Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

Dark Edea

kiwifarms.net
Because at the time it was Battlefield with a Star Wars skin, and it was well executed within the confines of that type of game. It let a lot of people go at each other with a low barrier to entry, when before the biggest multiplayer lobby game was probably X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter.
Sorry for the late response. Your point about the low barrier of entry is probably the key here. Other games offered huge lobbies even back then; but thinking back, games like Tribes 2 or Planetside also had a pretty intense hardware requirements and (at least with Tribes) a steep difficulty curve, so not everyone could play or wanted to play.

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
maybe even selling some of their foreign parks like Shanghai Disney and others,
I'd sell Shanghai Disney but only because that thing is already in jeopardy if Cold War II gets worse as it's beginning to look like and the Chinamen just decide to appropriate it.

This thread is getting derailed though. Though it's a little hard not to when Disney owns so much. The Disney thread, MCU thread, and the Star Wars thread always get derailed because of it. Maybe we just need a Disney company general.

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
Even if it IS better in comparison, what does it matter? Both are horrible ideas that completely shattered the integrity of the story.

View attachment 1484825
For fucks sake. The "twist" didn't come naturally, it was just a lazy attempt at fixing Rian's mess while bringing in more nostalgia points for the consoomers. It wasn't a twist, it was a patented Abrams lazy cop-out.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
So the logic is, other media has subverted expectations badly therefore we can't criticize Snoke as a character. It's the same argument as, other media you like has flaws, so you can't point out flaws in media you don't like.

Here's more twitter lunacy
Lunacy.png

We don't see Snoke really abusing Kylo in the films, I guess he's including the eu, but perhaps only the Deu as Dooku is horribly developed as a character under the "Nu-Canon," but it's the opposite in the True one.

Last edited:

Kane Lives

Peace through power
kiwifarms.net
So the logic is, other media has subverted expectations badly therefore we can't criticize Snoke as a character. It's the same argument as, other media you like has flaws, so you can't point out flaws in media you don't like.

View attachment 1485101
We don't see Snoke really abusing Kylo in the films, I guess he's including the eu, but perhaps only the Deu as Dooku is horribly developed as a character under the "Nu-Canon," but it's the opposite in the True one.
You leave Chris Lee alone, you loons. I'd take Dooku over puppet loser Snoke at any day, especially considering his EU origins of being a disaffected Jedi.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
You leave Chris Lee alone, you loons. I'd take Dooku over puppet loser Snoke at any day, especially considering his EU origins of being a disaffected Jedi.
As I said before, these are the type of people who ignore the pre-disney eu thanks to the stupid "legends" label. Even fans who read it and prefer that version will still call it "non-canon", because a company called it that in 2014.

Last edited:

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
As I said before, these are the type of people who ignore the pre-disney eu thanks to the stupid "legends" label. Even fans who read it and prefer that version will still call it "non-canon," because a company called it that in 2014.
I'm one of them and I'm glad they did it. Made me realize the energy and emotional commitment I had placed in a corporate product was ridiculous and I could do something better with all of that.

Silver linings, always.

GeneralFriendliness

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Disney Wars News:
Most of it not great...

1: Oh give me a break...!
1596214609252.png

9 shows in development when you still can't get the two you announced years ago to move forward? And with no trailer or teaser in sight after all this time?

2: They've claimed that Tarkin will be a major character in the not-Katarn show (oh great, more shitty CGI) but the actor who played him in RO claims that isn't the case.

3: Disney rumors claim that a Maul show could still be a possibility along with having him appear across multiple Disney Wars shows, but that they will simply use a new actor instead of Ray. Man these fuckers are really pushing it with all these announcements, especially when Disney is in one of the most dire straits its ever been in.

4: One of the Marvel assholes on Twitter working on the IX comic implies that the comic may still see some sort of release, possibly as a limited whole hardback copy release rather than individual issues.

5: Marvel comics once again pulls another pointless tease to try and drum up sales like they did by freezing Leia in carbonite, only this time "Vader kills Luke! OMG HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?! We gotta buy the issue and find out fellow consoomers!" - SomeKotakuClone
1596215023198.png

But in actuality the issue will just reveal that it was just some loser posing as Luke. Nice clickbait Marvel.

6: The Galaxy's Edge VR game (which is meant to serve as a way to maintain interest in the park due to Corona killing traffic for it) will apparently be filled to the brim with aliens despite the actual park having only one despite what all the lame brochures and park guides will tell you.
1596215272062.png

The VR game is apparently just all the content they cut from the park itself because Kennedy is an idiot and Chapek is a cheapskate.

7: Disney announced new "mini" guides about the Sith and Jedi to come out in March of next year "so you can finally know all the unanswered questions about the Force!"

8: The new Exogol horror book which I talked about before with vampires, werewolves, frankensteins, and also Vader which features the sith with the candy cane lightsaber is revealed to actually just be "Legends" and not as in "Legends-brand content by Disney", but rather just fake stories within Disney canon that will have a legends label but will not be part of Disney's Legends brand. I'm sure that won't cause any confusion.

9: Another shitty IDW comic (despite IDW being in the worst state its ever been in) starring Vader again with another clickbait cover.
1596215612354.png

"OMG How will Vader survive falling in lava?! We must buy to know the truth!" Even though Disney shit already showed that he has no problem swimming in that shit.

10: That turncoat Hal Hickle now claims that Star Wars is not about War and Patton Oswalt acted like an idiot after controversial political commentator Ben Shapiro and a caller pointed out that nuWars sucks and surprisingly Ben Shapiro (despite seeming like a normalfag that liked TFA) knows about Darth Plagueis lore and Darth Bane and said that he would rather see movies based on their stories without getting too political, which drew the attention of both Hickle and Shapiro (regardless of whether you agree or don't agree with Shapiro politically, he at least has a better idea for SW stories than most faggots out there and it shows that old canon material is becoming more well known among normalfags). In short, the world is getting weirder and celebrities like Oswalt and the people at Lucasfilm are dicks who will say anything just to own the haters despite that Shapiro used to be a TFA bootlicker like all the rest.
Oswalt's reaction amuses considering this hypocrite was the one who wanted to write a crossover between Marvel and Star Wars with Luke and Iron Man teaming up to battle Thanos, yet wanting a serious story about two of the most well known dark lords behind Vader and Palps is suddenly pushing it and misogynistic.
1596216714104.png

Now there's a whole mess of drama from people within Lucasfilm doubling down on "misogynists" and even SW.com managers and SW Insider editors are telling "misogynists" who didn't like the sequels to fuck off, instead of accepting that their films are trash and that Rey was just a very boring and horribly written character much like everything else they made.

11: Some dumb cartoon about BB-8 was cancelled apparently. I'm not too sure on this one but it seems likely.

12: Some good news. Reylo is apparently completely dead finally after all these years with their only trace of activity being on the Reylo forums. They've disappeared from almost all mainstream outlets. So great job there Disney, you killed the most devoted part of your nufanbase.

Disney News:
Blablabla things are going very bad and major politicians have pretty much lost faith in Disney so we probably won't see that bailout after all. I just hope Trump doesn't bend the knee for them again. Anyway an old Disney leaker who was absent for quite some time came back and things are looking really bad at Disney and even the Disney drones are starting to lose faith in them.
Anyway, all the major leakers, news sites and even some SW circles are saying the same thing, that major layoffs that will put all past ones to shame is coming and Iger is getting the boot and its up to cheapskate Chapek to "save" Disney, and honestly a mondo cheapskate is their best chance of being saved from their financial ruin at this point. I just hope he sells some IPs while he's at it...
1596217804374.png
1595125022544.png

The other leaker WDW Pro has been pretty smug and confident as of late.
1596212615078.png

Despite being a Kennedy and Abrams buttkisser, this guy's alright.

I still wonder though, is Lucasfilm making all these announcements without any money? Do they have some form of income? Are they doing this to boost appeal with investors? Or is Kennedy allowing this as some sort of threat to Iger to give them more money?

Last edited:

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1485101
The first guy is autistic enough to be legit. The second guy is almost definitely a paid shill though, since the hash tag spam is clear case of disney drone (literal or figuartive). The Rat is STILL wasting money on paid botnets and shills since this shit is artificial. This is not smart when you're dozens of billions in the hole.

Have fun restructuring and being known as more incompetent than Card Walker Iger. Have fun being the one who murdered the money machine Kennedy.

ADDENDUM: Oh lovely, more fake announcements and vaporware. Holy shit they're desperate to pretend they're remotely able to pay for all that. Kennedy and Iger are really fucking scared given how rapidly they're announcing projects that won't exist.

Miller

👉⭐>👉👃
kiwifarms.net
9 shows? That sounds like the Kurtzman approach.

Lunacy.png
This is bullshit, Dooku wasn't Palpatine's puppet. If I'm not mistaken, he left the Jedi Order after Qui-Gon's death because he didn't like that they were trying to influence the political side of the Republic.
"Snoke's characterization as an abuser"
I don't remember seeing that in the movies. Hell, we know nothing about the guy. I'm not surprised that this twitter account is promoting the Disney Trilogy since his Twitter handle is named after a character who had less than 2 minutes of screentime in TLJ.

2: They've claimed that Tarkin will be a major character in the not-Katarn show (oh great, more shitty CGI) but the actor who played him in RO claims that isn't the case.
I wish they would get Wayne Pygram to play Tarkin again (with prosthetics).
6: The Galaxy's Edge VR game (which is meant to serve as a way to maintain interest in the park due to Corona killing traffic for it) will apparently be filled to the brim with aliens despite the actual park having only one despite what all the lame brochures and park guides will tell you.
1596215272062.png
That alien at the bar reminds me of the pianist on The Orville.
Alien_pianist.jpg

11: Some dumb cartoon about BB-8 was cancelled apparently. I'm not too sure on this one but it seems likely.
The one with every Sequel Trilogy character shaped like BB-8? Thank god.

GeneralFriendliness

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That alien at the bar reminds me of the pianist on The Orville.
View attachment 1487020
They seem to be Disney shit's replacement for the Gran. Gran still appear in Marvel's comics, but since the introduction of these six-eyed aholes they've been appearing in the place of the Gran. With an IDW comic even featuring a gran on its cover but the story itself replacing it with a six-eyed guy.
1596233278788.png
1596233484298.png

And yes, aside from the extra pair of eyes they look just like the Orville ones. Sad part is they're probably the least repulsive aliens Disney has made and one of the few alongside the giant shrimp that feels like they could fit in older scenes, but their nature as replacements make me displeased with them in general. Anyway, it feels as if all of Disney's aliens are made by the same generic flesh-toned alien designers you see too commonly these days.

Last edited:

Kiwi Lime Pie

The tasteful summer treat. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Anyway, what would've been the best option? What name would've best suited the clone? Any consensus on here?
I'm surprised they didn't go with one of the more popular, low-budget gimmicks and name the clone "Ekul". (Luke's name inverted.)

I really like this one. It's got a lot of personality and the bandages on her hands and feet give off the vibe that she incorporates punching and kicking into her fighting style. She's also much more beautiful in this redesign and doesn't look jaundiced or ashy.
I like this as well, too. The hand and foot wraps remind me of Sagat from Street Fighter and make me wonder if she has physical strength that stays largely hidden until its needed.

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
Disney News:
Blablabla things are going very bad and major politicians have pretty much lost faith in Disney so we probably won't see that bailout after all. I just hope Trump doesn't bend the knee for them again. Anyway an old Disney leaker who was absent for quite some time came back and things are looking really bad at Disney and even the Disney drones are starting to lose faith in them.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/on-layoffs-very-bad-attendance-and-igers-legacy-being-one-of-disgrace.966982/ Anyway, all the major leakers, news sites and even some SW circles are saying the same thing, that major layoffs that will put all past ones to shame is coming and Iger is getting the boot and its up to cheapskate Chapek to "save" Disney, and honestly a mondo cheapskate is their best chance of being saved from their financial ruin at this point. I just hope he sells some IPs while he's at it...
1596217804374.png
1595125022544.png

The other leaker WDW Pro has been pretty smug and confident as of late.
1596212615078.png

Despite being a Kennedy and Abrams buttkisser, this guy's alright.

I still wonder though, is Lucasfilm making all these announcements without any money? Do they have some form of income? Are they doing this to boost appeal with investors? Or is Kennedy allowing this as some sort of threat to Iger to give them more money?
The part of Iger being kicked out in disgrace is just way too much for me to believe. Yes, he may be an arrogant dickhead that overspent but he's also the most competent guy they have that hasn't jumped ship to TikTok. Iger, for all his faults, still gives investors confidence. Giving him the boot will probably only make their stock go down even further.

Tags
None