Steam Officially Adds LGBTQ+ Tag and Hub Page For Games

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

Gamers?

• Total voters

Neet Tokusatsu Hero

kiwifarms.net
If anything, it'd be funny to see indie developers complain all over the internet because their walking simulators and visual novels will sell even less than before, thanks to the tag, those games will be easier to avoid

Let's see how long it takes for the first article talking about gamers hating or refusing to buy LGBTQ+ games to be written

Last edited:

Zero0

kiwifarms.net
If anything, it'd be funny to see indie developers complain all over the internet because their walking simulators and visual novels will be sell even less than before, thanks to the tag, those games will be easier to avoid

Let's see how long it takes for the first article talking about gamers hating or refusing to buy LGBTQ+ games to be written

It's almost as if making a game specifically targeting 5% of the market isn't the greatest idea.

Splendid

> Moderating KF for free
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm gay, but good attempt at getting those good boi points. You'll earn those tendies yet.
I don't give a fuck, your money is green and I'd take it. I wouldn't cover shit with all sorts of pandering cringe rainbow crap, but I'll happily take gay money.

Gypsymagic

kiwifarms.net
I don't see the problem with this, it gives buyers more information about the products they're looking to buy. Want gay stuff in your games? Well, now you have a tag for it making it easier to find. Don't want gay shit in your games? Well, now you have a tag to exclude it, and so you don't accidentally buy a game supporting something you don't like.

BILLY MAYS

Donate to MATI: http://bit.ly/MadAtTheInternet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
threadsimulator.exe
20181017_184307_20190624183816257.jpg

A

AF 802

kiwifarms.net
I don't see the problem with this, it gives buyers more information about the products they're looking to buy. Want gay stuff in your games? Well, now you have a tag for it making it easier to find. Don't want gay shit in your games? Well, now you have a tag to exclude it, and so you don't accidentally buy a game supporting something you don't like.

BuT mUh PoLiTiCaL aGeNdA

This is what half the people unironically believe in this thread. Who give a shit if there's a gay tag?

AnOminous

See you in the funny papers.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't even completely non-woke franchises like GTA have LGBT characters (like Trevor)?

Does it get a gay tag? Does it need one? Or does a game have to be basically utterly pozzed out, like a gay sex simulator, before it counts?

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Steam has the ability to create "curated" lists of whatever games that people desire to highlight for other users. There's probably already some curated lists for LGBLTQ stuff.
But it's never good enough because it has to be exclusively about "muh representation", also can't remember this being an issue but congrats on getting a shiny new tag for avoiding getting gay pandering shoved down the throat.

There are curators for characters with Jewish influence and
Don't even completely non-woke franchises like GTA have LGBT characters (like Trevor)?

Does it get a gay tag? Does it need one? Or does a game have to be basically utterly pozzed out, like a gay sex simulator, before it counts?

User tags that people actually care about will probably take precedence over the LGBTP tag.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Tax Investigator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Judging by the games that are tagged as LGBT(BBQ)+, a lot of it just seems to be yuri shit and yaoi shit. Most of the people who use it are probably just going to be yaoi and yuri fags who want play a game about cute boys or girls doing cute romantic things

Splendid

> Moderating KF for free
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I think it'll have to be a pretty central theme or element of the game. I don't even think a gay player character would necessarily get you this tag if it was a racing game or whatever and the gay angle was just incidental.