luck/skill and it starts being obvious plot armor.

Guess they are holding onto the slightest hope that maybe they had sex at one point and that she secretly had his child...why keep secret? Because single mother, protection against his evil cousin, whatever...It would give an excuse for there being still a Skywalker around but lets face it

Its not happening, ever
Exactly on all points. And old fans only stick with Disney in the vain hope that somehow both canons can still be reconciled even though that's fucking impossible at this point. And in regards to that comic and others like it (as well as games and whatnot), you have Vader go around killing female and male characters of all ages and species, even wookiees, without anyone getting all angry about Vader easily choking a woman to death. But a comic comes out in current year doing the same thing (and the only one of its kind whose death scene is incredibly tame compared to Dark Horse shit) and suddenly people are freaking out, crying misogyny or acting as if its some mindblowing or shockingly insulting revelation despite being nothing new to the character. Its sad to see how sensitized modern audiences have become to violence or even partial nudity in fiction (unless its queer in nature apparently because there's probably political leverage behind not getting angry about that one).

Yeah more of a case of Filoni doing more damage to lore and his favoritism like Traviss, which her problems we're mostly ignored by eu authors anyways, but Filoni has a lot more defenders even by those who don't like rebels.
Well its not just that. A lot of Disney defenders and pre-Disney fans only slob Disney's knob or moderately stick with them mainly because of Ahsoka (or the blind optimism from the old guard I mentioned before that makes zero sense). They can shit on Luke, Han, Leia, the OT, the PT, the EU, the actors, the setting, anything or make even worse special editions, but they'll forgive it as long as their waifu remains unharmed, and its not surprising considering little shits who grew up with that orange jailbait would be in their 20s about now. Having Ahsoka receive the Disney treatment would probably be the only thing that would make them quit and bark back at Disney fully. But even that seems unlikely since, if rumors are to be believed, Disney wants to tard cum the Ahsoka waifu train for all its worth and are supposedly doing a sequel series to Aladdin's Rebels starring Ahsoka and the mando girl who won't stop changing the color of her hair.

Ben Solo Didnu nuffin #3 came out today the comic still sucks. His jedi friends want him dead over a misunderstanding, so Ben Solo/Kylo ren is now just a poor misunderstood baby.
View attachment 1141675
View attachment 1141673View attachment 1141677View attachment 1141678View attachment 1141679View attachment 1141681View attachment 1141683View attachment 1141680
Ben's first kill is out of a dumb misunderstanding and self defense not actual hatred towards the Jedi. We don't want fans to find him abusive or anything.
Yes the Alien is first character to die. Also all the bad things that happen in this comic are not Ben's fault but the Fault of Luke, the Jedi, Palaptine/snoke and the Knights of Ren.
This just keeps getting worse. They're trying so damn hard to push Kylo Ren Kylombine as the misunderstood and victimized emo brat and its so fucking awkward. This truly puts Twilight and 50 Shades to shame. And you know they're only doing this because Kylo Ren is technically the only popular character from the films due to his merch being the only one that sold, so they want to make him a half-decent role model even if it makes zero sense. I wouldn't be surprised if this garbage ends with Kylo meeting his dad and then showing Snoke or Palpatine possess him to kill Han to make it look like Ren is a true good boy that dindu nuffin. Seriously, this feels like a teenage school shooter's diary or blog talking about how he's totally innocent and the world is making him do horrible things. And yeah, I'm not the least bit surprised the alien characters once again amount to nothing under Disney.

Is it dumb of me to say Star Wars is a career suicide sometimes?
Well several old authors did sort of drop out from Lucasfilm, and Pena only came back now for some reason because supposedly Lucasfilm was desperate for something that would revitalize their novel market for an audience outside of college girls and wine moms that actually gives a shit about scifi and fantasy. And considering JJ is getting even more hate than Rian now simply because of Reylo bullshit, I wouldn't be surprised if content creators don't want to touch the brand with a 100ft pole.

Last edited:

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
Pena only came back now for some reason because supposedly Lucasfilm was desperate for something that would revitalize their novel market for an audience outside of college girls and wine moms that actually gives a shit about scifi and fantasy. And considering JJ is getting even more hate than Rian now simply because of Reylo bullshit, I wouldn't be surprised if content creators don't want to touch the brand with a 100ft pole
Pena's probably only interested again becauae of The Mandalorian show and that Kaleesh Mask, and a few guide and reference books not by Hidalgo are adding his lore back into the Nu-canon. Giving him hope that his Kaleesh lore and mando lore which he's closer attached too. Can be easily salvaged in this mess.

Last edited:

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Well its not just that. A lot of Disney defenders and pre-Disney fans only slob Disney's knob or moderately stick with them mainly because of Ahsoka (or the blind optimism from the old guard I mentioned before that makes zero sense). They can shit on Luke, Han, Leia, the OT, the PT, the EU, the actors, the setting, anything or make even worse special editions, but they'll forgive it as long as their waifu remains unharmed, and its not surprising considering little shits who grew up with that orange jailbait would be in their 20s about now. Having Ahsoka receive the Disney treatment would probably be the only thing that would make them quit and bark back at Disney fully. But even that seems unlikely since, if rumors are to be believed, Disney wants to tard cum the Ahsoka waifu train for all its worth and are supposedly doing a sequel series to Aladdin's Rebels starring Ahsoka and the mando girl who won't stop changing the color of her hair.
Or maybe those people don't want to see yet another character get ruined out of asinine spite? I don't see how that's hard to get.

Look man, you're usually a straight shot here, but this is probably a case where people don't want the series to fall even lower.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
Or maybe those people don't want to see yet another character get ruined out of asinine spite? I don't see how that's hard to get.

Look man, you're usually a straight shot here, but this is probably a case where people don't want the series to fall even lower.
No one here wants more characters ruined, he's just saying that's the only way for the whole fan base to turn against Disney and prompting Lucasfilm to do a soft reboot of the sequel triology. So as long nothing bad happens to Ahsoka will forever be stuck with these character assassinations. So having Ahsoka ruined is a very small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No one here wants more characters ruined, he's just saying that's the only way for the whole fan base to turn against Disney and prompting Lucasfilm to do a soft reboot of the sequel triology. So as long nothing bad happens to Ahsoka will forever be stuck with these character assassinations. So having Ahsoka ruined is a very small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.
Not to mention that a reboot would mean she gets unfucked anyway and people can just ignore Disney shit. But for a reboot to truly work Disney would have to drop this moronic "exclusives" deal with EA and Marvel. Yeah I get that its economically beneficial for them but not good for the brand. More publishers and developers to work with would also mean more games and comics again. You could even have both a Vader and Ahsoka game released in or around the same year as part of the reboot and everyone would be happy.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
Not to mention that a reboot would mean she gets unfucked anyway and people can just ignore Disney shit.
Part of me believes why they kept Filoni Wars in this nu-"continuity" was more out of popularity and to keep Filoni on their pay role, and they didn't want to piss off anymore factions of the fanbase when they decided to axe the True Eu.

Gallofag

McIntosh hates Mexican Disney characters.
kiwifarms.net
Not to mention that a reboot would mean she gets unfucked anyway and people can just ignore Disney shit. But for a reboot to truly work Disney would have to drop this moronic "exclusives" deal with EA and Marvel. Yeah I get that its economically beneficial for them but not good for the brand. More publishers and developers to work with would also mean more games and comics again. You could even have both a Vader and Ahsoka game released in or around the same year as part of the reboot and everyone would be happy.
What a bunch of manbabies crying about continuity and Luke Skywalker and there precious EU! I want Ahsoka outlasting every Star Wars character ever, and beating up Darth Vader to be canon forever!

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is it dumb of me to say Star Wars is a career suicide sometimes?
Guess you were right...

Also, it seems Kenobi is sort of messy at the moment. Aside from the delays and rumors of internal drama, the show apparently had plans to be set 8 years after ROTS and would feature a major pre-Disney character as the main antagonist in the show, A'Sharad Hett aka Darth Krayt himself, a major sith villain from the Dark Horse legacy comics.
So I guess this means they intended the show to be an adaptation of the Legacy comics.
1581572901370.png

However that's all been changed at the last minute which I can only assume is due to Kennedy's usual idiocy which appears to be why the show has been delayed for another year and why it won't start shooting until fucking next year. And it will probably turn out to be some sanitized and predictable crap about Kenobi getting whooped by a girl and constantly having to save Luke from being kidnapped by generic thugs.

The only things known about the "new direction" the show is going in are just rumors and vague "reports", which claim the show will also feature princess Leia as a kid and that it may retcon Rebels so as to use Darth Maul as the show's main villain instead. I guess this means another reboot is on the way or they really have no idea what they're doing.

Last edited:

Vault Boy

kiwifarms.net
However that's all been changed at the last minute which I can only assume is due to Kennedy's usual idiocy which appears to be why the show has been delayed for another year and why it won't start shooting until fucking next year. And it will probably turn out to be some sanitized and predictable crap about Kenobi getting whooped by a girl and constantly having to save Luke from being kidnapped by generic thugs.

The only things known about the "new direction" the show is going in are unknown except for rumors and vague "reports", which claim the show will also feature princess Leia as a kid and that it may retcon Rebels so as to use Darth Maul as the show's main villain instead. I guess this means another reboot is on the way or they really have no idea what they're doing.
Why am I not surprised to see the woman who kept firing or displacing directors has managed to fuck around with this show?

Oh, and you guys remember when Disney said that the new canon would be more cohesive than the EU? Fucking hilarious, huh?

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why am I not surprised to see the woman who kept firing or displacing directors has managed to fuck around with this show?

Oh, and you guys remember when Disney said that the new canon would be more cohesive than the EU? Fucking hilarious, huh?
I just don't understand why Kennedy feels the need to interfere with every project that takes place before the OT. Both R1 and Solo had the same problem where they even had to be almost entirely redone. And apparently Fallen Order almost had to be redone too. I mean what compels this kind of behavior? Can't she just let these creators do their own thing? Wasn't that one of hers and Disney-Lucasfilm's hollow promises when they reorganized back in 2014? They said there would be more creative freedom for the authors and more cohesion with the continuity and stories, while promising more content than just novels. Instead they did the exact opposite of all of these things. Authors are tied down by more rules and restrictions than ever, Kennedy watches every major project like a hawk, continuity is all over the place even within the films, and there's more aimless and unreadable novels in just the span of 5 years than there were in over 30 years.

They've done nothing to correct or improve upon the errors of the past and instead multiplied them tenfold while learning nothing from their predecessors or even bothering to honor that legacy. And they're still trying to act like everything is just fine even though the Resistance cartoon, a project they were betting a lot on, proved to be such a mess it tripped and fail on its face right from the get go. And now they may even plan to toss Rebels out the window despite that said shit is supposed to be their "big linchpin" that's supposed to be as important and as referenced as the OT. It was clear Kennedy, Iger and their croanies never gave much of a fuck about SW to begin with, but to be this aimless and mismanage things so badly is unbelievable. And this is all without bringing up what a clusterfuck Galaxy's Edge is. A 2 billion investment that's almost surpassed 5 billion in costs and is based on nothing from the franchise, instead being its own self-contained story. Even their most recent financial reports are shameful with the only decent source of cash being the Mandalorian and Hasbro's SW toyline and that's only because they stopped selling sequel shit and are only focusing on OT toys and also because of pre-orders for future Baby Yoda toys.

Last edited:

Gallofag

kiwifarms.net
Guess you were right...

Also, it seems Kenobi is sort of messy at the moment. Aside from the delays and rumors of internal drama, the show apparently had plans to be set 8 years after ROTS and would feature a major pre-Disney character as the main antagonist in the show, A'Sharad Hett aka Darth Krayt himself, a major sith villain from the Dark Horse legacy comics.
So I guess this means they intended the show to be an adaptation of the Legacy comics.
View attachment 1142280

The only things known about the "new direction" the show is going in are unknown except for rumors and vague "reports", which claim the show will also feature princess Leia as a kid and that it may retcon Rebels so as to use Darth Maul as the show's main villain instead. I guess this means another reboot is on the way or they really have no idea what they're doing.
Wasn't Kennedy's dumbest excuse was that they had no lore or stories to pull from. Kathleen Kennedy is a fucking cunt. She won't let there be nice aliens in the films, she'll keep sabotaging projects that don't align with her agenda, and dumbass Iger who's buring Disney to the ground doesn't even care anymore as long as he gets his paychecks.

They've done nothing to correct or improve upon the errors of the past and instead multiplied them tenfold while learning nothing from their predecessors or even bothering to honor that legacy.
Like of all the deaths they could of gave Shaak Ti they gave her the worse one.

Vault Boy

kiwifarms.net
I just don't understand why Kennedy feels the need to interfere with every project that takes place before the OT. Both R1 and Solo had the same problem where they even had to be almost entirely redone. And apparently Fallen Order almost had to be redone too. I mean what compels this kind of behavior? Can't she just let these creators do their own thing? Wasn't that one of hers and Disney-Lucasfilm's hollow promises when they reorganized back in 2014? They said there would be more creative freedom for the authors and more cohesion with the continuity and stories, while promising more content than just novels, instead they did the exact opposite of all of these things. Authors are tied down by more rules and restrictions than ever, Kennedy watches every major project like a hawk, continuity is all over the place even within the films, and there's more aimless and unreadable novels in just the span of 5 years than there were in over 30 years. They've done nothing to correct or improve upon the errors of the past and instead multiplied them tenfold while learning nothing from their predecessors or even bothering to honor that legacy. And they're still trying to act like everything is just fine even though the Resistance cartoon, a project they were betting a lot on, proved to be such a mess it tripped and fail on its face right from the get go. And now they may even plan to toss Rebels out the window despite that its supposed to be their "big linchpin" that's supposed to be as important and as referenced as the OT.
Simple, she's a control freak convinced that she has a better idea of how to handle the movies instead of the directors.

The only reason Rian got his vision fulfilled was by being such a brown noser, while Colin got axed for voicing his displeasure over how TLJ would fuck his vision over ( a valid concern, given how shaky Palpatine's return was and the mess over Leia being the last survivor of the OT trio). She comes across as someone that can't handle criticism or questioning well, which has in turn led to all these movies having such rough productions.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
Simple, she's a control freak convinced that she has a better idea of how to handle the movies instead of the directors.

The only reason Rian got his vision fulfilled was by being such a brown noser, while Colin got axed for voicing his displeasure over how TLJ would fuck his vision over ( a valid concern, given how shaky Palpatine's return was and the mess over Leia being the last survivor of the OT trio). She comes across as someone that can't handle criticism or questioning well, which has in turn led to all these movies having such rough productions.
The only hope I have is Kennedy's contract expires January of next year. We'll be stuck with her meddling for at least another year though.

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor?!
kiwifarms.net
That would be hilarious but I don't see it happening. Sonictism isn't what it used to be compared to Mariotism/Nintendotis now. At best the movie will probably be as profitable as that Detective Pikachu movie, but even then it might only make slightly more or less since at its core the Sonic movie is just the same generic "goofy fictional character travels to the real world and makes friends in New York while trying to stop the bad guy" storyline that has been done to death.

Exactly on all points. And old fans only stick with Disney in the vain hope that somehow both canons can still be reconciled even though that's fucking impossible at this point. And in regards to that comic and others like it (as well as games and whatnot), you have Vader go around killing female and male characters of all ages and species, even wookiees, without anyone getting all angry about Vader easily choking a woman to death. But a comic comes out in current year doing the same thing (and the only one of its kind whose death scene is incredibly tame compared to Dark Horse shit) and suddenly people are freaking out, crying misogyny or acting as if its some mindblowing or shockingly insulting revelation despite being nothing new to the character. Its sad to see how sensitized modern audiences have become to violence or even partial nudity in fiction (unless its queer in nature apparently because there's probably political leverage behind not getting angry about that one).

This just keeps getting worse. They're trying so damn hard to push Kylo Ren Kylombine as the misunderstood and victimized emo brat and its so fucking awkward. This truly puts Twilight and 50 Shades to shame. And you know they're only doing this because Kylo Ren is technically the only popular character from the films due to his merch being the only one that sold, so they want to make him a half-decent role model even if it makes zero sense. I wouldn't be surprised if this garbage ends with Kylo meeting his dad and then showing Snoke or Palpatine possess him to kill Han to make it look like Ren is a true good boy that dindu nuffin. Seriously, this feels like a teenage school shooter's diary or blog talking about how he's totally innocent and the world is making him do horrible things. And yeah, I'm not the least bit surprised the alien characters once again amount to nothing under Disney.

Well several old authors did sort of drop out from Lucasfilm, and Pena only came back now for some reason because supposedly Lucasfilm was desperate for something that would revitalize their novel market for an audience outside of college girls and wine moms that actually gives a shit about scifi and fantasy. And considering JJ is getting even more hate than Rian now simply because of Reylo bullshit, I wouldn't be surprised if content creators don't want to touch the brand with a 100ft pole.
Although I’m a Star Wars fan, if I was a writer or in the entertainment industry I wouldn’t want to work with the current Disney regime. The culture around Lucasfilm is corrosive and incoherent.

Gallofag

kiwifarms.net
The only hope I have is Kennedy's contract expires January of next year. We'll be stuck with her meddling for at least another year though.
Who's to say that Bob Iger won't renew her contract for another five years, I can see him doing it to sabotage Disney's new ceo to make himself look better, when he's gone.

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Although I’m a Star Wars fan, if I was a writer or in the entertainment industry I wouldn’t want to work with the current Disney regime. The culture around Lucasfilm is corrosive and incoherent.
Which honestly makes me wonder why Pena wants to put his creations into Disney canon. Knowing DL (DisneyLucasfilm), they'll just have one of their new shitty writers turn Pena's characters into deadbeats or retcon Grievous' lore down the line since they never bother to listen Hidalgo's lore despite him holding a higher position in DL than Pena. If I was an old Lucasfilm writer I certainly wouldn't want to go back working for them anytime soon.

Who's to say that Bob Iger won't renew her contract for another five years, I can see him doing it to sabotage Disney's new ceo to make himself look better, when he's gone.
I can honestly see Kennedy getting her contract renewed. People thought she would be taken out after TLJ, but the exact opposite is what ended up happening. Iger and Kennedy are too far up their own asses to see just how bad shit is. And if they can see it, they just don't care.

Gallofag

kiwifarms.net
Which honestly makes me wonder why Pena wants to put his creations into Disney canon. Knowing DL (DisneyLucasfilm), they'll just have one of their new shitty writers turn Pena's characters into deadbeats or retcon Grievous' lore down the line since they never bother to listen Hidalgo's lore despite him holding a higher position in DL than Pena. If I was an old Lucasfilm writer I certainly wouldn't want to go back working for them anytime soon.

I can honestly see Kennedy getting her contract renewed. People thought she would be taken out after TLJ, but the exact opposite is what ended up happening. Iger and Kennedy are too far up their own asses to see just how bad shit is. And if they can see it, they just don't care.
I think he just likes writing for Star Wars and has some good friends in the Storygroup, and apparently The Mandalorian has a lot of respect for older eu elements, including his work. So he has more hope of things getting better than worse at this point.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
Filoni has more power over Hidalgo at this point, they might be keeping Hidalgo in cause they don't want him to reveal the godawful state at Lucasfilm/Disney.

Pena like Zahn are caving in, makes me wonder if Filoni wants to do more mandalorian stuff in his supposed sequel series and wants Pena back to help him like Zahn, considering Thrawn's fate in rebels, I'm really concerned. Don't forget in the True Eu Thrawn had a unique realtionship with the Kaleesh species, being like the only species he encountered that he couldn't figure out so he obliterated one of there colonies with full force instead, and if the leaks are right about Thrawn and Space Aladdin in the unkonw regions and wild space, there's a good likelihood the Kaleesh will be involved, like with the Mandalorian stuff involving Sabine.

So I might be totally wrong here but this is what I think is going on. Pena and Zahn are both writing in tie-in books to Filoni's new show, and they have to keep thier mouth's shut about it until the show's officially announced. Yes they are good authors but that means we are in a wild ride of more wankery unless Filoni is put on a leash. That is why Zahn's book is being pushed back to better tie-in with it. I doubt the books will be bad but Filoni has more control over these elements then them, so yes I'm really worried, and hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Tags
None