Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They already filed the numbers off of the Vong and gave them a new name, but like most of their bootlegs I (and most people) don't give a shit about them since they're in one of those stupid guides or in some shitty books. I will state that it's almost certain they'll use the Vong and then go full tard and do the worst ideas from that saga in the book series, so expect exceptional amounts of blowing up OG worlds or even Nu worlds to make the threat biggerer.

Again, nothing the Rat makes is canon to me.
Counterpoint. The empire of rats will be desperate to make back the time and money invested in to star wars and have become aware one way or another of how much they have alienated the franchise's old cash cows, thus they are going to be looking for absolutely anything they can use to try and fuck the golden goose back to life

Furthermore, while I mentioned the xenomorph aesthetic of the vong and think this will be amped up to maximise marketability, I suspect the growing mainstream media lovecraft obsession, with the promised D&D Lovecraft series and the explicitly lovecraftian Doctor Strange sequel as examples of that kinda shit finding ever more funding, is going to have them wanting to go in the "dark and edgy and apocalyptic sci-fi" direction, which the Vong can be easily turned in to.

Hell maybe they will straight up combine them with the other wannabe cosmic horror shit in the old EU and have their god be Abeloth and have them spread the blackwing/Mnggal-Mnggal I-cant-believe-its-not-necromorphs zombie virus ahead of their invasion to soften up the nu-nu-republic just for maximum grimderpydark
Yep. Disney's new Thrawn series of novels (with more on the way because they gotta tard cum this cow since its their only successful novel series, despite that we already know Thrawn's pathetic future and nothing that happens here actually matters to the future) already introduced Disney's nu-Vong, except they're called the Grysk. They're super edgy and look exactly like the Vong and are apparently "alien" and have ships large enough to block out suns, except they use regular technology instead of organic which is said to be more advanced than anything else in the galaxy and they're more bloodthirsty and crazy than the Vong, except they're not religious and have little motivation for doing anything they do. The upcoming set of Thrawn books will be covering them in more detail and a plan IX guide (that wasn't by Hidalgo) from October also brings them up. Mark my words Disney is going to use these fuckers for Rey's glory.

Fucking wow, you know you made a piece of shit when you have to have a fucking comic book show all the deleted scenes.
So once again they're relying on awful DLC comics and novels to fill in the gaps and explain things (rather poorly at that) because the people in charge are just that fucktarded... For fuck's sake, if a movie can't stand on its own two legs while the media relating to it can only serve as a cheap crutch rather than an add-on/expansion then you probably didn't make a very good movie.

Gallofag

McIntosh hates Mexican Disney characters.
kiwifarms.net
Fucking wow, you know you made a piece of shit when you have to have a fucking comic book show all the deleted scenes.
The concept of dlc ruined alot of videogames now it's seeping into movies somehow worse and I hate it.

Yep. Disney's new Thrawn series of novels (with more on the way because they gotta tard cum this cow since its their only successful novel series, despite that we already know Thrawn's pathetic future and nothing that happens here actually matters to the future) already introduced Disney's nu-Vong, except they're called the Grysk. They're super edgy and look exactly like the Vong and are apparently "alien" and have ships large enough to block out suns, except they use regular technology instead of organic which is said to be more advanced than anything else in the galaxy and they're more bloodthirsty and crazy than the Vong, except they're not religious and have little motivation for doing anything they do. The upcoming set of Thrawn books will be covering them in more detail and a plan IX guide (that wasn't by Hidalgo) from October also brings them up. Mark my words Disney is going to use these fuckers for Rey's glory.
Was it Zahn's idea to name them the Grysk or some fucktard at Lucasfilm I don't think Zahn would make aliens that looks exactly like the vong and give them a different name.

Last edited:

Godzilla@1989

DESTROY US ALL!
kiwifarms.net

Gallofag

McIntosh hates Mexican Disney characters.
kiwifarms.net

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
iirc back in the day you'd actually get some good ideas of earlier cuts/drafts of movies from the comic book because they'd have to be done before the final cut to hit the shelves around the same time, like I think maybe Predator 2 and Star Trek V The Final Frontier are like this

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
http://kimcartoon.to/Cartoon/Star-Wars-The-Clone-Wars-Season-7/Episode-1?id=96113&s=beta&pfail=1
Don't know if this has been linked yet, but the "new" clone wars animated series premiered and my god was it just....mediocre. It also was just frustrating at times.

There was so much pointless and predictable expository dialogue, the bad batch are the unlikable versions of the republic commandos, and holy shit I almost had an aneurysm when they were explaining how the droids were "learning" from their tactics. No shit you morons. Humans tend to also learn your tactics to when you repeat them over and over again.

Guess What, Echo is alive....Filoni just can't fucking help himself

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
Disney's nu-Vong, except they're called the Grysk. They're super edgy and look exactly like the Vong and are apparently "alien" and have ships large enough to block out suns, except they use regular technology instead of organic which is said to be more advanced than anything else in the galaxy and they're more bloodthirsty and crazy than the Vong, except they're not religious and have little motivation for doing anything they do. The upcoming set of Thrawn books will be covering them in more detail and a plan IX guide (that wasn't by Hidalgo) from October also brings them up. Mark my words Disney is going to use these fuckers for Rey's glory.
I don't know who's idea is it, I like to believe a man like Zahn wouldn't be the one to come up with such a rip off to an already controversial part of the True Eu. I like to believe it was either Matt Martin or Pablo Hidalgo that came up with that and Zahn is just doing the best he can.

Aren't also the Grysk going to be the main villians for the Ahsoka sequel series? I guess we are right about the new thrawn book tie-ing in with that, and I bet $100 bucks on my theory that Pena is also involved somehow, do to the mandalorian stuff and possibly Kaleesh stuff that will be involved in this show he's been dropping small hints on twitter but we'll have to wait at least a few months to see how that pans out. If it doesn't work out I bet it's do to secret infighting with Matt Martin about alien languages, there might even be some nasty infighting about Grievous with Filoni and Gilroy but that's me widly speculating.
Guess What, Echo is alive....Filoni just can't fucking help himself
Filoni's biggest problem is that he can't let certain characters go and he'll think of crazy convoluted ways to bring them back, like what he did to Trench. He also wanted Plo koon to survive order 66 and George firmly said no. I think if Filoni wars wasn't prematurely cancelled when George left Dave would of added a scene of Plo koon surviving.

I don't know if this is Filoni's fault or Disney's fault but to do the Millenuim Faclon ride at Galaxy's edge Hondo is still alive and well by the time of TLJ and hasn't seem to age at all since Filoni Wars, he's even mentioned about getting old in the show so he should be at least 50 in Filoni Wars and yet somehow he's over 100 and he isn't decrepited or showed any signs of aging at all.

Last edited:

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought Iger said they were taking a break with star wars films?:thinking:
He and Kennedy are always playing this stupid game of back and forth. They so no more movies, then they say more movies, then they so no again, then yes again. Its annoying and exceptional, and if their attempting to "surprise" people through deceit, its not working. It just makes you come off as unreliable and trustworthy.

I don't know who's idea is it, I like to believe a man like Zahn wouldn't be the one to come up with such a rip off to an already controversial part of the True Eu. I like to believe it was either Matt Martin or Pablo Hidalgo that came up with that and Zahn is just doing the best he can.

Aren't also the Grysk going to be the main villians for the Ahsoka sequel series? I guess we are right about the new thrawn book tie-ing in with that, and I bet $100 bucks on my theory that Pena is also involved somehow, do to the mandalorian stuff and possibly Kaleesh stuff that will be involved in this show he's been dropping small hints on twitter but we'll have to wait at least a few months to see how that pans out. If it doesn't work out I bet it's do to secret infighting with Matt Martin about alien languages, there might even be some nasty infighting about Grievous with Filoni and Gilroy but that's me widly speculating.

Filoni's biggest problem is that he can't let certain characters go and he'll think of crazy convoluted ways to bring them back, like what he did to Trench. He also wanted Plo koon to survive order 66 and George firmly said no. I think if Filoni wars wasn't prematurely cancelled when George left Dave would of added a scene of Plo koon surviving.

I don't know if this is Filoni's fault or Disney's fault but to do the Millenuim Faclon ride at Galaxy's edge Hondo is still alive and well by the time of TLJ and hasn't seem to age at all since Filoni Wars, he's even mentioned about getting old in the show so he should be at least 50 in Filoni Wars and yet somehow he's over 100 and he isn't decrepited or showed any signs of aging at all.
I doubt Martin had anything to do with it. The man is a Disney and OT purist. Hidalgo seems likely but he really has no influence on anything outside of twitter and his ignored guides. I'm guessing Zahn wanted to use one the Unknown Regions rivals of the Chiss but Disney wouldn't let him for some reason, so he decided to use the Vong since the first novel alludes to them in the same way the Vong were originally alluded to, but then the second novel reveals them to be the Grysk. Wouldn't be the first time Disney enforced strange rules like these, with the first time being with Chuck Wendig who wanted to end his shitty books by having Mr. Bones "revert" back to being HK-47 and calling himself that but Disney told him HK was off limits despite that the company that created him already being on Disney's payroll. Same with Disney and EA telling Bioware that they couldn't make KOTOR 3. Whatever the case, I'll never understand what compelled Zahn to create something like the Grysk. And yeah I've heard word that the Grysk are apparently the big bads for Ahsoka's series and some other in-between novels set between the OT and ST, but that just makes it sound like a more shameless ripoff of the Vong (if true).

Its weird really. And it seems they wanted Trench to keep dying and coming back to life for no reason too. And a new Disney guide even says they might be able to live for centuries, so something tells me they'll keep bringing him back...

Also Ahsoka apparently looks like Whoopi Goldberg in real life... I guess this is why they won't cast Brie Larson in the role.
1582371456364.png
1582430420520.png

And apparently she meets the whole Skywalker family... And Filoni's drawing of an older Ahsoka with Gandalf has her looking young and fit, despite that she should be pushing 80 which is already the limit of a Togruta's age, unless the species has been retconned to live for hundreds of years...

Hondo surviving is even weirder because he hasn't aged and should be well over 120, despite that his species can't live past 90 and is already old enough to be on his death bed, but instead he's running about and going on adventures with Rey and friends.

Also wow, the Ewok costumes look even worse 40 years later.
1582372078372.png

Even the fur looks more fake and unnatural.

Last edited:

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
Also Ahsoka apparently looks like Whoopi Goldberg in real life... I guess this is why they won't cast Brie Larson in the role.
1582371456364.png

And Filoni's drawing of an older Ahsoka has her looking young and fit, despite that she should be pushing 80 which is already the limit of a Togruta's age, unless the species has been retconned to live for hundreds of years... And apparently she meets the whole Skywalker family...
I wouldn't be surprised if Filoni and the Story Group wants her to be Kreia 2.0/Disney Princess.
I used to tolerate Ahsoka but after what they did in SW Rebels, I just want her to die in a worst possible way.

t. a Trekkie
miss me yet.png

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can someone please explain to me the "hype" behind Star Wars? Thank you.

t. a Trekkie
What's your favorite moment in STD? I like when they talk about the power of math.

In all seriousness, it was imaginative. It doesn't have the philosophical bent of Trek, at least not most of the time, but it's very creative and oftentimes a bit less goofy than Trek's worldbuilding.

Don't know if this has been linked yet, but the "new" clone wars animated series premiered and my god was it just....mediocre. It also was just frustrating at times.
Echo being alive was planned for ages. In fact, I'm sad that season 7 isn't "canon" to Legends because Echo being alive there would be awesome. Personally, I liked the premiere. It felt like TCW had never left and it's already shaping up to be one of the good arcs. Hopefully it maintains this momentum.

Last edited:

Imperial Citizen

kiwifarms.net
1582371456364.png

And Filoni's drawing of an older Ahsoka has her looking young and fit, despite that she should be pushing 80 which is already the limit of a Togruta's age, unless the species has been retconned to live for hundreds of years... And apparently she meets the whole Skywalker family...
I believe that in the True EU, Luke lived well past the normal human lifespan. I think that it was in one of the essential guide books. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jedi could live longer than usual. Chalk it up to having a strong connection to the force and therefore a stronger connection to life.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I believe that in the True EU, Luke lived well past the normal human lifespan. I think that it was in one of the essential guide books. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jedi could live longer than usual. Chalk it up to having a strong connection to the force and therefore a stronger connection to life.
I'm not giving Filoni that; this is just him trying desperately to keep his pet characters alive and damn the logistics.

Tags
None