Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
I thought originally Finn was supposed to be a guy who discovered his force powers as an adult.
The title "The Force Awakens" makes way much more sense that way. It would have been a way to reintroduce the force to a new audience and putting it back to being more spiritual than a stat check in the midichlorian count. (Is it only me or when authors introduce dbz style power level numbers, it always end up bad and ruining the feel?)

Disney could have picked most posters from this thread and they would have end up with a better overall trilogy.

I initially thought that Finn was going to be a FO storm trooper who discovered he also had force powers, and he and Rey would go find Luke's Jedi Academy. And I'd sigh and roll my eyes at the diversity pandering but then that would neatly tie into Luke getting to play yoda for the new generation and doing Yoda "on Wax, off Wax. mmm yes, see the shine, I should" to them to teach them the force and both of them learning Jedi shit as he passes the torch to the new generation and we all learn a valuable lesson that respecting our elders isn't mutually exclusive from making them understand we are adults down and need to be making our own decisions.

Instead we got A story for another time and Subverted Expectations.mp4 .qt .swf .rm

DamageJoy

Spook
kiwifarms.net
Instead we got A story for another time and Subverted Expectations.mp4 .qt .swf .rm
I think Disney's expectations got subverted the most, at least when it comes to their bottom line.

I initially thought that Finn was going to be a FO storm trooper who discovered he also had force powers, and he and Rey would go find Luke's Jedi Academy. And I'd sigh and roll my eyes at the diversity pandering but then that would neatly tie into Luke getting to play yoda for the new generation and doing Yoda "on Wax, off Wax. mmm yes, see the shine, I should" to them to teach them the force and both of them learning Jedi shit as he passes the torch to the new generation and we all learn a valuable lesson that respecting our elders isn't mutually exclusive from making them understand we are adults down and need to be making our own decisions.
If we throw out the EU, that is pretty much the only way I can see for them to include new characters and tie them into the overall world. The old heroes enjoy the fruits of their labor and have a more mentor role, while the new ones do their job. If Luke, Han, Leila etc. were chilling in the back most people would have understood that this is a new trilogy for a new generation.

I think with the pieces laying around it would have been possible to make an effective movie first, then craft it into a workable trilogy. Sure, nothing will measure up to the cultural significance of the OT, but Disney could have had a cashcow which is not bad considering Marvel movies ended their peak with ending the Thanos saga.

Their overall media strategy for Star Wars was weird. Either focus on milking the old movies or focus on making something now. There is no use balancing two separate efforts that will only divide your audience. Especially with movies. Some big brain guy decided to make sequels and prequels at the same time to movies that came out between 1977 and 1983. Either fill up the gap between Ep 3 and 4 or focus on a sequel. It doesn't feel like a coherent movie going experience to jump around so much. One may even ask if they really needed to make a new trilogy (or at least stick to the trilogy format) at all...

Ihavetinyweewee

But massive grotesque balls
kiwifarms.net
Pretty slow start to this week's Mando, thought it was gonna be fairly weak. Thankfully it picked up a lot when they got to the base and basically didn't stop until the credits rolled. I can't lie though, I thought they were gonna namedrop The First Order multiple times and was dreading it each time.

I thought it was the strongest episode so far. It also did a good job at hinting or laying seeds for whats to come.

It felt like there was some narrative purpose, finally, in the season.

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
I thought it was the strongest episode so far. It also did a good job at hinting or laying seeds for whats to come.

It felt like there was some narrative purpose, finally, in the season.
Yeah after mulling it over I'd agree with that. Not sure where I'd place the others on a list but there hasn't been a bad episode yet this season.

Ihavetinyweewee

But massive grotesque balls
kiwifarms.net
Yeah after mulling it over I'd agree with that. Not sure where I'd place the others on a list but there hasn't been a bad episode yet this season.

There hasn't been a bad episode. But so far, I think they have been middling. This current episode was good. I'm still waiting for a great one, but we seem to be on the right track now.

Safir

目が覚めて落ちぶれろ
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dude, the absolute meltdown within the Reylo fandom when their favorite Smokin' Hawt School Shooter bit the dust in Episde 9 was G L O R I O U S. I still have all of the Twitter and Tumblr reactions saved from December 2019, because the colossal wave of salty, livid tears from these fantards still give me endless joy.

It's like keeping the wrapping paper from a really memorable Christmas.
Please share. Put them in the Shipping thread, or in a Mega folder or something if you don't want to burden Null.

I've said it before and I will say it again: white fangirls who simp for murderous psychopath male characters are the greatest argument against women's rights that has ever existed.
I've never seen girls who live in less than ideal conditions fangirl over an attractive male who is also a murderer.
You must not be around lower-class girls a lot (or they're just hiding it well). A major reason why girls and women simp for a psycho is because they like to imagine him standing up for them, from reputation to threats to "fair" fights to brutal murder. They don't want to be beaten themselves, they want someone to engage in vigilantism on their behalf. Sometimes the target is that fucking bitch Becky, but other times the danger or harm is real. An easy counter is women in shithole countries with no women's rights (such as Russia, where you can beat people within an inch of their lives for $65 a pop as long as you don't beat the same person twice in 366 days) also simp for psychos.

jspit2.0

kiwifarms.net
I've been putting my examination of the EU off as we have had actual Star Wars Tism. But honestly I want something good to talk about.

I'll call it on the New Republic at this point. Now I'm moving on to allied force, briefly, with era differentiation when necessary.

Hapes

The Hapes Consortium is a Matriarchal society located in a cluster on the Inner Rim of the Star Wars Galaxy with a Queen Mother and her Prince consort. It is sheltered within the Transitory Mists and spans a hundred worlds.

Era I the Queen Mother was Ta'a Chume. Think Sheev Palpatine minus the Force but hot with tits.

Taa.jpg

The Queen Mother from Era II-IV was Teneniel Djo. Force sensitive Dathomir Witch, Teneniel was the opposite of Ta'a Chume. Good but comparatively politically soft. She kept Hapes firmly out of galactic politics, sidelined her mother-in-la, and struggled with a divided court.

Teneniel_Djo.JPG.jpg

The royal family also included Chume's son, noble Isolder and his daughter with Teneniel Djo, Tenal Ka.

IsolderCrop_NEGTC.jpg
TKTempest.jpg

Isolder was a talented commander and adept at the Hapan political realm like his mother, but unlike her possessed a good, compassionate, romantic streak.

Tenal Ka was a powerful Jedi Knight by Era IV. She did not ascend to the throne until after the fall of the New Republic.

Hapes maintained a relatively significant military that was able to capture dozens of Star Destroyers prior to Endor in border conflict.

The mainstay of the Hapes navy was the Hapes Battle Dragon.

Hapan_Battledragon.jpg

Equipped with forty Turbolaser batteries ringed around its saucers interspersed with forty Ion batteries and a dozen torpedo launchers, these ships packed a punch in groups. The saucer design compensated for the Hapan's inferior energy technology leading to longer recharge on weapons. The Battle Dragons would mass together and fire their forward batteries, then swivel their aft weapons into position while the fore weapons recharged.

These ships did not possess adequate anti-starfighter weaponry on their own and relied on their six starfighter squadrons and support vessels. These vessels are uniquely suited to facing the Empire which typically used a single large ship for its patrols. They excelled at attacking single big targets and were terrible at engaging multiple, maneuverable targets.

Hapes_Nova-Class.jpg

The Hapan support ship of choice were the Nova Battle Cruiser. armed with Twenty five Turbo batteries, ten point defense laser cannons, and ten ions, they could serve multiple roles as fire support supplements, mini carriers with two squadrons of starfighters, and and screening. Nova cruisers achieved high speed and maneuverability due to Hapan tech theft from Imperial engineers.

The Hapan Royal Navy probably consisted of two to three hundred Hapan Battle Dragons with a thousand support ships divided into fleets of sixty Dragons apiece. The Royal Navy obtained NRDF turbo technology from the New Republic in exchange for entering the war with the Vong.

General F-Mantoid

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been putting my examination of the EU off as we have had actual Star Wars Tism. But honestly I want something good to talk about.
Good stuff as always. I've been putting off my A New Hope concept art dump until the site stops being buggy. So far it seems to be doing better, but I'm thinking of waiting till the Mando hype blows over.
Era I the Queen Mother was Ta'a Chume. Think Sheev Palpatine minus the Force but hot with tits.
One thing that's always consistent about the Hapans is they always have great tits. Also, based on Wookieepedo and what a Disney-loving associate told me, Hapans are one of the few major species that have yet to make it into Disney canon.
Pretty slow start to this week's Mando, thought it was gonna be fairly weak. Thankfully it picked up a lot when they got to the base and basically didn't stop until the credits rolled. I can't lie though, I thought they were gonna namedrop The First Order multiple times and was dreading it each time.
They will eventually...
Tusken Law.png

Hence why I'm hesitant to believe the rumors of this shit retconning the sequels. Sure there was that one staff member who said they're only following the OT, but in the end he and his associates are only in charge of visuals and effects, and Filoni and Favreau are the ones who will eventually get the final word in on the Disney push.

Last edited:

Tor Lugosi

The Holy One of Israel
kiwifarms.net
Were those meant to be Dark Troopers at the end of the episode?

If Disney were smart I think they would let Favreau do his own 'rebirth of the Empire' plot without tying it into the First Order shit, but instead I think they're gonna try to 'redeem' the sequel trilogy via the Mandalorian tying into it. I'm sure Filoni would taint it regardless with his furry shit and having Ahoska be the savior of the universe but it can't be worse than what Abrams and Johnson gave us.
:optimistic:

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
Good stuff as always. I've been putting off my A New Hope concept art dump until the site stops being buggy. So far it seems to be doing better, but I'm thinking of waiting till the Mando hype blows over. Although for once the fanbase is doing something other than making cringy Baby Yoda art and pics.
View attachment 1739426View attachment 1739428
So I can't complain too much. Would be funny if the Mandalorian actually does take Anita's advice and causes an even bigger backlash.

One thing that's always consistent about the Hapans is they always have great tits. Also, based on Wookieepedo and what a Disney-loving associate associate told me, Hapans are one of the few major species that have yet to make it into Disney canon.

They will eventually...
View attachment 1739408
Hence why I'm hesitant to believe the rumors of this shit retconning the sequels. Sure there was that one staff member who said they're only following the OT, but in the end he and his associates are only in charge of visuals and effects, and Filoni and Favreau are the ones who will eventually force the Disney push.
Do we know Jon and Dave's opinion on the ST? Considering references to it have mostly been background stuff so far I'm inclined to believe they're either neutral or dislike it.

General F-Mantoid

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Do we know Jon and Dave's opinion on the ST? Considering references to it have mostly been background stuff so far I'm inclined to believe they're either neutral or dislike it.
Dave liked the sequels and TLJ, and it was basically his idea to put less focus on Luke and more focus on Rey and Leia. Favreau doesn't have any strong views, he just treats the Disney sequels as official and wants to showcase how the galaxy got fucked. Whether or not Favreau liked the sequels though is irrelevant since he's mostly just following what Filoni tells him in regards to lore and world building. Also since last year they had been speaking in interviews for months how the show would tie into "all eras of Star Wars", including the Disney sequels.

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
Dave liked the sequels and TLJ, and it was basically his idea to put less focus on Luke and more focus on Rey and Leia. Favreau doesn't have any strong views, he just treats the Disney sequels as official and wants to showcase how the galaxy got fucked. Whether or not Favreau liked the sequels though is irrelevant since he's mostly just following what Filoni tells him in regards to lore and world building. Also since last year they had been speaking in interviews for months how the show would tie into "all eras of Star Wars", including the Disney sequels.
Well hopefully it's at least entertaining then. The movies themselves might be shit, but building up to that era at least has potential.

General F-Mantoid

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well hopefully it's at least entertaining then. The movies themselves might be shit, but building up to that era at least has potential.
Its kind of impossible to positively build up to something that is an absolutely franchise breaking let down. Sure it could be entertaining in terms of visuals and how much one can still care about Din and Kid Yeed, but that's about as far as it can go. They could get away with it with the prequels because ultimately they take place before the good stuff, so no matter how divisive or poorly received they were, their existence didn't change the end result of the OT and the satisfying conclusion those films offered. So making prequel media worked in some regard as it doesn't just lead up to the PT, but ultimately to the OT which is for all intent satisfying from start to finish. With the sequels, they take place after the good and render any sense of satisfaction and closure null and void, especially with the heroes all turning into barely redeemable dead losers who all get cucked out of their fame and legacies by the granddaughter of their mortal enemy, who according to Disney is still active and will come back again, and again, and again, and again because Rey couldn't seal the deal effectively like in DE.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Gruntgirl got fat in lockdown... but i still like her grunting. would bang!
Blue guy was okay but it was cartoon logic to trust him so much.
Kid scenes were fine.

realy didnt like that tzhey used another stupid tracking device and that they had an alien install it... the empire realy hated aliens...

Tags
None