Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

The Last Boyscout

kiwifarms.net
936b0cc7639293cc53df06bca87123ae.jpg

This poster here has more lore than that book ever will have on the Sith.
it's also really telling that this took next to no effort. David Gaider just had to come up with content for KOTOR's Sith Academy and asked Lucas, and him replying 'idk lol - never thought the Sith would have a code, make one up!' and him just going 'well, what would start as the most logical opposition to the Jedi Code?'

and yet still that kind of relatively straightforward process resulted in something better than anything I've seen so far from the convoluted High Republic. on that topic, if anyone's brave enough to actually read through and link some lulzy comic panels of some fat Jedi in action or something, feel free. Could use a good laugh.

I there's one good thing that came out of this Carano situation is that it apparently is to Fandom Menace/ Filoni vs. KK people what the 20th of January was to the Trust The Plan, QAnon. Very few people aside from Doomcuck and the people that follow him (unfortunately Midnight's Edge being one of them) believe it anymore.
I'm not so sure about that one, chief - immediately upon it happening I saw youtube fuckheads like Mike Zeroh and yea Doomcuck and some others spam a ton of 'Favreau is LIVID over this' and 'he's planning to quit!' bullshit and I get the impression this narrative of a 'war' is gonna step up TBH. 'Gina Carano fired for her tweets? more like to sabotage Fav/Filoni's rescue of Star Wars! omg, I'm so smart for seeing through the conspiracy!' but I suppose time will tell lol - frankly, I have zero investment as to what bullshit the public narrative turns out to be and just want to see it all burn as I enjoy the cool shit that came before all this in peace.

Last edited:

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not so sure about that one, chief - immediately upon it happening I saw youtube fuckheads like Mike Zeroh and yea Doomcuck and some others spam a ton of 'Favreau is LIVID over this' and 'he's planning to quit!' bullshit and I get the impression this narrative of a 'war' is gonna step up TBH. 'Gina Carano fired for her tweets? more like to sabotage Fav/Filoni's rescue of Star Wars! omg, I'm so smart for seeing through the conspiracy!' but I suppose time will tell lol - frankly, I have zero investment as to what bullshit the public narrative turns out to be and just want to see it all burn as I enjoy the cool shit that came before all this in peace.
Reminder that these are the stupid fucking faggots who are self aware that their giving money to Disney is why it keeps going. They have repeatedly said "Never again" while consooming as they do it. They are their own fifth column, and might as well be a new marketing arm for Disney given their tendency to try and make people care.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
LOL, oh Ezra. That's hilarious. If that happens, then Disney is trolling. No way they don't know about the "Space Aladdin" jokes that were floating around when Rebels first came out.

Anyways, I just finished playing Fallen Order, and I enjoyed it. Its a simple enough story without bogging down the gameplay with too many cut scenes, and I had fun exploring most of the levels. Combat is generally pretty fun too (I really got addicted to reflecting blaster bolts at Stormtroopers). The game's dedication to exploring the levels kind of reminded me of games like Banjo Kazooie, if that makes any sense, lol. I also got a classic "Shadows of the Empire" vibe from playing it as well.

I guess the issues that dragged the game down were the AWFUL map system (seriously, have good luck looking around Dathomir) and the lack of any vehicles levels (usually a highlight of Star Wars games). But those don't drag the overall enjoyment down too much.

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
LOL, oh Ezra. That's hilarious. If that happens, then Disney is trolling. No way they don't know about the "Space Aladdin" jokes that were floating around when Rebels first came out.

Anyways, I just finished playing Fallen Order, and I enjoyed it. Its a simple enough story without bogging down the gameplay with too many cut scenes, and I had fun exploring most of the levels. Combat is generally pretty fun too (I really got addicted to reflecting blaster bolts at Stormtroopers). The game's dedication to exploring the levels kind of reminded me of games like Banjo Kazooie, if that makes any sense, lol. I also got a classic "Shadows of the Empire" vibe from playing it as well.

I guess the issues that dragged the game down were the AWFUL map system (seriously, have good luck looking around Dathomir) and the lack of any vehicles levels (usually a highlight of Star Wars games). But those don't drag the overall enjoyment down too much.
I stopped playing when I got to the first main world. Should probably go back sometime.

Admiral Mantoid

Griffith and Israel did nothing wrong.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I fucking knew it. Not only was the Space Aladdin description perfectly apt., but like I suspected the Ahsoka show is just more Filoniverse pandering by being Disney's Thrawn Trilogy but with Aladdin and Ahsoka replacing Luke and Mara so to remove the romantic tension. Gotta maintain Luke's loser status.
Some of the earliest videos online were of people snipping together audio from One Jump Ahead and Street Rat into Aladdin's Rebels because the first episode was pretty much the plot of Aladdin. Poor orphan boy (who looks exactly like Aladdin) goes around stealing food and helping fellow poor people as he runs away from wacky officers, which is then followed by him running up back to his lonely tower full of crap. All the little shit was missing was an alien monkey sidekick to make it complete. So Disney is either really oblivious to the comparison or they think that making an SW character a Disney knockoff means its more popular with kids and teens. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if they don't know about the comparisons or the memes because in the media industry these fucks are always the last to get the memo when it comes to what's trendy or popular online, even if years have passed since a thing was trending.
As for Fallen Order, its gameplay is alright (basically just a Force Unleashed knockoff, so that's hard to fuck up when you're basically just copypasting) but its biggest flaw is its story and character designs more than anything else along with its annoying insistence on trying to tie itself to the sequels and Aladdin's Rebels as much as possible while also jerking off their new precursor species which are just a knockoff of the Kwa. That and its refusal to give you the dark side option like its predecessors is just lazy, but then again, it seems Disney is unwilling to let you be evil in any of their games.

You know the saddest part about this? I didn't pay any attention to this game or had any details; my prediction was based entirely on how the trailer looked. Said trailer had fuck all to show me what it was supposed to be, so I based it mainly on how the characters look like shitty skins for a battle royale game.

It could've been worse; they'd have made a Force Unleashed probably using either Kylo Ren or one of their other characters from whatever books they have. You're suggesting shit that Disney will always refuse to make; stuff that would get interest from actual fans and humans in general.

That's planning that you know they never did.

Backtracking requires them to bother to remember any of the horseshit they spewed over the years. Planning at all is too hard for the mongos managing LFL.

936b0cc7639293cc53df06bca87123ae.jpg

This poster here has more lore than that book ever will have on the Sith.
To add to this, I went over to SW.com to check out their article on this nu-Sith crap and their Hunters game, and I hadn't checked the site since their High Republic release which caused the Facebook/comment section of their site to be flooded with hate and criticism. So what do they do? They do what the Oscars did and disable comments while only keeping the Facebook share option.
Can't have any wrongthink now can we? Its funny really. For almost 2 years now activity on the site's comments had long been dead with only a handful of comments, some of which were bots, ever commenting. High Republic draws in their biggest crowd (mostly critical) and they shut it all down.
fc840026159bab0ac434e6d25c54f663221a515025cfdd08f74f125e126bd9a0.jpg
What a clever business tactic.

Last edited:

jspit2.0

kiwifarms.net
I fucking knew it. Not only was the Space Aladdin description perfectly apt., but like I suspected the Ahsoka show is just more Filoniverse pandering by being Disney's Thrawn Trilogy but with Aladdin and Ahsoka replacing Luke and Mara so to remove the romantic tension. Gotta maintain Luke's loser status.

How does that even work?

I've oozed on here more than once about the Thrawn trilogy, but it really is that good. What makes it good is how these disparate threads come together, something that neither Mando, Rebels, or Season 7 of the Clone Wars managed to pull off.

Forgetting the plot, how can Ahsoka slot in there? I get Ezra, he's a Luke Skywalker clone without any of Luke's character or development. But Ahsoka?

Mara in the Heir to the Empire books is a genuinely jaded, no pun intended, former Imperial who at the time no one knew what she was going to do. She was the perfect cynical foil for the idealistic Luke Skywalker.

I can't even pin Ashoka's personality, but with not one but two hazy characters...

As for taking things from Luke? Luke's done. Hamil's old and Disney owns everything. I'm sure a generation from now turnover happens, but for the next twenty years? No one's stealing anything. Best thing that can happen if you love a certain Tatooine farm boy is he gets left on the shelf for a while.

Some of the earliest videos online were of people snipping together audio from One Jump Ahead and Street Rat into Aladdin's Rebels because the first episode was pretty much the plot of Aladdin. Poor orphan boy (who looks exactly like Aladdin) goes around stealing food and helping fellow poor people as he runs away from wacky officers, which is then followed by him running up back to his lonely tower full of crap. All the little shit was missing was an alien monkey sidekick to make it complete. So Disney is either really oblivious to the comparison or they think that making an SW character a Disney knockoff means its more popular with kids and teens. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if they don't know about the comparisons or the memes because in the media industry these fucks are always the last to get the memo when it comes to what's trendy or popular online, even if years have passed since a thing was trending.
I liked Ezra as space Aladdin better than him being Luke 2.0 in Season 3 and 4. He's in that Filoni spot where he's an actual character, just a bad photocopy of a better one. Parasite Dave doesn't do originality. I think your right on the money he's going to rip something or someone off. But the question is does he risk doing the Thrawn trilogy or go for something simpler like he did with Mando. (stealing plots from Old Westerns).
As for Fallen Order, its gameplay is alright (basically just a Force Unleashed knockoff,
Every SW game of the last ten years is derivative.
so that's hard to fuck up when you're basically just copypasting) but its biggest flaw is its story and character designs more than anything else along with its annoying insistence on trying to tie itself to the sequels and Aladdin's Rebels as much as possible while also jerking off their new precursor species which are just a knockoff of the Kwa. That and its refusal to give you the dark side option like its predecessors is just lazy, but then again, it seems Disney is unwilling to let you be evil in any of their games.
Oh man, the character designs. I had such high hopes with the shipyards in the beginning.

HandsomeDan

Longing for 1861...
kiwifarms.net