State of the Board - Articles & Happening Meta Discussion

Absolutego

kiwifarms.net
It's funny after reading this whole thread I'd be inclined to disagree with you pretty heavily. It seems like most the right leaning people welcome the discussion, they just don't have any patience for spin you see everywhere else in the mainstream media.

Others of us have seen the same story and setup happen on other forums and just know how the narratives go for this type of thing and are suspect of the whole thing because of this.

Don't get me wrong there are things that could use fixing around here but I have a feeling this is like a Twitter outrage where it's only a really a fairly small group of people that are upset but are magnifying it to make it seem like this place seem is Stormfront or some ridiculous shit. Like I've said several times in the thread, I've seen this before.

Cause so far the complaints are "people downvoted me!" and "they won't agree with me!" with a sprinkling of "Unironic racists and nazis!". The only actual complaints that I get is some of the formatting could be cleaned up on articles and avoiding baity thread titles but with the media these days the bait-titles are almost a feature, not a bug. You have the news media to thank for that.
It's not like Null didn't spell out exactly what was drawing his attention to the subforum in the OP or anything (selectively bolded):
OP said:
Articles & Happenings is the third attempt at a news board on the Kiwi Farms. It is a cursed place. Every moderator who has been assigned here has resigned within a year. During 2016, the political crossfire was so bad it spread to different boards and culminated in me banning American news discussion entirely for several months. It has been deleted in its entirety twice. There is no actual discussion here, it's people posting garbage. It leans much further right than the rest of the site and doesn't particularly conduct discussion because dissenting opinions are dogpiled by a thousand memelords posting shit they read on /pol/ without any critical analysis.
Sure reads like a tired circlejerk full of lazy posting by a number of users cluttering up every thread with canned responses to me! But no, anyone criticizing A&H is clearly just a triggered lib!

Lol that's funny, because the fact that you think me saying 'lefties will ask mods for help while righties would rather kill themselves and this illustrates a shift in values' was a dig at the left says I'm not the one with the persecution complex here.
I took umbrage with you claiming this thread in any way came out of people "begging Daddy Null to intervene" but feel free to keep fighting the good fight and employing the best "I'm rubber, you're glue!" tactics you can muster, I guess.

Ebonic Tutor

"Beware the shitposting of demons."
kiwifarms.net
It's not like Null didn't spell out exactly what was drawing his attention to the subforum in the OP or anything (selectively bolded):

Sure reads like a tired circlejerk full of lazy posting by a number of users cluttering up every thread with canned responses to me! But no, anyone criticizing A&H is clearly just a triggered lib!
Null's statement read like somebody that doesn't even visit here with any frequency and was going on what he was told. It's his site and he's more than free to do what he wants with it, but I'd rather it be coming from a well researched position and not on here-say that seems to be running rampant in the thread.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
I took umbrage with you claiming this thread in any way came out of people "begging Daddy Null to intervene" but feel free to keep fighting the good fight and employing the best "I'm rubber, you're glue!" tactics you can muster, I guess.
Lol really? 'here is my opinion again, cliched snark, you do you I guess'' is not a reply, it is the most basic bitch leftist retort in the universe. If you could turn words into energy you could run a couple of cities just off leftists saying 'here is my opinion again, cliched snark, you do you I guess'. I know what your issue was, your post is not only just above mine but quoted in my post. At no point did I - in any way - suggest people were "begging Daddy Null to intervene" you sack of shit, I not only said exactly what I meant in my first post, I explained it in smaller words for little children and the exceptional in my reply.

You want to know the funniest part? At no point had I even considered the possibility that left wingers were "begging Daddy Null to intervene" out of some agenda to stamp out ideological dissent, because I might call myself right wing now, but I am centre right at best and I still respect this board's users regardless of their political persuasion - especially the users I have had good conversations with - like you. But @Ebonic Tutor is right, we have seen this before, a thousand times before, right down to the 'I only care about the state of the forum, no I don't have any examples of problems, just a basic bitch leftist retort for anyone I even just think is disagreeing with me then it's back to I only care about the state of the board honest!' So good job changing my mind!

G

GS 281

kiwifarms.net
At no point did I - in any way - suggest people were "begging Daddy Null to intervene" you sack of shit, I not only said exactly what I meant in my first post, I explained it in smaller words for little children and the exceptional in my reply.
You've been here too long to respond like this and not be called a sped for it. Calm the fuck down. you're shitting your pants with fury over a shitty board on a lolcow forum. I don't think you realize how much of a faggot you look like right now but if you took a step back you would see that you're damn near chimping out about someone having a different opinion then you. knock it off.

AprilRains

Better killing through chemistry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You've been here too long to respond like this and not be called a sped for it. Calm the fuck down. you're shitting your pants with fury over a shitty board on a lolcow forum. I don't think you realize how much of a faggot you look like right now but if you took a step back you would see that you're damn near chimping out about someone having a different opinion then you. knock it off.
I agree that getting mad isn't the way to go, but I think his objection to Absolutego has more to it than that. The mischaracterization of what he was saying goes beyond honest disagreement. I think calming down is a good idea, but I don't think further mischaracterizing what he's saying will accomplish that either.

G

GS 281

kiwifarms.net
I agree that getting mad isn't the way to go, but I think his objection to Absolutego has more to it than that. The mischaracterization of what he was saying goes beyond honest disagreement. I think calming down is a good idea, but I don't think further mischaracterizing what he's saying will accomplish that either.
were on page 38 of a meta-thread that isnt going anywhere. nothing productive is coming from this discussion at this point, nor will it. worry about someone mischaracterizing an argument or anything like that, especially letting it be the cause of your stack being blown is silly as fuck.

If someone is twisting your words or re-stating your position incorrectly and doing so purposely, then just consider the source. It's some sped on a webforum about talking about people who shit their pants. This isn't the halls of congress or a debate dais at Harvard. Let the shit go. Laugh at the sped who is desperate enough to prove his point he would go to that level and go on with your day. Seriously. Jacking off is more productive than posting on this forum but people get so wound up because someone "just doesn't get them" or wants to play with their words. Who cares? Its the internet. None of our ideas are all that great.

pwnest injun

An Honest Man is Always in Trouble
kiwifarms.net
So long as KiwiFarms stays one of the very few places on the internet where people can say whatever opinions they have, it's going to attract more and more people with unpopular opinions.

You can scuttle A&H if you don't want to deal with that, I suppose, but I find value in the threads I read, and I ignore the stuff that doesn't interest me.

Maybe something for election season would be good? Like bans for a logging, and political argument outside the A&H containment zone?

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
This thread is the kiwi version of subtweeting and it's gotten so repetitive that the funny trolls have moved on so all that's left are the faggots

uh i mean, muh nazis//muh soggy knees (choose based off of your flavor of exceptional individual)
I mean it is the faggiest thread on this board. Also the most autistic to the point it needs to put on a fursuit and mumble something about waifus.

AprilRains

Better killing through chemistry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean it is the faggiest thread on this board. Also the most autistic to the point it needs to put on a fursuit and mumble something about waifus.
Bryan Dunn would also need to weigh in. (I did not expect to say that when I woke up this morning.)

• DRINK!
Reactions: The Last Stand

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Given that the dude is mad, the way to calm things down isn't to do the same dumb shit that made him mad. Do you want to smooth this out or turn the heat up? One of those is even dumber than this thread.
Are you saying sneasel would start out with someone mad and then do something to make them even more mad? Really? You think things like that happen?

smdh rn tbh fam

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
I don't understand what is going on now, I wasn't angry and chimping out, I was throwing his stupidity in his face and having a ball doing it, like always? I mean, I posted laughing at an exceptional individual, then went back to playing kirby with my girlfriend and when I come back you guys are all having a conversation about how mad I am? I don't give a shit if any of you think I'm a faggot, but I won't be called angry by a stranger on an online forum, I just won't have it.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino