Stephen King did a thing on Twitter talking about “diversity” in Oscars 2020 -

HollaGemini

Department of Diseasology
kiwifarms.net
King was all coke and mescalin.
You were right!!!
"Shortly after the novel's publication, King's family and friends staged an intervention, dumping on the rug in front of him evidence of his addictions taken from his office including beer cans, cigarette butts, grams of cocaine, Xanax, Valium, NyQuil, dextromethorphan (cough medicine) and marijuana."

vector3

kiwifarms.net
"As a fan, this is painful to read from you."

And so many tweet responses have language like that: "disappointing," "bad take," and caps-lock displays of anger.

Very few reasonable responses. Much more moral indignation. King is speaking from the heart, with good will, and with knowledge of the industry. And yet so many supposed fans feel justified in attacking the man and demonstrating their disappointment at him because he holds a mildly different perspective from theirs.

OttoWest

The dog meat is *perfectly* soft
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Like anyone should give a shit about what Roxane Gay thinks.

If you hate the system, lambast the system, proclaim the system “racist” or whatever, why would you still want to be rewarded by the system?

Oscars don’t have the same ticket-selling prestige they did 20-30 years ago. Winning an Oscar isn’t going to get Warner to write Nolan any blanker a check; they already write him that check because his movies are huge hits, financially and critically. It’s not going to make Olivia Colman or Saoirse Ronan movie stars. Wrinkle in Time still would’ve been a steaming shit sandwich if somehow DuVernay had won one for Selma.

People fighting over awards that really only matters for pub trivia matches is the height of that privilege thing they’re always whining about.

Zero Day Defense

Forces of evil in a Bozo nightmare
kiwifarms.net
The only time I cared about the Oscars up until this year was when I found that DiCaprio getting snubbed was a running joke, and I stopped caring after he finally got one at the cost of nearly dying from hypothermia and consuming raw bison liver.

This year, I learned that Ricky Gervais told everyone in attendance to take their award, thank whomever, and get off the stage because they all suck and nobody likes or respects them... only for some woman to talk about how she sacrificed her unborn child to Moloch or something for an Oscar (And That Was A Good Thing™).

Now I'm reading people employ such Shakespearean terms like "mansplaining" and "whitesplaining" to cannibalize an evaluator for these overglorified and inedible Klondike bars for saying that he would only ever evaluate nominations based on quality because everyone deserves a fair shot, not even thinking that having a better shot at this apparently big-deal trophy just because you're not white or straight and quotas need to be filled absolutely undermines that achievement.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
This kind of "contreversies" are a perfect example of why the modern left hates Capitalism. They don't want a fair competition based on quality, they want to either control what the public sees as "good" to peddle their shitty media (that is pure propoganda) or use monopolies (either MSM or Hollywood execs) to control the industry and remove actual good writers.
And the worse part is that they are right that there is a blatant discrimination in Hollywood that prevents it from having a fair competition - That is against Conservatives. You'd have an easier time finding a tranny or a dindu in Hollywood than a person who openly himself a Trump supporter.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

your local tranny hater
kiwifarms.net
Why is hard for people to understand that you win awards based on the merit of your skill or experience? Being given an award just because you're a (black, white, female, gay, et al.) filmmaker invalidates the award. You didn't get that award because of a particular film; you got it because you so happened to be born a certain way. Let your skill or work do the talking for the award.
Holy crap, these are the kids that grew up to think the swimming participation award made them feel good instead of like dogshit. Bring back beatings.

Biffo

kiwifarms.net
Reminder Ava DuVernay supports Assata Shakur a cop killer that ran to Cuba and even wants to do a movie about her painting her a freedom fighter.

Any way Stephen King is right however the Oscars voters are awful anyway and vote for some of the worst shit, never forget Bohemian Rhapsody won best editing or that Black Panther was up for best picture last year,

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
Its not his fault that Hollywood producers arent hiring diverse crowds to write movies. Hes doesnt hold the purse strings to be able to make those decisions

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
Timcast have fun to vlog about Stephen King.

Some Youtubers posted lots of food for thought.

The CIA

"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." -Dr. Martin Luther King [1963] "We don't care about the content of your character, what matters is the color of your skin." -Woke SJWs [2020]
Show less
Clown Supremacist
Malcom X was right all along. How about that?

]Eric Dunn

@Clown Supremacist As much as an a-hole malcolm x was, he was right about a lot of things. (Below I censored another word with 'black people' lol) "The liberal elements of whites are those who have perfected the art of selling themselves to the 'black people' as a friend of the 'black people'. Getting sympathy of the 'black people', getting the allegiance of the 'black people', and getting the mind of the 'black people'. Then the 'black people' sides with the white liberal, and the white liberal use the 'black people' against the white conservative. So that anything that the 'black people' does is never for his own good, never for his own advancement, never for his own progress, he’s only a pawn in the hands of the white liberal."

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Gives a rational and reasonable response...gets shit on for it. Tis the way of the #CurrentYear brigade.

He's right, but he's too little, too late. He chose to associate himself with this group, knowing what happens when you "step out of line", and now he's getting the same treatment he's dished out in the past. Purposeful or not, it's almost like actions have consequences, or something.

Also true.

Honestly, the only "diversity" film that got overlooked by the Oscars, to me, was Dolemite is My Name. I would have liked to see the academy give that more recognition with a few nominations.

frozenrunner

Salt production has resumed at normal levels.
kiwifarms.net
Its not his fault that Hollywood producers arent hiring diverse crowds to write movies.

They are, though. It's increasingly harder to get work in writers rooms if you're a white male because they openly discriminate against them. (Because of "diversity" and "fairness.") They brag about it.

It's just that last year was light on Pee Oh Cee/female-written and directed films that even Hollywood could pretend were great enough to defeat juggernauts of quality like Tarantino. (Of course, there were great films by female filmmakers last year, but they weren't big or "important" enough. The Oscars are bullshit.)