Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

• Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

Admiral Mantoid

Griffith and Israel did nothing wrong.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thanks a lot, Null, I'm trying to grieve about Star Wars at work and people are seeing animoo lolgirls on my screen. Dammit.

I just realized--tonight we are going to see Godzilla vs. Kong in an actual theater, and it just hit me that the last time I was in a movie theater was for Plan IX. I am praying for catharsis.
On the bright side, everyone I know has only been saying nice things about Godzilla vs Kong. So I pray that your time isn't too awful.

What I don't understand is the basic bitch selection of waifu avatars. They're all from modern shit. Where's the love for retro ladies? I mean, no Deedlit? No Hayase Misa? No Seras Victoria, or Integra Hellsing? Not even Yuki or Starsha?

Have some fucking variety aside from the bug-eyed loli schoolgirls, ffs.
I know right? I haven't seen a single pfp of a TMS series or Gundam shit, and those are as mainstream as retro shit gets. Its nothing but moe, loli and shonen garbage from the 2000s (except Dragon Ball crap) as far as the eye can see. Except mine because my pfp got single'd out with the korean avatar.

Where's the giant robots Null?! (No Evangelion please, for the love of St. Pete no) Not even Macross, Ideon, LotGH, Galaxy Express 999 or even Yu Yu Hakusho shit? (:_(

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net
I just saw the Filoni Batch trailer, and what surprised me the most was the lack of aliens, I think they are going with the stupid mindset that more aliens means less "diverse humans." Also while the animation isn't bad for tv standards it's a downgrade from the latest season of Filoni Wars.
I know right? I haven't seen a single pfp of a TMS series or Gundam shit, and those are as mainstream as retro shit gets. Its nothing but moe, loli and shonen garbage as far as the eye can see. Except mine because my pfp got single'd out with the korean avatar. Where's the giant robots Null?! (no Evangelion please, for the love of St. Pete no) Not even Macross, Ideon, LotGH, Galaxy Express 999 or even Yu Yu Hakusho shit?
The only thing Retro is Dragon Ball, but that's like the most mainstream recognizable anime there is, so it doesn't count.

jspit2.0

kiwifarms.net
I'm guessing the go to excuse is that Filoni Wars added the inhibitor chip, which means that no matter how independent the clones might get, when it came to the one final mission that mattered, they would be 100% obedient.

Remember, even Filoni's favorite clone OC Rex - who showed the most independent thought throughout the series - was a "good soldier who followed orders" in the end.

I'm having too much fun animeming to rant about the chips. But for the record fuck fagloni and his chips

I was about to comment that with these profile pics and the recent posts on this thread my mind is having issues reconciling exactly what forum I am actually on and reading... autism...

C'mon, bow to Japan. You know they'd do Star Wars better than Filoni and Disney.

On the bright side, everyone I know has only been saying nice things about Godzilla vs Kong. So I pray that your time isn't too awful.

I know right? I haven't seen a single pfp of a TMS series or Gundam shit, and those are as mainstream as retro shit gets. Its nothing but moe, loli and shonen garbage from the 2000s (except Dragon Ball crap) as far as the eye can see. Except mine because my pfp got single'd out with the korean avatar.

Where's the giant robots Null?! (No Evangelion please, for the love of St. Pete no) Not even Macross, Ideon, LotGH, Galaxy Express 999 or even Yu Yu Hakusho shit? (:_(

You will embrace Moe, Gaijan!

I don't know what my avatar is from nor do I care. I just hate weeb shit.

Everytime the Animemes only intensifies!

1617310798445.png

jspit2.0

kiwifarms.net
Yours is actually quite beautiful and touching...

edit- I have no idea what any of these are either

Yours is from Seven Deadly sins, Elizabeth.

@BipolarPon is from To Love Ru.

@Admiral Mantoid is Tower of God

@Mississippi Motorboater and @PseudoScrooge are both My Hero Academia characters. Odd that Null doubled dipped there.

@James Roancrest is from No Game, No Life.

@make_it_so is from Date A Live.

Only one I can't figure out is @White Devil avatar.

Oh, mine is Dragon Ball, Null gave me modern Goku?

Frederica Greenhill or Abriel might have been more appropriate for the thread.

Mississippi Motorboater

Untouchable Busty Southern Belle
kiwifarms.net

@Mississippi Motorboater and @PseudoScrooge are both My Hero Academia characters. Odd that Null doubled dipped there.

Check out the dakimakura power level on this guy. I bet you typed this between handfuls of Pocki sticks and swigs of Ramune, you fucking weeb.

BipolarPon

Sad Cyborg.
kiwifarms.net

I bet you get along well with Null.

jspit2.0

kiwifarms.net
Check out the dakimakura power level on this guy. I bet you typed this between handfuls of Pocki sticks and swigs of Ramune, you fucking weeb.

ooooof...

Though I think you beat me out.

At least I lucked out and got Little Witch Academia for my profile pic instead of something I despise.

I couldn't make it through a single episode of that show.

I bet you get along well with Null.

Don't know em. Just luck of the draw?

I love Grand Blue.

Absolutely.

Alessonincrippliningdepre

IhateandlovetheinterwebZ
kiwifarms.net
What I don't understand is the basic bitch selection of waifu avatars. They're all from modern shit. Where's the love for retro ladies? I mean, no Deedlit? No Hayase Misa? No Seras Victoria, or Integra Hellsing? Not even Yuki or Starsha?

Have some fucking variety aside from the bug-eyed loli schoolgirls, ffs.
You literally have a cheerleader mha pfp
Shut you're yee yee ass up

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm having too much fun animeming to rant about the chips. But for the record fuck fagloni and his chips

C'mon, bow to Japan. You know they'd do Star Wars better than Filoni and Disney.

You will embrace Moe, Gaijan!

Everytime the Animemes only intensifies!

View attachment 2049720
Your Andy Kaufman attempt got old. Joke's deader than Star Wars.

Admiral Mantoid

Griffith and Israel did nothing wrong.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Please do not bully our frens on April Weebs Day. That's what tomorrow's for.

Anyway, in honor of April Weebs Day, here are the Nagai.
1617324382332.jpeg
1617326015858.png
1617326316806.jpeg
An SW species conceived by Cynthia Martin, Mary Jo Duffy and Ann Nocenti. The species was inspired by Yoshitaka Amano's art (of Final Fantasy and Angel's Egg fame) for the manga series Vampire Hunter D and they were named after infamous manga author Go Nagai of Mazinger Z and Devilman fame. Much of the character designs for this species tried to loosely mimic those of Amano's art. The Nagai themselves were a highly honorable warrior people that took pride in battle and honor their families, as well as enemies who proved honorable as well. As expected of the de-facto "animu/manga" species. The Nagai first appeared during the final years of the 70s/80s Marvel comics as extragalactic invaders from one of the neighboring dwarf satellite galaxies, Firefist, who sought to conquer worlds in Skyriver (the SW galaxy) in hopes of using their new domain as a vantage point to defeat the tyrannical and giant Tofs that ruled Firefist. Their conquest of the SW galaxy proved a failure but they managed to acquire new allies to help them overthrow the Tof.

The Nagai were also distantly related to the Chiss (who we all know were created by Zahn for the Thrawn Trilogy), who are also seen as space japs for various reasons, such as a Japanese influence in their culture mixed with Chinese military elements.
3344123.png

And finally the Oni of Uru from the novel MedStar II: Jedi Healer, which were based on the Oni-like aliens from Rumiko Takahashi's Urusei Yatsura, an ode by Reeves and Perry to the series due to the UY's intense love of SW which showed itself frequently during the anime's run.
1617327907138.png
1617373757708.png

This was another element that SW shared with Star Trek, as Star Trek TNG also frequently referenced the series during its run and also had species from UY and the main setting of the series added to TNG in data entries.

And there you have the three mighty weeb races of SW. Happy April Weebs Day you anime avatar freaks.

Last edited: