Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
Japan knows the rest of Asia hates their guts and with good reason.

All of the asian ethnicities hate each other. Its like 1800s Europe without the slight veneer of civility and mild respect for certain parts of other ethnic groups.

I knew girl who was 2nd generation Chinese almost get into a fight at a party because someone called her Korean. In her words while being held back from launching herself, she was angry because "I'm not a fucking dog-eater, bitch!"

They just currently hate Japan partly because of Japanese Colonialism, but also because they got free economic boosts from America that their leadership didn't just piss away.

The Last Boyscout

kiwifarms.net
I wonder how the SJWs would react to being proven, through a canon source no less, that that fat black Jedi in the High Republic comic is actually ethnically Han Chinese.

lmao...even better, I wonder how the chinese audience this is targeted at would react to that picture of her. you think SJWs cancel quick? nothing compared to how quickly most asian cultures cancel any black person, especially if told they're supposed to be their ethnicity. :story:

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
This shit just keeps getting worse and worse from a PR standpoint.

I only hope Gina speaking out spurs other fired Lucasfilm employees into speaking out or releasing a tell-all. Especially Rinzler who probably doesn't have much time left on this Earth sadly.
Gina's firing has all the right-wingers rallying to her like a flag. Looks like she did become the symbol of freedom that Disney originally wanted Cara Dune to be. Only in a way they never expected.

And speaking of Earth, apparently the "Vow of Silver Dawn" (the Chinese-exclusive Disney Wars webnovel series set at the end of the High Republic which was discussed in the thread before) apparently canonized the SW galaxy to be the Milky Way Galaxy...
To be specific, everyone recalls that it was mentioned previously in this thread that the main setting of this story was basically space China; well the name of the main star system of this series is the Heaven System and its heart is planet Earth... The Heaven System is 99.9% humans (Chinese humans), and the culture, language and people are referred to as Qiankun ("Everything on Heaven and Earth") based on translations. There are also irl items and foodstuffs in the setting, including a fruit named after the Chinese Emperor Ziying. Also all the character names in the book are real life english and Chinese names with only one made up space name according to translations. There's also a lot of real Chinese chicken-based foods. Strangely enough, the god of this star system isn't some Chinese deity or a Buddha, but the "Holy Mother" who characters say looks like the MC, who is a guy. I guess they wanted to preserve the Force is Female theme. Also what are the odds that the MC was going to be a girl before they realized the Chinese wouldn't go for it?

I knew they wanted to go the extra mile by basically making it space China for max pandering but I didn't think they would go this far. I mean obviously there was an evil american president stand-in from planet burgerland in it from the get-go, but still... And the most incriminating thing is that the book reveals that the Disney Wars Galaxy is the Milky Way Galaxy (OUR GALAXY) and is trying to imply that humans (probably the Chinese) colonized this Heaven system via a special space station called "Chi" and spread from there to the rest of the galaxy 2,000 years ago in its most recent chapters... This basically just throws a huge wrench into Disney shit's continuity and it fits even less with Pre-Disney canon like KOTOR, Tales of the Jedi and Supernatural Encounters (what with Disney poorly trying to reference them as of late) which had humans already running about way way way before 2,000 years ago.

ThatStarWarsGirl has been reading a version of the translated series on her youtube and there's some links available on reddit that lead to a google doc which has only translated 10 chapters out of over 100, so a whole lot of shit is still missing and the translations are a bit more liberal to make it ""fit better".
Personally its best you don't waste your brain cells unless you enjoy self-imposed lobotomies.

Also here's its Wookieepedo page and its TV tropes page.

Now excuse me as I go cleanse myself.
View attachment 1940149
And to think this High Republic shit is what Disney believes will start a whole new chapter in the SW saga for them and that Vow of Silver Dawn will be the key to making Disney Wars popular in China, which (as a reminder) has flopped hard over there and met with negative reception from both non-fans and Chinese fans.
For the love of God, are they really this stupid? They still want to pander this Force is female shit to China, A COUNTRY THAT IS STRICTLY PATRIARCHAL TO THE POINT WHERE THEY ABORT UNWANTED BABY GIRLS! In every Chinese show I've watched, China values strong male authority figures. Making the core of Space China's religion out to be this "Holy Mother" of the Force is not only offensive to the atheistic Chinese, it also offends many traditional Chinese who hate feminism and who laud masculine values and behavior. Looks like they didn't learn a damn thing from their failures with the Sequel Trilogy in China. China likes male authority figures, male fantasy deities, and masculine heroes like Optimus Prime. That's why the Transformers movies, and other movies with strong men in charge, tend to do well in the Chinese market.

Well, I can't wait for this project to fail in China and for Disney to look like the unimaginative slobs that they are. Aside from being suck-ups to an actual tyrannical state that makes Nazi Germany look like the Care Bears.

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
China likes male authority figures, male fantasy deities, and masculine heroes like Optimus Prime. That's why the Transformers movies, and other movies with strong men in charge, tend to do well in the Chinese market.
You rang?
Well, I can't wait for this project to fail in China and for Disney to look like the unimaginative slobs that they are. Aside from being suck-ups to an actual tyrannical state that makes Nazi Germany look like the Care Bears.
Its only going to get worse as it's starting to look like the WHO might have been covering up Coronavirus getting leaked from a lab in order to not completely offend China.

Regardless, China being dumbshits in trying to hide the disease under the rug for too long and obviously faking the mortality numbers is going to have serious economic repercussions, in addition to all the other bad shit going on. Disney is shortsighted if they think China is ultimately going to bail them out of the economic shithole Iger put them in.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
You rang?
Yes, I rang. Don't you know you're big in China? XD
Its only going to get worse as it's starting to look like the WHO might have been covering up Coronavirus getting leaked from a lab in order to not completely offend China.
Exactly. Once the whole world finds that out, every corporation sucking up to China will have the same reputation as say, Nazi collaborators.
Regardless, China being dumbshits in trying to hide the disease under the rug for too long and obviously faking the mortality numbers is going to have serious economic repercussions, in addition to all the other bad shit going on. Disney is shortsighted if they think China is ultimately going to bail them out of the economic shithole Iger put them in.
Disney is a baizuo company full of feminists and other easily-offended snowflakes. The real hardcore Commies back in China, the ones who shoot people for dissenting opinions, see them as tools, nothing more. The Chinese have seething hatred and contempt for the baizuo, and China wouldn't even piss on them to put out a fire.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
You know, if a company has to make a specific chunk of their fictional space universe China just to appease the Chinease..MAYBE..JUST FUCKING MAYBE The Chinease might be racist fucking assholes you shouldn't want to do business with?
And the funny thing is, the stuff they're trying to pander to the Chinese is the same feminist bull-crap they're pandering here. Which means the Chinese will throw it back in their faces since they don't want that Baizuo crap. They want strong men doing strong masculine things.

The Doom Slayer

Tempered by the fires of Hell
kiwifarms.net
For me, the Carano thing was the final straw. I was, perhaps foolishly, holding out some hope that they'd learned from their sequel trilogy stupidity. I liked Mando, didn't think it was amazing or anything, but her firing pulled the rug out from under all of it and exposed the fact that Disney is still just as fucking retarded as ever.

So fuck it. In my eyes, the Disney shit did not happen, period. I look at it this way - LOTR is my favorite story of all time, pretty much sacred in my eyes. If some opportunistic, greedy fuckweasel of a company (such as Disney) god forbid acquired the rights to the franchise and decided to make "Lord of the Rings 4: The Revenge of Sauron", would I take it seriously? Fuck no I wouldn't. Just like how I don't even acknowledge all those terrible Terminator films that got shat out after T2.

ROTJ was, and still is, pretty much perfect as an ending. And if I really wanted a continuation, there's the original EU (which I have some issues with, but it's still infinitely better than any of Disney's garbage).

This shit just keeps getting worse and worse from a PR standpoint.

I only hope Gina speaking out spurs other fired Lucasfilm employees into speaking out or releasing a tell-all. Especially Rinzler who probably doesn't have much time left on this Earth sadly.

And speaking of Earth, apparently the "Vow of Silver Dawn" (the Chinese-exclusive Disney Wars webnovel series set at the end of the High Republic which was discussed in the thread before) apparently canonized the SW galaxy to be the Milky Way Galaxy...
To be specific, everyone recalls that it was mentioned previously in this thread that the main setting of this story was basically space China; well the name of the main star system of this series is the Heaven System and its heart is planet Earth... The Heaven System is 99.9% humans (Chinese humans), and the culture, language and people are referred to as Qiankun ("Everything on Heaven and Earth") based on translations. There are also irl items and foodstuffs in the setting, including a fruit named after the Chinese Emperor Ziying. Also all the character names in the book are real life english and Chinese names with only one made up space name according to translations. There's also a lot of real Chinese chicken-based foods. Strangely enough, the god of this star system isn't some Chinese deity or a Buddha, but the "Holy Mother" who characters say looks like the MC, who is a guy. I guess they wanted to preserve the Force is Female theme. Also what are the odds that the MC was going to be a girl before they realized the Chinese wouldn't go for it?

I knew they wanted to go the extra mile by basically making it space China for max pandering but I didn't think they would go this far. I mean obviously there was an evil american president stand-in from planet burgerland in it from the get-go, but still... And the most incriminating thing is that the book reveals that the Disney Wars Galaxy is the Milky Way Galaxy (OUR GALAXY) and is trying to imply that humans (probably the Chinese) colonized this Heaven system via a special space station called "Chi" and spread from there to the rest of the galaxy 2,000 years ago in its most recent chapters... This basically just throws a huge wrench into Disney shit's continuity and it fits even less with Pre-Disney canon like KOTOR, Tales of the Jedi and Supernatural Encounters (what with Disney poorly trying to reference them as of late) which had humans already running about way way way before 2,000 years ago.

ThatStarWarsGirl has been reading a version of the translated series on her youtube and there's some links available on reddit that lead to a google doc which has only translated 10 chapters out of over 100, so a whole lot of shit is still missing and the translations are a bit more liberal to make it ""fit better".
Personally its best you don't waste your brain cells unless you enjoy self-imposed lobotomies.

Also here's its Wookieepedo page and its TV tropes page.

Now excuse me as I go cleanse myself.
View attachment 1940149
And to think this High Republic shit is what Disney believes will start a whole new chapter in the SW saga for them and that Vow of Silver Dawn will be the key to making Disney Wars popular in China, which (as a reminder) has flopped hard over there and met with negative reception from both non-fans and Chinese fans.
And then there's this tsunami of absolute nonsense. The funny thing is, no matter how hard Disney tries to brainwash their precious China into becoming Star Wars consoomers, it's not going to happen. They don't give a shit about the franchise. Never have, and never will, no matter how much shameless pandering they do.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
For me, the Carano thing was the final straw. I was, perhaps foolishly, holding out some hope that they'd learned from their sequel trilogy stupidity. I liked Mando, didn't think it was amazing or anything, but her firing pulled the rug out from under all of it and exposed the fact that Disney is still just as fucking retarded as ever.
Considering that Disney had its own internal struggles over merely giving Luke Skywalker his due for ONE FUCKING EPISODE, I had little to no hope for Disney going forward. And the fact that they're trying to shill feminist crap to the Chinese goes to show how little they understand Chinese culture. The Chinese will view it as patronizing at best, and insulting at worst. It seems that Disney never had a plan. They allowed Filoni to defang the Empire in Rebels, they allowed JJ and Ruin Johnson to make a laughing stock of themselves in the Sequels, so why should we expect good judgement and planning from a corporation that spent $4 billion to buy Star Wars, only to utterly shit the bed and fail in a way that even the Prequels couldn't get close to?
So fuck it. In my eyes, the Disney shit did not happen, period. I look at it this way - LOTR is my favorite story of all time, pretty much sacred in my eyes. If some opportunistic, greedy fuckweasel of a company (such as Disney) god forbid acquired the rights to the franchise and decided to make "Lord of the Rings 4: The Revenge of Sauron", would I take it seriously? Fuck no I wouldn't. Just like how I don't even acknowledge all those terrible Terminator films that got shat out after T2.

ROTJ was, and still is, pretty much perfect as an ending. And if I really wanted a continuation, there's the original EU (which I have some issues with, but it's still infinitely better than any of Disney's garbage).
That's what most of us do. For me, it's the Old Republic stuff, the movies, the EU surrounding that era the post-ROTJ series like the Thrawn Trilogy, Dark Empire, and Crimson Empire, as well as the Jedi Knight games. And MAYBE the Yuuzhan Vong books and the Legacy Era comics.
And then there's this tsunami of absolute nonsense. The funny thing is, no matter how hard Disney tries to brainwash their precious China into becoming Star Wars consoomers, it's not going to happen. They don't give a shit about the franchise. Never have, and never will, no matter how much shameless pandering they do.
It shouldn't be that hard to make Star Wars big in China. Just do what the Trasnformers movies do-provide a strong male hero and have him do cool shit onscreen for 2 hours while have the women be gorgeous hotties on the side. Shit, I bet I can make a Tales of the Jedi movie series based on the comics that can sell well in China, since they have all the ingredients that made the Bayformers films sell well there. Basic good versus evil morality, lots of good action, hot space babes, and shit blowing up on a large scale.

Instead, Disney wants to shove in the same goddess worship and ethnic pandering that failed in the Sequels. Again. As if they didn't learn the last time that people hated that shit in Last Jedi. The Chinese won't like it, the CCP won't like it, at most, that High Republic shit will just end up in the garbage cans of China while they go off to watch Transformers 6.

The Last Boyscout

kiwifarms.net
It shouldn't be that hard to make Star Wars big in China. Just do what the Trasnformers movies do-provide a strong male hero and have him do cool shit onscreen for 2 hours while have the women be gorgeous hotties on the side. Shit, I bet I can make a Tales of the Jedi movie series based on the comics that can sell well in China, since they have all the ingredients that made the Bayformers films sell well there. Basic good versus evil morality, lots of good action, hot space babes, and shit blowing up on a large scale.
oh fuck yes. there's plenty of ancient sith lords with powerful Sith male energy that would deffo stand a good chance of selling well in China, but I could totes see them deciding to asian-fy Exar Kun (his default black hair and facial features aren't that far off from it anyway) and him just being a total boss for 2 hours straight, like he is in the comics, being a big magnet pull for them. also the whole Qel-Droma brothers drama, good shiz for a culture that's all about dem male-oriented family values.

too bad, tho, that Disney already pulled the gun on decanonizing it all and that they can't just adapt it! instead they'd have to steal all those ideas and rearrange them into their own version and if they do that they just won't be able to resist making them all strong, stunning and brave womyn (aside from shitting up whatever made that story work to begin with) - thus defeating their appeal to the Chinese market lmao.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Disneys ultimate issue is it wants star wars to be all things to all people. It wants to break the chinese market but it also want to expand into differant western demographics while still maintaining it's established fanbase. It also wants to appear moral to modern neo liberal corporate woke without offending the 95% of the human race who don't feel that way for a broad variety of reasons. Finally it wants to make an obscene amount of cash during a recession in an already overcrowded market.
You'd be better off re-booting star wars as a gothic horror franchise because at least then you'd have a coherant objective and audience.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
oh fuck yes. there's plenty of ancient sith lords with powerful Sith male energy that would deffo stand a good chance of selling well in China, but I could totes see them deciding to asian-fy Exar Kun (his default black hair and facial features aren't that far off from it anyway) and him just being a total boss for 2 hours straight, like he is in the comics, being a big magnet pull for them. also the whole Qel-Droma brothers drama, good shiz for a culture that's all about dem male-oriented family values.
Exactly. You look at best-selling Chinese dramas and operas, and it's all about that male energy. The females are only tolerated if they're hot or they serve a story purpose, which the women of Tales of the Jedi have. Strong male leads, hot female leads, that's how you sell to people in a country like China. Take 80s-style action movies, and bump up the male energy and the female titillation factor, and there you go.

too bad, tho, that Disney already pulled the gun on decanonizing it all and that they can't just adapt it! instead they'd have to steal all those ideas and rearrange them into their own version and if they do that they just won't be able to resist making them all strong, stunning and brave womyn (aside from shitting up whatever made that story work to begin with) - thus defeating their appeal to the Chinese market lmao.
Yes, which means that their attempts to make their own Old Republic stuff in China, like the High Republic, will crash hard like the Hindenburg and not even garner China's attention.

Disneys ultimate issue is it wants star wars to be all things to all people. It wants to break the chinese market but it also want to expand into differant western demographics while still maintaining it's established fanbase. It also wants to appear moral to modern neo liberal corporate woke without offending the 95% of the human race who don't feel that way for a broad variety of reasons. Finally it wants to make an obscene amount of cash during a recession in an already overcrowded market.
You'd be better off re-booting star wars as a gothic horror franchise because at least then you'd have a coherant objective and audience.
They saw George Lucas making money by slapping the Star Wars name on plastic toys and other merchandise, and thought that they could replicate that success while at the same time marketing to a horribly woke western crowd AND a Chinese crowd that sees woke values as sappy emotional western bullshit. They really are that blind. There's a reason why Transformers films sell well to China-because they don't waste time appealing to a woke audience. They just have male heroes like Optimus Prime and Mark Wahlberg do awesome hero shit, and that shit actually sells there. Either make something for the western audience, or make something for the eastern audience. Or just make something that's its own thing. Anime, for instance, doesn't give two shits about western values and instead appeals to Japanese people and other Asians. Which is why a lot of westerners who hate the woke shit find anime appealing, since it doesn't pander to the lowest common denominator in the west.

Disney has the unholy combination of greed and liberal preaching. They want to go on a soapbox and cry about how tolerant and protective they are of the oppressed minorities, while making shit-tons of cash and appealing to a male-dominated, action-oriented, patriarchal culture across the pond. They really are just that blind and stupid. If these people weren't born with silver spoons in their mouths, they'd have been eradicated by nature due to how self-deluded and stupid they are. If they worked in the Imperial Navy, you bet your ass Vader would have executed the lot of them for being clumsy and stupid by now.

Imperial Citizen

For the Empire!
kiwifarms.net
For the love of God, are they really this stupid? They still want to pander this Force is female shit to China, A COUNTRY THAT IS STRICTLY PATRIARCHAL TO THE POINT WHERE THEY ABORT UNWANTED BABY GIRLS! In every Chinese show I've watched, China values strong male authority figures. Making the core of Space China's religion out to be this "Holy Mother" of the Force is not only offensive to the atheistic Chinese, it also offends many traditional Chinese who hate feminism and who laud masculine values and behavior. Looks like they didn't learn a damn thing from their failures with the Sequel Trilogy in China. China likes male authority figures, male fantasy deities, and masculine heroes like Optimus Prime. That's why the Transformers movies, and other movies with strong men in charge, tend to do well in the Chinese market.

I don't see there being much of an issue for the Chinese if there is some mythical female deity. Their folk religions and myths have female characters, often as a Mother Goddess. So making the mystical element of the force tied to a Mother would connect with Chinese audiences as being something spiritual. Now if they made the main character a woman, yeah, that wouldn't be popular.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
I don't see there being much of an issue for the Chinese if there is some mythical female deity. Their folk religions and myths have female characters, often as a Mother Goddess. So making the mystical element of the force tied to a Mother would connect with Chinese audiences as being something spiritual. Now if they made the main character a woman, yeah, that wouldn't be popular.
But often, said mother goddess has to share the pantheon with male deities. By having the chief god be a woman, that's insulting to the patriarchal Chinese. Not only do most Chinese not worship gods anymore, but those who do usually worship male deities along with female deities, or just male deities. They're trying to push the same goddess worship they're pushing here to a bunch of Chinese who are split between ancient patriarchal religious customs and Communist atheism. That's not going to work.

Last edited:

Kane Lives

Peace through power
kiwifarms.net
All that bellyaching about what the Chinese wants also misses one point: when they watch wypipo movies, they want to see wypipo doing cool stuff in wypipo settings.

Case in point, they got Matt Damon to star in a Chinese movie because they wanted to see fucking Matt Damon do Matt Damon things. Certainly, they do not want to see this grotesque facsimile of their own culture as reimagined by soytards. If the Chinese wanted to see stuff based on their own culture, there's literally thousands of Chinese movies they could turn to, and the Chinese movie industry churns them out by the hundreds each year. Why would they need to go to Hollyweird to see that?

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
All that bellyaching about what the Chinese wants also misses one point: when they watch wypipo movies, they want to see wypipo doing cool stuff in wypipo settings.

Case in point, they got Matt Damon to star in a Chinese movie because they wanted to see fucking Matt Damon do Matt Damon things. Certainly, they do not want to see this grotesque facsimile of their own culture as reimagined by soytards. If the Chinese wanted to see stuff based on their own culture, there's literally thousands of Chinese movies they could turn to, and the Chinese movie industry churns them out by the hundreds each year. Why would they need to go to Hollyweird to see that?
Exactly. Chinese people go see western movies to see things blow up and to see nice lightshows that their own movie industries can't do. The same goes for Filipinos, Japanese, Koreans, and other Asians who see western movies. They don't want to see the West give half-baked "tributes" to Asian culture, they have their own shows and movies that do a better job of representing their own ancestral stuff. They want to see white people blow shit up and look cool. Or they want to make fun of the funny black man who speaks funny and cracks jokes. It's a hard pill for westerners to swallow, but Asians hate it when the west pretends to be Asian, because westerners usually suck at it.

I remember seeing Asians from Asia having a blast when seeing the SW Prequels or the Transformers movies. These films were panned by western critics, but Asian crowds from Asia loved them for the spectacle and the boom-fiestas. They loved the seeing the Geonosis Battle and Yoda going all apeshit on Count Dooku. They loved seeing Optimus Prime tearing shit up. That's what rakes in the good bucks in the east. If Asians want to see Asian stuff, their own movies and dramas suffice in that regard.

That, and western woke media has no idea what Asians see as good entertainment when it comes to pandering to eastern cultures. Hollywood executives never sat down to watch 95 episodes of the 2010 Three Kingdoms show. They don't watch Asian soap operas and dramas with attractive males and females as the leads. All these pampered white executives do is think that pretending to be Asian gets the Asians to buy their stuff, all the while ignoring the metric shit-tons of money Michael Bay and Hasbro have been raking in from the Chinese market. The answer to the question of "how do we make money from China" is staring them in the face, and they're dumb enough to ignore it.

Last edited: