Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
I think it had more to do with Disney not being able to sell their own bullshit since 20+ years of material already existed.
They could if they let most of the orignal authors continue their work. But they have a shitty system of picking and choosing there authors, often based on idealogy. not talent. It's funny Nu-Lucasfilm has a more restrictions for their writers, yet they still manage to breed more contradictions in the span of five years, than the old eu did in 25+ years.

They even couldn't keep consistency for one page in a fucking guidebook.
kallesh.png

Last edited:

GeneralFriendliness

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They could if they let most of the orignal authors continue their work. But they have a shitty system of picking and choosing there authors, often based on idealogy. not talent. It's funny Nu-Lucasfilm has a more restrictions for there writers, yet they still manage to breed more contradictions in the span of five years, than the old eu did in 25+ years.

They even couldn't keep consistency for one page in a fucking guidebook.
View attachment 1481377
JW Rinzler pretty much confirmed that everybody at Lucasfilm has no idea what they're doing and are completely unaware of what others are working on. And with even editors not being allowed to do their job, its no wonder how fucked this bullshit is.

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
Mandalorian got nominated for Best Drama at the Emmys.
This isn't that far fetched. It's always a relative test and while Mandalorian is a hair above average as a show in comparison to all shows ever made, in relation to all the other shows that could potentially be nominated last year, it probably wins.

GeneralFriendliness

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whatever happened to that article IGN published saying 'Rise of Skywalker is on track to being the best movie of all time" or something like that? I was reminded of it by a RLM video but a search brings up nothing.
Hey you're right. I remember the article but all I keep getting is pointless articles about fan theories and celebrity cameos in IX if I try to look it up. Looks like they bit off more than they could chew.

Also speaking of IX, the death of the Plan IX comic book reminded me of the shitty Kylo Ren tie-in comic for IX. Aside from all the pointless bullshit it introduces, the comic mentions that it was Luke who disfigured Snoke, yet in Plan IX we see that the clone Snokes are already deformed while still growing in their womb tanks. And this comic came out after IX to promote it, so this fucking shit can't even remain consistent with the movie it was supposed to help promote.
1596026690296.png
thinking about... us.png

Also femSnoke still looks fucking weird @Judge Holden .

Cactuar King

kiwifarms.net
Hey you're right. I remember the article but all I keep getting is pointless articles about fan theories and celebrity cameos in IX if I try to look it up. Looks like they bit off more than they could chew.

Also speaking of IX, the death of the Plan IX comic book reminded me of the shitty Kylo Ren tie-in comic for IX. Aside from all the pointless bullshit it introduces, the comic mentions that it was Luke who disfigured Snoke, yet in Plan IX we see that the clone Snokes are already deformed while still growing in their womb tanks. And this comic came out after IX to promote it, so this fucking shit can't even remain consistent with the movie it was supposed to help promote.
View attachment 1481581View attachment 1481600
He looks like that androgdynous as fuck, maybe transgender villain from Outlast 2
Snoke.png

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
It's an anorexic version of Natalie Mars.
Jokes aside, I know I've said it several times in this thread but it's really depressing to see the lack of imagination when it comes to the aliens designs (either humanoids or not) in the Disney Wars era.
I think there's only like two nu-alien designs I like out of the disney era.

• Feels
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

jspit

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1481581View attachment 1481600
Let it Fucking BURNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I raged when I saw this.

Oh well, nothing else could be this triggering...

Mandalorian got nominated for Best Drama at the Emmys.
Fuck this gay earth

HandsomeDan

Copy Gold Leader, Im already on my way out...
kiwifarms.net
Apparently another Disney project just got cancelled ya'll! The Plan 9: Rise of Soywalker comic from Marvel just got canned despite massive shilling a few months ago. Along with many other comics still in hiatus or on hold, who knows what else to expect.

Edit: Fuck. Ninja'd by Nanny.

This is pure gold parody material here. If Indiana Jones was real, I fully expect this to happen or for this to be used as a reason for why he needs to be replaced with a female OC by Disney.

Honestly a cantina movie could've worked if they followed a theme similar to Tales from the Cantina. A noire style detective or rogue story as the protagonist ends up becoming affiliated with influential people in the Cantina, like its owner Chalmun or barmaid Ackmena as he explores the stories of its many patrons for clues and info for whatever the hell the mcguffin or case might be.
View attachment 1480679
And as you said, the book covered all areas; crime, drugs, sex, drinking, cheating and assholes of all kinds. One of these stories even became mainstream and even spawned a great parody on youtube, that being the story of Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes.
With the eponymous cantina band having been royally screwed over by their band leader by his own greed and bad habits.

There's enough material in the book for not just serious shit but even comedy.
View attachment 1480701View attachment 1480698
Like this asshole ruining his life and eyesight due to salt being like ultra-cocaine to his kind. Partly referenced in Disney but they dropped the obvious cocaine parallels and simply mention that his eyes turned yellow from drinking too much juice.

Then there's the classic Bogart scenario "always be careful around pretty dames".
View attachment 1480765
You might end up getting more than what you bargained for... And that's not a tranny joke I swear. This one was also written by Zahn.
Could easily be antagonists in such a film.

Then there's the horror genre that will make you say "yeah, this is why you shouldn't fuck outside your species".
View attachment 1480752
Dude on the left, a sick old perv and bounty hunter who's been around the block one too many times and now just wants to find the weirdest and easiest game he can fuck and go where no alien goat man has gone before. The "chick" on the right, a young and impressionable reptoid lass of sophisticated upbringing who wants to experience a dangerous and passionate romance full of risk away from the traditions of her home planet. However one of them is about to find that when you play stupid games, you win terrible prizes. Surprisingly still canon in Disney, but they keep it vague, simply describing them as "the dangers of romancing".

Or some genuinely emotional subplots.
View attachment 1480719
Like Muftak and Kabe. One is a lonely and miserable beastly being who has lived as an outcast on a hot desert world his whole life with no idea of who or what he even is, while the other is an orphaned child who he took pity on, seeing a kindred spirit also abandoned in a cruel world, with both making a living doing lowly oddjobs just to get by and the only escape from their misery being their only friend in the world, liquor... A cruel indulgence but the only escape, even for a child, in this mad town of scum called Mos Eisley. The only thing keeping him going being the desire to make enough money to buy a way off Tatooine and take Kabe to her species home planet so she knows that she at least has a better place to go to, unlike poor Muftak himself who has no idea what he is nor does anyone else, but if he can give this poor child a chance he could never have, he'll surely give it. Could easily be secondary main characters to the main protagonist of such a film if it were to have been made.

Crime.... and bigotry done right unlike in most Disney shit.
View attachment 1480787
This droid hating son of a bitch has more than his fair share of bloody skeletons in his closet.

And many more.
View attachment 1480770

However the last one was... quite the odd doozy... In short love is blind. Like really fucking blind. I mean I get what the authors were doing, showing that wisdom and love are not limited to appearance in a world of so many life forms, but its so really freaking odd. Yet I can't stop thinking about it...

It along with the Anakin/Kenobi comic, Luceno's stuff and maybe the first EAfront is probably one of the few things Disney's hasn't completely fucked up at, but shitty sequel aliens and references aside, the show is good but the Tracking Fob nonsense bothers me to no end. Its not just some detector, its a device that according to Disney info leads you straight to whatever or whoever you're looking for no matter where you are in the galaxy with utmost precision, thus eliminating the need for investigation, search and risk. It can perfectly track whatever or whoever you want and is about as broken as the "tracking system" shit in TFA. Compare this to (something more mainstream about bounty hunting here) the Jango Fett video game. In that game, your main target is a rogue batshit crazy leader of a drug cartel. But you just don't pull out a remote control from your ass that leads you right to her hideout, you have to jump through flaming hoops and leap over all kinds of hurdles to find her or anyone that can lead you to her, and instead of a magic "fob", you have a holonet database detailing rumors and last know locations for fugitives, and a scanner which can analyze faces in crowds to match up with visual records rather than lead you straight to the perp. The best way for Jango to capture his target was for him to study what was known about the cartel and find bounties wanted by rich and influential people in the underworld and thus deliver them to the influential fucks and instead of money demanded info on how to "meet or work with" the elusive leader of the drug cartel. By just adding a mcguffin tracker, you end up taking away one of the best parts about bounty hunting, that being the hunt. So to make the show interesting, they had to make the hunter become the hunted because there's not much else they can fucking do... Hence why the Egg episode was probably the one that caught my interest the most.
All of those "Tales" books from that era were great, I enjoyed reading all of them. The old man Boba Fett one where he is "given" Leia at Jabbas Palace is really good.

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
There’s already rumors that Disney is going to start downsizing soon and SW is likely to be affected.

The source is Doomcock. It's kind of sad that Midnight's Edge seem to trust him enough to put his bullshit on their videos since they usually do a really good job. This rumor has come up before and I once again say that it's just way too optimistic for Disney to say that the trilogy they just made will be erased. At most, it will be them doing Luke stories (if Hamill is game) and not mention the sequel trilogy at all.

That said, it's 2020, and Disney is not really doing too well financially, so anything could happen.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
The source is Doomcock. It's kind of sad that Midnight's Edge seem to trust him enough to put his bullshit on their videos since they usually do a really good job. This rumor has come up before and I once again say that it's just way too optimistic for Disney to say that the trilogy they just made will be erased. At most, it will be them doing Luke stories (if Hamill is game) and not mention the sequel trilogy at all.

That said, it's 2020, and Disney is not really doing too well financially, so anything could happen.
The best course of action is to slowly distance themselves from the sequel era for the time being. I don't think outright declaring it non-canon is the best course of action, from a pr standpoint, despite our wishes.

Tags
None