Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

Brit Crust

Most Fashionable Bitch In Tremorton
kiwifarms.net
Like a crack addicted hooker.
View attachment 1313640
Also Vader seems to be metamorphing into some sort of insectoid, which I'm willing to accept since insects are clearly the superior lifeforms.

Edit:

I remember when that came out. It was when ratings were tanking (guess no one was interested in the adventures of Rey) so they finally put males in the cartoon but they all looked incredibly effeminate too.
Can't unsee Squirrel Girl, especially this... abomination.

1590278962011.png

Flexo

Drunk posting normal. Beware sober posting.
kiwifarms.net
Wait. Let me find some more links for you first. Some are scattered about in this overcluttered thread of 1500 pages.

Edit:
Found one.
(Wrong one... but might still be useful)
The 2012 convention one. This is gonna take longer than I thought.

Edit:
Found another.
This one is about George first mentioning a possible VII back in 2002.

Edit:
Ooh here's a good one:
Zahn saying George probably planned the sequels to focus on Luke's kids. I remember Mark Hamill once saying that he loved the idea of one day getting to a thing as Luke where he hands his lightsaber over to his son Ben.

Edit:
Here's another one from 2015:
Mark claims George wanted to do a sequel trilogy during filming of the OT and wanted Luke to hand down Excalibur to get next generation.

Edit:

The quote was from the old hyperspace interview on the old official SW forums before Disney nuked it. Wookieepedo has put so much focus on Disney crap that they no longer bother to archive shit, letting the past die. However I have an old Hyperspace folder, there's hopefully something in there.

Edit:
Annudah one:
This one has art I've never saved before and it has multiple pages of content.
View attachment 1316213
Also Orange Yoda was actually going to be a member of the Yoda tribe.
View attachment 1316216
Half of the article's info though comes from after George left and they try and mix his stuff with the stuff made by JJ and the lot after he left, so not all of what's in this article was part of George's treatment, for example the resistance shit.

Yes, but having links from multiple sources helps to make sure people don't try and disprove you. I dread using shit like Polygon, but naysayers won't usually argue against them. As for books, do you want specific names? Because I can point you in the direction of Star Wars Insider which contain a lot of info and interviews with George concerning his ideas and views on the Force.
You know, I'm not entirely thrilled with the SW canon ever fully establishing Yoda's species and details therein as that ruins a lot of the mystery. (and like was Yoda the exception or the rule as far as Force using went) But if they were to reveal that they are the eponymous Whills... that may be the only acceptable answer.

I'm also still pissed they made Kylo's real name "Ben." And rereading your earlier "first draft" post makes me really annoyed they didn't stick with "Talon." Because "Talon Solo" does sound kind of bad ass.

Some of you may remember that in RotJ, there are these "attendants" that Palpatine is seen talking to in RotJ. (it's so brief, I can't even find an image of it with a quick search - may dig through my copy of the films later)

Yeah yeah, they probably had an extensive backstory. BUT! What if the sequel trilogy had revealed that one of those was actually Snoke? And he had an obsession with trying to bring the emperor back which led to the creation of Rey.

You could have even used that in 9 - even after Snoke's death, Rey follows his trail to find the labratory he was using and there's your half-done clone of the emperor for your showdown.

I mean - I can't even call plan 9 lazy any more, because if you wanted to be lazy, you'd probably still come up with a more workable idea than what we got. Instead it seems like they had to put in effort to get it as bad as they did.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, I'm not entirely thrilled with the SW canon ever fully establishing Yoda's species and details therein as that ruins a lot of the mystery. (and like was Yoda the exception or the rule as far as Force using went) But if they were to reveal that they are the eponymous Whills... that may be the only acceptable answer.

I'm also still pissed they made Kylo's real name "Ben." And rereading your earlier "first draft" post makes me really annoyed they didn't stick with "Talon." Because "Talon Solo" does sound kind of bad ass.

Some of you may remember that in RotJ, there are these "attendants" that Palpatine is seen talking to in RotJ. (it's so brief, I can't even find an image of it with a quick search - may dig through my copy of the films later)

Yeah yeah, they probably had an extensive backstory. BUT! What if the sequel trilogy had revealed that one of those was actually Snoke? And he had an obsession with trying to bring the emperor back which led to the creation of Rey.

You could have even used that in 9 - even after Snoke's death, Rey follows his trail to find the labratory he was using and there's your half-done clone of the emperor for your showdown.

I mean - I can't even call plan 9 lazy any more, because if you wanted to be lazy, you'd probably still come up with a more workable idea than what we got. Instead it seems like they had to put in effort to get it as bad as they did.
Talon was the name of the evil Twi'lek though and she had no relation to the Solos as far as we know. In fact she was simply known as Jedi Killer and was based on Darth Talon from SW Legacy and was a character who George had a special fondness for.

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
Talon was the name of the evil Twi'lek though and she had no relation to the Solos as far as we know. In fact she was simply known as Jedi Killer and was based on Darth Talon from SW Legacy and was a character who George had a special fondness for.
1) There was a Talon before her.
2) So you make Han's and Leia's child a daughter and then let her fight Rey. (possibly in some mud)

Again it's kind of funny that for all their wanting of subverting the past, they don't bother actually thinking outside the boxes enough. So you give the series a female hero for a first. Why not a female villain? No, we just got Phasma as a last-minute insert, they weren't even planning on her.

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yoda's species was always the ultimate taboo. Not even George wanted to talk about them and forbade any... I've actually been over this before, but to sum it up, if Disney tries to write their own lore about them, that's pretty much breaking the ultimate taboo. Only thing that is certain is that Yoda's kind were not the Whills, but their importance was probably on par with those of the Precursors at the very least, or maybe they were the "shamans" of the Whills, relaying their info for them. They certainly have that shaman vibe.
1590290801926.jpeg

Last edited:

God of Nothing

kiwifarms.net
Yoda's species was always the ultimate taboo. Not even George wanted to talk about them and forbade any... I've actually been over this before, but to sum it up, if Disney tries to write their own lore about them, that's pretty much breaking the ultimate taboo. Only thing that is certain is that Yoda's kind were not the Whills, but their importance was probably on par with those of the Precursors at the very least, or maybe they were the "shamans" of the Whills, relaying their info for them. They certainly have that shaman vibe.
View attachment 1316669
Their species have the cutest fifty-year olds ever.

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
There was also a teenage member called Minch from a potentially non-canon comic who may or may not have been Yoda who was the "creator" of the Dark Side Cave on Dagobah.
1572547269572.jpeg

The name Minch came from Yoda's unused given name from an early version of ESB, so his name would've been Minch Yoda, with Yoda being the family name. Early concepts also had Yoda be blue and naked.
I remember that Tales issue. I thought it was always supposed to have been a story of Yoda's padawan days. Hence why he went to dagoba, because he knew the cave was there.

Here it is.

In fact I highly recommend everyone check out in addition the stories Bad Day, Kessel Run, and Lunch Break too.

TruthSeekingDaimon

kiwifarms.net
Like a crack addicted hooker.
View attachment 1313640
Also Vader seems to be metamorphing into some sort of insectoid, which I'm willing to accept since insects are clearly the superior lifeforms.

Edit:

I remember when that came out. It was when ratings were tanking (guess no one was interested in the adventures of Rey) so they finally put males in the cartoon but they all looked incredibly effeminate too.
Im not even a Star Wars fan and this makes me sad.

RiceofSkywalker

Just a chink off the old block.
kiwifarms.net
Browsing that concept art right there lit up this warm, welcoming feeling for me, something I haven't felt for SW material in a long time. It made me, a pessimistic old EU-loving bastard, feel excited again about Star Wars, about what could've been.

Given that I suck at art I can't explain my reasoning, but those snippets right there have that "George Lucas" soul to them. They are nothing like those atrocious visuals of Disney's comics and merch, most of which look like knock-offs made for/by Winnie the Pooh's chosen people.

Thank you @GeneralFriendliness for posting things that remind me why I like Star Wars. For that same reason, thank you @Mississippi Motorboater , @Cyril Sneer and others I'm missing right now for covering equally enjoyable material I've never experienced before (save through old Wookiepedia's once-decent articles).

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Or is it because she ignores the lore and alters the character to fit her own agenda 🤔?
In previous novels, Halsey is cool, often cold, calculating and logic-driven, but eventually realizes that her actions have destroyed the lives of her Spartans, and she devotes her life to saving them and herself from what she believes to be a losing war. She's presented as being cold or ruthless to outsiders, but extremely protective of the few friends she has--a few AIs and most importantly, her Spartans. Said Spartans never had any resentment toward her over what had been done to them. In many cases they refer to her as their mother figure.

In Traviss' version Halsey is no longer cool, rational, and self-dependent but a crazy, whiny and irrationally angry character with no concern for any person besides herself. She's now just a crazy mad scientist who did terrible things all on her own whim. And every other character now apparently hates her, and treats her like shit. Karen spends all her time beating her headcannon into the readers' heads with a sledge hammer throughout THE ENTIRE BOOK. The fact that Halsey was the SAVIOR of mankind is something she just doesn't seem to get.

Plus they're all the canon inconsistencies like that Spartan-2, who was never mentioned anywhere before. Her Sangheili are exceptional aliens that all hate humans. And for some reason the Elites all apparently believed that Humans were parasites that took over the body of some insectoids, because of their armor. Which is fucking stupid.
Late as fuck, but I've never gotten her hate for Halsey but love for the Mandalorians. The Mandalorians are nearly as if not as nasty as Halsey. Halsey's pretty much the nicest person in ONI, and that's saying something.

Last edited:

Cyril Sneer

The Emperor's New Swood
kiwifarms.net
Browsing that concept art right there lit up this warm, welcoming feeling for me, something I haven't felt for SW material in a long time. It made me, a pessimistic old EU-loving bastard, feel excited again about Star Wars, about what could've been.

Given that I suck at art I can't explain my reasoning, but those snippets right there have that "George Lucas" soul to them. They are nothing like those atrocious visuals of Disney's comics and merch, most of which look like knock-offs made for/by Winnie the Pooh's chosen people.

Thank you @GeneralFriendliness for posting things that remind me why I like Star Wars. For that same reason, thank you @Mississippi Motorboater , @Cyril Sneer and others I'm missing right now for covering equally enjoyable material I've never experienced before (save through old Wookiepedia's once-decent articles).
Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad that we've provided some material of interest to you. ❤

On a related note, I'm trying to get a SW picture thread going in the Art forum. Fan-art, official art, cartoons, memes, schematics, whatever. If you have any particular favorite Star Wars images, please stop by and share them. 🙂

Late as fuck, but I've never gotten her hate for Halsey but love for the Mandalorians. The Mandalorians are nearly as if not as nasty as Halsey.
The Mandalorians got up to some pretty crazy stuff over the eons, but by the time that Traviss started writing for Lucasfilm it had already been well-established that at the start of the movie timeline their warrior-culture had mellowed to the point that they would make it a point of honor to kill other Mandalorians who harmed the innocent or helpless.

Halsey's pretty much the nicest person in ONI, and that's saying something.
Not really. You can't subject dozens/hundreds of children to bone-breaking chemical and surgical alterations to their bodies for the purpose of turning them into involuntary killing machines and still be a "nice" person in any meaningful sense of the word. Realistically, to do these things, she'd either be some sort of foaming-at-the-mouth fanatic or a dead-eyed sociopath, and as I said previously, I think Traviss was far more lenient with Halsey than the character's actions warranted.

Last edited:

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I didn't want to do more news shit, but I figured why not since that's what some are most interested in...

Despite the absolute bliss that has been the hiatus of Marvel's Disney Wars comics because of Corona, Marvel has revealed that the DW comics will continue in June, strangely some like the main DW comic (where Leia is frozen in carbonite cuz fuck it) and the Vader one won't continue until August.
Sadly, Dr. Aphra is scheduled to return in her new ESB-period story too, but its been postponed for late July.

Mandalorian really is not bringing back Boba Fett... Morrison is probably only playing Rex while Olyphant plays Wendig's godawful OC. It was a fucking ruse and both Boba and Bossk got fucking shat on by Disney. Thank you Mr. Wendig and your godawful books. Here's an article covering this.
There are actually idiots celebrating this because they love Corncob (Wendig's OC, I forget his name), however at least some on SW chats and whatnot are hoping that the story involves Boba hunting down this guy to get his armor back, but that ain't fucking happening considering the point in time Mandalorian takes place. And all this so Filoni could have his precious Rex in live action. Will probably have him dressed up as Nik Sant to boot... Sweet fuck. I also "like" how Slash's article talks about Corncob as some enigmatic and famous figure while speaking fondly of Wendig's trash.

The only way this would work is if this really isn't Wendig's OC but rather Jodo Kast, a character from the 90s comic who was a bounty hunter who made a living posing as Boba. After the infamous Boba died on Tatooine, Jodo posed as a Mandalorian and painted his armor like Boba's while stealing his name in order to get the best jobs and notoriety. He was then killed by the real Boba Fett a year later. However, Mandalorian takes place long after that (but that hasn't stopped Disney). But all things considered it will most likely be Wendig's shitty OC who will "nobly" take up the mantle because we can't have nice things and Wendig portrayed his OC as a noble sheriff with a cookie cutter tragic past who bought Fett's armor and lives on Tatooine, and since the show is on Tatooine now, we're most likely going to get that. I part expected this after Favreau made a cryptic tweet on the day after Wendig was fired. Only other way is that Fett just straight up kills this newfag and it reveals that his armor was fake, effectively rendering Wendig's shit into apocrypha. But people won't be happy about that because they have a celebrity hard on for Olyphant, so its all fucked.

Regardless, its already but confirmed that this jerk will be wearing the armor despite Morrison looking the right age.

Also the Calrissian Andor shitshow for Disney+ is apparently still in the works (or a newbie actress is looking for attention), as Enfys Nest's actress teases being in that shitshow. Not surprising since rumor has it that shit show will be nothing but "recycled shit: the show" where they apparently use up all the unused shit they were going to have for the unmade Solo sequel.
1590359138292.png

Cyril Sneer

The Emperor's New Swood
kiwifarms.net
There are actually idiots celebrating this because they love Corncob (Wendig's OC, I forget his name)...
"Cobb Vanth" which is terrible because it sounds like one part nerd hard-on for Firefly and its associated Whedonisms, and one part lisping pronunciation of "Vance" which is about how I'd expect Wingding to talk.

And all this so Filoni could have his precious Rex in live action. Will probably have him dressed up as Nik Sant to boot... Sweet fuck. I also "like" how Slash's article talks about Corncob as some enigmatic and famous figure while speaking fondly of Wendig's trash.
Even before I jumped aboard here and the full extent of Filoni's malfeasance was revealed, this was one of the things (aside from the Ahsoka favoritism) from that wolf-loving dork that really put a bad light on him. Like, sure, go summarily write some poor schmuck's likeness and character-name out of Star Wars continuity just so you can keep pushing your increasingly thread-worn OCs into everything forever. That's not in bad taste at all...

The only way this would work is if this really isn't Wendig's OC but rather Jodo Kast, a character from the 90s comic who was a bounty hunter who made a living posing as Boba. After the infamous Boba died on Tatooine, Jodo posed as a Mandalorian and painted his armor like Boba's while stealing his name in order to get the best jobs and notoriety. He was then killed by the real Boba Fett a year later. However, Mandalorian takes place long after that (but that hasn't stopped Disney). But all things considered it will most likely be Wendig's shitty OC who will "nobly" take up the mantle because we can't have nice things and Wendig portrayed his OC as a noble sheriff with a cookie cutter tragic past who bought Fett's armor and lives on Tatooine, and since the show is on Tatooine now, we're most likely going to get that. I part expected this after Favreau made a cryptic tweet on the day after Wendig was fired. Only other way is that Fett just straight up kills this newfag and it reveals that his armor was fake, effectively rendering Wendig's shit into apocrypha. But people won't be happy about that because they have a celebrity hard on for Olyphant, so its all fucked.

Regardless, its already but confirmed that this jerk will be wearing the armor despite Morrison looking the right age.
There was a rather decent article from "Fandom" of all places a couple of days ago proposing the possibility that perhaps Boba simply "discarded the acid-scarred plates in favor of something better" after escaping the Sarlacc (which isn't out of the realm of possibility; counting The Holiday Special/Droids, Fett has at least three different armor sets), but no sense in getting one's hopes up with all this talk of Wendig and Filoni's OCs coming in and shitting up the place, I guess (as much I'm really, really hoping for a Twin Engines of Destruction homage).

Last edited:

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
Despite the absolute bliss that has been the hiatus of Marvel's Disney Wars comics because of Corona, Marvel has revealed that the DW comics will continue in June, strangely some like the main DW comic (where Leia is frozen in carbonite cuz fuck it) and the Vader one won't continue until August.
https://www.comixology.com/Star-Wars-2020-5/digital-comic/836884 Sadly, Dr. Aphra is scheduled to return in her new ESB-period story too, but its been postponed for late July.
FYI: I did another Ollie's run and decided to get Han Solo, Lando, and Poe Damaron (I didn't have the heart for Leia) trades for $4 each. Is anybody curious about reviews, images, etc?

vern

kiwifarms.net
There are actually idiots celebrating this because they love Corncob (Wendig's OC, I forget his name), however at least some on SW chats and whatnot are hoping that the story involves Boba hunting down this guy to get his armor back, but that ain't fucking happening considering the point in time Mandalorian takes place. And all this so Filoni could have his precious Rex in live action.
Didn't they already retcon Rex into live action by saying he was one of the background rebels in RoTJ.

Giga_Nigga_28

kiwifarms.net
Didn't they already retcon Rex into live action by saying he was one of the background rebels in RoTJ.
So wouldn't he be fucking dead by the time Mandalorian starts? I hope we get some of those Trandoshan hunters from Tcw in this season, that 'padawan lost' arc was pretty good and a less pg version would honestly be pretty cool (or that prison fight club thing from Fallen Order.)

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looks like ubercuck SWExplained decided to shill in for Wendig's OC in the Mandalorian...
Star Wars Explained.jpg

So wouldn't he be fucking dead by the time Mandalorian starts? I hope we get some of those Trandoshan hunters from Tcw in this season, that 'padawan lost' arc was pretty good and a less pg version would honestly be pretty cool (or that prison fight club thing from Fallen Order.)
As long as its not Filoni's OCs. There's more than enough trandoshans in the universe and too many Filoni OCs running around as it is (but considering everything else of his Filoni's forcing in, that may be the case).
Yes. They even retconned Nik Sant into wearing Rex's bracers.
1590371094048.jpeg
1590371204204.png
1590371238370.png

Filoni is desperate to have his OCs break into the OT. Its the main reason he gave Rex a beard.

Tags
None