Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

DamageJoy

Kang
kiwifarms.net
Hahaha, gladly my buddy Dash Rendar faked his death, knowing Disney will ruin his profits and cool ship.

Oh no.

There is a NSFW Star Wars reddit, and this one of their top upvoted pictures.

To be honest, not too different from an on model Rey art.

White Devil

Zyklon Ree
kiwifarms.net
Screenshot_2020-11-22 Dash Rendar.png

This hurts my heart. Dash Rendar was my favorite SW character of the late 90s. He was everything Solo was originally intended to be but they skimped out on so he could get the Princess.

General F-Mantoid

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hahaha, gladly my buddy Dash Rendar faked his death, knowing Disney will ruin his profits and cool ship.

Oh no.

To be honest, not too different from an on model Rey art.
View attachment 1742667
This hurts my heart. Dash Rendar was my favorite SW character of the late 90s. He was everything Solo was originally intended to be but they skimped out on so he could get the Princess.
Wow even Jason Fry, the co-author of many sourcebooks, guides and magazines, no longer has respect for the setting and its characters. Did Disney just bluepill everyone or did the buyout and Twitter just expose their true colors?

Edit:
Also some bad news I guess... According to WDW Pro, the success of the Mandalorian is making Disney consider extending Kathleen Kennedy's contract with Lucasfilm for a few more years despite that she has almost nothing to do with it other than taking undeserved credit as Lucasfilm lead. This supposedly may cause issues with Favreau who was at one point considered for a leadership position at Lucasfilm. If KK's indestructible bitchiness results in Favreau walking then honestly Disney deserves to tank for being stupid enough to trust this cunt... again while passing up on the guy that's actually managed to make this nuked franchise remotely entertaining once more. Then again, the power of Spielberg is just too strong and he'd never let his #1 cum rag get kicked out or shoved into a lower position since she's practically industry anathema now so no one else would take her.

Double Edit:
Looks like Itchy and Clownfish covered it too.
(Wow, Geeky isn't in this one)

Last edited:

DamageJoy

Kang
kiwifarms.net
Wow even Jason Fry, the co-author of many sourcebooks, guides and magazines, no longer has respect for the setting and its characters. Did Disney just bluepill everyone or did the buyout and Twitter just expose their true colors?

Edit:
Also some bad news I guess... According to WDW Pro, the success of the Mandalorian is making Disney consider extending Kathleen Kennedy's contract with Lucasfilm for a few more years despite that she has almost nothing to do with it other than taking undeserved credit as Lucasfilm lead. This supposedly may cause issues with Favreau who was at one point considered for leadership position at Lucasfilm. If KK's indestructible bitchiness results in Favreau walking then honestly Disney deserves whatever failure they get afterwards for being stupid to trust this cunt... again.

Double Edit:
Looks like Itchy and Clownfish covered it too.
(Wow, Geeky isn't in this one)
I think you can look at it from a peer pressure perspective not to mention, if your livelihood depends on working for the man, you need to adapt to the man's whims.
If you were to protect the old EU and the fans you would be labelled a "bad word" and replaced with a the tons of people who are standing in line to get a job to pay their college debt.

On the edit: yeah corporate/organizational world is like that. Kennedy must have a ton of contracts and it's good to carry out any order corporate gives her, so she gets the job.

Imperial Citizen

For the Empire!
kiwifarms.net
Did you catch what they did there though? She refers to herself and others to her as a Jedi FUCKING MASTER!!!!

I shit you not. Rei is now, canonically, a Jedi Master. Fuck. Oh. Oh. And did anyone else notice how badly they got Daisy's accent wrong? I mean what the hell.
Well, if you are the only jedi alive at particular point in time, technically that would make you the highest ranking jedi. After all, who the fuck is going to challenge you on that claim? But yeah, she ascended in rank faster that a character in an Elder Scrolls game.

Miller

kikongo fucking shits
kiwifarms.net
So today's episode has the X-Wing pilot tell Cara Dune he served "during Alderaan," which is an odd expression. You don't hear people say "I served during 9/11." But then he says the stupidest shit in all of Star Wars (yes, even worse than the PT and ST nonsense):
He asks her, "Did you lose anyone at Alderaan?" :story: Dude, you realize the whole planet blew up, right?
At first I thought that the line didn't make sense since like you said Alderaan blew up, but the rebel pilot wants her to join the New Republic so he's probably using an emotional angle since he also left a medal on the table.

jspit2.0

kiwifarms.net
Well, if you are the only jedi alive at particular point in time, technically that would make you the highest ranking jedi. After all, who the fuck is going to challenge you on that claim? But yeah, she ascended in rank faster that a character in an Elder Scrolls game.
Luke didn't become a Master because Yoda died.

At first I thought that the line didn't make sense since like you said Alderaan blew up, but the rebel pilot wants her to join the New Republic so he's probably using an emotional angle since he also left a medal on the table.

Survivor would be better. You survive a massacre, your serve in battle.

DamageJoy

Kang
kiwifarms.net
Popping into this thread because I thought the lego holiday special way cute/fun. Also Rey is still my favorite SW character after Kylo.

Give me my neg rates.
Nah. You only get neg rates if you get into arguments about lore. :story:
Also Lego movies are usually fun.

Imagine going from a gal who never heard of the force to a jedi master in a few weeks/months/years.
Seriously how much time is spent between the movies of the sequel trilogy?

True. It took him quite a lot of work to actually get to a master. You need to have wisdom and arcane knowledge.
Not even Anakin got the Master rank because he lacked wisdom and experience.

jspit2.0

kiwifarms.net
Popping into this thread because I thought the lego holiday special way cute/fun.
Tide pods aren't 100% effective...
Also Rey is still my favorite SW character after Kylo.
You get the rating for calling Rey Sue a character. Describe her.
Also Lego movies are usually fun.
This one must be the exception
Imagine going from a gal who never heard of the force to a jedi master in a few weeks/months/years.
Months at most. LJ takes places within hours of FA and rise takes place a few months after LJ. She's a Master in months.
True. It took him quite a lot of work to actually get to a master. You need to have wisdom and arcane knowledge.
Not even Anakin got the Master rank because he lacked wisdom and experience.
Yeah, almost as if they had character traits and arcs?

DamageJoy

Kang
kiwifarms.net
Months at most. LJ takes places within hours of FA and rise takes place a few months after LJ. She's a Master in months.
Jedi Knights hate her!
Random junkrat discovers magic formula to master the Force using 10 simple tricks.
[Learn more >>>]

Yeah, almost as if they had character traits and arcs?
You need to have characters first.

Imperial Citizen

For the Empire!
kiwifarms.net
Remember, there was another. And based on Legends, there was a few Jedi masters in hiding.
The whole trilogy is over a year. The only characters to get as powerful as Rey in faster time would be Revan in KOTOR, the Exile in KOTOR 2, and Starkiller in TFU.

Actually now that I think about, the whole sequel trilogy works on video game logic. Fetch quests, villains suffering no loss to their armies despite being dealt massive damage, and a main character that is a blank slate.

DamageJoy

Kang
kiwifarms.net
The whole trilogy is over a year. The only characters to get as powerful as Rey in faster time would be Revan in KOTOR, the Exile in KOTOR 2, and Starkiller in TFU.

Actually now that I think about, the whole sequel trilogy works on video game logic. Fetch quests, villains suffering no loss to their armies despite being dealt massive damage, and a main character that is a blank slate.
Both Revan and the Exile had a force using career before the events of the game. Also neither of them pull feats (in game footage) that come close to Rey's overpowering of Palpatine's lightning that previously was able to stun a whole fleet. (From all the stuff of the EU, they had to pick up the bullshit OP force powers, didn't they,)

But yeah, the dagger plot is... something out of a 90s graphic adventure game. It's way too specific and depends on standing on an exact angle on a planet while looking at ruins that could change over time due to degradation.
Space white trash girl who happened to be powerful in the force? Not too different from Anakin's setup.
Well Anakin's space battle over Naboo certainly was weird. Unless R2D2 flew the fighter which would make sense in hindsight.

jspit2.0

kiwifarms.net
Space white trash girl who happened to be powerful in the force?
Being strong in the force is not a character trait or a character arc.
Not too different from Anakin's setup.
Not close
I wonder how many people who call Rey a Mary Sue and whine constantly about her like Beowulf
I doubt you've actually read Bewoulf, and I don't care if you have. We're talking about Star Wars.

One came out a thousand years before the other.

Typical Sequel Simp. Attack and misdirect.

Remember, there was another.
Which has nothing to do with being a Jedi Master and there were, in Disney canon, no other Jedi active.
And based on Legends, there was a few Jedi masters in hiding.
Disney nuked Legends. They don't coexist.
The whole trilogy is over a year.
I find it difficult to give it a year. Unless 11 months twenty one days pass between Jedi and Skywalker.
The only characters to get as powerful as Rey in faster time would be Revan in KOTOR, the Exile in KOTOR 2, and Starkiller in TFU.
Not even close. Rey can transport objects instantaneously bending space and time.

Well, Starkiller was never a blank slate. Revan and Exile were RPG characters. Canonically, like Kyle Katarn, they have characters.

Both Revan and the Exile had a force using career before the events of the game.
Plus this. Revan was an actual Jedi Master.
Also neither of them pull feats (in game footage) that come close to Rey's overpowering of Palpatine's lightning that previously was able to stun a whole fleet. (From all the stuff of the EU, they had to pick up the bullshit OP force powers, didn't they,)
This too, but that's nothing compared to literally rending the fabric of reality and being able to slide between life and death on a whim.
Well Anakin's space battle over Naboo certainly was weird. Unless R2D2 flew the fighter which would make sense in hindsight.

He was specifically a mechanic who piloted pod racers. Just like Luke flew T16s. Him flying a ship with an Astromech and an onboard autopilot to help is far less weird than picking up a Lightsaber for the first time and soloing a Sith Lord.

DamageJoy

Kang
kiwifarms.net
He was specifically a mechanic who piloted pod racers. Just like Luke flew T16s. Him flying a ship with an Astromech and an onboard autopilot to help is far less weird than picking up a Lightsaber for the first time and soloing a Sith Lord.
Yup. Not to mention dueling usually comes to the protags slow. See how Luke was being bullied by the training droid and how Anakin and Luke was trashed badly in their middle movie.
The lightsaber duel in Episode 7 not only broke the attempt to rip off Episode 4 but it just made Kylo look weak.

Also, the knights of ren. What the heck where those? They had cool masks, but they weren't dark jedi or anything. Meh.
Of course judging from the choreography even Maul would have toasted everybody in the sequel trilogy.

Imperial Citizen

For the Empire!
kiwifarms.net
Which has nothing to do with being a Jedi Master and there were, in Disney canon, no other Jedi active.
My comment was that with no other Jedi, Rey could claim to be a Jedi master. Luke couldn’t because he’s not a brat and there would be other Jedi that could dispute Luke’s claim.
I find it difficult to give it a year. Unless 11 months twenty one days pass between Jedi and Skywalker.
No that is exactly the timeframe. The First Order conquers the galaxy and collapses within a year. In part because somehow FTL travel in the galaxy became instantaneous as that is the only way galactic conquest could happen that fast.

Android raptor

50% android, 50% raptor, 100% autistic
kiwifarms.net
Has Rey been labeled as a jedi master in anything but the lego special?

And yeah I read Beowulf back in high school and even then was amazed that it was nothing more than the world's oldest gary stu fanfic. My point is that I get the feeling a lot of people who shit fire over Rey are perfectly ok with or even like characters that are significantly worse Sues.

Tags
None