Star Wars: Squadrons - Now featuring non-binary yellow aliens and gay-married imperial TIE pilots in your space-WW2 game for 12 year olds

Ihavetinyweewee

But massive grotesque balls
I seriously doubt that game will get any real content updates beyond bug fixing.
Hard to say, getting more free maps would be easy. They already have extra maps from the campaign, like the munitions depot.

So, I could see them do something low effort like that. As far as extra ships or something? Nah, that probably ain't happening..

I'll say this: if this game is to develop any sort of shelf life, it needs(at minimum)4 more maps and two more modes..

I've already moved on. I can say, at least, I didn't feel ripped off. But, they need to put in a little more effort for me to continue to play.

In the end, Squadrons is a really schizophrenic game. Some really good ideas and inplementation. But, it's bogged down with a shitty/lazy campaign and no mp depth.

Last edited:

Screw Danlon

Bun-bun Cha
Friend bought it for me to play in VR. Can’t even get to the first mission in VR. Out of VR I had it hard-lock midway through the first mission. Needless to say, I’m pretty frustrated. Considering just refunding it and telling him to buy himself a copy of Satisfactory so we can MP.
Well, my friend told me to hold onto it for a week and see what happened. And what happened was that they advertised DLC and didn’t give me any bug fixes. So the game still CTD’s after about 90 seconds. So I refunded it,

Fuck EA with a rusty dildo.

ADN_VIII

Panzer Vor!
I wouldn't say that this is a total storyline failure. Miss non binary and mr old gay jap bring up being NB and gay respectively once in conversation. A conversation that you don't even need to listen to if you go straight from the ship to the briefing and back again. Most of the "oh noez identity politics" stuff is in conversations you don't even need to have, which is why I find the freak out over it baffling. I would argue that the storyline is let down by two things: the first is that it is an entirely self contained story and that it's a shameless rehash of the stern chase scenes in The Last Jedi. Project Starhawk was born, lived, and died in the breadth of a single game. No other material makes reference to Project Starhawk. The only thing that clues in that this takes place in the GCW and post war setting is that Wedge Antilles and Hera Syndulla exist and make short appearances.

In my opinion, a Star Wars flight game should have been in the Old Republic era.

Miss non binary and mr old gay jap bring up being NB and gay respectively once in conversation. A conversation that you don't even need to listen to if you go straight from the ship to the briefing and back again. Most of the "oh noez identity politics" stuff is in conversations you don't even need to have, which is why I find the freak out over it baffling.
It always starts with "it doesn't affect you".

HeyYou

YOU BETTER RUN!
True & Honest Fan
I wouldn't say that this is a total storyline failure. Miss non binary and mr old gay jap bring up being NB and gay respectively once in conversation. A conversation that you don't even need to listen to if you go straight from the ship to the briefing and back again. Most of the "oh noez identity politics" stuff is in conversations you don't even need to have, which is why I find the freak out over it baffling. I would argue that the storyline is let down by two things: the first is that it is an entirely self contained story and that it's a shameless rehash of the stern chase scenes in The Last Jedi. Project Starhawk was born, lived, and died in the breadth of a single game. No other material makes reference to Project Starhawk. The only thing that clues in that this takes place in the GCW and post war setting is that Wedge Antilles and Hera Syndulla exist and make short appearances.

In my opinion, a Star Wars flight game should have been in the Old Republic era.
Uh, how do you not bring up a character as non-binary literally every time you use the word 'they'?

ZMOT

wat
I wouldn't say that this is a total storyline failure. Miss non binary and mr old gay jap bring up being NB and gay respectively once in conversation. A conversation that you don't even need to listen to if you go straight from the ship to the briefing and back again. Most of the "oh noez identity politics" stuff is in conversations you don't even need to have, which is why I find the freak out over it baffling.

what, the old republic era is suddenly more sexual liberal than OT, where sexuality didn't matter fuck all?
it's the same shit where I don't need to hear some dudepro pilots regale each other with stories how much pussy they crushed last night or how some sith mindraped some bitches, same way I don't want to hear about diversity training regarding black pilots or how female pilots deserve to be paid the same.

protip: the galaxy isn't far, far away if it has exactly the same fucking bullshit your hear constantly everywhere else.

and if it's such a fucking nothingburger to get your panties in a twist about, why even include it in the first place then?

Last edited:
what, the old republic era is suddenly more sexual liberal than OT, where sexuality didn't matter fuck all?
it's the same shit where I don't need to hear some dudepro pilots regale each other with stories how much pussy they crushed last night or how some sith mindraped some bitches, same way I don't want to hear about diversity training regarding black pilots or how female pilots deserve to be paid the same.

protip: the galaxy isn't far, far away if it has exactly the same fucking bullshit your hear constantly everywhere else.

and if it's such a fucking nothingburger to get your panties in your twist about, why even include it in the first place then?
How can people relate to stories if they're not based on social media?

Now buy the Transexual Porg Doll.

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
For anyone who cares, they're coming out with two new fighters.

The B-Wing is an oversized bomber that geared towards fighting capital ships and has an gyroscopic cockpit to appease the neckbeards; while the TIE Defender is essentially an TIE Fighter with shields. There's also some new weaponry coming out, as well.

White Devil

As in this world there are degrees of evils
For anyone who cares, they're coming out with two new fighters.

The B-Wing is an oversized bomber that geared towards fighting capital ships and has an gyroscopic cockpit to appease the neckbeards; while the TIE Defender is essentially an TIE Fighter with shields. There's also some new weaponry coming out, as well.
The TIE Defender is a bit more than "TIE Fighter with shields", that thing beats the shit out of every Imperial fighter and it's better than X-Wings as well.

and if it's such a fucking nothingburger to get your panties in a twist about, why even include it in the first place then?
Attempts to make Star Wars gritty that way will always feel awkward. In it's heart it is a fun adventure.
Also... do they really need diversity and representation in their genocidal space nazies?

ZMOT

wat
Attempts to make Star Wars gritty that way will always feel awkward. In it's heart it is a fun adventure.
Also... do they really need diversity and representation in their genocidal space nazies?

yeah, it's not warhammer, at the end of the day the good guys win and "evil" gets defeated while everybody is having a good time (for the most part). but it's not like SW was always a lighthearted romp, in ANH you see leia getting drugged, possibly tortured for information, a whole planet blown up and literally hear how "many bothans died". the difference is it didn't have hack writers which are everywhere now where in your face gore and rape is the height of "mature" and "serious" storytelling. the remake will probably have black leia getting gangraped (probably by white men to not allude to any other oppressed minority), a gruesome 5 minute montage how whole families on aldeeran get burned alive in the death star fire in hi-def 8k, including kids and pets, and bothans genocided gestapo style to drive the point home. less is simply more, I'd wager most people got it without all that. or as a certain someone once said "you may not notice, but your brain does".
but what's to expect from sheltered middle-class college kids where getting their named spelled wrong at starbucks could possibly drive them to suicide.

nuwars were literally nazis lead by a dude with brightly colored hair, trying to kill every BIPOC and LGBTBBQ in the galaxy. apparently, because all we see is the first order killing some sand planet villagers looking for something and then the brave resistance rebel fighters "punching up", it's not like there are whole species of aliens you can hate and discriminate against or something. almost like those woketards simply don't understand what racism and hate actually means, same way they have hardly any clue about the horrors of war and psychological terror.

yeah, it's not warhammer, at the end of the day the good guys win and "evil" gets defeated while everybody is having a good time (for the most part). but it's not like SW was always a lighthearted romp, in ANH you see leia getting drugged, possibly tortured for information, a whole planet blown up and literally hear how "many bothans died". the difference is it didn't have hack writers which are everywhere now where in your face gore and rape is the height of "mature" and "serious" storytelling. the remake will probably have black leia getting gangraped (probably by white men to not allude to any other oppressed minority), a gruesome 5 minute montage how whole families on aldeeran get burned alive in the death star fire in hi-def 8k, including kids and pets, and bothans genocided gestapo style to drive the point home. less is simply more, I'd wager most people got it without all that. or as a certain someone once said "you may not notice, but your brain does".
but what's to expect from sheltered middle-class college kids where getting their named spelled wrong at starbucks could possibly drive them to suicide.

nuwars were literally nazis lead by a dude with brightly colored hair, trying to kill every BIPOC and LGBTBBQ in the galaxy. apparently, because all we see is the first order killing some sand planet villagers looking for something and then the brave resistance rebel fighters "punching up", it's not like there are whole species of aliens you can hate and discriminate against or something. almost like those woketards simply don't understand what racism and hate actually means, same way they have hardly any clue about the horrors of war and psychological terror.
If something is missing from the nu-writers is being subtle. And yeah, since HBO stuff got big they all want to make the next rapey violent shlock.
It is what is "mature" in reddit circles. Make it full of swearing, cruelty and shitty sex. I mean sure, these can be tools in a narrative but you need to know when to use tools.

Just look at how cringe ST Pickard is because they decided to put that tone deaf thing into it.

SW on it's own usually implies it's dark stuff, I mean... Luke's adoptive parents were burned into skeletons by the Empire. In fact the OT had quite a lot of gore compared to the later stuff. But the overall tone was idealistic and adventurous. Oh well, I don't trust the Entertainment industry to get anything done properly anymore.

ZMOT

wat
SW on it's own usually implies it's dark stuff, I mean... Luke's adoptive parents were burned into skeletons by the Empire. In fact the OT had quite a lot of gore compared to the later stuff. But the overall tone was idealistic and adventurous. Oh well, I don't trust the Entertainment industry to get anything done properly anymore.

completely forgot about the aunt and uncle. and there was also that whole jawa slaughter. in hindsight there was quite a lot of death in ANH...
but, yeah that's what I mean, you can have a "good" story with a happy ending and it still being "dark" with shit happening, but it was never really shoved in your face, just the means to an end for the sake of the story.
as for the shitters in entertainment, it's usual "weak men creating weak times" etc. after another inevitable conflict or two, or when everything turned to shit, we might get some good works again. but it's really gonna suck till then.