Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

Itchy Bacca

kiwifarms.net
It is not normal for the break to not be announced ahead of time.

I don't pay too much attention so I'm sure some NYEEEEEEERD can correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think breaks are normal unless a Story Line has ended and they are starting a new one. Publishers don't want people having their habits. Less so because some comics are sold via subscription and not shipping a title means subscribers would be rightfully pissed. In this case, very likely the Marvel Star Wars subscriptions run Jan to Jan, not shipping the Jan release means you just bill everyone 11/12th what you would have normally.

Usually any schedule disruption can only mean invasion is a title changing publishing schedule because of declining sales; move a book from weekly to bi-weekly or monthly, move a monthly to semi-monthly - lowers the cost of the subscription to keep subscribers hooked, makes it a less costly pick up, you can start shifting writers & artists to other projects. Basically supply and demand.
Thanks for your council.

Reactions: General F-Mantoid

jspit2.0

kiwifarms.net
That's what the Lego Holiday Special is for with its time travel shenanigans and having Rey be the ultimate heroine and even beating Vader and everyone else with ease.
View attachment 1738073
And reminder that the Lego shit is Canon to everything else in Disney despite Wookieepedo's claims.
Also the Lego Holiday Special viewers claims they "fixed" Finn by making him a jedi. Wow. What a fix.

Did you catch what they did there though? She refers to herself and others to her as a Jedi FUCKING MASTER!!!!

I shit you not. Rei is now, canonically, a Jedi Master. Fuck. Oh. Oh. And did anyone else notice how badly they got Daisy's accent wrong? I mean what the hell.

Sithis

Dread Lord of the Void
kiwifarms.net
So today's episode has the X-Wing pilot tell Cara Dune he served "during Alderaan," which is an odd expression. You don't hear people say "I served during 9/11." But then he says the stupidest shit in all of Star Wars (yes, even worse than the PT and ST nonsense):

He asks her, "Did you lose anyone at Alderaan?" :story: Dude, you realize the whole planet blew up, right?
I caught that too and it came off as strange phrasing to me. Alderaan just got vaporized, it wasn't even a planet of military importance iirc just a planet with a lot of wealthy people, some of whom were big supporters of the rebellion. But I don't remember any reference of any military action there, which was part of what made its destruction so shocking - "these guys are really bad guys because they just blew up a peaceful civilian planet only because Leia and some rebellious senators were from there"
Man, if those retards on Twitter actually successfully get Gina Carano kicked off the show I’m gonna be extremely fucking annoyed.
Right now it's a coin flip. I mean they got rid of Johnny Depp, aka the only reason people even still watch Pirates of the Caribbean movies, because his coked out ex screeched at him in court. But Carano is a woman herself so they won't want to swing the axe as quickly as they would with a man. The thing is that she's not big status like RDJ when the twitter mob tried to make controversy over his playing a dude playing a black dude as a tongue in cheek critique of blackface. Chris Pratt barely survived his recent controversy due to his religious faith. Carano by comparison is small potatoes so they know they'd be less likely to face significant blowback based on sheer fan appeal. If anything saves her it will be because they realize that firing a Strong Woman character over something trivial could bite them on the ass significantly harder than just pretending they don't notice the troons whining about it.

Last edited:

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net

Of course I get quoted when I'm doing half-assed tired posting.

I'm not an expert in traditional Graphic Novel Serial comic book space, I am a damn novice. I've actually never bought a traditional comic book, I always get my THEY'RE CALLED GRAPHIC NOVELS, MOM! GOD! in trade paperbacks. I know some aged information about golden-age & silver age Webcomic publishing from being in webcomic circles and some general publishing space knowledge. My more direct knowledge is about publishing traditional ISBN-listed books, and its not expansive - if you read any webcomic artist's blog post bitching about the hassle of getting their book printed/shipped, that generally covers it.
My Comic knowledge comes from people who did work on traditional Comic Books and either posted in the same spaces or did webcomics & traditional novels; and most of those guys were on the writing side. I'd also add that details on my knowledge are about a decade out of date, but I don't think much has changed other than the diversity push, but that's not really new its just a different flavor of marketing pandering.

I'd like to reiterate, the main thing that announcement that makes a body go Hrm is that Marvel didn't push out messaging about the title taking a break. Usually industry gossip will get out, so if you are wanting to reassure people you release shit about what you're doing as soon as you can to get ahead of the rumor mill. Even if you don't officially release, you toss one of your friendlies in the press a bone by giving that coveted "a source close to" quote. If Marvel didn't press release this before people noticed, that means very likely means Marvel doesn't know what the fuck they're doing yet.

And add here there is a big difference between the way giants like Marvel run and the way smaller indy houses operate. Basically Marvel/DC have books ready to run with minimum of three and usually 6-12 month lead times. (Ironically more popular books usually run shorter lead times so they can see what fans say and make adjustments - those titles are usually backed by large enough teams redoing an issue on short notice isn't a huge problem.) The big houses leverage their ability to absorb a shit title to get longer term, higher margin contracts with distributors, shops, and I think individuals (DC used to have a direct-to-consumer or nearly direct line for their big books like Batman, get your Bat by mail. They may still have it, I don't know. Marvel might only do in-shop subscriptions. Again, no clue. Never subscribed). Marvel is as a big target with a reputation. They have a bit to lose if they don't hit a shipping deadline. Smaller houses can't afford to run a stinker, so they will operate on tighter time lines, usually with no lead buffer - unannounced disruptions are not overly uncommon, and titles vanishing without a trace is also pretty normal.

Now again, speaking in generalities from 3rd parties, and that my memory is working and not leaving out key details, when you subscribe to a title traditionally you head down to your comic shop and obtain a list of new titles. Sometimes the neckbeard behind the counter knows you and what you like, sometimes there's a white/chalkboard, sometimes you just ask for the monthly catalog. If you are wanting, say, X-men, there may be 3 X-men titles on the docket. There's the main title, Uncanny X-men, but then you may also have like X-Men:Trouble at Old Mill if they are running a side story to main one or X-men: D-listers if they feel like the market will let them run it. You can order just the next issue, or you can subscribe to the run: if its a limited series, it'll say how many issues there are. Otherwise its a yearly/rest of the year subscription. If you subscribe, there's usually a discount. You can also just subscribe to "X-men" and get all the issues for everything under X-men heaing, except the ones you explicitly say you don't want, which is why they run a book like D-Listers: you hope the people with the everything X-men subscriptions will decide its not worth the effort to unsubscribe, and are entertained enough to keep going.

This is a long, winding, autistic wind ride to say that Marvel knows what they're doing at least 6 months in advance, possibly an entire year. They have to manage distribution and new projects, allot people and budget, and track progress. The logistics feed-tube is long, and they know what's in it and what's not. Marvel as people to manage, and those people need to know what they're working on.

Now, that said.
Publishers will sometimes put a book on ice to thaw it out later. Sometimes they'll drop a release schedule for an underperforming title to see if it does better with a slower release; there was a case where that happened to a bigger title (It might have been She-thor) and that did improve numbers for a little while.

My personal guess work speculation, which i ask you to read the first paragraph again and weigh how much that's worth, is that they are wanting to shit-can the title but worried about Dangerhair backlash. You quietly remove the title from the catalog and see who screams and how loudly. If the PR hit looks too bad, you just say "It was just a social experiment break to work out some new story lines." The writers/art team aren't saying shit because if they do, the book is dead for sure (or they're off it) and very likely hurt their careers.
The fact its not on the list for the first month of the year makes me think someone wants the title dead.

I believe our esteemed 5-star Mantis mentioned this back when the Star Wars LootCrate went belly up, but when they stopped being a mechanism to get Dr. Aphra shipped, that probably really hurt the title's numbers and profits.

Also some shit about COVID disruptions, so stuff outside of normal is expected now a days.[/i]

General F-Mantoid

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I caught that too and it came off as strange phrasing to me. Alderaan just got vaporized, it wasn't even a planet of military importance iirc just a city with a lot of wealthy people, some of whom were big supporters of the rebellion. But I don't remember any reference of any military action there, which was part of what made its destruction so shocking - "these guys are really bad guys because they just blew up a peaceful civilian planet only because Leia and some rebellious senators were from there"

Right now it's a coin flip. I mean they got rid of Johnny Depp, aka the only reason people even still watch Pirates of the Caribbean movies, because his coked out ex screeched at him in court. But Carano is a woman herself so they won't want to swing the axe as quickly as they would with a man. The thing is that she's not big status like RDJ when the twitter mob tried to make controversy over his playing a dude playing a black dude as a tongue in cheek critique of blackface. Chris Pratt barely survived his recent controversy due to his religious faith. Carano by comparison is small potatoes so they know they'd be less likely to face significant blowback based on sheer fan appeal. If anything saves her it will be because they realize that firing a Strong Woman character over something trivial could bite them on the ass significantly harder than just pretending they don't notice the troons whining about it.
Based on og canon and what I've read just now in regards to Disney canon, there was no conflict on Alderaan in either continuity, so this is either another retcon by Disney or some really bad wording. It would've made more sense for them to have been talking about the conflict on New Alderaan which in old canon was the target of imperial splinter factions a few times over the years where refugees had to fight for their lives with the aid of the NR, and I could believe the imperial remnants wanting to stamp out Alderaanian survivors as some sort of message to the NR or simply out of spite.
aefb31af8242bd58051534b9215517d7857a3a6113276505d01591eff63ca6b1.jpg
the heinous alderaanian.jpg

Based on the most recent episode, Carano's character may be "promoted" to a New Republic police officer. Chances are based on conversations and theories I'm seeing, they will either simply and quietly write her out by sending her character to work in the Core Worlds, they kill her off or use the opportunity to portray the NR police force as corrupt and turn her into a bad guy in an attempt to make fans dislike her. Regardless, poor girl seems screwed for being an independent woman by the so called forward thinking twitter crowd. How ironic.

Jimmy Durante's Ballsack

Live a little
kiwifarms.net
So today's episode has the X-Wing pilot tell Cara Dune he served "during Alderaan," which is an odd expression. You don't hear people say "I served during 9/11." But then he says the stupidest shit in all of Star Wars (yes, even worse than the PT and ST nonsense):

He asks her, "Did you lose anyone at Alderaan?" :story: Dude, you realize the whole planet blew up, right?
Didn't you know about the entire off-screen battle that was fought to try to keep the Death Star from blowing up Alderaan? The one that Princess Leia knew nothing about and we never heard about until now? Yeah that one.

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
Based on og canon and what I've read just now in regards to Disney canon, there was no conflict on Alderaan in either continuity, so this is either another retcon by Disney or some really bad wording. It would've made more sense for them to have been talking about the conflict on New Alderaan which in old canon was the target of imperial splinter factions a few times over the years where refugees had to fight for their lives with the aid of the NR, and I could believe the imperial remnants wanting to stamp out Alderaanian survivors as some sort of message to the NR or simply out of spite.
View attachment 1741865View attachment 1741866

Based on the most recent episode, Carano's character may be "promoted" to a New Republic police officer. Chances are based on conversations and theories I'm seeing, they will either simply and quietly write her out by sending her character to work in the Core Worlds, they kill her off or use the opportunity to portray the NR police force as corrupt and turn her into a bad guy in an attempt to make fans dislike her. Regardless, poor girl seems screwed for being an independent woman by the so called forward thinking twitter crowd. How ironic.
I find it hard to believe they'll fire Gina or remove her from the story at all since her character only shows up like once a season. In terms of "scandals", the one she was involved in was pretty small and most people already forgot about it after she roid raged the fuck out of those dudes in the recent episode. Most reactions I've seen damn near paused the video have a quick moment to themselves if you catch my drift.

HeyYou

YOU BETTER RUN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ben is considered for Knight status at a remarkably young age because he proves to his father that he has wisdom and maturity that even surpasses his own. In LOTF: Fury, Luke is still festering in a state of emotional and psychological decay in the wake of Mara's death, refusing to take a more proactive role as leader to the Jedi Council, and even fosters some subconscious suicidal urges as Ben later recognizes. Out of the two of them, it's Ben who takes charge and tries to grapple with the situation at hand, managing to wrench his father out of his emotional paralysis. This impresses Luke so profoundly--especially considering Ben's immense trauma at Jacen's hands, and turbulent relationship with his parents--that he decides his son is ready to build his own lightsaber, and take the mantle of Jedi Knight.

Ben essentially plays the role that Rey is supposed in TLJ, except he does in a story that isn't written by an abject and total retard.
Yes, but Ben was totally willing to kill Cal Omas in cold blood to ingratiate himself with Caedus. That is not behavior worthy of being knighted. Either way, no Jedi should be allowed to be a Knight that young. Being a Knight necessitates independence and adult decisions, and at the end of the day Ben was a child. If LotF took place four or so years later it would be fine but as written it was absurd, and in universe pretty much every other Jedi should have questioned Luke on whether he was doing it because Ben was his son.

Indeed. One of their earliest feats of Force Proficiency during the war is the Mind Meld from within their starfighters, which becomes so recognized as a potent Force skill that even the adults start using it...and it becomes a staple of combat within the New Order as late as LOTF. Jaina Solo is shown to be the only one powerful enough at the time--even moreso than her senior Jedi contemporaries--to reach into the mind of a comatose Tahiri Veila to help her combat a latent personality (long fucking story), and she also proves to be the Jedi to take down the formidable Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster, Tsavong Lah. And that's not even getting into the shit that Jacen pulls off at the end of Unifying Force, which is still one of the greatest feats of any Force wielder in galactic history.
I'm referring specifically to their actions in YJK, where they started at convincing an Imperial pilot to not kill them and worked their way up to destroying secret Dark Jedi training academies and defeating alien-supremacist alliances.

Last edited:

HeyYou

YOU BETTER RUN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit they even canonized him as a Jedi. Cue literally everyone saying "where the absolute fuck was he during the sequel trilogy!?" Also his artwork looks fucking terrible.

EDIT: It's probably going to be deleted. It's from the card game, which had a bunch of Legends content in it. The talk page is already questioning why the article exists, because characters like Jerec also got cards and they don't have canon pages.

Last edited:

Itchy Bacca

kiwifarms.net
Of course I get quoted when I'm doing half-assed tired posting.

I'm not an expert in traditional Graphic Novel Serial comic book space, I am a damn novice. I've actually never bought a traditional comic book, I always get my THEY'RE CALLED GRAPHIC NOVELS, MOM! GOD! in trade paperbacks. I know some aged information about golden-age & silver age Webcomic publishing from being in webcomic circles and some general publishing space knowledge. My more direct knowledge is about publishing traditional ISBN-listed books, and its not expansive - if you read any webcomic artist's blog post bitching about the hassle of getting their book printed/shipped, that generally covers it.
My Comic knowledge comes from people who did work on traditional Comic Books and either posted in the same spaces or did webcomics & traditional novels; and most of those guys were on the writing side. I'd also add that details on my knowledge are about a decade out of date, but I don't think much has changed other than the diversity push, but that's not really new its just a different flavor of marketing pandering.

I'd like to reiterate, the main thing that announcement that makes a body go Hrm is that Marvel didn't push out messaging about the title taking a break. Usually industry gossip will get out, so if you are wanting to reassure people you release shit about what you're doing as soon as you can to get ahead of the rumor mill. Even if you don't officially release, you toss one of your friendlies in the press a bone by giving that coveted "a source close to" quote. If Marvel didn't press release this before people noticed, that means very likely means Marvel doesn't know what the fuck they're doing yet.

And add here there is a big difference between the way giants like Marvel run and the way smaller indy houses operate. Basically Marvel/DC have books ready to run with minimum of three and usually 6-12 month lead times. (Ironically more popular books usually run shorter lead times so they can see what fans say and make adjustments - those titles are usually backed by large enough teams redoing an issue on short notice isn't a huge problem.) The big houses leverage their ability to absorb a shit title to get longer term, higher margin contracts with distributors, shops, and I think individuals (DC used to have a direct-to-consumer or nearly direct line for their big books like Batman, get your Bat by mail. They may still have it, I don't know. Marvel might only do in-shop subscriptions. Again, no clue. Never subscribed). Marvel is as a big target with a reputation. They have a bit to lose if they don't hit a shipping deadline. Smaller houses can't afford to run a stinker, so they will operate on tighter time lines, usually with no lead buffer - unannounced disruptions are not overly uncommon, and titles vanishing without a trace is also pretty normal.

Now again, speaking in generalities from 3rd parties, and that my memory is working and not leaving out key details, when you subscribe to a title traditionally you head down to your comic shop and obtain a list of new titles. Sometimes the neckbeard behind the counter knows you and what you like, sometimes there's a white/chalkboard, sometimes you just ask for the monthly catalog. If you are wanting, say, X-men, there may be 3 X-men titles on the docket. There's the main title, Uncanny X-men, but then you may also have like X-Men:Trouble at Old Mill if they are running a side story to main one or X-men: D-listers if they feel like the market will let them run it. You can order just the next issue, or you can subscribe to the run: if its a limited series, it'll say how many issues there are. Otherwise its a yearly/rest of the year subscription. If you subscribe, there's usually a discount. You can also just subscribe to "X-men" and get all the issues for everything under X-men heaing, except the ones you explicitly say you don't want, which is why they run a book like D-Listers: you hope the people with the everything X-men subscriptions will decide its not worth the effort to unsubscribe, and are entertained enough to keep going.

This is a long, winding, autistic wind ride to say that Marvel knows what they're doing at least 6 months in advance, possibly an entire year. They have to manage distribution and new projects, allot people and budget, and track progress. The logistics feed-tube is long, and they know what's in it and what's not. Marvel as people to manage, and those people need to know what they're working on.

Now, that said.
Publishers will sometimes put a book on ice to thaw it out later. Sometimes they'll drop a release schedule for an underperforming title to see if it does better with a slower release; there was a case where that happened to a bigger title (It might have been She-thor) and that did improve numbers for a little while.

My personal guess work speculation, which i ask you to read the first paragraph again and weigh how much that's worth, is that they are wanting to shit-can the title but worried about Dangerhair backlash. You quietly remove the title from the catalog and see who screams and how loudly. If the PR hit looks too bad, you just say "It was just a social experiment break to work out some new story lines." The writers/art team aren't saying shit because if they do, the book is dead for sure (or they're off it) and very likely hurt their careers.
The fact its not on the list for the first month of the year makes me think someone wants the title dead.

I believe our esteemed 5-star Mantis mentioned this back when the Star Wars LootCrate went belly up, but when they stopped being a mechanism to get Dr. Aphra shipped, that probably really hurt the title's numbers and profits.

Also some shit about COVID disruptions, so stuff outside of normal is expected now a days.[/i]
I've updated my blog post with some of your commentaries, but I feel your opinion is valid. Others may disagree, and that's fine. But it's useful for opening up a discussion.

Is there any way to get sales data on the Disney Star Wars novels? Is there a site like Chomichron for novels?

jspit2.0

kiwifarms.net
I find it hard to believe they'll fire Gina or remove her from the story at all since her character only shows up like once a season. In terms of "scandals", the one she was involved in was pretty small and most people already forgot about it after she roid raged the fuck out of those dudes in the recent episode. Most reactions I've seen damn near paused the video have a quick moment to themselves if you catch my drift.

With Disney Star Wars Hope is not a realistic expectation. The worst possible choice is the one I expect and if not I am happily surprised.

Yes, but Ben was totally willing to kill Cal Omas in cold blood to ingratiate himself with Caedus. That is not behavior worthy of being knighted. Either way, no Jedi should be allowed to be a Knight that young. Being a Knight necessitates independence and adult decisions, and at the end of the day Ben was a child. If LotF took place four or so years later it would be fine but as written it was absurd, and in universe pretty much every other Jedi should have questioned Luke on whether he was doing it because Ben was his son.

I'm referring specifically to their actions in YJK, where they started at convincing an Imperial pilot to not kill them and worked their way up to destroying secret Dark Jedi training academies and defeating alien-supremacist alliances.

I definitely admit that the latter day EU was more frustrating for me because of the weakness of the post NJO era. As far as things go, what I regret, as that's all we have left, is the misused concepts and the underutilized ones. Hapes was one. Literally game of thrones in space and it only appeared sporadically. But was that worse than wholesale lost opportunity? Which leads me to the next Independent Force system!

Corporate Sector Authority

The CSA was established in the days of the Old Republic. Designed as a place to resolve controversy between the Senate's regulation and powerful corporations who resented oversight, it was established in the Tingel Arm of the Outer Rim. The CSA established a powerful lobby led by the head of The Tagge Corporation. Tagge and his lobby fiercely supported both Palpatine and the Republic, though the sentiment of the countless corporate states in the CSA leaned toward the CIS.

TaggeCo-GOI.jpg

As a result of the Clone Wars, countless companies lost their assets. Those that remained loyal to the Republic cum Empire reaped massive windfalls. Due to their loyalty and in order to preserve there ability to pursue the kindof crass corporatism that even Imperial law frowned upon, they used their considerable influence to expand the CSA territory and to establish as a dependent sovereign entity.

CSAcolor.png

Governmentally the CSA was governed by an omni-corporation that functioned as an oligarchy.

The CSA's greatest asset was its wealth. It participated in the Imperial Surplus program, buying the lion share of the CIS remaining droids and ships as well as hefty purchases of badly dated Rep/Imp tech. They further chipped into the Empire's coffers with 3% of the sectors profits.

I don't want to oversell the CSA's Imperial allegiances. Various subject corps supported the Alliance with tech and money. The CSA was characterized by one rule alone, greed is good.

NRDF Era 1

After Endor, the CSA attempted neutrality and tried to approach the New Republic. This was less than productive. The NR had very little love for the CSA and the member worlds viewed the frankly vile practices of the corporatist state as in line with the Empire. Remember, even Imperial law frowned on the business practices of the Authority.

This neutrality quickly failed as Grand Moff turned Warlord Zinj conquered the CSA and ruled it until his death.

TheMostImportantManInTheWholeDamnAtlas.jpg

Militarily, the CSA relied on its Security forces. The backbone of the CSA navy was the aging mark 1 Victory Star Destroyer. Supporting these ships was a collection of CSA ships, Lucrehulks, Recusants, and Republic pre Clone Wars Dreadnoughts. The CSA tended to recruit former CIS, Republic, and Imperial officer. A prominent such figure was Jona Grumby and Angela Krin.

Angela_Krin.jpg

Era II-IV

After Zinj's death, the CSA regained its independence. It would carefully navigate Thrawn's return, artfully mollify the resurrected Emperor, and avoid Imperial attempts. At the same time, it increasingly felt pressure from the New Republic. It would avoid the Vong War and since I'm only talking about the Republic there isn't much more to say.

Overall the power of the CSA is not in their military. They have one and it is mostly dependent on older ships and tech. The CSA's power is in its technologies and vast fortune.

HandsomeDan

Longing for 1861...
kiwifarms.net

Yes, that line was strange to me as well. At first I almost thought the guy was implying he was in Imperial service when Alderaan was destroyed, but who knows.

I continue to enjoy the show and whatever the imperials are trying to create is interesting. I also enjoy seeing IRL versions of some of the things we only saw in animation before. It's interesting, entertaining and continues to present itself as being something I would believe would actually exist/occur in the Star Wars universe, and for the most part the actors do appear to be "people" that would exist in Star Wars and not just generic extras like what was so painful to the eyes with the ST. Still not as good as the look of background actors in Rogue One, but far above the ST.

My only complaint is that at a few times some of the set pieces and the fit of the costumes appears somewhat lower budget, but that is ok.

Was anyone else bothered when the two biker scouts immediately crashed into each other? That was off to me.

Mississippi Motorboater

Untouchable Busty Southern Belle
kiwifarms.net
You're welcome to disagree, but I found it to work in context. Ben was someone who was spending almost the entire series relying on other people to make decisions for him--including going along with any and all things that Jacen expected of him as an ally--much to the frustration of his own parents, who were trying to get him to trust his own instincts and take more agency as a person. And yes, when thinking about getting close enough to Jacen to kill him, he does consider carrying out the order to Cal Omas to secure his favor...until he realizes that's precisely what Jacen wants, to make him willing to gamble human lives to get within arm's reach of his true target, as Dark Siders would do. Him sobering up and realizing that is treated as a huge moment of maturity for the character. This is only amplified when we see him act rationally and steadfast where his father couldn't, it's seen as a far cry to where he was at the start of the story.

Moreover, being a Jedi Knight doesn't always necessarily equate to wriggling out of apprenticeship and into full-on independent warriorhood. Remember that Anakin Skywalker was still technically learning under Obi-Wan even after he was knighted. Assuming that Ben is being reigned in just as much as any other Knight of his status (which still remains to be seen, given that I have all of FOTJ I still have to get through), I don't know how much independence is actually granted to him.

From what little I know about FOTJ, Ben and his father are still operating as a Master-Apprentice duo for the remainder of the post-Endor timeline. They go on some kind of galactic odyssey together...I'll have to actually see what that entails.

Uranus Pink

kiwifarms.net
Seen
Was anyone else bothered when the two biker scouts immediately crashed into each other? That was off to me.
Everything with the Imperials was off as all of them got hit repeatedly with the too stupid to live autism bat especially scout troopers. Except for thosee two stormtroopers who noticed the reactor was messed with and proceeded to try and fix it. Frankly the mission should've had at least one or two redshirts to preferably a dozen or more just to kill off to show the Imperials are still an extremely creditable threat to everyone without plot armor. As is how are the Imperials even remotely a threat to the kids at the kindergarten nevermind anyone in the Outer Rim or the Old Republic.

General F-Mantoid

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
With Disney Star Wars Hope is not a realistic expectation. The worst possible choice is the one I expect and if not I am happily surprised.

I definitely admit that the latter day EU was more frustrating for me because of the weakness of the post NJO era. As far as things go, what I regret, as that's all we have left, is the misused concepts and the underutilized ones. Hapes was one. Literally game of thrones in space and it only appeared sporadically. But was that worse than wholesale lost opportunity? Which leads me to the next Independent Force system!

Corporate Sector Authority

The CSA was established in the days of the Old Republic. Designed as a place to resolve controversy between the Senate's regulation and powerful corporations who resented oversight, it was established in the Tingel Arm of the Outer Rim. The CSA established a powerful lobby led by the head of The Tagge Corporation. Tagge and his lobby fiercely supported both Palpatine and the Republic, though the sentiment of the countless corporate states in the CSA leaned toward the CIS.

View attachment 1742007

As a result of the Clone Wars, countless companies lost their assets. Those that remained loyal to the Republic cum Empire reaped massive windfalls. Due to their loyalty and in order to preserve there ability to pursue the kindof crass corporatism that even Imperial law frowned upon, they used their considerable influence to expand the CSA territory and to establish as a dependent sovereign entity.

View attachment 1742001

Governmentally the CSA was governed by an omni-corporation that functioned as an oligarchy.

The CSA's greatest asset was its wealth. It participated in the Imperial Surplus program, buying the lion share of the CIS remaining droids and ships as well as hefty purchases of badly dated Rep/Imp tech. They further chipped into the Empire's coffers with 3% of the sectors profits.

I don't want to oversell the CSA's Imperial allegiances. Various subject corps supported the Alliance with tech and money. The CSA was characterized by one rule alone, greed is good.

NRDF Era 1

After Endor, the CSA attempted neutrality and tried to approach the New Republic. This was less than productive. The NR had very little love for the CSA and the member worlds viewed the frankly vile practices of the corporatist state as in line with the Empire. Remember, even Imperial law frowned on the business practices of the Authority.

This neutrality quickly failed as Grand Moff turned Warlord Zinj conquered the CSA and ruled it until his death.

View attachment 1742018

Militarily, the CSA relied on its Security forces. The backbone of the CSA navy was the aging mark 1 Victory Star Destroyer. Supporting these ships was a collection of CSA ships, Lucrehulks, Recusants, and Republic pre Clone Wars Dreadnoughts. The CSA tended to recruit former CIS, Republic, and Imperial officer. A prominent such figure was Jona Grumby and Angela Krin.

View attachment 1742036

Era II-IV

After Zinj's death, the CSA regained its independence. It would carefully navigate Thrawn's return, artfully mollify the resurrected Emperor, and avoid Imperial attempts. At the same time, it increasingly felt pressure from the New Republic. It would avoid the Vong War and since I'm only talking about the Republic there isn't much more to say.

Overall the power of the CSA is not in their military. They have one and it is mostly dependent on older ships and tech. The CSA's power is in its technologies and vast fortune.
Speaking of the House of Tagge, it looks like Disney recanonized Domina Tagge and made her an enemy for Dr. Aphra...
Its odd how only Marvel-owned EU characters are coming back into the center stage, with even Jaxxon getting his own entry for ESB under Disney despite Marvel ignoring them at first.

Also after reading Itchy's article in more detail...
It would be quite amusing if not only Aphra got canned but the team that worked on her comic got canned along with her.
Holy shit they even canonized him as a Jedi. Cue literally everyone saying "where the absolute fuck was he during the sequel trilogy!?" Also his artwork looks fucking terrible.

EDIT: It's probably going to be deleted. It's from the card game, which had a bunch of Legends content in it. The talk page is already questioning why the article exists, because characters like Jerec also got cards and they don't have canon pages.
Possible, but said card game was also mostly full of Disney canon shit and WEG released a Disney canon guide featuring a shite ton of old canon content yet the stuff from there that they added to the Disney section of the site wasn't contested. Same with some Disney game that featured content from both canons. Then again, Wookieepedia has been in an even more disorderly state since TFA, and even MORE so after TLJ, so I doubt these chucklefucks can maintain a consistent narrative anymore in how they manage the site and what's considered canon. Still hopefully this means we won't have to worry about seeing Kyle Katarn getting kicked in the balls by Aphra anytime soon. And if they brought him back with good intent, that ship sort of sailed when they wasted any potential good will with 6 years of bashing fans and ruining a new era of hype just so they could produce the soulless crapfest that was TFA. Hype was at its peak for SW during the TFA released with the potential to reinvigorate past content but they blew it with a fucking rehash and signing everything off to Bad FUCKING Robot who were clearly disconnected as fuck from the rest of Disney-Lucasfilm.
My only complaint is that at a few times some of the set pieces and the fit of the costumes appears somewhat lower budget, but that is ok.
I think Disney's financial problems have been catching up to them.
1606016455640.jpeg

Last edited:

HandsomeDan

Longing for 1861...
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of the House of Tagge, it looks like Disney recanonized Domina Tagge and made her an enemy for Dr. Aphra...
Its odd how only Marvel-owned EU characters are coming back into the center stage, with even Jaxxon getting his own entry for ESB under Disney despite Marvel ignoring them at first.

Also after reading Itchy's article in more detail...
It would be quite amusing if not only Aphra got canned but the team that worked on her comic got canned along with her.

Possible, but said card game was also mostly full of Disney canon shit and WEG released a Disney canon guide featuring a shite ton of old canon content yet the stuff from there that they added to the Disney section of the site wasn't contested. Same with some Disney game that featured content from both canons. Then again, Wookieepedia has been in an even more disorderly state since TFA, and even MORE so after TLJ, so I doubt these chucklefucks can maintain a consistent narrative anymore in how they manage the site and what's considered canon. Still hopefully this means we won't have to worry about seeing Kyle Katarn getting kicked in the balls by Aphra anytime soon. And if they brought him back with good intent, that ship sort of sailed when they wasted any potential good will with 6 years of bashing fans and ruining a new era of hype just so they could produce the soulless crapfest that was TFA. Hype was at its peak for SW and potentially reinvigorating past content and they blow it with a fucking rehash and signing everything off to Bad FUCKING Robot.

I think Disney's financial problems have been catching up to them.
View attachment 1742196
Oh great, now I will never be able to miss that. That's just poor attention to detail when editing. That's inexcusable.

Tags
None