Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

The Decimator

Yes, Master!
kiwifarms.net
On a more positive note: Staggering as it is to say, but 15 years ago, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith came out and blew my mind as a child, cementing itself as the best theater-going experience I've ever had. The visuals, music, and quotable lines are embedded and forever enshrined in my childhood memory.

Thank you, George, for giving us the true finale to your saga, and my favorite Star Wars film.
Revenge of the Sith was the first Star Wars film I ever saw, and it was a day before it came out.

HandsomeDan

Longing for 1861...
kiwifarms.net
the show will focus on bridging the gap between ROTJ and TFA, which may mean a lot of crossover shit as both it and Mandalorian supposedly put more emphasis on the origins of the First Failures which is already an increasingly bad idea, made all the more worse with Wendig's OC Rae Sloane supposedly being a part of this.

Oh Dear God, No! If this is the route they go, then the series will be beyond dead to me. All of these rumors if even partially true are pointing to a misfit cesspool of a second season full of all the things we hate that were absent from Season 1, that made us like it in the first place.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
the show will focus on bridging the gap between ROTJ and TFA, which may mean a lot of crossover shit as both it and Mandalorian supposedly put more emphasis on the origins of the First Failures which is already an increasingly bad idea, made all the more worse with Wendig's OC Rae Sloane supposedly being a part of this.

Oh Dear God, No! If this is the route they go, then the series will be beyond dead to me. All of these rumors if even partially true are pointing to a misfit cesspool of a second season full of all the things we hate that were absent from Season 1, that made us like it in the first place.
Who knows maybe there was some course correction. We have things like Kathleen Kennedy being banned from the set which gives me a bit of hope. I want season to to be fucking amazing but knowing Disney Star Wars there's a pretty considerable chance that they will screw it up. My big concern is whether or not the wolf fucker can show some restraint in regards to utilizing his waifu.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Took the words right out of my mouth. Also its pretty telling that the most memorable thing about it was a brief reference on South Park.

Also it looks like even the worthless fucks at WatchMojo decided to make a video about all the possible tie-ins and crossovers the Mandalorian will do soon after it was announced that Filoni's Mandoginger would be in the show alongside others.
View attachment 1307588
There's also more increasing talk of this supposed "Aladdin's Rebels sequel" online which The Mandalorian supposedly leads into which sounds like a pretty bad idea considering that Rebels is basically bottom of the barrel Disney Junior shit. If these rumors are worth a damn (which I doubt and really hope its all a load of bullshit), the show will focus on bridging the gap between ROTJ and TFA, which may mean a lot of crossover shit as both it and Mandalorian supposedly put more emphasis on the origins of the First Failures which is already an increasingly bad idea, made all the more worse with Wendig's OC Rae Sloane supposedly being a part of this. I really hope this is all just a lot of Disney loyalist optimistic bullshit and that the worst the Mandalorian will have is just one episode with Filoni's OCs with no more sequel references, but my hopes have been shot down before so I wouldn't be surprised if its all true.
View attachment 1307609
Given how cheap they are, I wouldn't be shocked, since they love flinging this accusation, that this "support" for a sequel to a show that bombed hard is just a bunch of bots or cogs in Disney machine writing fake and gay comments. I mean, if over half of all twitter posts are by bots, why the fuck not? Especially since botting or farming fake responses is dirt cheap.
Who knows maybe there was some course correction. We have things like Kathleen Kennedy being banned from the set which gives me a bit of hope. I want season to to be fucking amazing but knowing Disney Star Wars there's a pretty considerable chance that they will screw it up. My big concern is whether or not the wolf fucker can show some restraint in regards to utilizing his waifu.
Haha no he can't. He invented time travel just because he couldn't stand killing his loli waifu.

Iceland Heavy

kiwifarms.net

I enjoyed the first season but I always had the feeling it would turn into a prequel show for the shitquels. The moment I hear anything about the First Order or the cucked nu-Republic I'm out.

Iceland Heavy

kiwifarms.net
I'm out already given that it's clear Filoni wants to molest and insert his OCs into it.
I'm very much not thrilled about it potentially becoming the Ahsoka and Friends Show 3.0 too but I guess it was only a matter of time. Filoni has so much goodwill even from sections of the fanbase that would normally cry foul about anything Disney that he virtually has free reign over the franchise now.

Finally got round to watching Rise of Skywalker, and would agree it's a bit of shitshow. It just jumps from one scene to the other, pretty much just making it up as they go along with stuff just happening if the plot requires it. Hey Palpatine is alive, now they have this massive fleet of Star Destroyers, oh and they have planet killing weapons as well, plus this guy was a spy all along, now this character is back, now this one is killed off screen but was actually fine etc etc. Not having a clear plan has really hurt this triology, and it's such a shame that we've had 5 films and only 1 was genuinely good.

That said, it was watchable. It wasn't Ghostbusters 2016 levels of being insultingly bad.

TruthSeekingDaimon

kiwifarms.net
but why tho????
Hey Im not the only one invested in these character only to see nothing of them in the main series.
Get rid of the originals and replace with the expanded universe incorporating everyone's favorite characters. There is also Abeloth and the origins of the force in the galaxy.
Also I never liked the originals and grew up with the side stuff like games, animated series, KOTR etc. Now that Disney has butchered the main series its high time for a reboot XD

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Hey Im not the only one invested in these character only to see nothing of them in the main series.
Get rid of the originals and replace with the expanded universe incorporating everyone's favorite characters. There is also Abeloth and the origins of the force in the galaxy.
Also I never liked the originals and grew up with the side stuff like games, animated series, KOTR etc. Now that Disney has butchered the main series its high time for a reboot XD
So just destroy the foundation because you like the roofing? pretty backwards logic if you ask me.

General F-Mantoid

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of Jedi survived order 66.
There is also Galen Marek, Ahsoka, Cal Kestis.
They dont show op in the originals. So a re write where these characters hep Luke beat Palpatine down would make sense.
What? No offense, but there's no reason to add any of them. Aside from the obvious of adding absolutely nothing other than forced Filoni-tier cameos, Starkiller operated and died before the OT. His story already came and went and he left his mark with the Rebel Alliance. Ahsoka barely even has a presence in 80% of any Clone Wars media outside of the stuff exclusively made as a tie-in for Filoni Wars and she's already in 50% of everything Disney does, and even then she barely does anything of worth in the post Clone Wars era aside from dying and coming back to life via cheap mechanics. The last dull guy is barely a blip on the radar, much less Disney canon. Also rewriting the OT is something Disney would definitely do if they could judging from their godawful novelizations which force in Ahsoka and other references which add nothing to the plot. Only way I would ever accept an OT remake/reboot is for the sole purpose of having that be the prequel/containment to Disney's godawful sequel trilogy and nu-canon, like Wendig's crap and what have you.

And speaking of novelizations, Disney made a graphic novel retelling of the OT where Luke looks like a girl and Han gets no medal for some reason.
1590015993622.png

This isn't an error since there are other panels of him without it and a few other changes. Why Luke looks like a girl though is beyond me. Strangely, the graphic novel references the Massassi sith race a few times.
Get rid of the originals
Again, no offense, but replacing the OT characters with Ahsoka and Ginger boy is nothing short of cultural heresy.
Now that Disney has butchered the main series its high time for a reboot XD
I can't argue with you there, but the way you're going about it is just as bad as Disney and makes things even messier. Best thing Disney can do is two things:

1: Go full Matt Porgcuck and just outright declare their new shit including the sequels non/alt-canon and discontinue anything relating to the sequels and stuff that changed the OT, or at best, continue it all but slap a "Myths" label on that so Reylos don't get fussy (and also because I want to see what Legends-label defenders will do when the shoe is on the other foot). Continue the Mandalorian but remove the sequel elements and softly remove the tracking chip shit and Filoni cameos. Then do what most people thought they would do and start with a clean slate, not fully recanonize "Legends" wholesale but recanonize the best of the old stuff and essential guides for lore's sake (you've got enough books and short stories the mainstream masses never read that they could easily make up practically decades of new media for people unfamiliar with them) and rewrite/remake the worst stuff (like the 70s Marvel comics, Ewoks media and Jedi Prince which have good ideas but need a seriously heavy rewrite and edit job to remove inconsistencies and bad dialogue), and do what George said and just adapt the old comics and books for shows or movies whatever, maybe even just give Genndy the rights to direct the animated EU adaptations. Once they've won back some good faith, make a new set of movies, shows, whatever set hundreds of years later where they have full creative freedom without having to step over or deconstruct the old stuff. Also give the fucking comic rights back to Dark Horse instead of the hacks at Marvel and take the exclusive game rights away from EA. Also clean house at Lucasfilm and "promote" Kennedy and her shithead minions like Porgcuck to somewhere else.

2: Just sell Lucasfilm off or put Star Wars on hiatus until people can forget how awful this era has been, and just focus on awful merch with OT characters slapped on it since that seems to be the only area they have any consistent success and no drama in.

Last edited:

TruthSeekingDaimon

kiwifarms.net
1: Go full Matt Porgcuck and just outright declare their new shit including the sequels non/alt-canon and discontinue anything relating to the sequels and stuff that changed the OT, or at best, continue it all but slap a "Myths" label on that so Reylos don't get fussy
Declaring the Kathleen-Holdo films non canon would be the first good thing to do.
But they dont have the balls to do that.
Also that means ROTJ has no sequels and we actually need a sequel featuring Grandmaster Luke. With Mark Hamil so old we will need another dude to play Luke. Wonder how they will figure that out. Now that Carrie is dead means Leia has to be replaced as well. Sure there is a huge amount of novels and comics but they arent even self consistent.
hen do what most people thought they would do and start with a clean slate, not fully recanonize "Legends" wholesale but recanonize the best of the old stuff and essential guides for lore's sake
Its incredible at much lore Kathleen-Holdo films ignore and butcher.
I just wanted to see the six lightsaber forms getting mentioned in the main series at least once and even that is too much to ask of these dipshits.
Its so insulting that I . .
Almost want the whole thing to disappear.

• Feels
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness
What? No offense, but there's no reason to add any of them. Aside from the obvious of adding absolutely nothing other than forced Filoni-tier cameos, Starkiller operated and died before the OT. His story already came and went and he left his mark with the Rebel Alliance. Ahsoka barely even has a presence in 80% of any Clone Wars media outside of the stuff exclusively made as a tie-in for Filoni Wars and she's already in 50% of everything Disney does, and even then she barely does anything of worth in the post Clone Wars era aside from dying and coming back to life via cheap mechanics. The last dull guy is barely a blip on the radar, much less Disney canon. Also rewriting the OT is something Disney would definitely do if they could judging from their godawful novelizations which force in Ahsoka and other references which add nothing to the plot. Only way I would ever accept an OT remake/reboot is for the sole purpose of having that be the prequel/containment to Disney's godawful sequel trilogy and nu-canon, like Wendig's crap and what have you.

And speaking of novelizations, Disney made a graphic novel retelling of the OT where Luke looks like a girl and Han gets no medal for some reason.
View attachment 1308436
This isn't an error since there are other panels of him without it and a few other changes. Why Luke looks like a girl though is beyond me. Strangely, the graphic novel references the Massassi sith race a few times.

Again, no offense, but replacing the OT characters with Ahsoka and Ginger boy is nothing short of cultural heresy.

I can't argue with you there, but the way you're going about it is just as bad as Disney and makes things even messier. Best thing Disney can do is two things:

1: Go full Matt Porgcuck and just outright declare their new shit including the sequels non/alt-canon and discontinue anything relating to the sequels and stuff that changed the OT, or at best, continue it all but slap a "Myths" label on that so Reylos don't get fussy (and also because I want to see what Legends-label defenders will do when the shoe is on the other foot). Continue the Mandalorian but remove the sequel elements and softly remove the tracking chip shit and Filoni cameos. Then do what most people thought they would do and start with a clean slate, not fully recanonize "Legends" wholesale but recanonize the best of the old stuff and essential guides for lore's sake (you've got enough books and short stories the mainstream masses never read that they could easily make up practically decades of new media for people unfamiliar with them) and rewrite/remake the worst stuff (like the 70s Marvel comics, Ewoks media and Jedi Prince which have good ideas but need a seriously heavy rewrite and edit job to remove inconsistencies and bad dialogue), and do what George said and just adapt the old comics and books for shows or movies whatever, maybe even just give Genndy the rights to direct the animated EU adaptations. Once they've won back some good faith, make a new set of movies, shows, whatever set hundreds of years later where they have full creative freedom without having to step over or deconstruct the old stuff. Also give the fucking comic rights back to Dark Horse instead of the hacks at Marvel and take the exclusive game rights away from EA. Also clean house at Lucasfilm and "promote" Kennedy and her shithead minions like Porgcuck to somewhere else.

2: Just sell Lucasfilm off or put Star Wars on hiatus until people can forget how awful this era has been, and just focus on awful merch with OT characters slapped on it since that seems to be the only area they have any consistent success and no drama in.
Luke sure got some dick sucking lips in that comic, how much you wanna bet the artist is a fag who fantasizes about having Luke feel his force?

Tags
None