Star Wars: Squadrons - Now featuring non-binary yellow aliens and gay-married imperial TIE pilots in your space-WW2 game for 12 year olds

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
It shouldn't have been anything. EA can't write stories for shit... you really want them to give Mitch Dyer Rogue Squadron to shit all over and wipe himself with?
Isn't Rouge Squadron a collection of spies instead of being an elite raiding squadron after Endor?

White Devil

Space Hate Crimes
kiwifarms.net
Wraith Squadron were the commando pilots. Rogue Squadron was always elite pilots who happened to have secondary skills. Wedge Antilles led both. I hate that Wedge is in the campaign mode for this playing second fiddle to Woke Squadron.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
An excellent example of why indie games are the way forward. This game was shitty and rushed, so imagine what it could have been with a smaller studio. Stylized graphics as opposed to "realistic", more content produced in shorter time, more genuine and less "EA", and ultimately cheaper and less of an investment than a huge half-decade project.

I mean fuck sake, Clone Wars is the best Star Wars content period and it's basically a CGI cartoon for kids. This could have been a more "child-like" spaceship simulator and more or less have tried out the same concept at 1/4 the resources.

Screw Danlon

My God. It’s Full of HoloStars.
kiwifarms.net
Friend bought it for me to play in VR. Can’t even get to the first mission in VR. Out of VR I had it hard-lock midway through the first mission. Needless to say, I’m pretty frustrated. Considering just refunding it and telling him to buy himself a copy of Satisfactory so we can MP.

NerdShamer

kiwifarms.net
An excellent example of why indie games are the way forward. This game was shitty and rushed, so imagine what it could have been with a smaller studio. Stylized graphics as opposed to "realistic", more content produced in shorter time, more genuine and less "EA", and ultimately cheaper and less of an investment than a huge half-decade project.

I mean fuck sake, Clone Wars is the best Star Wars content period and it's basically a CGI cartoon for kids. This could have been a more "child-like" spaceship simulator and more or less have tried out the same concept at 1/4 the resources.
Plots wise, it's just going through the motions with some missed potential here and there. But child-sizing it takes out the what little tension that this game had.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
Let's face it, SW space combat peaked somewhere between 2001-2006. Between Rogue Squadrons 2 and 3 as well as classic BF 2, and you can throw in Empire at War for good measure because it also had space combat.

Everything went downhill after that in terms of SW space combat games.

White Devil

Space Hate Crimes
kiwifarms.net
Let's face it, SW space combat peaked somewhere between 2001-2006. Between Rogue Squadrons 2 and 3 as well as classic BF 2, and you can throw in Empire at War for good measure because it also had space combat.

Everything went downhill after that in terms of SW space combat games.

EaW was an RTS though, wouldn't lump it in with the other space combat games that you're listing.

NerdShamer

kiwifarms.net
For a game that prides itself on having a leaderboard, said feature isn't processing the achievements of an lot of players.

Snekposter

This is Snek.
kiwifarms.net
It still has space combat, although it wasn't a space sim. Space sims for Star Wars went downhill after 2005.
Mediocre space combat. Snag the Phoenix Rising mod if you want a full, proper experience. Just be careful about logging into the Discord server. Its shared and the owner might as well be the NPC meme, complete with blank-looking profile pic.