Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

• Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

White Devil

Well I may be a monster, but you're gay.
kiwifarms.net
Just letting you guys know since it's Star Wars related, several of us from the Comicsgate thread have been looking into the Rewriting Ripley podcasters who recently flagged Ethan VanSciver / @FROG and wrote the Medium Article on the alt-right infiltrating Star Wars.

@Mister Dongs did a great recap of the recent drama here.

I followed up with the dox of the Katie personality, one Katie McCort, a deranged Reylo fangirl with a further recap of the drama here.

This was followed by @Pilule Noire who noticed that Katie was previously employed by Magic Leap, which was contracted by Lucasfilm to work on some project in a post here.

I then doxed the other cohost Lady V, Mariet Guerrero, another Reylo fangirl in a post here, and posted evidence of a possible connection to Michelle Buchman, who was the former Lucasfilm social media manager.

I think you guys will find the posts interesting, especially if Michelle was indeed involved with trying to deplatform Star Wars critics by smearing them as alt-right.
Alt right infiltrating Star Wars? They really are desperate for excuses why no one outside of Twitter likes Disney Wars.

Parallel Moon

kiwifarms.net
Being really big into high fantasy myself, I'm actually planning on getting into Forgotten Realms at some point, mostly because I'm curious about some of the Salvatore stuff like Icewind Dale. Probably will tackle all that after I get through some DragonLance.
If you are going to get into Salvatore's works I'd recommend reading the Dark Elf Trilogy first. Its a little better than Icewind Dale IMO which were Salvatore's first novels. It takes place chronologically before Icewind Dale, too. My favorite by him is the Sellswords Trilogy, but you definitely want to read the books according to the series order.

Some great Forgotten Realms books/series are the War of the Spider Queen series by various authors, the Brimstone Angels series by Erin Evans (as well as her God Catcher standalone novel), the Erevis Cale series by Paul Kemp, Starlight and Shadows, Songs and Swords and Evermeet (which is kind of an in universe mythological and historical text regarding the elves) by Elaine Cunningham, The Avatar Series is pretty good too.

Fun Fact, the Vampire of the Mists by Golden is a Ravenloft/Forgotten Realms crossover.

I need to get into Dragonlance myself. Despite my love of D&D tie-in novels, that's the universe I never read anything from.

I don't think taste is the problem, even for YA material. YA can be perfectly serviceable in most instances--the problem is when you have an author who writes with the attention span, literacy, and prose of a literal teenager. Claudia Grey, Daniel Jose Older and Rae Carson are some of the worst offenders of this.

They don't write characters with different voices--they write all characters, and even their prose, in a literal quippy, cringe-inducing Joss Whedon voice. Grey's newest book, Into the Dark, has that in literal spades, making the story virtually unreadable.
I think you have named a lot of what makes me hate these kinds of books. I like a good quip, but when its every single line of dialogue from every single character it gets tiresome.

I don't know about Wendig though. That guy's writing is like the rantings of someone in the midst of a full-blown manic episode. I've seen both his books and his tweets and all I could think was "this dude's off his meds." lol

I honestly think it has less to do with Disney, and more to do with the publishing branch, and how the leadership has changed. Del Rey still does the books, same as before, but a lot of the people who spearheaded the likes of New Jedi Order, Plagueis, Darth Bane and others don't work there anymore--Betsy Mitchell, Sue Rustoni, hell, I'm not even sure Shelly Shapiro is there anymore. And those were the people who would pitch things like "a full-scale war" or "a Star Wars odyssey into unknown space", and fight tooth and nail to get fantasy/sci-fi authors of decent repute to write books for the brand.

Now, the leadership seems content hiring YA washouts like Grey and Wendig. They've even turned down authors wanting to work with them, like Drew Karpyshyn, whose story pitches for the Nu-Canon have been rejected multiple times.
Yeah I am sure that it's true that the same people don't work there anymore (which is similar to why Bioware games are different than they used to be) but I guess I don't get how a company that powerful and supposedly good at making entertainment can't look at what worked before and bring some of the good stuff in. Like I can't see how they can think getting rid of Mara Jade is a good idea. It's probably for the best, though. They would utterly ruin her.

You gotta love how Disney/LFL have deluded themselves into thinking their efforts are what brought female fans to SW. As if there weren't women reading the books or comics. Making cosplays or writing fanfiction. Getting into literal shipping wars of who Jaina Solo should end up with. Swooning over the likes of Quinlan Vos or the Imperial Knights. There were plenty of female fans in the SW fandom.

The only new female demographic that Disney has attracted with their products is the surge of yeast-infected Reylo's from the most cancerous bowels of Tumblr...and that was a fandom addition I think we can all agree wasn't a good one.
I have to say that it sucks being an old-school female fan of Star Wars and just scifi/fantasy in general. I feel like I am constantly being gaslighted over and over again. All these people want to claim that there were no female fans, no female characters, no female authors, no women of any kind involved in the production of films and so on. Its pretty frustrating because they are just flat out erasing people like me and so many talented women that created so many amazing works.

They act like there were never any female fantasy authors before N.K. Jemisen, or any women at all that liked Star Wars before Kennedy took over and so on. Like Anne McCaffrey, Lois Bujold, Andre Norton, C.L. Moore, and so on never existed and never sold millions of books. All female characters before 2015 were just poorly written eye-candy that had no depth. All those women and girls writing fanfic from the 1960's on were just a figment of my imagination. I must have just had some dream about interacting with other female fans online, I guess. All those pictures of women cosplaying must just be staged by the Patriarchy to confuse us poor little females.

And they'll say stuff like "girls can't relate to Luke Skywalker." Like I remember when I wanted to BE Luke Skywalker. I had an enormous crush on him too haha.

They will even go so far as to say that I am not actually a woman since I don't like Disney Wars. I was told by one idiot that the only reason I didn't like it was because a woman had lines in a film. When I proved to one of them that I was in fact a woman, I was told that I was just doing this to get men to pay attention to me.

I mean, yeah, I've occasionally encountered some sexist assholes online, but it's never been as much of a boy's club as they imagined.

I've found that the only women that actually think this way are the ones that are totally brainwashed by clickbait articles and Twitter, thankfully.

True that. I got into Star Trek in the lead-up to TROS, and am going to pursue some Trek novels in the future (most likely Voyager ones, to satiate my disappointment with that series ending). I'm currently reading the fuck out of the old X-Men comics, which go back literal decades and span numerous authors and artists. Fuck, Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is more of an endearing and epic space opera than any of the current Star Wars, I literally discovered that a few months ago.
I'm still salty about Voyager's ending. I couldn't stand how they tacked on that crap about Chakotay hooking up with Seven. He should have been with Janeway, damnit.

The only people whose interests live or die with Star Wars are the kind of soy-mouthed manbabies whose consumption of fiction boils down to what Disney Plus, Netflix and Think Geek tell them to consume.
I'd rather support one of the talented indie authors out there than consume Disney Wars garbage. Yeah I'm still mad about Star Wars, but I can also just pretend that Star Wars ended with the old EU.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just letting you guys know since it's Star Wars related, several of us from the Comicsgate thread have been looking into the Rewriting Ripley podcasters who recently flagged Ethan VanSciver / @FROG and wrote the Medium Article on the alt-right infiltrating Star Wars.

@Mister Dongs did a great recap of the recent drama here.

I followed up with the dox of the Katie personality, one Katie McCort, a deranged Reylo fangirl with a further recap of the drama here.

This was followed by @Pilule Noire who noticed that Katie was previously employed by Magic Leap, which was contracted by Lucasfilm to work on some project in a post here.

I then doxed the other cohost Lady V, Mariet Guerrero, another Reylo fangirl in a post here, and posted evidence of a possible connection to Michelle Buchman, who was the former Lucasfilm social media manager.

I think you guys will find the posts interesting, especially if Michelle was indeed involved with trying to deplatform Star Wars critics by smearing them as alt-right.
Amusing. So not only does Disney seed their own employees into "fan groups" exactly like I predicted, but they use them for the gay ops that I suspected they do too. Again, the effort they put into doing this is better spent actually making product that doesn't suck, but that's not going to happen.

I mean, why actually be a real people company when you can just mimic the mafia, a ponzi scheme, and scam artists in general?

Also amusing they're trying to ooze back to the Reylos after, you know, utterly blue labia'ing them with the last movie. Shame I bet they're going to crawl right back like the average fucking moron a Star Wars fan is.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
Alt right infiltrating Star Wars? They really are desperate for excuses why no one outside of Twitter likes Disney Wars.
They kinda missed the boat on that one. The idea that they're failing because of the Alt Right might have convinced some people, if the Alt Right is still around. Right now, there's only a few grifters and hangers-on left, whining about their decreased stature to the few fans of theirs who remain after their fire fizzled out at the end of the Gamergate fiasco and the Trump presidency. They're in no shape to be a threat to anybody, least of all a megacorporation that owns most of the fictional IPs today.

Amusing. So not only does Disney seed their own employees into "fan groups" exactly like I predicted, but they use them for the gay ops that I suspected they do too. Again, the effort they put into doing this is better spent actually making product that doesn't suck, but that's not going to happen.

I mean, why actually be a real people company when you can just mimic the mafia, a ponzi scheme, and scam artists in general?

Also amusing they're trying to ooze back to the Reylos after, you know, utterly blue labia'ing them with the last movie. Shame I bet they're going to crawl right back like the average fucking moron a Star Wars fan is.
It actually amazes me that they they had the stones to fuck over the Reylos of all people. You'd think that they would have just made the standard soap opera ending of Kylo and Rey kissing up and becoming lovers after old man Palpatine kicks the bucket, but they can't even do that. They can't even give a satisfying ending to their own fans, they had to kill off Kylo with the most bullshit way possible just so that the woman is the only one left. They could have actually made "The Rise of Skywalker" be about a redeemed Ben Solo helping Rey defeat Palpatine and getting his happy ending, but no, they can't even do that.

It seems that modern Disney is just that allergic to anything good and wholesome. They can't even give a good ending to their own OCs, much less Lucas' story.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They kinda missed the boat on that one. The idea that they're failing because of the Alt Right might have convinced some people, if the Alt Right is still around. Right now, there's only a few grifters and hangers-on left, whining about their decreased stature to the few fans of theirs who remain after their fire fizzled out at the end of the Gamergate fiasco and the Trump presidency. They're in no shape to be a threat to anybody, least of all a megacorporation that owns most of the fictional IPs today.

It actually amazes me that they they had the stones to fuck over the Reylos of all people. You'd think that they would have just made the standard soap opera ending of Kylo and Rey kissing up and becoming lovers after old man Palpatine kicks the bucket, but they can't even do that. They can't even give a satisfying ending to their own fans, they had to kill off Kylo with the most bullshit way possible just so that the woman is the only one left. They could have actually made "The Rise of Skywalker" be about a redeemed Ben Solo helping Rey defeat Palpatine and getting his happy ending, but no, they can't even do that.

It seems that modern Disney is just that allergic to anything good and wholesome. They can't even give a good ending to their own OCs, much less Lucas' story.
Nahh, Disney's just allergic to making anything competent or satisfying to any human in particular. I don't even think their staff likes making it beyond the catharsis of "owning" imaginary enemies from like high school or something really fucking pathetic like that.

Scale Smerch

Pass the cluster rockets
kiwifarms.net
Checking into this thread has got me going back to give the EU books another read (and damn am I thankful I own most of them in hardcover or paperback) just to reminisce in the nostalgia. Although divisive, currently reading through the New Jedi Order again for example really shows how pathetic Disney has become with the IP: you want a strong female character? There's Mara Jade. You want philosophical conflicts? Grab any from the Luke and Kyp dichotomy or Jason's internal struggles. Need some politics just because? Borsk and the New Republic tensions easily provide enough. And then you get a good and unique enemy in the Vong who aren't a simple rehash of the usual Rebels vs. Empire setup (if anything more emulate the Ssi' Ruuk in desires).

The NJO IMO is the culmination of everything Star Wars and how you should treat a well-established franchise. It takes risks and certainly stumbles a lot of the time, but it shows how much imagination pays off and - most importantly - how critical retaining the feel of the franchise is when it comes to sustainability. Just treat the material in the way it was designed without any nonsensical additions (e.g. the usual SJW bullshit) and the fans will keep coming back no matter their disagreements.

Also, because it's a massive pet peeve at this point, the only Han Solo prequel I'll accept is Ann Crispin's Han Solo trilogy. Also Brian Daley's Han Solo Adventures since the Corporate Sector is IMO woefully underutilized as a setting. Disney can fuck up all it wants, so long as I can keep the true timeline on by bookshelf.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
Nahh, Disney's just allergic to making anything competent or satisfying to any human in particular. I don't even think their staff likes making it beyond the catharsis of "owning" imaginary enemies from like high school or something really fucking pathetic like that.
Nah, these kinds of people are under the puerile delusion that merely “subverting expectations” and not giving fans what they want is enough, forgetting the important part where you substitute what they thought they wanted with what they didn’t know they needed. If all you do is subvert and tear down without rebuilding something different and better in its place, then all your left with is a pile of trash that somebody else has to come clean up.

These people don’t have a single creative bone in their body, all they can do is break their own shit and then cry on Twitter when nobody else wants to play with their damaged goods.

Mississippi Motorboater

Untouchable Busty Southern Belle
kiwifarms.net
If you are going to get into Salvatore's works I'd recommend reading the Dark Elf Trilogy first. Its a little better than Icewind Dale IMO which were Salvatore's first novels. It takes place chronologically before Icewind Dale, too. My favorite by him is the Sellswords Trilogy, but you definitely want to read the books according to the series order.

Some great Forgotten Realms books/series are the War of the Spider Queen series by various authors, the Brimstone Angels series by Erin Evans (as well as her God Catcher standalone novel), the Erevis Cale series by Paul Kemp, Starlight and Shadows, Songs and Swords and Evermeet (which is kind of an in universe mythological and historical text regarding the elves) by Elaine Cunningham, The Avatar Series is pretty good too.

Fun Fact, the Vampire of the Mists by Golden is a Ravenloft/Forgotten Realms crossover.
Thanks for the recommendation! I've added them all to my reading list for when I eventually switch gears from SW to high fantasy.

I need to get into Dragonlance myself. Despite my love of D&D tie-in novels, that's the universe I never read anything from.
From what I hear, DragonLance, especially the early Hickman/Weiss stuff, tends to be fairly cliche and stock when it comes to fantasy tropes, hence why people tend to dismiss them.

Personally, with so much contemporary fantasy trying to emulate Game of Thrones and The Witcher, and go all grimy and gritty, purging the genre of any of its pulpy fun or far-fetched concepts, I welcome any chance to revisit the "cliche" fantasy of yesteryear.

I remember only recently how I was scouring media for some fantasy that wasn't the joyless dreck on offer these days, and I stumbled on Record of Lodoss War, which was little more than simplistic D&D tropes filtered through animation...and you wouldn't believe how refreshing and charming I found it.

I think you have named a lot of what makes me hate these kinds of books. I like a good quip, but when its every single line of dialogue from every single character it gets tiresome.
I think it's authorial OCD, the fear that if fictional conversations or prose aren't pumped up through Big Bang Theory Quip-A-Thons, the reader will find the story stale and boring.

What they don't realize is that readers appreciate sincerity and maturity as well. It's true that no one in real life talks like the attendees of the Council of Elrond or the Bridge of the Enterprise, but that doesn't make what they're talking about uninteresting.

Yeah I am sure that it's true that the same people don't work there anymore (which is similar to why Bioware games are different than they used to be) but I guess I don't get how a company that powerful and supposedly good at making entertainment can't look at what worked before and bring some of the good stuff in. Like I can't see how they can think getting rid of Mara Jade is a good idea. It's probably for the best, though. They would utterly ruin her.
This is my stance on the matter. Mara is one of my favorite female SW characters (alongside Jaina, Tahiri, and Vestara), and she would certainly be destroyed by the writing sensibilities of the current canon writer.

Someone like Claudia Grey or Kieron Gillen would take Mara's wry and cold assassin persona and equip her with 85 tons of the same kind of awful "bad girl sass" they give Leia in the current Marvel comics. Or worse, they could have Doctor Aphra dance on her corpse like she does everyone else.

I have to say that it sucks being an old-school female fan of Star Wars and just scifi/fantasy in general. I feel like I am constantly being gaslighted over and over again. All these people want to claim that there were no female fans, no female characters, no female authors, no women of any kind involved in the production of films and so on. Its pretty frustrating because they are just flat out erasing people like me and so many talented women that created so many amazing works.

They act like there were never any female fantasy authors before N.K. Jemisen, or any women at all that liked Star Wars before Kennedy took over and so on. Like Anne McCaffrey, Lois Bujold, Andre Norton, C.L. Moore, and so on never existed and never sold millions of books. All female characters before 2015 were just poorly written eye-candy that had no depth. All those women and girls writing fanfic from the 1960's on were just a figment of my imagination. I must have just had some dream about interacting with other female fans online, I guess. All those pictures of women cosplaying must just be staged by the Patriarchy to confuse us poor little females.
Misguided notions about the "barrier against women" in fantasy/sci-fi are precisely how to spot the posers from the actual fans. It's incredible the way that these people unintentionally marginalize the exact voices they're trying to embolden, by ignoring the years of female fan involvement, and worse, female authors and creators. And a lot of it comes from their staggering lack of knowledge, the fact that their point of reference for women in sci-fi/fantasy only goes back a few years, and not the literal decades that women have been involved in all of these things.

It's the epitome of ignorance. And worse, I hear these cretins try to downplay the contributions of earlier female creations in order to prop up the new ones. Just sticking to Star Wars, I've heard so many Reylo's disregard characters like Mara and Jaina as "not being significant" because they allegedly didn't reach the same popularity or break the kind of barriers that Rey did...you know, just ignoring the number of young women who loved cosplaying as Jaina, fawning over her romance with Jag, rooting for her as she kicked ass as Sword of the Jedi.

And they'll say stuff like "girls can't relate to Luke Skywalker." Like I remember when I wanted to BE Luke Skywalker. I had an enormous crush on him too haha.
I know someone on another forum who is a massive Luke Skywalker fan, having collected tons of Luke merch and reading all of the EU since she was young, not just because she harbored a huge crush on him, but because she loved his big-hearted idealism and innocent farmboy earnesty.

And when The Last Jedi came out, her posts on the forum were morbidly depressed. Seeing the character she'd adored since childhood reduced to a miserable doormat for Rey to walk over, and then die alone and unloved, really hit her hard, to where she can't even enjoy the OT anymore because Luke's journey has such an awful ending.

Disney and their loyal drones love to declare that only "toxic dudebros" were upset with the way Luke was treated, but they don't seem to realize how many women were upset by Luke's portrayal as well.

They will even go so far as to say that I am not actually a woman since I don't like Disney Wars. I was told by one idiot that the only reason I didn't like it was because a woman had lines in a film. When I proved to one of them that I was in fact a woman, I was told that I was just doing this to get men to pay attention to me.
These people make up all kinds of excuses write off detractors of their shitty movies.

You don't have to believe me, but I encountered a Reylo on another forum who told me with a straight face that the reason my criticisms of the films were invalid was because they were "tailor-made for female storytelling sensibilities", so of course men weren't ever going to enjoy them. She stated that TLJ in particular with Rey being tasked to fix a dark stranger like Kylo Ren was rooted in the female satisfaction of stories like Pride & Prejudice, saying that Rey and Kylo were "this generation's Rey and Darcey", something men just didn't understand.

I don't know which part of that I found more insulting: the idea that men can't appreciate classic literature like that of Jane Austen or the Bronte sisters (which I do), or that "only women" can understand tripe like TLJ or the myriad of YA garbage it shares the same tropes with.

I'm still salty about Voyager's ending. I couldn't stand how they tacked on that crap about Chakotay hooking up with Seven. He should have been with Janeway, damnit.
Fuck that ending. Literally cockteasing the audience about them returning to earth, only to cut to black when they get there...and then forcing Seven and Chakotay together at the eleventh hour.

Literally the main reason I'm pursuing the Voyager novels is because I know the authors very astutely decided to axe that romance entirely.

The NJO IMO is the culmination of everything Star Wars and how you should treat a well-established franchise. It takes risks and certainly stumbles a lot of the time, but it shows how much imagination pays off and - most importantly - how critical retaining the feel of the franchise is when it comes to sustainability. Just treat the material in the way it was designed without any nonsensical additions (e.g. the usual SJW bullshit) and the fans will keep coming back no matter their disagreements.
NJO, to me, is Star Wars at its absolute peak. I'm still blown away that even happened. The uncompromising level of violence, bleak war-ridden story, the myriad of cool and fascinating Vong characters and culture, the themes of religious dogma and philosophy, the journeys of growth for all of the "next generation" heroes...

I would honestly give anything to somehow purge my memory clean and have the experience of reading that story for the first time all over again.

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
What they don't realize is that readers appreciate sincerity and maturity as well. It's true that no one in real life talks like the attendees of the Council of Elrond or the Bridge of the Enterprise, but that doesn't make what they're talking about uninteresting.

Snark is the crippled, inbred cousin of wit.

It is easier to write snark than actually have to write an honest dialogue that, god forbid, people make fun of because is serious (counter point: I hate sand)

Misguided notions about the "barrier against women" in fantasy/sci-fi are precisely how to spot the posers from the actual fans. It's incredible the way that these people unintentionally marginalize the exact voices they're trying to embolden, by ignoring the years of female fan involvement, and worse, female authors and creators. And a lot of it comes from their staggering lack of knowledge, the fact that their point of reference for women in sci-fi/fantasy only goes back a few years, and not the literal decades that women have been involved in all of these things.

Literally over a century. Frankenstein is regarded as the first Science Fiction story (though she was writing horror), and it was written by a woman in 1818. But Mary Shelley was not a political radical, sought her husbands approval and relied on him for editing, and had ideas that very, very haram in this day and age, so we need to memory hole her.

You don't have to believe me, but I encountered a Reylo on another forum who told me with a straight face that the reason my criticisms of the films were invalid was because they were "tailor-made for female storytelling sensibilities", so of course men weren't ever going to enjoy them. She stated that TLJ in particular with Rey being tasked to fix a dark stranger like Kylo Ren was rooted in the female satisfaction of stories like Pride & Prejudice, saying that Rey and Kylo were "this generation's Rey and Darcey", something men just didn't understand.

I remember the backlash of that one femcel about the Vader's Nurse horror comic, sobbing about how it was making fun of fangirls.
No, it was a story about a clearly deranged woman and just how much of an unfeeling monster Vader was. Anyone who saw any semblance of themselves in either character needs to get themselves to therapy.

So if ST is for female story telling sensibilities (and men wouldn't enjoy them) why the fuck did they make them Star Wars movies, a heavily male franchise? Why didn't they just make 3 movies that weren't Star Wars to tell the tale of Plank fixing young, otter-mode cleanshaven Space Hitler?

BRB, rebooting Pride & Predjudice as a tits-ass-explosions stag flick, and Phantom of the Opera where the Phantom is an international spy who fucks Christine and her friend in the opening scene, and then they are never seen in story until the very final act - where he invents the motorcycle, while cranking the throttle cucks Raoul publicly in the middle of Faust before kicking Christine off the bike and riding it down the aisle and out into the street.

Iceland Heavy

kiwifarms.net
Not really. With the Mandos, it depends on which ones you sign on with. The Mandalorian Crusaders were at least consistent, they waged war for the sake of waging war, and in the end, they wanted a stronger galaxy with them at the top. They would have won control of the galaxy if it wasn't for the Jedi bailing the Republic out. They were the strongest iteration of the Mandalorians.

The Death Watch are more like the Ironborn, all this talk about warrior tradition, and they barely could put together a force that can take over a pacifist planet. The Sith had to drag their asses to victory with help from some criminals, then the Sith used their warrior traditions against them by going 1v1 on their leader, killing him, and legally taking over. They could barely run an army, but at least they stick to their guns and their tradition, they actually believe in something other than credits.

The so-called "True Mandalorians" are ironically the worst. Sure, they made reforms so they're no longer bandits, but they're just as prone to killing civilians like the other two are just because someone pays them to. (Galidraan) They also don't check who offers them a job, only taking the job and the money, which means that the enemy can easily have a third party offer them a job that turns out to be a trap. (Korda Six, Galidraan) Worst of all, they keep moralizing how bad the Jedi were, despite the fact that the Jedi actually risk their lives and protect the galaxy for a living, while the "True Mandalorians" do nothing but be a militia for the rich and powerful. A bunch of assholes working for the rich and powerful badmouthing those who protect the innocent out of instinct? Yeah, even as a fan of Boba and Jango Fett, I can't justify that shit. Also, it's funny to see them condemn Jedi for being child-snatchers, and yet they snatch kids too. Kal Skirata was snatched up and brainwashed to be a Mando, and yet we're supposed to be angry at the Jedi for doing the exact same thing?
To be fair to the True Mandalorians here, I don't think they slaughtered outright civilians at Galidraan. IIRC they do kill a bunch of militia rebelling against the governor, and given that the governor seems to be a corrupt double dealing prick they probably had good cause to be rebelling. The governor sells out the True Mandos to the Death Watch, and tells them to tell the Jedi that the True Mandos are killing political dissidents which is technically not wrong. The Death Watch then say that they'll do one better and tell them that the True Mandos are killing women and children, and when the governor says there's no proof of that the Death Watch say they'll make some. But you're otherwise right that the True Mandalorians kind of seem like idiots who threw away their traditions to be pure mercenaries, and not even particularly effective ones at that when all they do is die in droves to Death Watch tricks. Jango decides to have his whole band basically commit suicide by space cop trying to take on a Jedi task force and getting wiped out to a man doing so as if there was going to be any other outcome when they have maybe a few hundred men at most.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
Amusing. So not only does Disney seed their own employees into "fan groups" exactly like I predicted, but they use them for the gay ops that I suspected they do too.
I don't think it's a secret, remember "Constable Zuvio" and his Facebook group that was created before everyone knew who that was and then the character never appeared in TFA? That Faceberg group was allegedly created by Porgcuck.

Admiral Mantoid

Griffith and Israel did nothing wrong.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Star Wars YouTube channel has posted a new animatic from The High Republic (with the Leox Gyasi one still only available on StarWars.com)

There’s nothing as cringeworthy as Geode here, but it does link The High Republic to their failed Galaxy’s Edge theme park by having Ady Sun’Zee be assigned to a Jedi outpost on Batuu.
Lol this is just an advertisement for their shitty and dead-in-the-water Galaxy's Edge VR game. That pink jedi is one of the main story elements from that shitty game which came out in November and hasn't been relevant since. I guess both that game and High Republic are trying to leech off each other. The current state of the park though is unknown to me and I honestly don't give enough fucks anymore to find out how its doing. The news is of no help since its all just shilling for Disney sporks and "May the Fourth" crap.

Also just noticed the video calls her a Mirialan despite Mirialans being green only. But I guess that's just Disney taking more shitty liberties like they did with Resistance... and everything else for that matter.

Anyway here are some webms of Squadrons at it worst with bonus tranny content:

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
Lol this is just an advertisement for their shitty and dead-in-the-water Galaxy's Edge VR game. That pink jedi is one of the main story elements from that shitty game which came out in November and hasn't been relevant since. I guess both that game and High Republic are trying to leech off each other. The current state of the park though is unknown to me and I honestly don't give enough fucks anymore to find out how its doing. The news is of no help since its all just shilling for Disney sporks and "May the Fourth" crap.

Also just noticed the video calls her a Mirialan despite Mirialans being green only. But I guess that's just Disney taking more shitty liberties like they did with Resistance... and everything else for that matter.

Anyway here are some webms of Squadrons at it worst with bonus tranny content:
View attachment 2018024
View attachment 2018023
I feel like playing Battlefront 2 2005 or Rogue Squadron 2 and 3 again. At least they didn't disgrace things with this tranny crap.

The Valeyard

kiwifarms.net
New Doomcuck video in which he claims to have received a leak from Jon Favreau's outline for Cara Dune in "The Books of Fett" (sic) and "Rangers of the New Republic"

TL;DW summary
  • In "The Book of Boba Fett" the old Asian dude was going to enlist Cara Dune's help tracking down a rogue group known as The Batch, using her release of Mayfield in "The Mandalorian" season two as leverage
  • Leading into "Rangers of the New Republic" with a team of Cara Dune, Din Djarin, Fennec Shand and old Asian dude fighting against The Bad Batch
  • Old Asian dude dies and with his dying breaths tells Cara Dune that she needs to prepare for a new threat that is "something dark" and that the New Republic hasn't listened to him on this
  • The Rangers are almost defeated when a hooded figure arrives easily dispatching The Bad Batch with a blood-orange lightsaber and is revealed to be Darth Talon
:story:

If someone is "leaking" this stuff to him and he isn't just making it up on the spot, they're definitely trying to make him look stupid.

horni

ergo sum
kiwifarms.net
The NJO IMO is the culmination of everything Star Wars and how you should treat a well-established franchise. It takes risks and certainly stumbles a lot of the time, but it shows how much imagination pays off and - most importantly - how critical retaining the feel of the franchise is when it comes to sustainability.
Since (almost) everything sucks lately, I decided to return to things I liked as a teenager: this includes re-reading New Jedi Order and rewatching Star Trek: DS9. Both fit your description and today would never be created, sadly. Both are results of experienced group of writers wanting to create something new, and also to tell a cool and memorable story. Vector Prime is sometimes dumb (some bullshit physics invented for blowing up the ice planet) and sometimes goes overboard (Danni's crewmates get butchered like it was a slasher movie), but when the action starts, I could not stop reading, there are space battles, epic duels, all the characters have to face something completely new and figure stuff out, and quick.
Maybe there will be a time when Star Wars movies will be fun again, but looking how things are (in both Star Wars and Star Trek deparments) it's better to replay Shadows of the Empire on my N64 I think, I never got all the Challenge Points anyway...

NJO translations, which were released in my country, are now greatly overpriced, so I decided to buy the English releases - all have this "Legends" label and I feel kinda cucked.
Speaking of cucks - Doomcuck is so full of shit ("KK will retire by September 2020!" "there will be no Star Trek: Discovery after season 3!") I feel ashamed that I gave him a few clicks and believed in some of his rumours before realizing that he is just a ragebaiter telling disillusioned fans what they want to hear. Almost nothing is true and won't change (for the worse maybe) as long as the current management is working on Star Wars and is not replaced entirely by people who care.

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
davidstewart.PNG

He's absolutely right.

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
What if the plot twist is Youtubers really did affect box office numbers? It's hard to say "highest grossing movie of all time" when plenty of sperges are saying the movie sucks.
David Stewart has just become really prone to concern shilling or whatever you call it.

When a person whose aware of the issue, but tries to discourage people from talking about it? What do you call that?