Steve1989MREInfo / Steve1989 / Steve Thomas - that guy that eats old MREs

Zersetzung

popular twitch speedrunner edward snowden
kiwifarms.net
I'm refering to the previous iteration of PLA MREs, which came in a green pouch.
afaik both Type-09s and Type-13s are current, even though they seem to have been pulling 09s from the civilian market for the last year or so. 13s are basically just a pair of 09 mains without any of the desserts etc.
Since morale comes up a lot, my theory is that the 13s are basically a deliberately restricted bullshit option in order to boost the perceived morale value of the modest-but-tasty 09s. From what I've heard China doesn't even really use rations much: they prefer cooking trucks, which makes sense: rice/pickled vegetables/whatever are already stable and portable so MRE-type rations are nearly redundant. Giving the 13s a US MRE colour scheme seems like a sly Confucian joke.

I'm pretty sure the green shit on the noodles in the Type-13s is just staining from the vegetables and a separate thing from whatever was wrong with his meat. I've eaten a few and been fine, and it wasn't really alarming since I've eaten at some shitty restaurants in China and green-stained noodles aren't that strange.

I hope he either had a bad batch or israel is shooting him with thallium darts whenever he mentions china now, because I'm relying on this shit to keep me alive when the all the shipping container EMPs go off and plunge us into exciting party mode finally

Last edited:

Capsaicin Addict

Dancing on the ashes of history.
kiwifarms.net
afaik both Type-09s and Type-13s are current, even though they seem to have been pulling 09s from the civilian market for the last year or so. 13s are basically just a pair of 09 mains without any of the desserts etc.
Since morale comes up a lot, my theory is that the 13s are basically a deliberately restricted bullshit option in order to boost the perceived morale value of the modest-but-tasty 09s. From what I've heard China doesn't even really use rations much: they prefer cooking trucks, which makes sense: rice/pickled vegetables/whatever are already stable and portable so MRE-type rations are nearly redundant. Giving the 13s a US MRE colour scheme seems like a sly Confucian joke.

I'm pretty sure the green shit on the noodles in the Type-13s is just staining from the vegetables and a separate thing from whatever was wrong with his meat. I've eaten a few and been fine, and it wasn't really alarming since I've eaten at some shitty restaurants in China and green-stained noodles aren't that strange.

I hope he either had a bad batch or israel is shooting him with thallium darts whenever he mentions china now, because I'm relying on this shit to keep me alive when the all the shipping container EMPs go off and plunge us into exciting party mode finally
View attachment 717117
You might want to diversify. I've got U.S. made MREs and dehydrated food (MREStar and Mountain House), never had problems with them.

MREs not tasting particularly good is one thing, but if it actually makes you ill...

Zersetzung

popular twitch speedrunner edward snowden
kiwifarms.net
But I've eaten several and they're fine. Anything can have a bad batch.
(and when that happens obviously you unload them on americans.)

I was kidding about survival, though. Every day I yearn for death.

Reactions: Marco Fucko

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gotta love how the Peoples Republic of China can't even produce an edible MRE for its army.

• Agree
Reactions: ASoulMan

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
European countries do a good job at making delicious MREs.

France seems to like Pork - Must be their way of kicking extremists out of the foreign legion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy Lahey

Rice Is Ready

Mmmm, red velvet
kiwifarms.net
I find it so satisfying when he smokes the vintage ciggys in the MRE's. Maximum comfy.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
That shepherds pie looks like a pretty open ended interpretation of what shepherd's pie is.
I've seen anything from just hamburger with mashed potatoes on top called shepherd's pie.

I find it so satisfying when he smokes the vintage ciggys in the MRE's. Maximum comfy.
I liked the one where he had vintage old school Camels that were still fresh. You could tell they were classic.

Daddy's back
I don't think anything will ever beat that absurdly elegant French ration. Trust the French to have something like that. Maybe they can't beat any country in the world but they'll eat well while they're losing.

Tags
None