Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

HeyYou

YOU BETTER RUN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Man, if those retards on Twitter actually successfully get Gina Carano kicked off the show I’m gonna be extremely fucking annoyed.
I'd hope that they wouldn't fire her. She hasn't done anything worse than Hamill or Boyega have done, and several MCU cast members are outright foul on social media. As these own fuckheads have said, representatives of brands aren't apolitical on social media anymore.

DamageJoy

Master video game dev
kiwifarms.net
He's pretty much simping for Kennedy behind the scenes.
View attachment 1739962
Only exception to this rule was Lando who alongside Leia, R2 and 3PO were the only main characters from the OT to appear in Filoni's last cartoon (but then again Lando is pansexual now...). Only reason Chewbacca was left out was because he would have to be with Han.
Holy shit. My remaining respect for Filoni is gone.
There's a powerful idea there about this matriarchy coming back and subverting what has always been dominantly patriarchal in male heroes: Zeus, Hercules and everything else.
First of all, if somebody uses the words powerful, stunning or brave like this, run because you have an un-ironic problematic person on your hand.
Second, a story based on old myths has a structure and arc types similar to old myths. Imagine my shock.
Third, I think Filoni might be into femdom for all his talk about matriarchy.
Fourth, muh subversion = good. Sure and suddenly for absolutely no reason people voted Palpatine into power.

I know you need to be like this to work in the industry but it's still tiresome to have the cultural industry monopolized by people who are no fun.
Like sure be a weird liberal, but make a good movie and show. Duh, do your job right.

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
Holy shit. My remaining respect for Filoni is gone.
The idea that matriarchy is coming back is stupid because western civilization already IS a matriarchy. A patriarch society would look like the middle east at worst and like ancient rome at best. Matriarchies are the material from which failed states emerge. Just look at Africa where the matriarch tribes discuss giving their slave-males wheels and then dismissing the idea because it would give the men free time. A man with free time can think "Hey, why are these bitches commanding me around while slacking off? I do all the work! This should be mine!", group up with other men, and put the women in their proper place.

Grandpa Simpson

kiwifarms.net
An audience of wine moms. Great.

What shocked me recently is how many Women have baby Yoda behind them in their videos. It seems like Women are just the best market for merchandising.

yoda.jpg

DamageJoy

Master video game dev
kiwifarms.net
The idea that matriarchy is coming back is stupid because western civilization already IS a matriarchy. A patriarch society would look like the middle east at worst and like ancient rome at best. Matriarchies are the material from which failed states emerge. Just look at Africa where the matriarch tribes discuss giving their slave-males wheels and then dismissing the idea because it would give the men free time. A man with free time can think "Hey, why are these bitches commanding me around while slacking off? I do all the work! This should be mine!", group up with other men, and put the women in their proper place.
They are just empty words. If they really cared about any of those mumbo-jumbo you could short circuit them with the following:
Men and women are the same in every way, but you need women dominating men because they are different. So differences exist or not? Do things have inherent nature or not?

When I see this male feminist garbage, all I see is they just want to score with some problem glasses purple hair chick.
What shocked me recently is how many Women have baby Yoda behind them in their videos. It seems like Women are just the best market for merchandising.

View attachment 1740684
It's designed to appear cute. Also women are more impulsive in their purchases.

General F-Mantoid

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So does anyone know what might be going on with this:

They claim to have received a response from Marvel,

Is it normal for these titles to "take a break?"
Good Lord if Doctor Aphra PhD's actually been cancelled after 4-5 unholy years with her obnoxious meme and quip-spouting ass I might unironically NUTT.
i must nut.png

The salt from Wookieepedo's Discord and Disney Wars Twitter would be delicious.

Keep a suicide watch on her biggest simp.
DarthRuiz30

Edit:
Also after checking that list of upcoming comics from Twitter, I noticed this...
1605951639938.png

I wonder if Dark Horse and its authors are getting any royalties for this?

Last edited:

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
That's simple: White women want children, but they want neither to put in the effort to entice a man and keep him nor do they want to have the downsides of having children.
Cooing over the Child lets them indulge in their "maternal" instincts while avoiding having to become anything other than a proud strong wahmyn.

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
So does anyone know what might be going on with this:

They claim to have received a response from Marvel,

Is it normal for these titles to "take a break?"

It is not normal for the break to not be announced ahead of time.

I don't pay too much attention so I'm sure some NYEEEEEEERD can correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think breaks are normal unless a Story Line has ended and they are starting a new one. Publishers don't want people having their habits. Less so because some comics are sold via subscription and not shipping a title means subscribers would be rightfully pissed. In this case, very likely the Marvel Star Wars subscriptions run Jan to Jan, not shipping the Jan release means you just bill everyone 11/12th what you would have normally.

Usually any schedule disruption can only mean invasion is a title changing publishing schedule because of declining sales; move a book from weekly to bi-weekly or monthly, move a monthly to semi-monthly - lowers the cost of the subscription to keep subscribers hooked, makes it a less costly pick up, you can start shifting writers & artists to other projects. Basically supply and demand.

Last edited:

Mississippi Motorboater

Untouchable Busty Southern Belle
kiwifarms.net
Ironically enough, one of Lucas's main inspirations for the Tusken Raiders were Native Americans as they were depicted in old Hollywood Westerns from the 1950's.

George Lucas is a huge sperg for old Westerns, as are a lot of older Boomers who like genre fiction.
I mean, who can blame them? I'm probably the youngest person on this thread, and I'm borderline obsessed with older Westerns. Which only makes the public circlejerk around The Blandalorian all the more grating when I hear fart-huffing shills squeal shit like: "OHMIGOSH! This show is, like, totally like one of those old Spaghetti Westerns!" And then I ask them to tell me which ones they've seen, and they can't name a Western film that isn't one of Tarantino's tacky homages.

None of them have seen a film by Leone or Corbucci, or Sollima or Valerii, Petroni or Varii, none of them. They talk big shit about how much they love the Western genre, but their love of it only extends to crap that's inspired by them.

It's fucking nauseating, I tell you.

I thought Tenel Ka, Jacen, Jaina and co weren't knighted until after he returned from his torture by the Vong?
Correct. They get knighted in Destiny's Way. Luke also pronounces Jaina as "Sword of the Jedi", but as I've stated in my posts on LOTF, it doesn't really play a role in the story or really even inform her character until that arc.

I don't remember if they ever used the term Padawan during NJO, but the idea was that they were still technically apprentices (which might have been the term they used) like during the YJK series. After all, Jacen and Jaina were only 16 at the start of the conflict.
Indeed, The term "padawan" didn't exist in 1998 when Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta wrote YJK, but every resource referring to those events have retconned the Solo Twins and their companions as padawans during that time period. They're all given the usual group teaching under Luke before they're allowed formal one-on-one training under a Master (Jaina being under Mara's tutelage, and both Jacen & Anakin learning under Luke).

I don't think the term Padawan is even uttered by Luke or his generation of Jedi Knights until Dark Nest, and that was after Ep. III had been released and the EU authors finally had the entirety of the PT to work around.

Everyone who participated in the Mission to Myrkr was knighted when Jacen got back, and most of them were around 20 years old, which is pretty much the normal age for Jedi to be knighted. The outlier would be Tahiri, who was 15 at the time. That pretty much opened up a can of worms which led to Ben Skywalker being knighted at fucking 14.
Ben is considered for Knight status at a remarkably young age because he proves to his father that he has wisdom and maturity that even surpasses his own. In LOTF: Fury, Luke is still festering in a state of emotional and psychological decay in the wake of Mara's death, refusing to take a more proactive role as leader to the Jedi Council, and even fosters some subconscious suicidal urges as Ben later recognizes. Out of the two of them, it's Ben who takes charge and tries to grapple with the situation at hand, managing to wrench his father out of his emotional paralysis. This impresses Luke so profoundly--especially considering Ben's immense trauma at Jacen's hands, and turbulent relationship with his parents--that he decides his son is ready to build his own lightsaber, and take the mantle of Jedi Knight.

Ben essentially plays the role that Rey is supposed in TLJ, except he does in a story that isn't written by an abject and total retard.
Still, the nature of the EU meant that Jacen, Jaina and friends were all overpowered as fuck even as apprentices so your sentiment stands. Jacen and Jaina should have been considered superweapons at the beginning of the Vong war with all the shit they had accomplished.
Indeed. One of their earliest feats of Force Proficiency during the war is the Mind Meld from within their starfighters, which becomes so recognized as a potent Force skill that even the adults start using it...and it becomes a staple of combat within the New Order as late as LOTF. Jaina Solo is shown to be the only one powerful enough at the time--even moreso than her senior Jedi contemporaries--to reach into the mind of a comatose Tahiri Veila to help her combat a latent personality (long fucking story), and she also proves to be the Jedi to take down the formidable Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster, Tsavong Lah. And that's not even getting into the shit that Jacen pulls off at the end of Unifying Force, which is still one of the greatest feats of any Force wielder in galactic history.

One could argue that the mantle of Padawan is basically only a formality considering how ridiculously powerful they are, but the Solo Children still have to demonstrate the level of maturity and rationality to convince Luke that they qualify for Knight status---two things that they struggled to show much of during YJK. It's only during the Yuuzhan Vong War, when the children are subjected to the horrors of war and are essentially forced to grow up overnight (Jacen especially), that they reach the maturity needed for Knighthood.

As impressive as it is that Anakin Skywalker is knighted so early in his 20's, I think Jaina and Jacen being knighted at 19 is even more impressive. The nature of their experiences during that conflict are arguably worse than anything he faced during the Clone Wars, harsh and sobering to where they basically became adults in adolescent bodies.

But as we see in Dark Nest, the clear casualty is Jacen letting the wisdom of his experiences fill him with a sense of invincibility and all-knowing wisdom...both of which go to his head, and corrupt the inquisitive, philosophical outlook of his youth.

Itchy Bacca

kiwifarms.net
Good Lord if Doctor Aphra PhD's actually been cancelled after 4-5 unholy years with her obnoxious meme and quip-spouting ass I might unironically NUTT.
View attachment 1740732

Edit:
Also after checking that list of upcoming comics from Twitter, I noticed this...
View attachment 1740761
That suicide watch link seems to be broken.

Flaming Carrot

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1740732

DarthRuiz30

Edit:
View attachment 1740761
I was wondering this kind of thing myself, and I found a bit of info about royalties on franchise novels from Lawrence Watt-Evans, who wo has written a few Star Trek books in between his original novels -

It occurred to me that Alan Dean Foster probably has a better deal than most of the tie-in writers, as his Star Wars stuff was written before Star Was a big deal. I hope Tom Veitch, Cam Kennedy, and everyone else is getting paid something, but Marvel is the kind of company that didn't even send Jim Starlin a ticket to see Guardians of the Galaxy, and he created half the characters in that movie. So, I'm sure they're not rushing t get the checks, and Disney is trying to act they don't have to pay royalties if they don't feel like it.

Tags
None