• ”Wizards might recollect how the normods not only suggested granting him amnesty, from a rightful exile, but donning him with the attire of the archmage.”

State of the Union 2018

Discussion in 'Forum Discussion' started by Null, Jan 3, 2019.

Forum Guidelines
  • Have common courtesy. Do not directly attack other users. We're all on the same team.
  • Handle problems like an adult. Personal matters involving others (including staff) should be handled privately. Post in the Talk to Staff board, use conversations, or email us at admin@kiwifarms.net
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. Don't post for attention. Further the conversation in some way.
  • Don't gimmick post. Accounts taking on a gimmick personality are annoying. Please stop.
  • Don't sockpuppet. If you create a second account to avoid problems you will be banned and ridiculed. See: handling problems like an adult.
  • Do not plea for sympathy. Don't make posts about how you are leaving the forums. Just leave.
  1. My fellow autistics,

Here are some numbers. In 2018 we moved off of Google Analytics to a homebrew FOSS project that does analytics so the numbers are a bit different.

upload_2019-1-3_13-7-13.png

We're looking at another year of 50% traffic growth. This is on part with previous years. In January we would see between 30 and 40 thousand visits per day. In December, we are seeing between 50 and 60 thousand.

If that scares you because of muh eternal summer, rest assured this does not affect our general posting. It takes about 6 months for a lurker to convert to a poster.

upload_2019-1-3_13-9-33.png

As you can see, our posters per week haven't grown all that much. They're up from between 20,000 and 25,000 to consistently above 25,000. It all depends on what's going on, which is how it should be.

Users active is a completely different story.

upload_2019-1-3_13-12-21.png

Even when there's nothing going on, we're seeing 3600 people sign in every day to check what's up. This is up 50% from 2800 this time last year.

Quick look at the last month from CF's Dashboard.

upload_2019-1-3_13-15-27.png

And in case you're wondering, yes. If you add up the traffic from .NET, .IS, and .TW we are now processing over half a billion HTTP requests per month.

Edit: December was an extremely promising month in terms of financial stability for the site and I want to thank everyone for pitching in. Things are looking optimistic, especially once the banners are in.

May 2019 suck less than the prior years.

• Informative  x 124
    • Winner  x 74
    • Semper Fidelis  x 34
    • Like  x 24
    • Feels  x 14
    • Optimistic  x 7
    • DRINK  x 5
    •  x 4
    • Autistic  x 2
    • Powerlevel  x 1
    Null

Null Je suis une personne folle

kiwifarms.net
  2. Awesome, nice to see growth of a positive kind. @Null on the first graph there are two distinct spikes, is this an anomaly or can it be traced to a particular event?

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
    LazarusOwenhart

LazarusOwenhart Terrainist Shitlord!

kiwifarms.net
  3. Thanks Null! I really like to see the numbers. It is hard to see how the forum is doing from down here without them.

It’s also great to see just how active the forum is despite its modest user count. Almost 4000 daily visitors and just about 25000 registered users? Crazy.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. Thanks for the info, Dear Leader.
    Looking forward to a fun-filled year!

• DRINK DRINK x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 3
    itsoktobewhite

itsoktobewhite jonathanyaniv.org is an informative webpage

kiwifarms.net
  5. Cheers for the analytics null.

Is there data on the site over the last few years?

• Agree Agree x 3
    #5 uncleShitHeel, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    uncleShitHeel

uncleShitHeel Akshully a rich sheep farmer

kiwifarms.net
  6. how long until a person of interest uses these numbers to show off how much more popular and cool they are than the farms?

regardless, im really glad the site seems to have a hopeful outlook for the coming year. i hope the coming ads will cover the site and make you some extra dosh on the side

Long live KF!

• Like  x 6
    • Agree  x 4
    • Winner  x 4
    • Feels  x 1
    • Optimistic  x 1
    Hecate

Hecate My skin crawlith

kiwifarms.net
  7. I am the Unique Visitor tracked in green on the first chart above. You're welcome.

• Informative Informative x 16
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  8. semper fidelis to all are armed kiwis.

long live dear leader.

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    Jackass RN

Jackass RN Schmuck in Scrubs
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. I can just picture Vordrak looking at this thread, the sweat drops on his bald head dimly lit by his monitor, as he furiously presses F5 in a vain attempt to destroy KF forever.

Long live the Kiwi dream !

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 3
    • Feels Feels x 3
    #9 WhatNemesisMeans, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    WhatNemesisMeans

WhatNemesisMeans Having dinner with an old friend

kiwifarms.net
  10. WE DA KINGZ! WE DA KIWIZ!

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    MadDamon

MadDamon MAD DAMON

kiwifarms.net
  11. 1.5 mil unique visitors is pretty sick.
    Heil Hitler

• Like Like x 9
    • Feels Feels x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Moritsune

Moritsune Acquired by T-series

kiwifarms.net
  12. Autism is a hell of a drug.

• Agree  x 23
    • Like  x 5
    • Winner  x 3
    • Semper Fidelis  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    • DRINK  x 1
    TheImportantFart

TheImportantFart Prison Break Wind
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. So the site won't die just yet?

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    pomme

pomme perpetual state of dismay

kiwifarms.net
  14. Can confirm. Lurked a long time before manning up and making an account.

• Agree Agree x 41
    • Feels Feels x 10
    whitepumpkin

whitepumpkin Better than Butternut

kiwifarms.net
  15. what are those spikes mid march and mid june? i forget if my joining was tied to an event, maybe dsp.

BoingBoingBoi

BoingBoingBoi please think responsibly
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. The Kat hostage reveal video was March 12th.

The initial Change the Channel document was March 15th. The JewWario reveal in mid-April.

June 22 was both Chris Chan getting kicked out of some convention and Chloe Sagal setting herself on fire. DSP did get his Youtube account suspended in June, but that was the first week of June. Net Neutrality law passed on June 11th?

• Informative Informative x 18
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Salubrious

Salubrious Feelin' Healthy

kiwifarms.net
  17. Those are interesting data indeed. Thanks for the update, Null. :winner:

• Agree Agree x 1
    Qi Meng Dealer

Qi Meng Dealer No one's idea of a hot date

kiwifarms.net
  18. took me 9, I don't trust you cunts

• Like  x 10
    • Informative  x 9
    • Agree  x 5
    • Feels  x 3
    • Islamic Content  x 1
    • Autistic  x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  19. buying the shit out of the KF ETF and getting in on Australatina-related REITs while it's cheap

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    dopy

dopy 110% realposting since Windows ME

kiwifarms.net

20. all hail Null

all hail kiwifarms

• Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    DICKPICSRUS

DICKPICSRUS Tfw no salt mine

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.