Star Wars Griefing Thread (RISE OF THE SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
The thing that Filoni doesn't realize with the hoops he leaps through to keep Ahsoka alive is that it actually does a disservice to the character, especially in the eyes of people who like her. Ahoska's characterization and growth throughout TCW was very rich and well-earned, but a lot of that had to do with her interactions with Anakin. Lucas literally greenlit Ahsoka to be an emotional counter-balance to Anakin's character, another form of attachment that would further his descent towards the anxiety-ridden, over-attached mess we see him to be in ROTS. That was the entire point to Ahsoka's character, regardless of what Filoni tries to say or do in retrospect.

And when you remove Anakin from the equation, and start inserting her in purposeless, glorified filler like the Siege of Mandalore or post-ROTJ stories like the Mandalorian, after she's already fulfilled much of her narrative purpose and has virtually no growing left to do, her inclusion is little more than cheap pandering and shallow fan-service, which is a complete dump on her character. And Filoni doesn't even realize he's doing it.
I agree. I used to like Ahsoka but I ended up tolerating her as she made that cameo in early SW Rebels and completely hate her since Filoni brought her back from the Sith temple where she should have had that perfect ending facing her former master. The fight at the Sith temple was a great way to end Anakin's Jedi chapter of his life.
I see what Filoni is doing, he cares too much about the character, he refuses to let her go but by doing so, he's destroying the character and he is turning her into a Disney Princess and a Kreia 2.0.
The Siege of Mandalore should have been a Mandalore business, a Bo-Katan/Maul fight.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ok you know what, im doubling down with my stupid "Chewie turns into Duncan Idaho from dune and becomes the sekrit true-true chosen one" idea and am now going to shit out an even more moronic premise that nevertheless would probably not be as crappy as whatever disney has planned to fuck the franchise back to life in the future.

Sequel Sequel trilogy is set a century after disney wars. Everything has fallen apart, the republic is long dead and the empire/first order is fast dying too, with the whole galaxy ripping itself apart as some new marketable edgelord threat emerges from beyond the stars. Jedi and Sith are extinct, and all efforts to revive them have completely failed.

Enter an older, and ultra grizzled chewie, the final survivor of the old age.

He watched everyone he has ever loved and everything he has ever fought for die or be corrupted into shit, and now in the end he just wants to die a worthy death and join his friends and family on the other side.

Then one day, as he fights what he thinks will be his final battle and is about to die in order to protect a group of scavengers he has been guarding, he suddenly manifests yoda tier force abilities out of fucking nowhere himself and yeets the army of bounty hunters/nu-vong/rey cultists who had been hunting them down into the stratosphere on angry reflex when he sees them about to murder his only remaining friends

Realising they are now is the only ones able to save whats left of the galaxy from [INSERT GENERIC WANNABE LOVECRAFT SHIT HERE] he and this ragtag group of new and not-disney-tier-insufferable characters set off on a roadtrip through the galaxy to do whatever contrived shit is needed to un-grimdark the setting and unfuck the franchise, while chewie learns to both master his new abilities with the aid of Yoda/Luke's ghosts and also to let go of the two hundred years of bitterness and rage he has been carrying since before the clone wars.

Then plot shit happens for three movies, yadda yadda yadda, and the trilogy ends Jedi Master Chewbacca founding a new jedi order on Yavin 4 while a resurrected Darth Maul* finally becomes the Dark Lord of the Sith on Korriban

* He used the same dumb clone shit as palpatine did. Its both schlocky and normie pleasing so thats why I went with it. Oh yeah and in the second/third movies of this hypothetical trilogy he was fighting on the good guys side against the generic wannabe lovecraft shit to rake in the hordes of anti-hero fetishists
TLDR: Its Old Man Logan meets the Star Wars Holiday Special with a sthuper-duper-subtle parable of "bitter and crusty old fanboy who spent years getting shit on by the franchise is able to rediscover his love of consooming the product and in doing so gets the strength to prevent the lovecraftian corporate suits from purging everything and rebooting it from scratch"

Is it a shit idea drenched with tism? Absolutely, but atleast I would get to see the franchise close with grizzled jedi chewie with a lightsaber and laser-cannon fighting alongside cloned cyborg uber-maul against cthulhu wannabes rather than mrs fucking tweedy grinning like a tard in the sunset

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Is it a shit idea drenched with tism? Absolutely, but atleast I would get to see the franchise close with grizzled jedi chewie with a lightsaber and laser-cannon fighting alongside cloned cyborg uber-maul against cthulhu wannabes rather than mrs fucking tweedy grinning like a tard in the sunset
Knowing Disney they'd find a way to make that even worse than Ep 7-9, make even less sense than what you proposed, and also manage to make "Force God Chewie and Cyborg Darth Maul fighting alongside each other against Vong knockoffs" end up boring as all hell.

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net
Most character development comes from the Clone troopers, Anakin pretty much stays the same. He has a slight arc from when first Taking on Ahsoka to when she leaves but since he's one of the movie characters nothing is drastically altered. if something major happened it would have screwed up Episode 3. Grevious' off camera stuff is different because in the movies he was not an already established film character.
Sfdebris has done some clone wars reviews and it makes me laugh because his interpretation of Anakin is as a bloodthirsty Zap Brannigan like figure.

I forget which episode it is but in one Anakin yells "retreat" and Chuck replies as one of the troopers with something like "we're not sure your men know how, sir."

nanny911

kiwifarms.net
@nanny911 is this true? Did the novel actually imply Palpatine could return? Many here mentioned this being an obvious possibility before since there's nothing stopping him from coming back now that he has a clone body. But seeing it officially stated is just ayy lmao.
Also you mentioned this entry before right?
It sure did. At the end Poe looks uneasy and Finn asks him about it. Poe says Leia thought Palpatine was defeated at Endor, but he came back and now he fears he'll come back again. Finn says it's possible, but he won't come back "for a long, long time." So yeah, they leave the door open for another return of Palpatine. In Empire's End (The Dark Empire comic, not the Wendig shit) Palpatine's spirit was captured by a dying Jedi after the death of Palpatine's last clone. The Jedi assures Luke that Palpatine will be locked in Hell, and that he will "never, ever return." We don't get that assurance in the TROS.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Could someone better-acquainted with Filoni Wars than I give me a rundown of how Anakin's character develops (or doesn't) over the course of that series in comparison with ROTS and the Clone Wars multimedia project? 🤔
He stays pretty much the same throughout. It's a shame, AotC era Anakin would have made for great conflict in the earlier seasons, because he should be a dumbass who has to learn restraint. Instead, his plans have a tendency to magically succeed, even when they're terribly thought out and risky as hell. The Malevolence arc is a good example of that. I get that it's a kids show, but Genndy Clone Wars did a better job of balancing Anakin's unorthodox genius with his recklessness.

Cyril Sneer

The Fuct of Pepsi-Man
kiwifarms.net
Most character development comes from the Clone troopers, Anakin pretty much stays the same. He has a slight arc from when first Taking on Ahsoka to when she leaves but since he's one of the movie characters nothing is drastically altered. if something major happened it would have screwed up Episode 3. Grevious' off camera stuff is different because in the movies he was not an already established film character.
Maybe "character development" wasn't the best way to put it. What I mean is that Filoni fags often seem to claim that TCW "saved" Anakin by making him a better, more sympathetic, more relatable character than Anakin as he appeared in AOTC/ROTS (or presumably, the EU/Clone Wars multimedia project). My impression is that this is just the usual fanboy apologetics, but I never really watched much of TCW while it was airing (in large part because of how insufferable Ahsoka is), and my work schedule doesn't really have space for binge-watching right now, so I don't have much basis to stake a claim. 🤔

He stays pretty much the same throughout. It's a shame, AotC era Anakin would have made for great conflict in the earlier seasons, because he should be a dumbass who has to learn restraint. Instead, his plans have a tendency to magically succeed, even when they're terribly thought out and risky as hell. The Malevolence arc is a good example of that. I get that it's a kids show, but Genndy Clone Wars did a better job of balancing Anakin's unorthodox genius with his recklessness.
Thanks for the info. 👍

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net
Going through the reviews again.

This episode proves just how much 3d Grevious sucks.

This is one Chuck has great fun with.
"Find the assassin and die trying!"

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net
Aside from the hamfisted Gamergate reference and a little bit of TLJ dicksucking, the Honest Trailer this week was pretty good overall. A quick summation of all the biggest problems with the movie, easy to digest for normies who don't want to sit through a three-hour point-by-point breakdown. I particularly enjoyed the montage of Plank of Wood's dramatic reveal face at the end.
It sure did. At the end Poe looks uneasy and Finn asks him about it. Poe says Leia thought Palpatine was defeated at Endor, but he came back and now he fears he'll come back again. Finn says it's possible, but he won't come back "for a long, long time." So yeah, they leave the door open for another return of Palpatine. In Empire's End (The Dark Empire comic, not the Wendig shit) Palpatine's spirit was captured by a dying Jedi after the death of Palpatine's last clone. The Jedi assures Luke that Palpatine will be locked in Hell, and that he will "never, ever return." We don't get that assurance in the TROS.
This really shows Disney's lack of faith in their own ability to create a suitable antagonist, or even a halfway decent one. They just gotta leave themselves a little bit of wiggle room so that if another villain flops out the gate, they can pull Sheev out of their back pocket and go "MEMBER STAR WARS?!!‽" Not only can they not stop themselves from hamfistedly plundering the EU for ideas, they can't help but leave the possibility of returning to the same exact shit. Truly incredible.

ZMOT

kiwifarms.net
This really shows Disney's lack of faith in their own ability to create a suitable antagonist, or even a halfway decent one. They just gotta leave themselves a little bit of wiggle room so that if another villain flops out the gate, they can pull Sheev out of their back pocket and go "MEMBER STAR WARS?!!‽" Not only can they not stop themselves from hamfistedly plundering the EU for ideas, they can't help but leave the possibility of returning to the same exact shit. Truly incredible.
shit writers with an agenda gonna write shit villains, simple as that. if only anyone could figure out how to fix this...

I mean they don't even try anymore. like I mentioned before I played quite a bit of eafront recently, and holy fucking shit everything with the sequels is just pure shit. to make it even more obvious you also got OT stuff right next to it that simply works by not being shit. for example the announcer for the empire sounds like a dick - but that's it. meanwhile on the FO side you have it literally taking about executing everyone who resists and stamp out undesirables on some shit. OT rebels is what you'd expect from OT dialog, nuwars "resistance" is suddenly telling "you totalitarian scum" to not come back. like what?

then there's the heroes, OT dialog has nice banter, ST has... nothing. there isn't really anything they could've used because there simply isn't anything, down to the "iconic" emotes heroes are supposed to have are pretty much just random soundbites. like rey proclaiming "she needs no help" while even kylo has pieces that make him sound kinda vader-ish and fitting if you ignore anything else you know about the character.

oh and resistance in coop is utter shit, shit heroes and wonky balance. it's like even dice wants those fucktards to lose.

She must be part Zuckerberg.
in the cokeheads defense, there is even less she could've worked with than what hayden christensen had in the prequels (and got a lot of shit for). people like to meme hating sand, but man that's at least something. there's nothing in the sequels besides shitty MCU quip dialogs and even that is rare. "they fly now" is just verbal diarrhea, fuck of jj. as bad as lucas' writing was, it was at least memorable, good or bad.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pretty much what I suspected when I first found out about the film's ending. There is literally nothing stopping them from jerking off Palpatine from now until eternity while Dark Empire made it clear that his soul would remain imprisoned never to return, ensuring the ultimate evil of the galaxy never knew freedom again. Here its just an obvious set-up for another lameass sequel project in the future. Its like I said before, TFA set up a very moronic precedent by enforcing the idea that all SW movies have to be safe and distasteful retreads of ANH, ensuring that all future films likewise have to follow the exact same formula regardless if it makes sense, keeping Palpatine around as the fucking Mumm-Ra of Star Wars, always getting killed but always coming back to sell more toys in the same and predictable formula.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
Could someone better-acquainted with Filoni Wars than I give me a rundown of how Anakin's character develops (or doesn't) over the course of that series in comparison with ROTS and the Clone Wars multimedia project? 🤔
He develops over the course of the series but it's fairly subtle. His look changes little by little getting him closer to the Anakin we see in Ep. III and I feel like they made his model a little bigger and more imposing over the course of the seasons as well. If you watch the fight he has with Clovis (a rival suitor to Padme who doesn't know they're married of course) he looks pretty physically imposing. Character-wise he's much more inclined to light humour and banter in the first couple of seasons and reckless gestures like when he gives his lightsabre to Padme as a sign of his trust in her. Which is the dumbest thing he could do but completely in character with the Anakin of the earlier episodes. Later Anakin has stopped doing things like that. By the final seasons he's still making snarky remarks but they've gone from more playful wisecracks to sardonic chiding. What really begins to show is the contrast between him and the other Jedi. His men love him because he's one of them. He cares about them in a way the other detatched Jedi don't and hangs out with them. Superficially he doesn't change that much but you get more and more dark moments where the inner turmoil begins to be less and less well-hidden.

There are plenty of character moments in TCW that add to the relationship Anakin has with both Obi-Wan and the Jedi Order. You have to read between the lines but it's obvious Obi-Wan has worked out that Anakin and Padme have fooled around. But that Obi-Wan thinks it's a fling like he himself has enjoyed sometimes. When he starts to suspect that Anakin might have deeper feelings for her he warns him off. Obi-Wan is blinded by his belief that Anakin is "the Chosen One" and thinks that he'll make the right decision - i.e. remember his training. So he never really looks too closely. And in turn, you can see that Anakin really wants to tell Obi-Wan but can't. His relationship with the Order is no less complex. You'd think that he and Yoda would be at odds given Yoda's initial reluctance to allow him to be trained and their respective destinies, but it's Anakin that Yoda chooses to help him escape the Jedi temple when the other master's think he's losing his mind because like him, Anakin is a rule-breaker and sets his instincts above other's judgement.

Here are a few of my favourite character moments from TCW.

I agree. I used to like Ahsoka but I ended up tolerating her as she made that cameo in early SW Rebels and completely hate her since Filoni brought her back from the Sith temple where she should have had that perfect ending facing her former master. The fight at the Sith temple was a great way to end Anakin's Jedi chapter of his life.
Rebels was pretty bad on the whole but I did like that moment where she kicked the crap out of the two inquisitors. It was exactly what an actual real Jedi (as opposed to Kainen and Ezra) should be like faced with cheap knock-offs with crappy gadget lightsabres to make up for lack of real training. Stopping mid-fight and turning off her lightsaber because she didn't need it was a sweet little touch.

But sadly, you're spot on - she should have had her end in that temple if she had to come back in Rebels at all. Personally I'd have liked her to live by just walking away from the Sith-Jedi war. As I said before - that would have been a personal victory. But we lost that. Personally, having Anakin kill her kind of put Vader beyond redemption for me. So he turns on the emperor for the sake of his son / Padme's child. I get it... But killing Ahsoka after all their time together in the Clone Wars was just horrifying.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But killing Ahsoka after all their time together in the Clone Wars was just horrifying.
He killed countless jedi and younglings too to be honest, also the fall to the Dark Side is essentially a destruction of the old self and the birth of a new entity, one that is wholly subservient to darkness that suppresses your light half. So past means nothing to a Sith, as was the case when he tried to kill Kenobi and choked Padme, and as I said before, tragedy is sort of the point of war and it would undoubtedly be something that would cause what little good remained with Anakin untold turmoil.
But even so, Anakin wouldn't need to kill Ahsoka at all, thus avoiding further corruption for Anakin (even though it doesn't matter how much time they spent in the Clone Wars). Her death could've been caused by Dooku, Grievous, anyone really, but it would serve as something that would make Anakin's fall more believable. It would cement him with a tremendous hate and distrust for the jedi and the Republic rather than what motivated solely by ego due to them "not respecting him". Seeing her die would serve as the perfect catalyst to make him even more overprotective of Padme and even more desperate and paranoid. He could even blame Kenobi for her death, since unlike his mother, you could have Kenobi right in the middle of the situation, make Anakin resent him for it and thus make their duel more meaningful. Having Ahsoka walk away just for the sake of living doesn't add anything to her character or story as I've said in my previous post where I state the following:
Tragedy is sort of the point of war. We can't allow favoritism to dictate if a character lives or dies, not that we should go full GoT either, but from a writing standpoint, having her walkaway to do nothing of relevance for the next 30 years or become a glorified easter egg is not exactly a victory. And her death would certainly make Anakin's fall to the Dark Side more believable. It would show the reality of war, the corruption of the Republic and the Jedi that would force a child into a pointless war that they had no stake in. It would instill Anakin with more fear and paranoia, making his extreme obsession with keeping Padme alive all the more believable and mature than simply being a side effect of his mother dying. It would also make her lack of being mentioned in any prequel media or any media for that matter prior to Filoni Wars make more sense. She was never around for any big event or even took part in the reformation of Luke's academy like other surviving Jedi did. So death would've been the best explanation for that than simply saying that she was just content watching from some not-Dagobah because fans don't want to see her die. Favorite characters can die in SW, that's always been a thing, Chewbacca, Mara Jade, Anakin Solo, etc, their deaths all caused fans to become pissed off and mindlessly rageful to the point of sending death threats and whatnot, but deaths like those of Chewbacca held a great impact for the character in the public eye that was not aware of his standalone exploits, it proved that he was more than just a sidekick. He was a soldier and a hero in the end who ascended to godhood among wookiees. And I say this as someone who initially hated his death and Mara's.
Sad part is that she was probably the only consistently well-handled element in Aladdin's Rebels before her forced revival.

Last edited:

vern

kiwifarms.net
Sometimes I'm like Dave is such an overrated hack! Why is he given a pass for all his dumb shit?
You know tbh I kinda think Filoni wrote himself into a corner by introducing Thrawn back into canon in the first place. They had to find some way to get him out of the picture the moment he repaired and I doubt they could of gotten away with Rukh assassination him again since they would of had to convincingly jam the Noghiri subplot from the original 3 books into 1 season that already has a lot of subplots already and I don't think they could of used the original EU reason of Palpatine sending him to the unknown region since that would just mean letting others explain what he was doing in the ST or aftermath.
And imagining how horrifying it would of been if someone like Wendig got his grubby hands on Thrawn, is the one time I'm grateful that Filoni can be a greedy son of a bitch sometimes with characters he likes.

Last edited:

Gallofag

McIntosh hates Mexican Disney characters.
kiwifarms.net
You know tbh I kinda think Filoni wrote himself into a corner by introducing Thrawn back into canon in the first place. They had to find some way to get him out of the picture the moment he repaired and I doubt they could of gotten away with Rukh assassination him again since they would of had to convincingly jam the Noghiri subplot from the original 3 books into 1 season that already has a lot of subplots already and I don't think they could of used the original EU reason of Palpatine sending him to the unknown region since that would just mean letting others explain what he was doing in the ST or aftermath.
And imagining how horrifying it would of been if someone like Wendig got his grubby hands on Thrawn, is the one time I'm grateful that Filoni can be a greedy son of a bitch sometimes with characters he likes.
It's a lose-lose situation isn't it?

Tags
None