Stephanie Nadolny / Stephanie Ann Nadolny / stephvox - The Whistleblower

• Despite what alcoholic retards are saying, there are no plans to shut down the Kiwi Farms.

Sophia_orr

Dumb Bitch who gives no shits.
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if this has much to it but Stephanie has started responding on twitter. responded to the Kamehouse UK twitter person.
Any of you know what she means by "Fervid has"?

The Bright Lord

kiwifarms.net
She describes the place as dominated by an in-crowd of friends
* She mentions how she took her work seriously while much of the clique just thought it was cool to be working with their friends. This syncs with Funimation managers scolding Vic over his wanting to repeat takes to get things right while the director just wanted to move on
* Also her description of the lack of professionalism gives further insight why the in-crowd desperately wanted to keep Vic from the director job he was about to take on at Funimation. A bunch of friends who clearly just want to fuck around and get paid clearly don't want someone like Vic who is going to want people acting like professional adults on his projects.
Good Kami, how in the fuck has Funimation stayed in business for this long if they've been dicking around since practically the beginning?
Funimation honestly sounds like a paradise of a workplace when you describe it like this. The primary problem is how everyone in the clique is apparently a massive asshole. But just the idea of a company that feels like getting paid to hang out with your friends when you work there sounds like a dream come true.

AGothicNerdChick

kiwifarms.net
Funimation honestly sounds like a paradise of a workplace when you describe it like this. The primary problem is how everyone in the clique is apparently a massive asshole. But just the idea of a company that feels like getting paid to hang out with your friends when you work there sounds like a dream come true.
At the end of the day, a workplace is a workplace. If everyone's goofing around and not doing what they're supposed to do it probably explains why they were constantly behind on simulcast dubs.

There's nothing wrong with socializing, but when you start ousting other coworkers just because they don't believe in the same things you do or you plain don't like them cause their work ethic doesn't align with yours it becomes a toxic work environment.

The Bright Lord

kiwifarms.net
At the end of the day, a workplace is a workplace. If everyone's goofing around and not doing what they're supposed to do it probably explains why they were constantly behind on simulcast dubs.

There's nothing wrong with socializing, but when you start ousting other coworkers just because they don't believe in the same things you do or you plain don't like them cause their work ethic doesn't align with yours it becomes a toxic work environment.
Naturally, I agree that firing people for not fucking you, ruining careers because you don't like someone, etc. Is absolutely reprehensible nonsense and the people involved deserve to be fired... Out of a cannon.

As for the other stuff, from the perspective of a consumer I'd prefer if it was a well oiled sweatshop that produces my content as fast and high quality as possible, I agree with that.

But the perspective of an employee is usually opposed to the perspective of a customer. As an employee I'd want a job where I can work at a relaxed pace with my homies.

It's like George RR Martin taking 10 years to write a book vs. Red dead redemption 2 having staff work 100 hour weeks. One of those is great for the worker and the other is great for the customer.

AGothicNerdChick

kiwifarms.net
Naturally, I agree that firing people for not fucking you, ruining careers because you don't like someone, etc. Is absolutely reprehensible nonsense and the people involve deserve to be fired... Out of a cannon.

As for the other stuff, from the perspective of a consumer I'd prefer if it was a well oiled sweatshop that produces my content as fast and high quality as possible, I agree with that.

But the perspective of an employee is usually opposed to the perspective of a customer. As an employee I'd want a job where I can work at a relaxed pace with my homies.

It's like George RR Martin taking 10 years to write a book vs. Red dead redemption 2 having staff work 100 hour weeks. One of those is great for the worker and the other is great for the customer.
There is middle ground though. It's possible. Though I admit it'd be hard to find work where you can goof off every once in a while while working.

And though I think it would be fun to have a job like that...

I do have a strong work ethic and if I'm somewhere for a purpose I tend to want to fulfill that purpose, especially if it's something I'm getting paid to do. So I empathize with Stephanie and Vic, because they were probably seen as 'not as fun' or as having 'sticks up their asses' because they wanted to buckle down and do the work in front of them.

I totally get what you're saying though, I think it sounds like a dream job to be able to hang out with your friends and make money doing work at whatever leisure I see fit. I think if you're working somewhere, and it's your career...(Not some B.S. job you hate and pays like shit) I think you should go in to work goal oriented and remember why you're there. Especially in the entertainment industry or a service related job because your job wouldn't exist without the people backing you to begin with.

Reactions: The Bright Lord

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Have you read the Glass Door Reviews for Funimation?
It reinforces what Chuck said about the company.

P5Fever

Tiddies out for my internalized misogyny
kiwifarms.net
Too bad they pay you less than McDonalds

P5Fever

kiwifarms.net
And then you realize you won't be having any friends at Funimation.
Yeah a company that pays you that crappy with friends like them?

I think I’d be better off working at Walmart or Burger King. It may be crap but at least it would pay better.

How much does VA work pay anyway?
I could of sworn in either Vic’s or Monica’s depo, one of them said it was like $2.50 an hour. But I may be remembering wrong. Which is why they go for as many roles as possible and why they bank on conventions for money. It’s also why a lot of them get second jobs, like how Vic composed music and commercial jingles and Monica with hair dressing.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Zero Day Defense

Don't believe everything that you breathe
kiwifarms.net
I could of sworn in either Vic’s or Monica’s depo she said it was like $2.50 an hour. But I may be remembering wrong. Which is why they go for as many roles as possible and why they bank on conventions for money.
That is half a ham sandwich per hour and is severely below federal minimum wage, and also waiter wage.

No, their contracts stipulate $35 hourly. The issue would become that they're not working standard hours.

P5Fever

kiwifarms.net
That is half a ham sandwich per hour and is severely below federal minimum wage, and also waiter wage.

No, their contracts stipulate $35 hourly. The issue would become that they're not working standard hours.
Oh wait yeah I was remembering it wrong, it’s they only get 2 hours a day. Hence why they try for multiple roles to stack more hours.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Hey, you k ow what they say, if you can't beat them....

Oh my gods I'd be so happy if 500 3Musketeers Bars showed up. I'd build a castle out of them and post pictures of it for y'all. Then I'd go all Attack on Titan and cull the candy bar herd, buwahah.
On that day, mankind received a Cute reminder.

Oh wait yeah I was remembering it wrong, it’s they only get 2 hours a day. Hence why they try for multiple roles to stack more hours.
Also Hence why Sabet could get away with doing the Blows for Roles.

P5Fever

kiwifarms.net
No wonder union dubs generally sound better.
Admittedly, it’s just 2 hours for one role if I remember right for just Funimation which they could stack with multiple roles, but if you don’t have multiple roles you’re kinda in the doghouse hence you need a second job.

Though that could just be Funimation. I have no idea what Viz, Aniplex, or Sentai pays per hour or how many hours a day per role they give.

I do know voice acting is better for video games. Johnny Yong Bosh advised several anime VAs when roles dry up always go for video games because they will provide more work.

NeilBreenLover69

kiwifarms.net
(warning: buzzed, excuse the spelling)
At first, I was all like "Aww, Stephanie's caught up in this too?" when I saw this thread
then, after reading the OP, I got really, really fucking mad about how she got screwed over.
Her voice is goddamn perfect for Kid Goku and Gohan.
It is a fucking DISGRACE that her only recent roles from the last 6 fucking years is OK KO, with a protagonist that is literally diet coke kid Goku.
1567569141391.png

Fuck Chris Sabat and literally everyone working at funi for doing this to her

P5Fever

kiwifarms.net
(warning: buzzed, excuse the spelling)
At first, I was all like "Aww, Stephanie's caught up in this too?" when I saw this thread
then, after reading the OP, I got really, really fucking mad about how she got screwed over.
Her voice is goddamn perfect for Kid Goku and Gohan.
It is a fucking DISGRACE that her only recent roles from the last 6 fucking years is OK KO, with a protagonist that is literally diet coke kid Goku.
View attachment 921470

Fuck Chris Sabat and literally everyone working at funi for doing this to her
Supposedly KO was literally supposed to be based on Kid Goku so the creator tailor made that character with her voice specifically in mind. True it doesn’t undo the damage but at least there was someone who loved her so much when they made their cartoon they specifically wanted her.