State of the Board - Articles & Happening Meta Discussion

Superman93

My Balls!
kiwifarms.net
How about we keep the tech board about tech and not about culture wars on social media? I can't imagine Nick Monroe was talking about twitter technical details as opposed to continuing to hammer home "hey twitter is an ineptly run social media platform" over and over again.
The games and by extension weeb wars board was ruined by culture war shit.

Superman93

My Balls!
kiwifarms.net
The weeb wars board is culture war how can culture wars ruin it?
During the inception of the board it was mainly about laughing at and documenting tards in the culture wars. It spawned some crazy zany characters including and definitely not limited to a shoe eater and a human navy seal copypasta. The board got ruined when people started to actively participate in it i.e JosephTX.

KateHikes14

Nuck figgers was already taken
kiwifarms.net
During the inception of the board it was mainly about laughing at and documenting tards in the culture wars. It spawned some crazy zany characters including and definitely not limited to a shoe eater and a human navy seal copypasta. The board got ruined when people started to actively participate in it i.e JosephTX.
The JosephTX bit was just unbelievable and really landed credibility to what some of the cows were saying. I get what you mean but see it's descent as a foregone conclusion, much like AH having a bent is gonna happen and will piss off the opposite side. Both issues seem hard to avoid.

Superman93

My Balls!
kiwifarms.net
The JosephTX bit was just unbelievable and really landed credibility to what some of the cows were saying. I get what you mean but see it's descent as a foregone conclusion, much like AH having a bent is gonna happen and will piss off the opposite side. Both issues seem hard to avoid.
Having a bent is fine but another problem is that people started to loose all sense of objectivity and anyone who would post anything remotely deviating from the narrative would be called a lawtwitter sperg, kickvicstan, accused of launching a gay op, calling on other members to ignore them which is extremely gay and a whole host of other stupid shit. At least in A&H opinions that run counter to the narrative are welcomed (won’t be liked but welcomed. See Ashy the Commie for an example). Also look at what happened after the TCPA verdict. Even Null laughed at those exceptional individuals by changing the board rules to the “laugh and word laughs with you, cry and you cry alone” meme.

Last edited:

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How about we keep the tech board about tech and not about culture wars on social media? I can't imagine Nick Monroe was talking about twitter technical details as opposed to continuing to hammer home "hey twitter is an ineptly run social media platform" over and over again.
I liked the idea of Hot Wheels showing up and shilling his own article, exposing it to discussion that cannot be had on other platforms. I don't consider his article all that different from Nick's from the perspective of moderation. If you want hard nosed "JUST TECHNOLOGY, NO INDUSTRY DRAMA" there are tons of other more populated platforms.

It's called having a unique use-case.

The games and by extension weeb wars board was ruined by culture war shit.
The weeb wars board was always a KotakuInAction-style place. The hard tech generals aren't going away, but discussions about deplatforming in the technology industry are on-topic as far as I'm concerned. I don't consider the Games board "ruined", I don't know what high standards you expect out of there.

Last edited:

ditto

a cookie full of arsenic
kiwifarms.net
Also, I was around for the last of Dynastia... whatever happened to them? I've seen them mentioned recently in a way that implies that they vanished from the site; is this true?
I thought Dynastia left because Null refused to host the zip file from the hack.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
What happened with JosephTX?

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
An issue I got with some of the threads being created is that some are low-tier garbage. I don't wanna read another article where "Social media is censoring conservative voices!!!" for the millionth fucking time. You know its true and I know its true. If it isn't Informative, Funny, or Eccentric don't post it.
Social media is too big to censor. It's more accurate to say the large corporate media companies beholden to stockholders that will sell out the lowest common denominator at the cost of their moral principles. Only reason companies listen to shit rags like the guardian or ADL is not to lose investor money.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino