Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
All shit involving Jedi and The Empire.

You know what would be great? A show about a dude..lets make him a Bounty Hunter..who is on the outer edge far away from The New Republic and The First order's gay ass slap fight..hunting down criminals..Wholly unconnected to anything involving the eternal dick measuring contest between two fucking brain dead cults.
They did that. It was called Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, where you play as Jango Fett and the only Force-user in the game world is some drug queen who flunked out of Jedi school and is allied with neither the Jedi nor the Sith. She left the Jedi, and the Sith want her dead, so the latter posts a bounty on her ass, and you and several other bounty hunters follow a bread crumb trail hunting gangsters, warlords, and corrupt senators to find this drug queen and end her misbegotten reign.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
Oh man that has me hyped.
It's the one game where he wasn't an idiot (Open Seasons) or cannon fodder (Attack of the Clones), so he's allowed to be competent.

And of course, there's many games without the Jedi or the Sith like Rogue Squadron, TIE Fighter, X-Wing, and Dark Forces where it's just standard sci-fi shoot-em-ups without magic wizards with glowsticks, so go knock yourself out.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BR55 and Adamska

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
Jedi shit is tired and boring after almost two decades of Clone War / Old Republic shit.
Not really. Jedi stuff is what separates Star Wars from everything else.

Take Star Wars and remove the Force-what's left? What differentiates it from Halo, Mass Effect, Star Fox, or Call of Duty? Nothing. You can exchange the characters and tech with characters and tech from other franchises, and it would basically be the same. This is why the Trooper story in SWTOR was the least engaging-because it was just you hunting down soldiers, superweapons, and a general at the end-whereas even the Smuggler and Bounty Hunter were able to interact with Jedi and Sith and upstage them now and then.

Also, even in the Clone Wars show, there were more than enough episodes that had no Jedi or Sith involvement, just soldiers, politicians, or bounty hunters doing what they do best.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
Yeah no, the space wizard bullshit is secondary to what makes Star Wars good. I enjoyed the OT stuff and early EU where it wasn't so focused on Jedi stuff. You can disagree if you want but I'm not going to write pages long novels autistically defending why I enjoy something more than you do in Star Wars.
Except the OT was squarely focused on the Jedi, and so was much of the EU. The main quest for the OT was restoring the Jedi Order after the Sith-led Empire eradicated them, and defeating the Sith who lead said Empire. And again, without the Jedi and Sith, Star Wars is just another run-of-the-mill sci-fi that has nothing that differentiates it from the likes of Halo, Mass Effect, Star Fox, and Call of Duty. If you want to focus solely on military sci-fi without space wizards, other science fiction stories do that a lot better than Star Wars. I'm pretty sure such stories existed before Star Wars even came into being. Starship Troopers and the Foundation Series come into mind.

That, and even the Clone Wars show had a lot of non-Jedi shit with soldiers, politicians, and bounty hunters taking center stage. Which means there's more than enough stuff for people who don't want Jedi or Sith running about.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
Whatever.

On another note, the best-selling stuff from Star Wars outside of the films usually has Jedi or Sith on it. They include, but are not limited to, the KOTOR games, the Jedi Knight/Dark Forces games, classic Battlefront II, among others, which shows that the Jedi and Sith are embedded in SW's DNA, and the fans want more of that stuff.

Again, if you want military sci-fi without space wizards, there's many other series that can do what you want. Heck, Wing Commander was made by a Star Wars fan who wanted to focus more on the military sci-fi aspect of things. That's another example outside of Starship Troopers, the Foundation Series, Halo, Star Fox, Mass Effect, and Call of Duty.

Last edited:

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
You really are an autist that has to get the last word in everything, jesus christ. "Hurr durr, can't just let a simple disagreement go, have to continue hammering on why I'm a fucking dipshit.".
And yet here you go wanting to have the last word. Which is hilarious.

At least I was giving recommendations for science fiction series where there are no space wizards for those who want Star Wars without Jedi.

Dude, just go play Wing Commander 3. You get to play as Mark Hamill in a military space adventure with no Jedi or Sith. You're the one who wants Star Wars without Jedi or Sith, there you go-you can't ask for anything better. There's no need to ask Star Wars to dump a crucial part of its DNA when other science fiction stories already provide the whole "Star Wars without the Jedi" experience rather well.

Last edited:

GeneralFriendliness

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All shit involving Jedi and The Empire.

You know what would be great? A show about a dude..lets make him a Bounty Hunter..who is on the outer edge far away from The New Republic and The First order's gay ass slap fight..hunting down criminals..Wholly unconnected to anything involving the eternal dick measuring contest between two fucking brain dead cults.
There was actually quite a bit of Empire vs Republic focused media, mostly in campaigns, Dark Horse and a few novels. In terms of televised media, there was also a 3PO and R2-focused cartoon with very little to no Imperial/Rebel presence which was mostly just them getting handed over from master to master. Also the First Order is about as eternal as a gross bunion.
Oh man that has me hyped.
The game has aged very well and even had an HD re-release on the PS4.
There was even a pseudo-sequel in the works in the form of 1313 but Disney canned it along with a shit ton of other great projects. Including a smuggling game, a space outlaw game and a solo Han Solo game.

Last edited:

HandsomeDan

Copy Gold Leader, Im already on my way out...
kiwifarms.net
Despite the other troubling news about Season 2 that may or may not be true, I can almost assure you that the baby yoda thing will be overused. The child sidekick theme is fine, even the dynamic of a "father" taking a "baby" into dangerous survival situations is a good thing, however what will ultimately hurt the show is that the baby will not grow older fast enough so we miss out on the mental and physical advancement of the child character.

I hated what they did to star wars so much that I refused to even watch the Mandalorian for months, knowing nothing about it, the revelation of the "50 year old" bounty was truly a surprise to me and did something for me disney has been incapable of doing with their garbage work (except for when Red Leader and Gold Leader were shown on Rogue One) which is give me that old feeling of excitement and wonder long absent since the OT. They will not be able to duplicate this feeling with the baby yoda character again in season 2, they will pound us over the head with that character and recapturing the magic may be hard.

Could an old grizzled Boba Fett do this? ... Maybe so. Worn out clone wars characters who should all be dead?...certainly not.

On another note, I really dont care for the all silver armor, this is a prequel/clone wars style I do not care for. I would like to see his armor be multi colored like the Fett armor (and his orginal armor in the first episodes) was.

Reactions: LORD IMPERATOR

Miller

kiwifarms.net
can almost assure you that the baby yoda thing will be overused. The child sidekick theme is fine, even the dynamic of a "father" taking a "baby" into dangerous survival situations is a good thing, however what will ultimately hurt the show is that the baby will not grow older fast enough so we miss out on the mental and physical advancement of the child character.
I see a lot of comments like that. Why do people hate the Child so much? Do they expect Favreau and his team to drop the character after the first season because of the merchandising? The baby is not a Porg or any other gimmick from the Sequel Trilogy, it wasn't created to sell merch, it's basic storytelling. Mando got a new mission at the end of the first season, he has to bring that child to some remnant of the Jedi Order. It will probably happen during the second season and then Mando will find something else to do.

HandsomeDan

Copy Gold Leader, Im already on my way out...
kiwifarms.net
I see a lot of comments like that. Why do people hate the Child so much? Do they expect Favreau and his team to drop the character after the first season because of the merchandising? The baby is not a Porg or any other gimmick from the Sequel Trilogy, it wasn't created to sell merch, it's basic storytelling. Mando got a new mission at the end of the first season, he has to bring that child to some remnant of the Jedi Order. It will probably happen during the second season and then Mando will find something else to do.
I dont hate the child, as I said I think it was one of the most shockingly refreshingly ideas they have come up with and as I have said before I love the baby character with all the shrillness of a pre-teen girl attending a pop concert. My concern is that if the child is in fact a permanent character will there be an opportunity for the character to mature as it is a species that ages slowly. My concern is that the "cuteness" factor will be overused rather than have a character that grows in ability and understanding as influenced by his "father" figure.

You are right though the child sure as hell is no "Porg".

Tags
None