Star Wars: Squadrons - Now featuring non-binary yellow aliens and gay-married imperial TIE pilots in your space-WW2 game for 12 year olds

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
I thing rogue squadron 3 already did that
Well, it didn't really helped that all of the bonus missions in 3 were reenacting scenes from the movies. In fact, roughly half the game is. ripped from the films.

iceteayo

kiwifarms.net
>Seeing the Rebellion side has a Trandoshan pilot

why didnt you come back for me.jpg

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Still watching an Let's Play of this and I'm laughing my ass off at this Star Destroyer captain who's so bloodthirsty, that he ruined a stealth mission just by showing up and whining when another Captain tells him to BTFO.

I won't spoil his death, but it feels like Disney had a hand in this.
Nah, just a shitty game journo made game writer. They pretty much pass anything unimportant off to him it seems.

Disc

I want my cringe New Years Announcement, dammit.
kiwifarms.net
Okay, fine, a non-binary character. It's aliens so what the fuck ever. There's been far more unusual in Star Wars.

Did you really need to make their bloody colour scheme the NB flag, though?

It's hard to argue their character isn't just a token when, despite being a long time ago and in a galaxy far far away, their colour scheme is based in 2020 politica.

Dom Cruise

I'll fucking Mega your ass, bitch!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the one thing I find odd about disney is how they actually make the Empire like super diverse. I actually don’t hate this but you would expect them to like make the Nazi standins be actual nazis but no now we got black queens curbstomping twi’leks

That is for the most part fine because it was never really stated that the Empire was a white supremacist organization and "white" clearly wouldn't mean anything when it comes to humans in the Star Wars Galaxy.

But on the other hand...

Okay, fine, a non-binary character. It's aliens so what the fuck ever. There's been far more unusual in Star Wars.

It's hard to argue their character isn't just a token when, despite being a long time ago and in a galaxy far far away, their colour scheme is based in 2020 politica.

This is a problem because it clashes too much with the tone of Lucas era Star Wars, "non-binary" is simply too modern, we're talking a franchise created by a guy now in his 70s in the 1970s that was in turn inspired by 1930s serials, it sticks out like a sore thumb too much.

We've had black characters in the franchise since the second movie, but not any LGBT stuff, it just doesn't fit the tone, sorry, create your own sci fi franchise if it bothers you too much.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
I'm dreading to see how EA will bastardize the sequel now that they have their tentacles fully latched into Respawn.

respawn has been shit long before EA really got a hold of them - or, depending on your POV was especially good when EA upfronted loads of dosh for titanfall 1.

I won't spoil his death, but it feels like Disney had a hand in this.

pretty sure everything star wars has to go through lucasarts, but considering the competent people it pays the big bucks you get wildly different answers depending who you ask. it's a magic 8-ball in corporate form.

in a galaxy far, far away.... identity politics are the same as here!

I fully expect orange palpatine if a certain someone wins in november.

Mr. Shekel

kiwifarms.net
I hate this game, I really do.
Not only is the diversity rammed down your throat like a tranny dick in a women's prison (you can't even select a white European guy as a rebel), but the game in general just fucking sucks. None of the missions so far makes me want to replay them as I did over and over again in Rogue Squadron or X-Wing/Tie Fighter.
It's missing spark, missing fun, missing anything resembling a soul.
I knew EA were going Woke as Star Souls had random stronk people of diversity shoved in there, but this is one step further and I'll simply be giving future games a miss unless they actually have a good game in there. This is all 'woke' at the expense of a good game.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
This is why I never buy games made by people who speak English as their native language. I'll take Ex-Soviet jank over western tranny slop 10 times out of 10. Sometimes the French have good jank, too (See E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy).
Ah yes The Slavs.

If you lived like a Slav would that be called Slavery?

Perhaps Freedom is Slavery after all?

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
I hate this game, I really do.
Not only is the diversity rammed down your throat like a tranny dick in a women's prison (you can't even select a white European guy as a rebel), but the game in general just fucking sucks. None of the missions so far makes me want to replay them as I did over and over again in Rogue Squadron or X-Wing/Tie Fighter.
It's missing spark, missing fun, missing anything resembling a soul.
I knew EA were going Woke as Star Souls had random stronk people of diversity shoved in there, but this is one step further and I'll simply be giving future games a miss unless they actually have a good game in there. This is all 'woke' at the expense of a good game.
Yeah, the main story isn't anything to right home about. You went from a faceless rookie to being transferred to an elite squadron and wind up getting promoted to TIE Baron or squadron leader without having any verbal input on the plot.

Granted, there's a bit of fancy flying in the second-to-last level; but it's mostly stuff that we've already seen before.