Stargirl - So Harlequin finished but I still had my subscription...

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
It going to CW may as well fucking ruin it. From what I’ve heard Supergirl didn’t really start going to shit until it was moved to the CW.
It may well have gotten worse, but Supergirl was garbage on CBS. If anything kills the show on CW, it'll be the 20ish episode seasons. Flash and Arrow would of been greatly improved by having shorter season and less filler.

I originally was interested because I thought Joel McHale was a regular.....boy was I wrong
I liked Joel JcHale in Community, but he does not work as a super hero. Maybe it was cause it was such a bit part they didn't try to make him fit, but he looked awful.

So far I'm 2 episodes in and enjoying it. It's not great, but it's perfectly passable for me to throw on the background while doing something. I need to see more but it's at least as good as Flash at it's best probably(I'm an exceptional for my forgiveness of Flash though)

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
So far I'm 2 episodes in and enjoying it. It's not great, but it's perfectly passable for me to throw on the background while doing something. I need to see more but it's at least as good as Flash at it's best probably(I'm an exceptional for my forgiveness of Flash though)
We have a two-parter still to go for the season finale, first part of which airs tomorrow. I know what you mean about Flash - first Season of Flash was good and after that it was a real mix of good and bad. Stargirl is very consistent though - it maintains an even tone, isn't subject to the problems of Flash, Arrow, etc. where they seem never to know how many episodes they'll have and have to keep doing filler episodes. The difference that makes to pacing is dramatic. Stargirl is also a lot less steeped in self-awareness and genre-nodding. I really like that about it - I'm so ready for shows to actually start not being ironically self-aware again.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
We have a two-parter still to go for the season finale, first part of which airs tomorrow. I know what you mean about Flash - first Season of Flash was good and after that it was a real mix of good and bad. Stargirl is very consistent though - it maintains an even tone, isn't subject to the problems of Flash, Arrow, etc. where they seem never to know how many episodes they'll have and have to keep doing filler episodes. The difference that makes to pacing is dramatic. Stargirl is also a lot less steeped in self-awareness and genre-nodding. I really like that about it - I'm so ready for shows to actually start not being ironically self-aware again.
Honestly I think Flash got into a good groove after the first season. What I like about the Flash, what few comic book shows get, is that it feels like a comic book. The Netflix Defender shows were varying levels of good (mostly), but they were never super hero shows. They were dramas of people with super powers(and this got worse as they went on). Flash you have an episode where a shark man fights a psychic gorilla. The super scientist is talking to alternate reality versions of himself, including one who ate his friend in his universe. Like they do stupid crazy things and really don't limit themselves by being in live fiction.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
Honestly I think Flash got into a good groove after the first season. What I like about the Flash, what few comic book shows get, is that it feels like a comic book. The Netflix Defender shows were varying levels of good (mostly), but they were never super hero shows. They were dramas of people with super powers(and this got worse as they went on). Flash you have an episode where a shark man fights a psychic gorilla. The super scientist is talking to alternate reality versions of himself, including one who ate his friend in his universe. Like they do stupid crazy things and really don't limit themselves by being in live fiction.
Then I can see why you're enjoying Stargirl. It is unapologetic about being a comic book show and I really enjoy that aspect of it.

Tags
None