Steve1989MREInfo / Steve1989 / Steve Thomas - that guy that eats old MREs

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm always worried when he does a PLA one. I'm sure the chicoms are trying to take him out and they almost got him last time.
It's nice to see the PLA not treat their soldiers like the peasant troops they really are and feed them something a LITTLE better then rotting leftovers shoved into retort pouches. Still, even Steve said the chicken was well past it's peak, but a bunch of chili oil and slimy mushrooms covers a lot of sins I guess.

The tiny little 2 pellets of chocolate remind me of the after-dinner chocolates/mints you get with your bill in North American restaurants, lol. That literally IS an insulting amount of chocolate, and cheap chocolate from the sound of it too. I guess when you have to feed a standing army in the millions, you have to skimp on the luxuries.

Reactions: Oban Kamz

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The tiny little 2 pellets of chocolate remind me of the after-dinner chocolates/mints you get with your bill in North American restaurants, lol. That literally IS an insulting amount of chocolate, and cheap chocolate from the sound of it too. I guess when you have to feed a standing army in the millions, you have to skimp on the luxuries.
They usually gave out chocolate (in American MREs) specifically to be high calorie density and portable so you could carry it with you for a bit of energy. And it didn't taste very good to discourage just eating it immediately. But those little things just aren't enough to be useful for that purpose. It isn't really great for the kind of theaters we have lately which are really fucking hot (and chocolate melts in your pocket).

Peanut butter (and lots of it) is a really good, calorie-dense food for this kind of thing but with the Chinese, they'd probably fuck it up so it's full of deadly aflatoxin which grows on rotting peanuts.

Also their army is full of malnourished manlets but not manlet enough that this is a decent amount of chocolate.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
I literally spat soda out of my nose when he poured that sports drink powder into the sliced apples. A decent PLA one was nice, but that Canadian ration one was superb. And he's one MRE into a ten deep case and already getting weird with it(though clearly one was already cracked into for the Ice Sports Drink sliced apple sorbet)

The Un-Clit

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I literally spat soda out of my nose when he poured that sports drink powder into the sliced apples. A decent PLA one was nice, but that Canadian ration one was superb. And he's one MRE into a ten deep case and already getting weird with it(though clearly one was already cracked into for the Ice Sports Drink sliced apple sorbet)
I've got some canned sliced apples like that, and If I remember next time i'm at the supermarket i'm grabbing some ice sports drink powder and making myself a plastic bag of ice sports drink sliced apple sorbet for sure. I truely wonder what that would tastes like now, and the only other way is to buy a case of RCAF MREs.

*edit* FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!! Forgot the neon blue ice sports drink powder today! Now how will I ever eat the newst sweet treat designed by MRESteve??? (His "Army Mocaccino" is the TITS btw, the only way to make Folger's crystals drinkable.)

Last edited:

disky

Harusist
kiwifarms.net
are all Chinese rations like shit or do they only let foreigners eat the garbage
from the videos it looks like apparently you get either 7 nutrient bricks or rotten garbage.

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: The Un-Clit

The Un-Clit

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
are all Chinese rations like shit or do they only let foreigners eat the garbage
from the videos it apparently you get either 7 nutrient bricks or rotten garbage.
Yes.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
from the videos it apparently you get either 7 nutrient bricks or rotten garbage.
Based off of what I've read from other sources, I think that's really what they give their soldiers. Even the PLA's own paper did a story on the soldiers hating the food.

Reactions: The Un-Clit

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
from the videos it looks like apparently you get either 7 nutrient bricks or rotten garbage.
One of the rations that sent him to the hospital wasn't even out of date and it was PLA. The most recent he did was reasonably okay even if it was in the "7 nutrient bricks" category. The hot part was at least edible.

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net

Another double drop from Steve. Haven't watched the Korean rations yet, but the re-release of the Four Fingers of Death is weird. His arms have gotten even more jacked in quarantine, I think he's dreading eating it, and he's real bipolar on if he's done or not consuming rancid food. I think the botulism is taking over his brain and trying to get him to ingest more citizens for their nation.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think I read somewhere that the reason PLA MREs are so shit is that the Chinese are still almost entirely reliant on mobile field kitchens to provide hot meals for their personnel during exercises and maneuvers (and presumably real deployments as well). They are not seriously geared up for any kind of expeditionary warfare, so they take it for granted that they will always have the benefit of a big logistical tail (which includes field kitchens) on hand when fighting on their land borders or when invading nearby islands.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I think I read somewhere that the reason PLA MREs are so shit is that the Chinese are still almost entirely reliant on mobile field kitchens to provide hot meals for their personnel during exercises and maneuvers (and presumably real deployments as well). They are not seriously geared up for any kind of expeditionary warfare, so they take it for granted that they will always have the benefit of a big logistical tail (which includes field kitchens) on hand when fighting on their land borders or when invading nearby islands.
That's actually a pretty safe bet on their part. They should still have better MREs for the odd situations where that isn't the case.

Or wait what am I saying? They should fucking die, they're communists.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
I've read that as well. One speculation I've seen is that the only real reason they implemented the PLA MREs was because they're something a modern military is "supposed" to have, so they went out and did it in the most CCP way possible: cheap and vaguely meeting the qualifications of "nutritious".

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've read that as well. One speculation I've seen is that the only real reason they implemented the PLA MREs was because they're something a modern military is "supposed" to have, so they went out and did it in the most CCP way possible: cheap and vaguely meeting the qualifications of "nutritious".
I think they are definitely for show. If they really planned on relying on MREs for feeding their troops in the field, they probably have enough food scientists and experts to make something palatable. It could also be a humanitarian "soft power" flex, so when they send UN Peacekeepers to whatever African shithole, they can pretend to be on par with the US and other great powers by handing out free MREs to the starving locals who aren't exactly going to complain about quality.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The most recent PLA MRE Steve tried was actually semi-decent. I like to imagine that it was literally because of Steve that they improved them, because they sent him to the hospital last time.

• Agree
Reactions: I can't imagine

Goldman

PROTECKING THE LYFE CYCLE
kiwifarms.net
I think they are definitely for show. If they really planned on relying on MREs for feeding their troops in the field, they probably have enough food scientists and experts to make something palatable. It could also be a humanitarian "soft power" flex, so when they send UN Peacekeepers to whatever African shithole, they can pretend to be on par with the US and other great powers by handing out free MREs to the starving locals who aren't exactly going to complain about quality.
They've got their fake Disneyland and Potemkin villages cities, so its would be right up their alley.

Tags
None