Steam Officially Adds LGBTQ+ Tag and Hub Page For Games

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Gamers?

• Total voters

IdisC

kiwifarms.net
There are games that are centered around that theme. Just like there are games that are centered around horses. There's a tag for horses on steam. There are also tags for capitalism themes, a tag for agriculture games, supernatural themes, dinosaurs stuff. It's like library tags. That's really not that special guys. Don't get your knickers in a twist over a library tag. 👍

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
vidya is just mindless toys who cares

Cubanodun

Now augmented with Holodex
kiwifarms.net
Just wait until they noticed that now people can filter their games

Antique Rice

kiwifarms.net
This article seems super happy about this development. Surely they're not so new to the internet that they don't think it will be completely useless due to being misused for the memez, like "psychological horror" being attached to every barbie and pajama sam game.

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall, China-hating lesbian.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't even completely non-woke franchises like GTA have LGBT characters (like Trevor)?

Does it get a gay tag? Does it need one? Or does a game have to be basically utterly pozzed out, like a gay sex simulator, before it counts?

Bernie, Florian from GTAIV

@FBIMiamiFL please arrest me i cant stop masturbat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>blah blah glad this tag exists so i can filter out crappy games

talk to me about a tag to "exclude shit games" when a tag exists for all the Unity slide puzzles and russian meme games thanks

Guardian G.I.

СНГ scum
kiwifarms.net
BuT mUh PoLiTiCaL aGeNdA

This is what half the people unironically believe in this thread. Who give a shit if there's a gay tag?
Judging by posts in this thread, Steam will now revoke people's accounts if they don't buy LGBT-themed games, or something. It reminds me of asshurt Russian gopniks complaining about gay vidyagames characters on VK.

Tlazolli

pingas
kiwifarms.net
Finally a tag so I can play games with boring bland man hating lesbians and feel empowered as I play.

Qi Meng Dealer

kiwifarms.net
Funny thing, one of my favorite indie games is Bastard Bonds, whose gay creator loves massively muscular men, and the pixel art reflects that. But it doesn't feel like a game with gay themes. There's no bitching, value judgments or naval gazing, nor are there characters included just to make a point, all of which which seem like vital components of your average LGBTQ+ game.

That's because the developer is a competent one. The less-competent ones have to shout about wokeness because their games are shit as-is. Look at the monstrosities @Jaimas has to suffer through.

Bungus Scrungus

kiwifarms.net
If you're actually the type to get upset because some moniker isn't a tag for a storefront, you're a pathetic piece of shit who deserves to feel depressed. Oh wow, there isn't a tag for Muscle Girls? Well shit, I, as a Muscle Girl enthusiast; feel like absolute shit and wish to commit sudoku, brb.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Judging by posts in this thread, Steam will now revoke people's accounts if they don't buy LGBT-themed games, or something. It reminds me of asshurt Russian gopniks complaining about gay vidyagames characters on VK.

It's true. Plus I just booted up Darkest Dungeon and immediately got sodomized by an eldritch horror, so apparently gay sex is now mandatory too.

That's because the developer is a competent one. The less-competent ones have to shout about wokeness because their games are shit as-is. Look at the monstrosities @Jaimas has to suffer through.

There's nothing SJWs loathe more than art because it's universal and it obliterates the petty distinctions they want to use to divide all of humanity against itself with their hatred.