Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing. Emails (registration / password reset) appear to be working; be sure to check spam.

THE MERGE IS ON.

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
I really do wonder what was going on with Miller and Lord's Solo.
You and me both. Aside from the useless "creative differences" boilerplate, the only story I heard as that Kasdan Jr. went whining to Kennedy about them adapting his super cereal script as a comedy, Kennedy told them to play it straight, they said no, and she fired them. I believe this just because it explains why L3's character zig-zagged between "serious" and "OTT joke-" the act of reshooting much of the movie then doing a Frankenstein for the final product meant that the tone was all over the place.

Also, the actor they got for Han needing acting lessons took a bizarre turn for me when I saw Hail, Caesar! A movie where he played the durotagonist and did a capable job as a character that strongly resembled but was of course legally distinct from Roy Rogers. It makes a bit more sense if he was cast to star in a sci-fi comedy and got jammed into a sci-fi drama halfway through.
The films being made without a plan, doesn't mean there weren't ideas or a plan.
Yeah, but the specifics are unknown and probably secured by NDAs enforced by blood sucking lawyers. It could be anything from a step-by-step outline to a few sentences scribbled on a cocktail napkin.

Admiral Mantoid

Griffith and Israel did nothing wrong.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It would make far more sense for the cruise to be Original Trilogy themed since most of their passengers are going to be retirees.
Considering most of the park's attendants consists of rich wine moms and gen xers who love it despite the lack of actual SW elements, they'll probably take the lazy route with the Hotel meet&greets too since they realize karens and old consoomers will pay up no matter what. And based on all the pics from inside the hotel and blueprints that have been shared here, the whole place looks sterile as fuck and sequel inspired with the exception of some jedi dojo and an "electric area". The rooms are probably the worst looking of the bunch.

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
Considering most of the park's attendants consists of rich wine moms and gen xers who love it despite the lack of actual SW elements, they'll probably take the lazy route with the Hotel meet&greets too since they realize karens and old consoomers will pay up no matter what. And based on all the pics from inside the hotel and blueprints that have been shared here, the whole place looks sterile as fuck and sequel inspired with the exception of some jedi dojo and an "electric area". The rooms are probably the worst looking of the bunch.

Ok guys, hold on I got our next Disney idea. What if RenFaire... now hold, on let me finish, What if RenFaire, but gayer?

The Valeyard

kiwifarms.net
There was a Twitter argument between Bounding Into Comics and a former host of "The Star Wars Show".
QuickScreencapture_20210722-191253.pngQuickScreencapture_20210722-191321.pngQuickScreencapture_20210722-191346.pngQuickScreencapture_20210722-191406.pngQuickScreencapture_20210722-191427.pngQuickScreencapture_20210722-191450.pngQuickScreencapture_20210722-191511.pngQuickScreencapture_20210722-191536.pngQuickScreencapture_20210722-191621.png

HandsomeDan

Longing for 1861...
kiwifarms.net
And here I was hoping they abandoned the body positive tantive iv ship. (:_(

What does Disney have against good spaceship design? Did a B wing come along and misgender them long ago?
I made a point about that ship two years ago when it was first revealed as they just used pieces of the Tantive IV ship but increased in scale and distorted which shows they do not have a concept of how real mechanical items exist. As in there are many components on a destroyer that also exist on a battleship that are the same components. Yes many components of a battle ship are larger as it is a larger ship however there are countless components that can be directly exchanged between all ship classes and do not become larger just because the ship is larger. The OT designers understood how machinery was constructed and understood real world ship building.

These people understand nothing.

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net

Express RX-78

kiwifarms.net
This is one of those things where I can't figure out if I am wrong or not. I am pretty certain from everything I have read and come across that there was some very rough plan. Or at least a lot of ideas were generated by JJ and Kasdan. The mystery boxes may not have had their contents completely explained, but they were not conceived of as empty. Then RJ came along and due to his arrogance completely ignored everything they laid out. Bull dozing everything, with no thought for where the trilogy goes next.
But if this is true, then why didn't JJ exert more control over Rian to get him to follow their "vision"? JJ was an in-name-only producer on TLJ. He could have discussed the general story with Kathleen and guided Rian through the plot to help it feel more cohesive with TFA. But he didn't (I know JJ is a lazy hack but still).

Roundhead was only able to read the script (maybe he saw a rough cut too but I can't remember) for TFA by the time TLJ started production because the movie wasn't finished yet. He then decided to ignore it all because he's an egotistical retard but he could see there was nothing there. He could do anything he wanted due to a lack of planning.

JJ and Lawrence Kasdan didn't have much of a plan for the movies past Episode 7. They just assumed the next poor sucker stuck with Episode 8 would figure everything out for them while they raked in the cash from TFA. JJ wasn't even supposed to direct TROS. He wasn't even supposed to write TFA but he had to because there wasn't anyone else available. The mystery boxes in TFA are so vague that they could mean anything and the way it all plays out in the movie doesn't lead me to believe they planned anything. Something like Palpatine coming back for example would have been hinted at in TFA if it was planned.

Last edited:

Ghostse

kiwifarms.net
I can't tell if Peter is just a disingenuous imbecile here or is he actually not understanding the issue here.

Peter is showing his masters at Disney how good he is at double think in the hopes they give him more work (or at least don't black ball him).

"Politics are not being shoved into star wars"
"This guy says 'I am making this about gender politics', using those exact words."
"I don't see how that's political"

This is one of those things where I can't figure out if I am wrong or not. I am pretty certain from everything I have read and come across that there was some very rough plan. Or at least a lot of ideas were generated by JJ and Kasdan. The mystery boxes may not have had their contents completely explained, but they were not conceived of as empty. Then RJ came along and due to his arrogance completely ignored everything they laid out. Bull dozing everything, with no thought for where the trilogy goes next.

Plenty of comments from people working on the films makes me think this is the case. Yet people keep pushing the "empty mystery boxes" narrative. To the point I wonder if it was part of a PR campaign by Lucasfilm to deflect blame around the time of TLJ.

This idea of there being a plan only got bolstered by TROS. They outright said they adapted the original plan into the film. You can easily see how many of the ideas in TROS is a simplified, sped-up version of what could have been plot outlines over a couple of movies. Massively handicapped by what TLJ did to the story. The rushed nature leading to nothing being developed out. The film aggressively felt like JJ was just trying to show, "we had lots of ideas." Then limited by no villain and putting Palps back where there was going to be some Snoke plot which was now lost.

Stop huffing the copium, brother, and open your eyes to the painful truth.

There was no plan, and never was, unless you count JJ thinking "Man, when they have a good writer come along and fill in these mystery boxes, I will look like a fucking genius" before he huffs another of his own farts.
This the 'canon doesn't matter' and 'fans don't care about canon' people. The same people who make the same capeshit movie about 10 times now just with a different lead actor in a different suit shitting on a different series each time. There was no plan because they didn't believe the battered wives that are Star Wars fans woulld care, And they weren't entirely wrong. (Also the chinese weren't following anything anyway, so might as well just have a random ass plot)

"Clearly the guy putting the Playstation 5 in the blender is just doing that to figure out what compents are going into the PS5. there is no way anyone would do that just to troll people who can't get a PS5"

Last edited:

Miller

kiwifarms.net
From the titles of his most recent uploads there's nothing out of the ordinary for his specific brand of bullshit.
View attachment 2367613
1. Kathleen Kennedy/Lucasfilm Civil War
2. Consume product
3. The Sequel trilogy will be decanonized
4. Star Trek
5. The Sequel trilogy will be decanonized
6. Kathleen Kennedy/Lucasfilm Civil War
>Trust my sources, goys, I don't know who they are or who they work for but they're legit, according to my Discord trannies.

I love that Doomcuck is the guy who started and ended the Disney/LF "civil war" while bringing no actual proof that there was even a conflict.

Ghostse

kiwifarms.net
>Trust my sources, goys, I don't know who they are or who they work for but they're legit, according to my Discord trannies.

I love that Doomcuck is the guy who started and ended the Disney/LF "civil war" while bringing no actual proof that there was even a conflict.

There is conflict in Disney to be sure.

But when Stalin purged the Soviet Officer corps, that was not a civil war.

Blamo

kiwifarms.net
What do you guys think about the "epic mix" kind of videos about SW music?

Well this warms my heart somewhat. Doomcuck seems to be getting more hate these days and is now seen as no different than Mike Zeroh.
View attachment 2367515
Has Doomcock bothered to upload any bullshit recently? I haven't seen any of his bullshit rumors going around online since he got called out. Also I'm surprised this fuckwad still doesn't have a thread yet Clownfish gets one made up of both fans and critics despite Doomcock producing more drama and having embarrassing breakdowns on Twitter.
That's what he gets for Jailing Harvey Cthulu. The fiend. Release Harvey, doomcuck.

Express RX-78

kiwifarms.net
There is conflict in Disney to be sure.
I can't wait 30 years from now for a book like DisneyWar to be written about Iger's reign over the Disney Company and to explain the details of what the actual fuck is happening at Marvel, Kennedyfilm, Pixar, and WDAS right now. Iger was probably the worst thing to happen to the company flat out. But knowing how Disney is they won't be as open as the people who worked there when Eisner was CEO.

Speaking of Eisner, I like to think that even though he's as asshole he would have treated the Star Wars franchise with more respect if the mouse bought it in the 1990s. It could've been good (or bad) but it would have still had a fanbase unlike modern Disney's garbage.

Ghostse

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Eisner, I like to think that even though he's as asshole he would have treated the Star Wars franchise with more respect if the mouse bought it in the 1990s. It could've been good (or bad) but it would have still had a fanbase unlike modern Disney's garbage.

I remember when it was impossible for there to be worse boss for Disney than Eisner, how he was satan-made-manifest

Ah, if only we knew.

Godzilla@1989

Your move, Chief.
kiwifarms.net
I said it before, but Eisner took risks. He tried to reach out to other demographics like adult audiences with the Touchstone brand and buying Miramax, forming a partnership with Pixar, and other things. That to me is how you grow a company; taking risks and not giving a fuck if they work or not.

Ghostse

kiwifarms.net
I said it before, but Eisner took risks. He tried to reach out to other demographics like adult audiences with the Touchstone brand and buying Miramax, forming a partnership with Pixar, and other things. That to me is how you grow a company; taking risks and not giving a fuck if they work or not.

Eisner let creators create. He was a douchebag, but Disney wasn't so creatively bankrupt they had to do fucking live-action reshoots of the movies the previous guy had made.

Even the latest Pixar films are pretty horseshit. I mean what's the last Disney movie that got any real mainstream traction? Frozen?

PseudoScrooge

kiwifarms.net

Oh no, it's happening. Oh god. Well, I can't wait for stupid people I know--and stupid people that I'm related to--to start describing this as the vacation "eVEnT" of all-time, that I'm supposed to spend thousands of dollars and rush out to "enjoy." I can't wait to hear about how "iT PuTS yOU iN StAR WaRZ," said by people that don't even know what that means. People that think going to the lightsaber store and spending $250 on some inaccurate bullshit tchotchke that will break before they get it out of the park is an amazing experience. People that think going to the Build-a-Droid store and spending another couple hundred bucks on some garrishly-colored useless nonsense that's also completely inaccurate to Star Wars, makes them super-fans.

It's the old joke of putting the Star Wars logo on a turd. (Except in this case, Disney turned the franchise into fecal matter,) The problem is, the damned consoomers with disposable income will now believe the turd is automatically part of Star Wars.

I had some distant family trying to tell me how wonderful the "Rise of the Resistance" ride was, until I questioned them on who the characters were, what was actually going on, and what those characters actually did in the ST. That shut them up.