Culture Starbucks fires employee for writing 'Pig' on Oklahoma police officer's drink order -

• I am killing the Proving Grounds board in a week, unless someone has an idea to make it work. (Thread) (Update 1)

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Shit will hit the fan 4 Chris
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Save the Loli

kiwifarms.net
Look, whatever your feelings on cops, if you work in a service industry you treat them nice when they come by. because when some methhead decides to try and crack open a register, or you need someone removed from the property, they're a bit quicker to respond to a place that doesn't treat them like trash.
Nobody ever fucks with the donut/coffee shop the cops always visit. You'd think Starbucks would know this since they run a place junkies are free to shoot up in and the homeless are free to crash at.

Jump

kiwifarms.net
I work at Starbucks and our manager is anal about us writing the right names spelled the right way, which customers seem to really appreciate. I'd deffo expect to get fired if I pulled something like this.
Why are names even involved in a coffee? This is a recent thing and it seems to be more trouble then its worth.
It's fake niceness by these mega corps. No one who works there gives a shit what your name is. They wont remember you. Wasting time over getting spellings and pronunciations right is only slowing service down and pissing people off who want to get in and out. Just go back to giving people order numbers. No more weekly story about "monkey" or "chink" on a coffee cup.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
Last edited:

Chin of Campbell

The Coming Chin
kiwifarms.net
I agree that it was a dumb idea to use something like this to push politics, but holy shit I didn't expect this much bootlicking on a relatively anti-authoritarian website.
>don't use your job to make exceptional political statements
>REEEE BOOTLICKER KILL ALL PIGS

There is not a single post on this thread vehemently defending cops in any extensive manner. Try containing your Communist spergery, nigger/druggy/lobomite.

Zero Day Defense

"Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?"
kiwifarms.net
That's not fair. Someone already confirmed attention whore cop used his Starbucks account to order. Even his daughter came out and said he's a pig only doing it for attention.
View attachment 1032635View attachment 1032663
People have also confirmed it's a joke they have between the baristas and cops. Dude just took it too far.
View attachment 1032900View attachment 1032902
Where's the confirmation, exactly? Picture on the left is a cropped DM, picture on the right is the same person from before, and I know none of these people or their relations to any of the parties actually in the situation-- and they haven't confirmed any alleged relations.

If this was a matter of someone giving the name "Pig" to the cashier, which was then written on the cup, then this would have been immediately explained and there likely wouldn't have been a firing, much less a pick up of the story by the media. Now, we have an unsubstantiated claim by someone's uncle sister who works at Nintendo knows Starbucks baristas (so, we're talking a "heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard that...") that the cop just likes getting called a pig and had this going on for a year until he decided to cash in.

...they could actually verify that, right? Don't the sales records have names on them? I mean, sales records would be kept, right?

Pardon my skepticism, between the failure to confirm anything and the failure to AFE.

queue-anon

kiwifarms.net
Libs are working overtime to exonerate this barista, which is ironic since no one knows who this person is.

I’m somewhat torn since a lot of cops these days like making themselves out to be victims but there are also a lot of millennials and zoomers who like playing these kinds of stupid games at work. The most likely explanation is that the barista was being an idiot rather than the cop coming up with some multi-month-long con to get a barista fired on Thanksgiving.

The microanalysis of asterisks on the label and supposed profanity filters is fucking embarrassing, especially since what they’re secretly thinking is that service employees should be able to insult (some) customers and get away with it.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
On the one hand, if this particular cop was jiving for a PR storm it's no different then some poctwoc manufacturing bigotry for xir's 15 minutes, fuck him. On the other hand, the "brave heroes" working at Starbucks? Nigga please, go mouth off to cops in an actually oppressive nation and see how brave you feel when you really face the brunt of "free speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences".

Why are names even involved in a coffee? This is a recent thing and it seems to be more trouble then its worth.
It's fake niceness by these mega corps. No one who works there gives a shit what your name is. They wont remember you. Wasting time over getting spellings and pronunciations right is only slowing service down and pissing people off who want to get in and out. Just go back to giving people order numbers. No more weekly story about "monkey" or "chink" on a coffee cup.
It's the same as every company putting some variant of the word "you" in their title. Myspace. YouTube. iPhone. MyBurger. All designed to convince you that it's really all about you and your precious preferences matter.

The Last Stand

Just enjoying the holiday snow.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chick Fil A does a similar thing with orders: ask your name, then call it out. It helps when it's crowded.

I'm not necessarily a "Hold the Thin Blue Line" type of guy, but it would help to respect local law enforcement when you serve them. Who knows if something would happen and you need the police.

Just write their name on the slip of paper. Or just use numbers.

GrayWater

kiwifarms.net
On the one hand, if this particular cop was jiving for a PR storm it's no different then some poctwoc manufacturing bigotry for xir's 15 minutes, fuck him. On the other hand, the "brave heroes" working at Starbucks? Nigga please, go mouth off to cops in an actually oppressive nation and see how brave you feel when you really face the brunt of "free speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences".

It's the same as every company putting some variant of the word "you" in their title. Myspace. YouTube. iPhone. MyBurger. All designed to convince you that it's really all about you and your precious preferences matter.
Well, I suppose you would have to be brave to work in an environment where the homeless and druggies are allowed to congregate and there are used needles in the bathroom.

Prompt Critical

apropos-of-nothing
kiwifarms.net
That's not fair. Someone already confirmed attention whore cop used his Starbucks account to order. Even his daughter came out and said he's a pig only doing it for attention.
View attachment 1032635View attachment 1032663
People have also confirmed it's a joke they have between the baristas and cops. Dude just took it too far.
View attachment 1032900View attachment 1032902
These two explanations seem to be mutually exclusive. If the barista did it as a joke, how could the cop have done it online for attention?

Maybe a little casual on the use of "confirmed" too.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino