Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
Mandalorian season 2 trailer dropped. No Ashoka in it which is hopefully an indicator that Filoni is either going to actually keep Ashoka's presence in the show from overshadowing Mando and becoming the Ashoka's Jailbait adventure Part 3 Plot hijacking crusaders or Favreau was able to succesfully tard wrangle him.
Well, if Grace Randolph's sources are correct (which unlike Doomcock's, aren't reddit) you're shit out of luck I'm afraid.
It seems that Pedro Pascal is out after a serious blow up with Favreau and Filoni about their insistence that the mask stays on and he flounced half way through the production. It seems the final straw was him going over their heads and crying to Kathleen Kennedy, who was already at odds with Favreau and Filoni because she wanted more stand alone episodes and they wanted more of a continuous storyl-ine, after that Pascal was told to leave.
Hence all the rumors about the second half of the season featuring mostly new characters. No word on if he'll be back. So you can expect a shit-load more Filoni filler as they try to plug the gap.

robobobo

kiwifarms.net
That doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Guy clearly has to take his helmet off to eat, shave, etc, so it wouldn't be difficult to stick in some scenes when the kid's asleep or off in another area and he's hanging out without the helmet on. He couldn't be having a face to face chat with another character, but could be communicating over coms, if Pascal was desperate to do some acting with his face visible.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mandalorian season 2 trailer dropped. No Ashoka in it which is hopefully an indicator that Filoni is either going to actually keep Ashoka's presence in the show from overshadowing Mando and becoming the Ashoka's Jailbait adventure Part 3 Plot hijacking crusaders or Favreau was able to succesfully tard wrangle him.
I won't believe it until the show is out. Mainly because Disney is so filled with liars and runs on a scam I'd not be shocked if they hid those parts for later.

Actually the idea she's in a one-off flashback as hypothesized by @anti SJW is a pretty good hint. I bet the Darksaber is mainly just so Filoni can use it as a backhole for his fanfiction.
It probably will. They've got no other choice after Mulan and Plan IX bombed.
You still operate on the idea that the current execs are sane or capable of making smart moves. I fully expect a double downing for the Mando where they fuck it up by trying desperately to control it. Because Mulan WAS their hope originally.
That doesn't make a ton of sense to me. Guy clearly has to take his helmet off to eat, shave, etc, so it wouldn't be difficult to stick in some scenes when the kid's asleep or off in another area and he's hanging out without the helmet on. He couldn't be having a face to face chat with another character, but could be communicating over coms, if Pascal was desperate to do some acting with his face visible.
I'm just surprised that they wanted to keep him with the mask on at all times and this was an actor's decision to want to show his mug. It actually means we have a slight nod to a rule, and it's a rare case of the actor being the fuck up and narcissist in LFL's production as of late.

And I guess we can blame his narcissism for if the show fucks up and fails since he walked.

Last edited:

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Well, if Grace Randolph's sources are correct (which unlike Doomcock's, aren't reddit) you're shit out of luck I'm afraid.
but she is also a super shill and will repeat what she is told to repeat.

It seems that Pedro Pascal is out after a serious blow up with Favreau and Filoni about their insistence that the mask stays on and he flounced half way through the production. It seems the final straw was him going over their heads and crying to Kathleen Kennedy, who was already at odds with Favreau and Filoni because she wanted more stand alone episodes and they wanted more of a continuous storyl-ine, after that Pascal was told to leave.
Why would they ask him to leave? thats costing money and disney has none of that. if anything they forced him and he walked.

Hence all the rumors about the second half of the season featuring mostly new characters. No word on if he'll be back. So you can expect a shit-load more Filoni filler as they try to plug the gap.
there is only a maincast of 2 and they need a couple of new allies and villains.

I'm just surprised that they wanted to keep him with the mask on at all times and this was an actor's decision to want to show his mug. It actually means we have a slight nod to a rule, and it's a rare case of the actor being the fuck up and narcissist in LFL's production as of late.
they dont need him to play an actor with a mask...
cant see him quitting or beeing fired, this is by far his biggest role and the only role in a well liked show. he would have to start from zero if he blew it.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Giga_Nigga_28

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
Oh, and before I've completely let Zahn off the hook, he also made the inexplicably-retarded decision to retcon the name "Skywalker" to mean "Wayfinder" in the Chiss language.

Source?

“I suppose there’s some logic to that from a marketing point of view, but I worry about alienating the fans and the readers who have been with this franchise for however long it’s been, because it’s a large group and they’re very loyal.”

From the article: It seems that Disney’s way of reconciling its approach with the years of content produced by Luceno and other writers is to deem those books “legends” in the Star Wars universe. By doing so, it essentially ignores established characters and plots, affecting overall continuity. “That’s the power of the Mouse,” Luceno says, and shrugs. “Many of the super-fans are frustrated.”

HandsomeDan

Longing for 1861...
kiwifarms.net
We will have to see, but I wont be shocked if they manage to kill another golden goose.

I watched the trailer again and noticed that was a Quarren fishing village, very neat and something new. Gamorreans fighting in the ring as well, its amazing how including things that actually exist in Star Wars doing things they would actually do in accordance with the established lore excites people more than goofy garbage pulled from some tantrum throwing college intern's ass... who knew.

...im really hoping they dont screw this up.

Comicsgeist

Yeah, no.
kiwifarms.net
Inb4 it turns out that the rumor about the Mando actor leaving is true and they shove in Asoka or that one ginger Mando as a replacement and hide it like the Last of Us 2 tried to hide Abby.
Grace Randolph may be a massive shill for Disney and an SJW, but, she has a real chip on her shoulder about how she's treated by the Hollywood media that look down on youtubers. She broke the story that the entire crew of the Obi Wan show had been released from their contracts the same week that the shill media was running 'everything's fine' puff pieces and they dragged her as a liar. As a result she's obsessed with scooping them as a fuck you.
I'll embed a time stamped link and people can make up their own minds.
By her account Pedro was a real bitch on the set, I wonder if we're gonna see another Ray Fisher (Cyborg) situation.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Grace Randolph may be a massive shill for Disney and an SJW, but, she has a real chip on her shoulder about how she's treated by the Hollywood media that look down on youtubers. She broke the story that the entire crew of the Obi Wan show had been released from their contracts the same week that the shill media was running 'everything's fine' puff pieces and they dragged her as a liar. As a result she's obsessed with scooping them as a fuck you.
I'll embed a time stamped link and people can make up their own minds.
By her account Pedro was a real bitch on the set, I wonder if we're gonna see another Ray Fisher (Cyborg) situation.

Oh, so he's just a narcissist with delusions of grandeur who believes he can burn every single bridge possible now because he's a show runner, thus making him even dumber than Boyega, who at least had a good gripe about how he was treated as the sequel's version of Jar-Jar Binks and kept his mouth mostly shut until the last movie was released.

I'd fire his ass too for that and destroy his career if that's the case.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
I'm wondering if
Ashoka will only be in one episode. I heard they are going to show how Gideon got the Darksaber. So maybe Gideon and Her fight when they show that.
Yeah I always imagined that it would be just one episode that would be used as a backdoor pilot to see if the audience like it.
I'd rather have more Bo-Katan in The Mandalorian than Ahsoka.
By her account Pedro was a real bitch on the set,
I wouldn't be surprised tbh. The only time he was in the suit was in the season finale. He did the voice over for the entire season while 2 other people were wearing the suit.

Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

Getting tard comed

kiwifarms.net
cant see him quitting or beeing fired, this is by far his biggest role and the only role in a well liked show. he would have to start from zero if he blew it.
I mean.. GoT, Narcos, and apparently The Princes Bride that's coming soon. I can definitely see an actor who believes he's on the come up quitting due to not enough screen time.

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
I am 110% on the "helmet stays on" train. Play it by Dredd rules. But I also don't watch it and won't, so whatever.

I'm about 50/50 on it.

I wouldn't surprised if this was a defensive measure on his part, where he probably was worried about getting replaced. I mean, nothing wrong with wanting to get your face out there. There is (or can be) pay scale differences for being on the set and doing voice over work; he may have wanted a pay bump.

If I had to venture a guess, if its true he's gone, he may have gotten a better offer from another show. If he was going to turn them down, he wanted to know he had a certain future on the Mandalorian

Tags
None