Steve1989MREInfo / Steve1989 / Steve Thomas - that guy that eats old MREs

Dreamland

Mural of coral and cold
kiwifarms.net
Today he's presenting us another two-parter with some islamic content and neo-communist rations. AUGH YEAH

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Today he's presenting us another two-parter with some islamic content and neo-communist rations. AUGH YEAH

Absolutely halal. Also he should really dump all his Chinese MREs immediately.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
That or Classified Ads in newspapers and or knowing the right people.
At least for the Scandinavian MREs they could be bought in fishing/hunting/hiking stores, in addition to the surplus stores.

The one in the Norwegian MRE is Real Turmat's reindeer stew, he really liked that one and they are pretty good(just watched the video on the french ration and he brought it up as a comparison).

£11 if anyone wants to give it a try.

Feathers and Stones

Malagasy soda won't cure Wuhan Virus.
kiwifarms.net
At least for the Scandinavian MREs they could be bought in fishing/hunting/hiking stores, in addition to the surplus stores.

The one in the Norwegian MRE is Real Turmat's reindeer stew, he really liked that one and they are pretty good(just watched the video on the french ration and he brought it up as a comparison).

£11 if anyone wants to give it a try.
The Norwegian MREs are outstanding. Had one of the more run-of-the-mill Norwegian menus once and it was quite nice, especially compared to the American equivalent.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
The Norwegian MREs are outstanding. Had one of the more run-of-the-mill Norwegian menus once and it was quite nice, especially compared to the American equivalent.
They're good because they are also a consumer product, if regular people don't want to eat it then regular people in the army don't want to eat it. Scandinavia have that hiking and outdoor culture that it's the perfect place to not only test but sell those products and see if people like them. I had a friend that ate the different Norwegian courses for dinner almost every day for 6-9 months after his divorce and he still had a very positive attitude towards them, that's a good indicator on quality.

Don Juan El Tardo

What a long strange trip it's been
kiwifarms.net

Everyone talked about the Civil War hardtack, but then there is this. A beef and cocoa ration from the Second Boer war. A ration that is older than his home state. Hell, the cow that went into this had it's last moo in the 19th century.

His colon and immune system is probably fighting harder than all the soldiers in any given war he's sampled food from.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Today, Steve reminds us that he is still alive with one of the worst MREs to date.

Just the name sounds like it portends one of the vomit-like horror MREs.

That's really bad. You know it's bad when MREviewbrah has absolutely nothing good to say about it. Then he adds literally everything else in the MRE to try to make the main course edible.

This video also does expand on his general prison cuisine philosophy of combining available items to make something good out of what is basically crap, like the combo of the protein drink and the coffee.

Also the crackers used to be better. I used to get these things from a cousin in the brown mylar bags and the crackers and peanut butter were epic.

He just compared it to the Vomelet. That's how bad it is. And he repeatedly does the speed video thing while he's forcing himself to eat this repulsive shit.

And again, reflecting his generous nature, he compliments everything else in the MRE. How is anyone this nice?

"There's always that guy." In reference to the one guy out there who likes this shit.

Last edited:

Dick Pooman

Muchacho Sauce
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just the name sounds like it portends one of the vomit-like horror MREs.

That's really bad. You know it's bad when MREviewbrah has absolutely nothing good to say about it. Then he adds literally everything else in the MRE to try to make the main course edible.

This video also does expand on his general prison cuisine philosophy of combining available items to make something good out of what is basically crap, like the combo of the protein drink and the coffee.

Also the crackers used to be better. I used to get these things from a cousin in the brown mylar bags and the crackers and peanut butter were epic.

He just compared it to the Vomelet. That's how bad it is. And he repeatedly does the speed video thing while he's forcing himself to eat this repulsive shit.

And again, reflecting his generous nature, he compliments everything else in the MRE. How is anyone this nice?

"There's always that guy." In reference to the one guy out there who likes this shit.
It looks like vomit and diarrhea in a pouch. I wonder what the Army is thinking sometimes with this shit. You're right about the crackers. They used to have those little salt crystals on top like saltine crackers do and they had a little bit of a buttery taste to them. Such a shame.

wopirish

kiwifarms.net
i remember getting one of those spinach mres on the range last year. I took two bites and threw it in the trash. the omelet being the only other one i ever trashed outright. I find it difficult to describe personally but im watching steve's video on it now

• Informative
Reactions: MechanicusAdmin
Tags
None