Culture Starbucks fires employee for writing 'Pig' on Oklahoma police officer's drink order -

• The End of Proving Grounds: (Thread) (Update) (Last Call in PG)
    I've enabled GIF avatars across the site again. Don't make me regret this.

Kamov Ka-52

Fangs bared
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Starbucks fires employee for writing 'Pig' on Oklahoma police officer's drink order
Article
Archive

Starbucks has fired an employee who wrote "Pig" on an Oklahoma police officer's venti hot chocolate.

An on-duty police officer from the Kiefer Police Department in Kiefer, Oklahoma, went to a local Starbucks on Thanksgiving morning to get beverages for the dispatchers, who were also working on the holiday. When the officer received the orders, one of the labels had the derogatory law enforcement language written on it, according to a Facebook post by Kiefer Police Department Chief Johnny O'Mara.

A Starbucks coffee cup is seen inside a Starbucks Coffee shop in Washington, DC.
O'Mara took to social media after reportedly calling the Starbucks location and receiving an unsatisfactory response. "As a side note, I called the store and was told they’d be happy to 'replace the coffee with a correct label.' The proverb 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me' came to mind," wrote O'Mara on the post that was removed from the chief's page on Saturday.

Starbucks issued an apology for the "regrettable incident" and fired the barista, according to statements from Kiefer Police Department and a Starbucks spokesperson.

"In the coming days, Starbucks will be meeting with the Kiefer Police Department to begin discussing ways to work together, including a jointly hosted Coffee with a Cop event at Starbucks where local law enforcement can meet with baristas and members of the community to discuss the critical role dispatchers and police officers play in keeping our communities safe," the Starbucks statement read. "This language is offensive to all law enforcement and is not representative of the deep appreciation we have for police officers who work tirelessly to keep our communities safe."

~End of Article~​

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In the coming days, Starbucks will be meeting with the Kiefer Police Department to begin discussing ways to work together, including a jointly hosted Coffee with a Cop event at Starbucks where local law enforcement can meet with baristas and members of the community to discuss the critical role dispatchers and police officers play in keeping our communities safe
Jesus christ why the fuck is this "oh we are reaching out respectfully and holding respectful seminars with respected members of [INSERT GROUP HERE] community to further show them respect" schtick still happening?

Like I get that its something that PR firms worldwide are aggressively pushing on both corporations and local government because of the old "IF PEOPLE ON SOCIAL MEDIA SAY THEY ARE OFFENDED YOU WILL BE LYNCHED IN THE STREETS BY OUTRAGED MOBS AND BILLIONS WILL BOYCOT YOU UNLESS YOU DECLARE YOUR EVERLASTING LOYALTY TO THE WOKE CAUSE AND PUBLICLY BEG FOR MERCY FOR YOUR SINS!" horseshit, but for christ sake it is the most transparently contrived and most painfully cringe way of grovelling imaginable and does nothing other than waste everybodys' time and money make every employee roped into attending it hate the "offended group" all the more.

Just send the local police department a pallet of donuts and an apology letter if you want good PR and to make the average officer feel kindly disposed towards you.

Duke Nukem

Dimensional Merge Welcoming Party #1218C197
kiwifarms.net
So, uh, when are we having yet another horribly expensive "anti-bias" training session? I'm not one to defend law enforcement at every turn or anything like that, but that firing was well deserved. At the very least because it was unfunny bullshit.

No Exit

Quackers for eggnog
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

TitanWest

kiwifarms.net
Jesus christ why the fuck is this "oh we are reaching out respectfully and holding respectful seminars with respected members of [INSERT GROUP HERE] community to further show them respect" schtick still happening?

Like I get that its something that PR firms worldwide are aggressively pushing on both corporations and local government because of the old "IF PEOPLE ON SOCIAL MEDIA SAY THEY ARE OFFENDED YOU WILL BE LYNCHED IN THE STREETS BY OUTRAGED MOBS AND BILLIONS WILL BOYCOT YOU UNLESS YOU DECLARE YOUR EVERLASTING LOYALTY TO THE WOKE CAUSE AND PUBLICLY BEG FOR MERCY FOR YOUR SINS!" horseshit, but for christ sake it is the most transparently contrived and most painfully cringe way of grovelling imaginable and does nothing other than waste everybodys' time and money make every employee roped into attending it hate the "offended group" all the more.

Just send the local police department a pallet of donuts and an apology letter if you want good PR and to make the average officer feel kindly disposed towards you.
In this case it was definitely a Starbuck's PR thing. But the "Meet with aggrieved group" thing often goes beyond mere PR. Often times the organizations that are being met with are powerbrokers who need to be appeased/bought off. It's not always about appeasing angry bluehairs on social media. Sometimes it's a calculated move to partner with organizations which literally moved over $1 trillion over the course of more than a decade. That amount is literally the number of physical dollar bills that are in circulation around the world.

It's a very long story. This video discusses this process and how it helped fuel the Housing Financial Crisis of 2008:

Last edited:

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

Smug Douche
kiwifarms.net
I don't really care if someone calls cops pigs, but if I'm a business owner I'll be damned if I tolerate employees belittling a customer. Too much liability involved, causes all kinds of issues. Shut up, do your job and talk about the pigs off the clock. You're there to serve coffee in a timely fashion, not offer social commentary.

Also, Starbucks is fucking garbage. They have to tart up their coffee with all kinds of crap to make it drinkable, and you end up with these godawful calorie-bombs that give you more of a sugar high than a caffeine hit.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino