Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

cjv97

A someday artist... oh and a Jedi hunter too.
kiwifarms.net
I wish Disney's shit would flop so hard that they would sell SW but honestly, they never will.
I wish but I bet the only thing that would been the same is Filoni.

I know this not gonna happen but i just wanted see not the best but a decent Clone Wars-like show just so i can see a on-screen Grievous being portrayed perfectly and not so underpowered to the dirt. so I wouldn't have to worry about fans shitting on Grievous all the time cause we're still stuck with Filoni shitty version of Grievous where he too underpowered to the dirt, only win when he defeated undead zombie, clone trooper but not any Jedi, all that just to shame him because it didn't make sense for a great general to become subservient and not really seeing Grievous able to win a lightsaber fight against Ventress only because doesn't have any Force power while willing to play dirty to win also he became a joke all the way until S7.

I really wish we could've seen something similar like this on-screen in the Filoni Wars and I feel like there a lot of miss opportunity.
RCO020_1472706756.jpg

Last edited:

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also Hal Hickle director of ILM and lead animator for the prequels drank the koolaid.
https://disneystarwarsisdumb.wordpress.com/2020/07/24/the-hickel-hole/ Everyone at Lucasfilm is corrupted it seems.
This guy is so stupid. Grant, for a minute, that all the examples people give for Lucasfilm employees being antagonistic in the thread really are wrong, and anyone who got offended after reading those tweets just misinterpreted the message. I can give an example that would counter his motto of "just be nice" and "let people enjoy things":
pablo-snoke-stickers.jpg

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
kiwifarms.net

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mandalorian got nominated for Best Drama at the Emmys.
Wonder how many favors the Rat called to get that particular nod? Because they don't have the money to bribe.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As bad as Disney's Star Wars has been, The Mandalorian is the best thing they've put out. Maybe this nomination can convince them to not shove in unnecessary crossover characters from Filoni's shows (yeah, I'll get rated optimistic for this one).
Dave's deadset on doing this though, likely because he believes that if his OC sues are live action, they can finally fully count. This is a man who I wholeheartedly believe cried when the Clone Wars movie wasn't liked. He already runs to the producer or executives to tattle and demand things behind his coworkers, so I don't see him as much more than a manchild anyway.

James Roancrest

kiwifarms.net
Dave's deadset on doing this though, likely because he believes that if his OC sues are live action, they can finally fully count. This is a man who I wholeheartedly believe cried when the Clone Wars movie wasn't liked. He already runs to the producer or executives to tattle and demand things behind his coworkers, so I don't see him as much more than a manchild anyway.
Yeah, you're probably (and unfortunately) right.

nanny911

kiwifarms.net

I've expected this since May or so, but now rumour has it that the Plan IX comic has been cancelled. I had a feeling this would happen simply because Karen Houser hasn't uttered a peep about it in months (plenty about her AC town, tho) and the fact that it's the only comic on Wookieepedo that didn't get a new release date. I pretty much agree with Nerdotic in his video, I hate Disney Wars but it's still sad that the tradition of comic adaptations has ended and all because of Bat Flu. The comic would've sucked ass because Houser is a dogshit writer but I'm sad that I can't review it and tear it apart with y'all like I did the novel. Interestingly enough, Nerdotic mentions that Houser was told to stay silent about the comic which reaffirms what Rinzler said about Disney keeping all writers under lockdown in regards to projects until the last second.

The embarrassing fall of Star Wars continues with a whimper, and it is amazing how quickly world events overshadowed Star Wars IX.

The Fresh Maker

kiwifarms.net
While Mandalorian is the best product Disney Star Wars has put out, that is definitely not a high bar. While I enjoyed Mandalorian, it sure as shit isn't worthy of any drama awards. Shit is literally just a Clint Eastwood movie with a Star Wars skin.
I mean, award shows are shit anyway. They're run by people who have shit taste and don't understand the very concept of art. I mean just look at the Oscars.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
While Mandalorian is the best product Disney Star Wars has put out, that is definitely not a high bar. While I enjoyed Mandalorian, it sure as shit isn't worthy of any drama awards. Shit is literally just a Clint Eastwood movie with a Star Wars skin.
I really liked the first season, but basing it on the leaks, I'm calling season 2 The Filonilorian.

GeneralFriendliness

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently another Disney project just got cancelled ya'll! The Plan 9: Rise of Soywalker comic from Marvel just got canned despite massive shilling a few months ago. Along with many other comics still in hiatus or on hold, who knows what else to expect.

Edit: Fuck. Ninja'd by Nanny.

This is pure gold parody material here. If Indiana Jones was real, I fully expect this to happen or for this to be used as a reason for why he needs to be replaced with a female OC by Disney.
That High Republic redesign is top tier stuff, just like the other redesigns he's done. God damn, I wish the guy was actually doing the art on the project.

As for the Jabba/cantina movie, it's the first I've heard of it but I'm bummed for multiple reasons. It COULD work, but it needs a capable writer/director behind it. Someone who could do the gritty crimeworld aspect.

As mentioned, it would have to delve into hard crime, drugs, sex, and prostitution. Disney would shy away from that. The old EU could do it tastefully. Remember Guri? The blonde human female droid that Xizor occasionally slept with because she was so lifelike? That wouldn't be done today. (Which is a damn shame because it was a great way to analyze both characters. Xizor for his unabashed degenerate behaviors and Guri as she went from being a standard droid who followed orders unquestionably, to becoming a sentient being who decided whom she slept with.)

If you want to do organized crime, you can't do the standard "tell, don't show" Disney defaults at.
Honestly a cantina movie could've worked if they followed a theme similar to Tales from the Cantina. A noire style detective or rogue story as the protagonist ends up becoming affiliated with influential people in the Cantina, like its owner Chalmun or barmaid Ackmena as he explores the stories of its many patrons for clues and info for whatever the hell the mcguffin or case might be.
1595983650660.jpeg

And as you said, the book covered all areas; crime, drugs, sex, drinking, cheating and assholes of all kinds. One of these stories even became mainstream and even spawned a great parody on youtube, that being the story of Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes.
With the eponymous cantina band having been royally screwed over by their band leader by his own greed and bad habits.

There's enough material in the book for not just serious shit but even comedy.
1595984235900.png
salt.jpg
Like this asshole ruining his life and eyesight due to salt being like ultra-cocaine to his kind. Partly referenced in Disney but they dropped the obvious cocaine parallels and simply mention that his eyes turned yellow from drinking too much juice.

Then there's the classic Bogart scenario "always be careful around pretty dames".
1595985710648.png

You might end up getting more than what you bargained for... And that's not a tranny joke I swear. This one was also written by Zahn.
Could easily be antagonists in such a film.

Then there's the horror genre that will make you say "yeah, this is why you shouldn't fuck outside your species".
1595985034690.jpeg

Dude on the left, a sick old perv and bounty hunter who's been around the block one too many times and now just wants to find the weirdest and easiest game he can fuck and go where no alien goat man has gone before. The "chick" on the right, a young and impressionable reptoid lass of sophisticated upbringing who wants to experience a dangerous and passionate romance full of risk away from the traditions of her home planet. However one of them is about to find that when you play stupid games, you win terrible prizes. Surprisingly still canon in Disney, but they keep it vague, simply describing them as "the dangers of romancing".

Or some genuinely emotional subplots.
1595984421978.png

Like Muftak and Kabe. One is a lonely and miserable beastly being who has lived as an outcast on a hot desert world his whole life with no idea of who or what he even is, while the other is an orphaned child who he took pity on, seeing a kindred spirit also abandoned in a cruel world, with both making a living doing lowly oddjobs just to get by and the only escape from their misery being their only friend in the world, liquor... A cruel indulgence but the only escape, even for a child, in this mad town of scum called Mos Eisley. The only thing keeping him going being the desire to make enough money to buy a way off Tatooine and take Kabe to her species home planet so she knows that she at least has a better place to go to, unlike poor Muftak himself who has no idea what he is nor does anyone else, but if he can give this poor child a chance he could never have, he'll surely give it. Could easily be secondary main characters to the main protagonist of such a film if it were to have been made.

Crime.... and bigotry done right unlike in most Disney shit.
1595986940458.png

This droid hating son of a bitch has more than his fair share of bloody skeletons in his closet.

And many more.
1595985903798.png

However the last one was... quite the odd doozy... In short love is blind. Like really fucking blind. I mean I get what the authors were doing, showing that wisdom and love are not limited to appearance in a world of so many life forms, but its so really freaking odd. Yet I can't stop thinking about it...

It along with the Anakin/Kenobi comic, Luceno's stuff and maybe the first EAfront is probably one of the few things Disney's hasn't completely fucked up at, but shitty sequel aliens and references aside, the show is good but the Tracking Fob nonsense bothers me to no end. Its not just some detector, its a device that according to Disney info leads you straight to whatever or whoever you're looking for no matter where you are in the galaxy with utmost precision, thus eliminating the need for investigation, search and risk. It can perfectly track whatever or whoever you want and is about as broken as the "tracking system" shit in TFA. Compare this to (something more mainstream about bounty hunting here) the Jango Fett video game. In that game, your main target is a rogue batshit crazy leader of a drug cartel. But you just don't pull out a remote control from your ass that leads you right to her hideout, you have to jump through flaming hoops and leap over all kinds of hurdles to find her or anyone that can lead you to her, and instead of a magic "fob", you have a holonet database detailing rumors and last know locations for fugitives, and a scanner which can analyze faces in crowds to match up with visual records rather than lead you straight to the perp. The best way for Jango to capture his target was for him to study what was known about the cartel and find bounties wanted by rich and influential people in the underworld and thus deliver them to the influential fucks and instead of money demanded info on how to "meet or work with" the elusive leader of the drug cartel. By just adding a mcguffin tracker, you end up taking away one of the best parts about bounty hunting, that being the hunt. So to make the show interesting, they had to make the hunter become the hunted because there's not much else they can fucking do... Hence why the Egg episode was probably the one that caught my interest the most.

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chewbacca is only a memberberry to remind us that the Disney Trilogy is suppose to be "Star Wars."
jewbacca, like song of the south is a metaphor for the walt disney corprations feelings towards black people:

they either suppress it from history enough to trick people into thinking it's Birth of a Nation and/or they treat it, the non-white, as lesser than his white bread (or in daisy ridley's case, white board) contemporaries

Tags
None