Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
What these joyless pink haired weirdos forget is that girls don't want to be the frumpy looking bitch that screws everything up. We want to be the kick ass chick who looks good doing it. There's a huge difference between bimbo shit like Barbed Wire and a Sarah Connor or Leia Organa.
The thing that pisses me off is the answer to "unreasonable expectation of beauty" is women shifting from looking above average to below average, while men shifting from above average to having insanely toned bodies.

Cyril Sneer

Why is the "Peace" symbol a Norse "Death" rune?
kiwifarms.net
Disneystarwarsisdumb dug up kind of an interesting photo of John Boyega:

Speculation in the comments is that the photo is from pre-TFA promotion back in 2015 or thereabouts (and his haircut seems to support this), but the question is, are those his own books? An impressive (and impressively well-loved) collection if so.

Jaimas

The Spoon Slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Speculation in the comments is that the photo is from pre-TFA promotion back in 2015 or thereabouts (and his haircut seems to support this), but the question is, are those his own books? An impressive (and impressively well-loved) collection if so.
He was #OurBoyega all along.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
I feel like the Wachowski brothers ("misgendering" intended) are good at setting up world building and even action but suck with characters and arcs for the most part. The Matrix feels like the first SW movie where they werent so arrogant and took advice and help from other members of the industry to craft a great movie. Its with the sequels they were given UNLIMITED PAHWAAAH (sorry) to do whatever they wanted and its clear they didnt intend for the matrix to have a sequel, or at least not to be continued the way they did. At least the action scenes were still top notch. Then Revolutions happened...

But my point is that they are good at creating worlds, just not good at creating characters and relationships. Jupiter Ascending could have worked REALLY well but the characters just felt so cliched and dull that it could have never worked.

To be fair the Wachowski's knew when to call it a day. Which means the Matrix will remain a franchise with an all time great movie and two passable ones. Also as I get older the matrix becomes more relavent rather than less.

The handsome tard

Currently targeting Bill Gates, you are welcome!
kiwifarms.net
To be fair the Wachowski's knew when to call it a day. Which means the Matrix will remain a franchise with an all time great movie and two passable ones. Also as I get older the matrix becomes more relavent rather than less.
The first one at least...the sequels are just going some neat action scenes and effects and thats it.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Hey guys, just wanted to give you an update on Rian Johnson's trilogy.

He says he's still talking to Lucasfilm and is waiting on them to figure out what to do.

This is different from the last time he gave us this update, but nothing's changed.

It's still totally happening, so keep talking about him manbabies.
Oh fuck, I just realized that Disney might take the shit flung at TROS as a sign that people want Rian back.

Assuming that they don't start with a clean slate, that trilogy might be looking more likely to happen...

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
Hate to break it to you:

The handsome tard

Currently targeting Bill Gates, you are welcome!
kiwifarms.net
Oh fuck, I just realized that Disney might take the shit flung at TROS as a sign that people want Rian back.

Assuming that they don't start with a clean slate, that trilogy might be looking more likely to happen...
Didnt Rian officially confirm that his trilogy isnt happening?

Saxxon

Sperging on the internet is the future of society
kiwifarms.net

TFW Boyega is probably a genuine fan of Star Wars and feels guilty for having a part on his destruction.

Matthew216

kiwifarms.net
The thing that pisses me off is the answer to "unreasonable expectation of beauty" is women shifting from looking above average to below average, while men shifting from above average to having insanely toned bodies.
I think you’ve just figured out what is really going on here. Good looking girls transform to below average looking, while men suddenly become much more toned and buff. They’re making fan-service beefcake aimed at unattractive women!

Last edited:

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
If that was Boyega's book collection, then I feel SO bad for him now.

I remember when Boyega did press stuff for The Force Awakens. You could easily tell that he was super excited to be a part of it. Ever since The Last Jedi ... That excitement just hasn't been there.

Not that I can blame him. They ruined any potential his character had ... And he most definitely had the most potential out of all the new characters. Honestly, at the end of TFA, I was kind of sad that Rey ended up being the Jedi. When Finn picked up that lightsaber, with almost no hopes of defeating Kylo, I found myself rooting for him (more than I ever have for Rey). What makes a hero interesting is when they stand up against obstacles that appear to be bigger and stronger than them. Rey never had that going for her, at any point, in this trilogy.

Flexo

Not associated with commie greeting cards
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
TFW Boyega is probably a genuine fan of Star Wars and feels guilty for having a part on his destruction.
What if @GeneralFriendliness was boyega all along?
:thinking:

I think you’ve just figured out what is really going on here. Good looking girls transform to below average looking, while mean suddenly become much more toned and buff. They’re making fan-service beefcake aimed at unattractive women!
"Femnism isn't about being equal to men, but being equal to pretty women."

Elwood P. Dowd

Turned Normie. Bye.
kiwifarms.net
I think I may just have stumbled across the mother lode. Yee Gawds. 9000 words in defense of Reylos. Oddly enough, most of the screencaps don't look like they're from Fandom Menace types, more like the SJWs accusing the Reylos of being racists. But whatever. Get cup of cofee or whatever and settle in. Enjoy! Even the Tweet that kicked it off was pretentious twaddle.

reylo-hate.PNG

When Systemic Hatred of Women Online Goes Unnoticed, What Does it Say About Us?

Flexo

Not associated with commie greeting cards
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
General Grievous is NAWT a DROID!
View attachment 1099169
Fake news designed to divide the robot horde. Your lies will not save you, meatbag!*

*Actually that is a story I would have liked to seen in some media - the republic trying to tell the droid armies their leader is partially organic and Grevious trying to save face. Could have been interesting.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think I may just have stumbled across the mother lode. Yee Gawds. 9000 words in defense of Reylos. Oddly enough, most of the screencaps don't look like they're from Fandom Menace types, more like the SJWs accusing the Reylos of being racists. But whatever. Get cup of cofee or whatever and settle in. Enjoy! Even the Tweet that kicked it off was pretentious twaddle.

View attachment 1100242

When Systemic Hatred of Women Online Goes Unnoticed, What Does it Say About Us?

I remember when they started doing this with Twilight, saying the only reason it got mocked as much as it did because it was popular with women. And not, you know, a steaming pile of sparkle shit.

Kiwi Lime Pie

So tasteful, it's spooky. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
If that was Boyega's book collection, then I feel SO bad for him now.

I remember when Boyega did press stuff for The Force Awakens. You could easily tell that he was super excited to be a part of it. Ever since The Last Jedi ... That excitement just hasn't been there.

Not that I can blame him. They ruined any potential his character had ... And he most definitely had the most potential out of all the new characters.
Initially, it was nice to see Boyega all gung-ho about being part of the SW trilogy and taking a true interest in the franchise -- especially if those books are part of his personal collection and not part of a staged publicity shot. It also helped that his character showed potential in TFA.

Instead, the character of Finn ended up being squandered and underutilized. Worse, one could argue that as a minority, his character was little more than a token whose presence merely ticked off woke checkboxes and nothing more. It's no wonder Boyega finally expressed his frustration through his candid thoughts on social media once Episode IX finished filming and edits.

How much better might it have been if Finn's defection served as the impetus for other troopers to question their programming, training, etc. -- more-so if Finn somehow convinced some of his colleagues that also served Phasma to abandon her and join him in standing up to and against the First Order. Instead, we got the mishmash of conflicting, inconsistent ideas that Disney tried to pass off as a bona fide trilogy.

Even if Episode IX has reached the 1 billion mark or matched/exceeded its expenses, the buzz over and for the film certainly doesn't seem to be there any more like it was for its predecessors at the same point in time. With every subsequent release of SW content by Disney, except perhaps for The Manadlorian, fan interest and support has consistently diminished. It remains to be seen if this leads to Disney putting SW largely on ice or if they continue to release SW content with a continued emphasis on quantity over quality.

Tags
None