Steve1989MREInfo / Steve1989 / Steve Thomas - that guy that eats old MREs

I've seen anything from just hamburger with mashed potatoes on top called shepherd's pie.

I liked the one where he had vintage old school Camels that were still fresh. You could tell they were classic.

I don't think anything will ever beat that absurdly elegant French ration. Trust the French to have something like that. Maybe they can't beat any country in the world but they'll eat well while they're losing.
That's truly horrifying but I can relate.

The old school camels were the best, made in the old turkish blend style with Latakia. It's sad when they cut corners to put down the cost of production.

The Ostrich ration was over the top. Most boring ration he's eaten had to be those Japanese ones with the two pouches of rice and one entree.

It looks like a poor take on shepherd's pie, but at least it looks reasonably enjoyable on it's own merits.

Compare with the unholy abomination that is the Canadian IMP "poutine" main.

Apologies for double post.

I don't even think you can classify that as poutine. It's disappointing cause Baxter's actually makes fairly high end soups and other products, but this literally couldn't be further from the real thing if they tried. Just call that shit chicken and potatoes in gravy. Psychologically it will be more palatable, than calling it Poutine and having to put up with groups of pissed off Frog grumbling in Quebeqois about it.

Reactions: 1 person

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apologies for double post.

I don't even think you can classify that as poutine. It's disappointing cause Baxter's actually makes fairly high end soups and other products, but this literally couldn't be further from the real thing if they tried. Just call that shit chicken and potatoes in gravy. Psychologically it will be more palatable, than calling it Poutine and having to put up with groups of pissed off Frog grumbling in Quebeqois about it.
There is probably a policy in Canada that requires some Quebecois representation in the food.

CumDumpster

camedei707, King of ROX
kiwifarms.net
There is probably a policy in Canada that requires some Quebecois representation in the food.
Never mind that Quebec's over-represented.
I got an idea, if Canada cares so much for diversity, then why don't they teach Macron's French instead of "Quebecoise"?

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Never mind that Quebec's over-represented.
I got an idea, if Canada cares so much for diversity, then why don't they teach Macron's French instead of "Quebecoise"?
Trudeau is doing one thing right - Flooding Quebec with Haitians.

They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind.

GentlemanFaggot

I got in...
kiwifarms.net
Poutine is widespread and loved across the country now, so it's only natural they'd try and include it. It was a noble goal but a massive failure.

Considering Canada is the birthplace of McCains oven fries, it's shocking they managed to fuck up the fries in that so much. Not that McCains fries are good, but at least they're fries!

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's back with a 24 hour ration from 1945
Fuckin Ay. I LOVE it when he cracks into the WWI/WW2/Korean War vintage MREs. Thanks fam!

The Vietnam MREs are kinda played out, everyone knows about the infamous 'ham and motherfuckers' ration and they didn't even issue smokes any more. I think I like the REAL vintage ones like this because they contain cool shit like smokes from brands that don't exist any more, nifty compact tools for the survival kits and best of all when they can be found, the awesome stuff like dextroamphetamine tabs for survival kits or amphetamine laced chocolate for ze Wehrmacht.

Fuckin Ay. I LOVE it when he cracks into the WWI/WW2/Korean War vintage MREs. Thanks fam!

The Vietnam MREs are kinda played out, everyone knows about the infamous 'ham and motherfuckers' ration and they didn't even issue smokes any more. I think I like the REAL vintage ones like this because they contain cool shit like smokes from brands that don't exist any more, nifty compact tools for the survival kits and best of all when they can be found, the awesome stuff like dextroamphetamine tabs for survival kits or amphetamine laced chocolate for ze Wehrmacht.
I really treasure it when Steve goes through an old MRE, especially the WW2 stuff and that hard tack from the Civil War. His channel really is a repository of interesting archaeological finds.

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
First job I ever had I had a real problem getting food down in the morning. Job was fucking depressing as all hell and I mostly just wanted to drop dead rather than try to eat in the morning.. I started my mornings with Steve1989 vids, and magically I could choke enough down to make it through the day. There's something magic about this dude.

Still waiting on that WW1 ration though man. I'm interested as hell in that even if its completely inedible.

ScamL Likely

IT'S! NOT! EVEN! HOT! OUT! SIDE~!
kiwifarms.net

Daddy's back again! PLA rations always look like they're miserable to eat.
I've heard stories about Soviet rations from the 50s that claimed one of the things they got was stale hardtack that had worms in it from improper storage.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The hard biscuits 18th century British (and presumably other) sailors got as rations were apparently slightly improved by the worms that infested them as it added a little protein. Nice of the Russians to keep things traditional.
Same with weevils in rice. In constant famine conditions you'd be unwise to turn down any source of protein.

Tags
None