Star Wars Griefing Thread (RISE OF THE SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net
So gang. Filoni has shown he's got an insane ego, but is not stupid ala Kathleen Kennedy or Abrams. He'll steal from the EU. So the question is, what does he steal next?
If it's Skippy, we riot.

If it's Waru, we celebrate.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the question is
This hasn't been confirmed yet but there's a rumor going around that something from KOTOR will show up in the new season, along with Thrawn and some new character for the final episodes of the season (some say Pellaeon and others say its Thrawn's new sidekick that shippers won't shut up about). Space Aladdin and the tumblr haired Mandalorian are also rumored to have an appearance or mention but nothing confirmed. Michael Biehn has been confirmed to be playing the role of an "old bounty hunter" with ties to the main character (apparently not Boba according to rumors). And the not-IG-88 from the show is apparently being brought back to life and his voice actor is confirmed to return as well which just cheapens his death imo and seems to draw too heavily from IG-88's own methods of eluding destruction that made him unique.

Gallofag

McIntosh hates Mexican Disney characters.
kiwifarms.net
This hasn't been confirmed yet but there's a rumor going around that something from KOTOR will show up in the new season, along with Thrawn and some new character for the final episodes of the season (some say Pellaeon and others say its Thrawn's new sidekick that shippers won't shut up about). Space Aladdin and the tumblr haired Mandalorian are also rumored to have an appearance or mention but nothing confirmed. Michael Biehn has been confirmed to be playing the role of an "old bounty hunter" with ties to the main character (apparently not Boba according to rumors). And the not-IG-88 from the show is apparently being brought back to life and his voice actor is confirmed to return as well which just cheapens his death imo and seems to draw too heavily from IG-88's own methods of eluding destruction that made him unique.
Please Filoni don't ruin KOTOR!

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Please Filoni don't ruin KOTOR!
Chuck Wendig kind of beat everyone to the punch when he implied that his godawful Deadpool knockoff Mr. Bones was actually a revived HK-47. Revan has also been recanonized and Rakata/Lehon was brought back in the Resistance cartoon, Galaxy's Edge and a Solo guide.

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net
Michael Biehn has been confirmed to be playing the role of an "old bounty hunter" with ties to the main character (apparently not Boba according to rumors).
Man i should be sooooo much more excited about Michael Biehn finally being in Star Wars. This should be one of the greatest days of my life. Damn you Kathleen...

HandsomeDan

Copy Gold Leader, Im already on my way out...
kiwifarms.net
Man i should be sooooo much more excited about Michael Biehn finally being in Star Wars. This should be one of the greatest days of my life. Damn you Kathleen...
Wow, yes that is an exciting casting choice, hopefully he has a significant role. Though as you say, I guess the question is how do they set about disgracing him.

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So has anyone been keeping track of the sale numbers of The Rise of Palpatine digital/disks? And its final box office?
I'm not sure. I don't think there's enough data on the digital/disk sales to surmise how well they've been doing just yet. What I can tell you about them is that Disney is doing some kind or moronic marketing thing where there are multiple versions of the film available in some stores with exclusive content, like the version at Target which has an "exclusive" listing of all the ships in the big arrival scene at the end as if anyone gives a fuck (FYI its mostly ships from the Disney movies, Aladdin's Rebels, Filoni Wars, Chuck Wendig's godawful novels and new ones no one's ever heard of). Or a version with a free poster or specific commentary. Reviews for the digital copies are all the same "this movie may have been divisive but the documentary is a masterpiece!"... Wow... a documentary about a rushed piece of shit revolving around JJ and Kennedy huffing their own farts. What joy.

The final box office for the film though I know, and it was $1,074,144,248, with 515 mil coming from the domestic gross and 558 mil coming from the international gross. For comparison, TFA made 2 billion (900mil domestically and 1 billion overseas) while TLJ made 1.3 billion (620mil domestic and 712mil overseas). So the movie only made 20 million dollars more than Rogue One, which quite frankly is incredibly embarrassing for what was falsely advertised (at the time) as the last Star Wars film (in the Skywalker saga *wink wink*). This trilogy had the potential to make Avengers-level of cash, yet it just proved to be a dud. Merch sales should've been enough to save this sinking ship, but in the end they hardly sold anything actually related to this shitfest, instead only selling OT reprints. With results like that, its not surprising that High Republic is a novel/comic-only project. Also the film made less than Joker.

Because of the recent financial losses surrounding Disney, there will be cutbacks at the park, with some claims that the GE hotel will also receive some major cutbacks like the park did, which is ironic since they cut most of the content for the park out and forced it into the hotel behind an expensive paywall/hotel fee.

Also regular reminder that the Force is female.
1585111019824.jpeg

The Mandalorian is stated to still be going on as intended, however the Kenobi and not-Kyle Katarn show along with the "animated project" (which rumors claimed was Aphra-related) have been put on indefinite hold, with some claims of cancellation due to the financial losses caused by Corona. Supposedly they're instead replacing those projects with something "safer" that will ensure more profitability, like an Ahsoka or Rebels sequel show supposedly. However even the potential for that is under fire due to the recent "trans rights" shit and flame wars among the Disney Wars fandom over Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka.
1585110688344.png

Its all a mess to be honest.

In regards to the park, you can get a quick rundown here if you don't mind Geeky's voice.

Last edited:

Giga_Nigga_28

Could black magic be called Negromancy?
kiwifarms.net
I really think Filoni did an extraordinary job with TCW. He took many aspects of the film that were only briefly touched on and thus not convincing enough by themselves (Anakin's transition, the economics and politics of the Republic) and filled it out with enough detail to give it verisimilitude. There are a hundred little details - whether it's Hondo remarking "so long as you don't pay me in Republic credits" hinting at the failing, hyper-inflating economy of the Republic; or Anakin beating the crap out of a rival suitor to Padme because he's unable to openly acknowledge their relationship and it maddens him to have to keep standing there whilst another man tries to seduce his wife. You get to see in TCW how the Republic is corrupted, how the Jedi fall and how Anakin comes to the decision that only by getting rid of the Jedi can there finally be peace.
I'm honestly surprised that people liked the politics of the Clone Wars imo those episodes are some of the worst ones in the earlier seasons. The villains are all greedy old people with all the nuance and motivation of a potato and the conflict is resolved with Padme saying democracy good. There's the episode where Padme fights againts a bill to order more clones but at no point considers that the Republic forces are overun and they desperately need new troops even though this is stated in the opening of nearly every episode previously, it's not a bad conflict but it's handled in such black and white terms it's hard to care.
The show just has an execution problem at times like when they try to introduce a 'sympathetic' Separatist lady who wants peace, seemingly forgetting the two whole season's previously where Separatists have committed every war crime in the book and the unfortunate fact that their forces are lead by General fking Grievous, lightsaber collector extraordinaire. None of the characters bring it up even though Ahsoka is right there! Then the woman dies because they writers are lazy and coming up with a more plausible reason the peace treaty fails is hard.
Personally ,I think the Mortis arc is a perfect example of poor execution: the Father spends most of the arc telling the viewer things instead of the episode showing it in an understandable manner. The Father says he keeps balance because it's necessary but what balance? The Daughter is clearly good while the Son is described as 'falling into the dark' and that his nature is the opposite of the Daughters so is the Daughter tempted by darkness? I doubt it, she's literally selfless. So that then makes the viewer think that the balance is between good and evil itself which is what exactly? Half-evil? Half-good? To maintain balance whenever you save someone do you have to then kill someone else? Incidentally TLJ raises and refuses to clarify on the exact same point.

Godzilla@1989

DESTROY US ALL!
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure. I don't think there's enough data on the digital/disk sales to surmise how well they've been doing just yet. What I can tell you about them is that Disney is doing some kind or moronic marketing thing where there are multiple versions of the film available in some stores with exclusive content, like the version at Target which has an "exclusive" listing of all the ships in the big arrival scene at the end as if anyone gives a fuck (FYI its mostly shit from the Disney movies, Aladdin's Rebels, Filoni Wars and Chuck Wendig's godawful novels). Or a version with a free poster or specific commentary. Reviews for the digital copies are all the same "this movie may have been divisive but the documentary is a masterpiece!"... Wow... a documentary about a rushed piece of shit revolving around JJ and Kennedy huffing their own farts. What joy.

The final box office for the film though I know, and it was $1,074,144,248, with 515 mil coming from the domestic gross and 558 mil coming from the international gross. For comparison, TFA made 2 billion (900mil domestically and 1 billion overseas) while TLJ made 1.3 billion (620mil domestic and 712mil overseas). So the movie only made 20 million dollars more than Rogue One, which quite frankly is incredibly embarrassing for what was falsely advertised (at the time) as the last Star Wars film (in the Skywalker saga *wink wink*). This trilogy had the potential to make Avengers-level of cash, yet it just proved to be a dud. Merch sales should've been enough to save this sinking ship, but in the end they hardly sold anything actually related to this shitfest, instead only selling OT reprints. With results like that, its not surprising that High Republic is a novel/comic-only project. Also the film made less than Joker.

Because of the recent financial losses surrounding Disney, there will be cutbacks at the park, with some claims that the GE hotel will also receive some major cutbacks like the park did, which is ironic since they cut most of the content for the park out and forced it into the hotel behind an expensive paywall/hotel fee.

Also regular reminder that the Force is female.
View attachment 1202094

The Mandalorian is stated to still be going off as intended, however the Kenobi and not-Kyle Katarn show along with the "animated project" (which rumors claimed was Aphra-related) have been put on indefinite hold, with some claims of cancellation due to the financial losses caused by Corona. Supposedly they're instead replacing those projects with something "safer" that will ensure more profitability, like an Ahsoka or Rebels sequel show supposedly. However even the potential for that is under fire due to the recent "trans rights" shit and flame wars among the Disney Wars fandom over Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka.
View attachment 1202084
Its all a mess to be honest.

In regards to the park, you can get a quick rundown here if you don't mind Geeky's voice.
I wonder if their film division will also suffer major cutbacks as well as the parks. They might have to cancel some projects (looking at you Indy).

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@nanny911 is this true? Did the novel actually imply Palpatine could return? Many here mentioned this being an obvious possibility before since there's nothing stopping him from coming back now that he has a clone body. But seeing it officially stated is just ayy lmao.
Also you mentioned this entry before right?

Lodoss Warrior

Taking the L for Lodoss
kiwifarms.net
Also the film made less than Joker.
:story:

There is some justice in this world! Fucking King of Comedy but in Gotham gave this shit-fest a one-two punch of much greater profit and higher box office total. Disney only ever speaks money: that's gotta hurt.

Speaking of, I watched the film for free on a plane. I say watch, but what really happened was I stuck up until the part where Rey magically finds a Sith Dagger that magically has the exact directions for the Wayfinder that magically has the right directions to Exegol the team magically knows is where Palaptine is hiding, but C3PO magically has a new restriction to his programming, so they have to do another fetch-quest to aid them in their bigger fetch-quest and, naturally, quit.

Folks, you don't even have to judge this film as a Star Wars film (Lord knows that does more damage to the franchise than to this collection of visual images.). As a simple visual narrative, it's just an incoherent plastering of events and words. I daresay there's not even a plot or a emotional narrative: stuff just happens, emotions fluctuate from pathetic sap to mindless action with no rhyme or reason, and there's not one moment where the action can just rest and breathe.

This is perhaps the worst-constructed film I've had the fascination of watching. Plan IX from Outer Space had a clear message and basic justification for the plot events unfolded; Freddy Got Fingered at least maintains a consistent tone of puerile "humor." The Rise of Skywalker is just the cinematic equivalent of an elementary student bashing action figures together for the sake of bashing them together; I suspect the elementary student's story makes better sense.

Cyril Sneer

The Fuct of Pepsi-Man
kiwifarms.net
Could someone better-acquainted with Filoni Wars than I give me a rundown of how Anakin's character develops (or doesn't) over the course of that series in comparison with ROTS and the Clone Wars multimedia project? 🤔

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Could someone better-acquainted with Filoni Wars than I give me a rundown of how Anakin's character develops (or doesn't) over the course of that series in comparison with ROTS and the Clone Wars multimedia project? 🤔
Most character development comes from the Clone troopers, Anakin pretty much stays the same. He has a slight arc from when first Taking on Ahsoka to when she leaves but since he's one of the movie characters nothing is drastically altered. if something major happened it would have screwed up Episode 3. Grevious' off camera stuff is different because in the movies he was not an already established film character.

Tags
None